Start by marking “Put It Out There (Britannia Beach, #1)” as Want to Read:
Put It Out There (Britannia Beach, #1)

Put It Out There

(Britannia Beach #1)

The first book in the Britannia Beach series, perfect for fans of Katie McGarry.

‘Did you miss me?’

Returning home to Britannia Beach a year after her life was shattered is bittersweet for Derian Lafleur. Although some things settle back into place, others don’t click like they used to…especially her friendship with Trevor Maverty.

Derian suddenly wishes the boy next door
Published July 1st 2016 by Harper Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Put It Out There, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Put It Out There

Start your review of Put It Out There (Britannia Beach, #1)
Wendy
Let me tell you, I dived into this book with not as high expectations as others maybe would but I'm glad I did because it totally amazed me. I literally didn't expect it to be so good!

The main character is Derian and we read from her POV. And first off I really have to say something about her name because wow, I love it! It's so special and it really suits her. Okay, without further a do, let's get into the review. Derian was funny. Not funny like wow, you make a lot of jokes but funny in a way
Anniek
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Derian went to live with her mother in Vancouver after her father died in a tragic accident. A year later she moves back to Britannia Beach because she wants to be home. Her grandfather owns an inn and Derian can live with him. Derian helps him out with the day to day chores at inn and breakfast is her specialty. The inn is old and is in desperate need of renovations. Will her grandfather be able to keep running it?

Trevor lives next door to Derian. They have been best friends forever. Derian,
Hannah Smith
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full Review: https://mortalreader.wordpress.com/20...

Summarised Review:

Start with a Girl and Boy Next Door plot and throw in a couple of premonitions and you have yourself what I would describe as the next best summer read. This was my first experience with D.R Graham as an author and I had no trouble finding myself hooked in the middle of this book, wanting to read on to find out what would happen to Derian.

There are numerous elements to Put It Out There that I really loved, such as it's
Dee/ bookworm
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. The main character, Derian, is a smart girl with a troubling past and as a side benefit has premonitions of the scary kind. I like that she tried to change her appearance to be more noticeable, but somehow managed to stay true to herself, and even though she thought people viewed her as a prude, she didn't give into peer pressure. A wonderful message to any reader. And as an added benefit the guy she likes was happy she was a "prude". I can't wait for the next in the ...more
Isobel Radakovic
This book was exactly what I was looking for; nothing more and nothing less. I really wanted a summer romance book, with all its cheesiness and no substance, and this was it! I can't knock it in any way, because I had a great time reading it. Normally I'm not the biggest fan of the romance being with someone the main character already knows, but I didn't mind it too much in this. I also liked the whole visions aspect, because it brought something new to an otherwise typical story.
Andrea at Reading Lark
Review Posted on Reading Lark 7/11/16: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2016/...

Full disclosure: I mainly picked this one up because it was recommended for Katie McGarry fans (LOVE her) and it was a cheap Kindle snag. Luckily, Put It out There turned out to be one of those impulse buys that didn't leave me with regret. In fact, I immediately pre-ordered the other two books in the series which will be out later this year. I'm thrilled not to have to wait a year or more to find out what happens
Sandra
Jul 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1.5
Book Binge
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Derian grew up in Britannia Beach with her dad and her maternal grandfather. Her mother and father were married but lived separately – with the mom living in an apartment in Vancouver. Unfortunately, Derian’s dad got in an accident while driving to see her mother and died. Derian tried living with her mother for a year but she missed her grandfather and her friends too much.

She’s now back and starting her junior year in high school. She’s happy to be helping her grandfather with his Inn even
Annette Kaario
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series and the book was excellent, but the ending was extremely annoying, though it’s okay, because it just made me want to read the next book asap.
Suze Lavender
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Derian loves Britannia Beach and even though she's happy to be back, she misses her dad very much. He passed away and her mother lives in Vancouver, where Derian can't seem to settle. That's why she decided to come back to her hometown and live with her grandfather. She helps him with his inn and is used to getting up early to make people breakfast. Doing chores doesn't feel like work and she likes the daily routine and the customers. However, Derian's grandfather has trouble keeping up and the ...more
Abagail
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, netgalley
This is where I wish that goodreads has a 10 star rating system, because this was really probably closer to a 3.5 rating for me. It was a quick read, despite some clunky dialogue and repetitive exposition, and great for a summer beach read. I should note that this is the first book in a series, and while it's not clear whether the next book will continue to focus on Deri or shift to another character, based on the resolution, I can only assume that we're not done with Deri's journey.

After the
T. Rosado
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS!

Note: This story doesn't necessarily end on a cliffhanger, but does end without closure to certain aspects within the main characters life. The next two books in the series are already released.

