Start by marking “The Secret Teachings of Mary Magdalene: Including the Lost Verses of The Gospel of Mary, Revealed and Published for the First Time” as Want to Read:

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  41 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Discovered in fragments in Egypt in 1945, The Gospel of Mary remains one of the most controversial texts of early Christianity. This translation of Mary’s teachings, from the original Greek and Coptic, offers a unique new perspective: authors Claire Nahmad and Margaret Bailey utilized "inner listening" to uncover lost material, and they present Mary’s ideas in the form of ...more
Published December 31st 2006 by Watkins Publishing (first published April 15th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Teachings of Mary Magdalene, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Teachings of Mary Magdalene

John
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
To begin with, one should be aware that this is not a strict historical account. It does not claim to be, though it presents the material as though it were historical. However, it states from the beginning that much of the book is inspired through meditation and intuition. No punches pulled here.

It does not surprise me that this book be met with some nay saying as our male centered society maintains that it is taboo to promote an equality between God the Father and Goddess the Mother. In the sam
Simmie
May 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
My eyes were opened up to a whole other world.
Dawn
Dec 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Disappointing due to a disproportionate volume of material supplied by a method that can't in any way be verified.

I think I could buy into the author's having intuited a missing word or phrase based upon context on an intuitive level (i.e. "inner listening", meditation) but entire paragraphs of text? Sorry. Not buying it.

As I was most concerned with reading the translation of the actual fragments of texts discovered, and they were present, I was satisfied in that aspect.
Claire
Mar 20, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
It lost me at "we have also had conversations with Mary Magdalene through meditation"... I think the Karen King version would be more acurate, and less cooky.
Aaron
Jan 16, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: religious
This has almost nothing to do with the developement of Christianity, Mary Magdalene or Christian Theology. It's a piece of New Age drivel.
Pete daPixie
Feb 08, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: trash-can
Not secret any more thanks to the spiritual contact between the authors and Ms Magdalene. Couldn't finish this.
Holly Stephey
Janine
Jan 01, 2009
Elisa
Apr 29, 2014
Claire Nahmad is descended from a long line of herbalists and wise women, and has spent her life learning the ancient arts and attuning herself to the life of the spirit. She has published eight books on new age themes. She lives in a remote part of South Yorkshire where she is studying the local lore and legends.

- description from cover jacket of the 1998 edition of Fairy Spells