Start by marking “Out of Time: A Time Travel Novel” as Want to Read:
Out of Time: A Time Travel Novel

Out of Time: A Time Travel Novel

A scientist discovers time is actually fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. What he doesn't know, is if the current timeline can change when something is changed in the past. The US government wants him to find out. The theme being to make right what once went wrong. The time travelers meet all sorts of 20th century characters, but, someone is tryin ...more
ebook
Published April 7th 2010 by Cliff Ball (first published February 1st 2008)

Anita
Oct 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel
This is a brilliant story. The details in some parts of the story may be a little sparse but you'd be wrapped around enough with all the goings back in time to 'correct' certain events or outcomes in the past. The way the author intertwines the future to be part of the past is truly intriguing, if not mind-boggling. If the story doesn't tie your mind up in knots, it surely makes you question if time is linear or fluid. In either case, tinkering with time, even if for the purposes of 'improving' ...more
LeAnna Shields
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Some of the most famous events in American and world history set the stage in this great sci-fi time travel adventure. It catches your attention from the start and never lets go until you reach the end. The characters are well rounded and well written. The historical events are well researched and written to where it's plausible.
Sally
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I downloaded the sample and have to say that it hooked me. So I decided that I wanted to read the whole story.

I enjoyed reading Out of Time, and thought it very interesting in regard to how they dealt with the missions the characters were sent on, and I also loved the ending. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Considering time travel has been done a lot in books, I found this novella unique and liked the way the author tied it all together. Once I started, I had trouble putting it down.
Jeff Dawson
Feb 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Yes we are. The main problem with this story is the amount of history Mr. Ball tries to cover in a very short convoluted time frame. I believe it would have been much better to cut about 30% of the historical references out and stick with a fluid story. As it is, the reader is propelled from 1600 to 2157then back to 1865 to 1941 to 2001 and back to 2157 in 30,000 words. Talk about a monumental undertaking! And that is the problem. Along with that, because one is trying to cover so much in so lit ...more
Angela Lambkin
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am giving this ebook "Out of Time". five stars for what I thought was a very good Christian time travel suspenseful mystery! I found that especially when I had come to chapter 8 just had to stay up late even though at times I was feeling my eyes to tell me it was time to stop but found that I couldn't and needed to finish reading this ebook that late at night to see how it was all going to turn out for Hawking, etc. I had really enjoyed reading it and wished that I could have had an opportunit ...more
Diana
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thought provoking for sure! Some of the zooming back and forth in time was a little confusing but it still kept me interested enough to keep going. It was amazing to me the historical events that were chosen to be changed and how some would be left alone because the repercussions of changing a detail would have been too devastating. The possible scenarios were interesting.
Trisha
Jan 24, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Naw, this isn't for me. It didn't move fast enough and wasn't that interesting.. It was confusing, the main character was cloned fom the past & now he is the time traveler. He goes back to change the bad things and then returns only to find the earth almost destroyed. It goes on and on with space ships chasing the Eistein. Too crazy for me.
Arni Vidar Bjorgvinsson
May 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, amazon
There isn't really much going on in the story department, but the whole book seems more like a quick journey through US history and a contemplation on the problems and paradox theories involving time travel.

An interesting read, regardless, and by no means a waste of my time or money.
Una
Oct 31, 2015 added it
Amsterdam is not in Denmark.....
Joanne
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
You know, I really enjoyed this book. Quite a new take on subject and I loved what Cliff Ball did with the history aspect, how he changed history (right on!)
Ipswichblade
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice easy to read time travel novel, is it me or are books quicker to read on the Kindle
Serge
Dianne
Dec 01, 2013
Jason Jones
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Author has a gifted imagination.
Cliff Ball
Mar 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-novels
Feb 24, 2015
Barbara Stankey
May 20, 2014
Time Travel: Cliff Ball - Out of Time 9 46 Sep 24, 2014 02:04PM
Writers and Readers : Out of Time: a time travel novella 3 11 Apr 23, 2012 11:57AM
I'm a Christian first and foremost. My novels are written from my worldview, so they have either Christian or Conservative themes in them. I live in Texas, have a BA and Technical Writing Certificate from University of North Texas. I won 3rd in a short story contest for a magazine through my high school Creative Writing class. I've been independently published since 2008.

I'm a fan of a bunch of d