Put it Out There is written from Derian's POV. She is returning to Britannia Beach a year after her father's car accident and subsequent death to stay with her grandfather at the inn he runs. this is where she spent most of her childhood years along with one of her best friends and boy next
Jane Hunt
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Put It Out There (Britannia Beach, #1) by D.R. Graham

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+
Connect on...:
Twitter

Derian returns home a year after her father’ death, to find some things always stay the same, whilst others are subtly different. Derian has a gift, which confuses her. She matures emotionally in this story, as she accepts past tragedy, copes with change and discovers her inner strengths.
Romance or the lack of it dominates Deri’s life. Finding it
Valerie
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Derian Lafleur is a unique character. She has visions that show people suffering but they cause her pain as well because she can't figure out when or where the vision will actually happen. After losing her father in an accident, she returns home a year later to live with her grandfather in his inn. He's interested in selling it and she's determined to save it. It contains her childhood memories.

When she returns to Britannia Beach, her friends welcome her home and Derian tries to find a new
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
eARC received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I wasn't familiar with D. R. Graham until Harper Collins did a triple cover reveal for the Britannia Inn series. After reading Put it Out There I now consider her an automatic 1-click author. I really enjoyed this first book in a new series. I was expecting a girl-meets-boy type story but realised early on this was so much more.

Derian Lafleur is as interesting and as unique as her name. In Put It Out There she has just moved back to
Melinda Howard
*This book was provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

This was a really good, light, contemporary read with a paranormal twist. All the characters were intriguing and I really liked Trevor's little sister Kailyn; she was so sweet and innocent. The plot was fast moving and interesting and there was a good blend of romance, school and family. Although the next door neighbour romance is a common trope that many people think is overdone, I am a sucker for a good boy-next-door
D.M.
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed feelings about this book mainly because the ending just doesn't quench your thirst. This is the first book in a series of three and this is just the start of the story.

Derian has moved back to the town she grew up in. She has only been gone a year but she still has to settle back in. She is living at her grandads Inn and the hotel is under a lot of pressure. This book is about learning to grow up and adjust.
I think In the long run this will be a romance series however this book
Sue Holmes
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
*Review copy received from publisher*

Put It Out There is a contemporary contradiction. Alternating light-hearted, flirty fun with a deeper and slightly paranormal twist. It beckons to the reader, calling for attention. With it’s complicated, layered characters (including the secondary characters) it gives back more than it asks.

The easy, relaxed writing style makes it a perfect summer read. It was over too soon. While I can’t wait for the sequel, this story is definitely unfinished, I think I
Megan
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I've got to admit, I went into this book not really expecting much and came out super thrilled! Derian made me laugh, the plot was lovely, all the characters were well fleshed out and I adored the added edition of Derian's premonitions. Genuinely awesome! I mean, I started it as soon as I woke up this morning and finished it in a couple of hours. If that doesn't show you how great it is, I don't know what will.
Kerry
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick easy read the characters are fun and the drama isn't too childish. I haven't read a YA book in so long and I'm glad I picked this one up. What sets this book apart from your typical YA book is Derians visions this gave it an edge that I thought was well put together. I didn't know this was part of a series so I was excited to see that book 2 is out already. If it wasn't 1.15am I would be diving straight into it but I think I need to get some sleep and start book 2 tomorrow.
Michelle
Jun 14, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to enjoy this book. I even read every single word of it, but I really didn't like it.

I liked the idea behind saving the Hotel/Inn, but that's about all. I disliked how the protagonist thought she loved one person, but went out with another, and flirted with someone else. Really!!! You love someone but feel the need to chase everyone else. Before all of this I thought she was a nice person, but I quickly changed my mind.
Sharon
Fiorela
rated it it was ok
Dec 13, 2017
D.R. Graham
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
May
Jul 10, 2016
Luan Attridge
Mar 17, 2019
Lucy
Jul 01, 2016
Koren Breen
Dec 05, 2017
Danielle R. Graham is a multi-published cross-genre author with HarperCollins. From sweet, romantic and funny to edgy, psychological and historical, D.R. Graham’s books blend genres and break boundaries.

Danielle R. Graham is also an art and play therapist in private practice. Her romance, suspense, and psychological thrillers deal with issues relevant to young adults in love, transition, or

Britannia Beach (3 books)
  • What Are The Chances? (Britannia Beach #2)
  • And Then What? (Britannia Beach #3)
“I don't have the time, skill level, or experience to date one guy, let alone two. Fortunately, there's more to life than boys. How about we focus on something other than me finding a mate?” 0 likes