Start by marking “Abduction” as Want to Read:
Abduction

Abduction

3.34  ·  Rating details ·  224 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
She needed time--and that was running out

After two years' separation from Gabriel, her husband, Marisa still didn't think she was ready to cope with being his wife. His wealthy life-style had intimidated her. His snobbish friends had made her feel like a poor little nobody.

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #435, 188 pages
Published June 1981 by Harlequin Books (first published February 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Abduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abduction

Naksed
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)

As the blurb tells us she runs away from her husband, as she is unable to cope and then has a secret baby. The son gets abducted and so that’s how the H finds her again. It’s not an easy reconciliation as the reasons/problems that make her run away in the first place are so obscure and bewildering -to the H, to the reader, and to the h herself I felt. She was a shy quiet typist in his office and he falls for her like a ton of bricks and more. She is 19 to his 35. There were times I wondered why
Julz
StMargarets
Reviewer's math:
5 star for the intensity + 1 star for the romance for an average of 3 stars

CL really writes crazy well. When the hero says that he should have gotten the heroine a psychiatrist instead of marrying her, I thought now we're getting somewhere. But alas, he went back to being an obsessive stalker and she went back to her passive aggressive nonsense.

*sigh*

I didn't like this story the first time I read it, and I liked it even less this time. The heroine is self-absorbed and morbidly ob
April Brookshire
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: harlequin
The heroine was kind of an idiot. Who leaves their baby on the sidewalk parked in his stroller while they go into shops? He isn't a dog! And I'm surprised the wealthy hero couldn't find the heroine for 2 years. The issue of him hangin' with his former girlfriend was never addressed and the ending was abrupt.
FeliciaKaren
I wish the hero would have left heroine and take his son with him.
Eva Harlowe
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Poonam
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
There was no love between the H and the h. They kept on fighting till the end. The h was really cold and weird. Giving it 2 stars as this book is by charlotte lamb otherwise this is a 1 star.
Booklover
This was an intense emotional read,the issues were handled well but what spoiled the book for me was Gabriel slapped Marisa(never apologised for it),called her Bitch number of times.Marisa what do i say , i disliked her cause she is one selfish confused woman,when she was not yet ready why she entered the marriage,never did she spoke how she felt just kept quiet and only cause she feared Gabriel would stop loving her she ran away and never did she even let Gabriel know he was a father again kept ...more
Chantal ❤️
Well I would have given it more but it just ended!? What??? I was so confused. What resolution? What about everything do they stay together does she love him? What about her emotional immaturity? Come on this book needs a part two or at least one more chapter. What with that her just leaving like that? Is she just stupid or what?!
Saintlyjuliet
Jul 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
There a two categories of romance novels that all readers do not wish to stumble across. One: when the hero is so arrogant, mean, conceited and controlling that you just want to bash his head in (usually because he is paired with a tstl heroine) - and two: when the heroine is so arrogant, mean, dumb, stubborn or whatever else (there's a much bigger range than for the hero) that you just want to bash her head into a wall repeatedly!

Abduction falls into the second category. Usually these books are
JG
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Pathetic heroine. Doormat heroines never bother me before, actually i prefer them than the usual spitfire ones who annoys the hell out of me by getting mad for no reason whatsoever. But seriously, no amount of the usual Charlotte Lamb flare will ever save this book for me.

The heroine is so weak, so pathetic and fragile. Her emotions are all over the place and she is just as dumb as a bag of stones. Her fear of rejection and all made her selfish and petty.

Oh and the ending was rushed- she didn't
Melanie♥
4.5 stars. Old school HP classic.
3meg
Jul 08, 2011 rated it liked it
this was a very good read but very dated. I can give it a better rating simply because she was so young and passive. Even at the end I did not feel like she grew up enough....
Kim
May 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Kim by: sarah stephens
this was ok and was a fast read
sbf20112011
Sep 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Meh. I expect a lot more drama and angst and hero-asshattery from Charlotte Lamb. This hero was almost too nice given how idiotic the heroine was. Though really, he was an idiot too -- it sounds like she sat in stunned silence for the entire first part of their relationship, why would he want to marry her? I can tolerate some pretty bad behavior from romance heroes, and usually Charlotte Lamb delivers on that -- what I don't like is a boring relationship, and I was pretty bored by this one.
Tia
Nov 13, 2012 rated it liked it
When the heroines and heroes son gets kidnapped the hero shows back up in the picture. Only to rescue his son and have plans to take back his wife. It was pretty dramatic and the end of the book was screwed up again in my opinion.
Mary
Feb 16, 2015 added it
need to read
Rose
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Stupid assumptions/misunderstandings/family separated them
Love and clear communication help bring them back together
Lovely story with an arrogant male and a strong but weak female
RomLibrary
She needed time--and that was running out

But some things had changed in two years. Marisa had had to raise Jamie, their baby, by herself, and that had given her new confidence and shown her the meaning of true love.

Then Jamie was abducted, and she thought she would d
Onu
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars only because of the hero. The heroine was TSTL. Annoying. The hero Gabriel was such a tortured soul. He had suffered so much. Pity he ended up with a TSTL heroine like Marisa.
Oksana Lvova
Mar 21, 2016
Maita Morales
Jan 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Romance h thinks H stole their child. [s] 9 48 May 05, 2018 10:27AM
  • Engaged to Jarrod Stone
  • The Love Conspiracy
  • The Markonos Bride
  • Silence Speaks for Love
Sheila Ann Mary Coates Holland
aka Sheila Holland, Sheila Coates, Charlotte Lamb, Sheila Lancaster, Victoria Woolf, Laura Hardy

Sheila Ann Mary Coates was born on 1937 in Essex, England, just before the Second World War in the East End of London. As a child, she was moved from relative to relative to escape the bombings of World War II. Sheila attended the Ursuline Convent for Girls. On leaving scho
“Words were only an approximation of meaning. The meaning escaped between the words, dissolved, disappeared, like fog fading away between iron bars.” 0 likes