Start by marking “Four Doors Down” as Want to Read:
Four Doors Down

Four Doors Down

(Becca McKenzie #1)

Becca McKenzie is just trying to make it through her senior year of high school. She has good friends and a gorgeous boyfriend but Ryan Jackson, the bane of her existence, keeps popping up everywhere.

Published July 5th 2016 by Emma Doherty

To ask other readers questions about Four Doors Down, please sign up.
Emma Doherty Yes - I've finally managed to get it sorted and you can now get it on paperback through amazon :-)
Emma Doherty Aargh! Sorry, only just seen this.

Aargh! Sorry, only just seen this.

I'm working on it right now and I'm hoping to have it out by the end of this year/early next year. I want to get it right!(less)

Start your review of Four Doors Down
Shannon Moore
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
When I first started this book, I was thrilled; tickled pink even. Between the premise of friends who turned away from each other, enemies to lovers, and high school angst, this is right up my alley. The first 10% or so, I was smiling like an idiot because this book reminded me of Bully by Penelope Douglas, but in a much more realistic way. These incidents could and do actually happen in high schools these days. People do at times act like this towards each other and have these feelings, where a ...more
A_Ryan
5 Best friends-turned-Enemies to Lovers' Stars

"You’re infuriating. And exasperating and moody. And shitty and stubborn. And kind. And funny. And clever and talented. And beautiful.” He pauses. “You’re so freaking beautiful, Becca.”

What's it about? Two neighbours, who grew up as best friends, become enemies throughout highschool; even though the guy is desperately in love with her.

The best bits: I'm on a bit of a YA bend at the moment. I just love the focus on the character's voice that
Rachel E. Carter
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-paperback
Just binge read this last night. Aw, I want more now! Talk about a build up of romantic tension :D
Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)
Two stars because Ryan was AMAZING. Like, breathtakingly amazing. Fucking Becca and Charlie get minus a million stars. I'm so angry. I'm the angriest angry person in the history of angry. This would have been amazing if fucking Becca (yes that's her official name now fight me) (view spoiler)

Ryan was one of the best book boyfriends I've ever read and this had the potential to be perfect but (vi
Stacy
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Omgggggg the angst is REAL. Holy geez.
Elena Salvatore
Becca has lived her entire life next Ryan. Their moms are best friends and they used to be inseparable.
Then Ryan started haning out with the jocks and started making fun of Becca.
Heartbroken Becca decided that she's better off without him anyway and that's when she starts to hate him and he starts to be the bane of her existence.
He's there, at her locker making fun of her. He is there in class making a foul out of her and he's there when she talks to one of her best friends that is also his b
Emma Doherty
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
So, obviously I'm biased but I'm giving myself 5 stars!

I really enjoyed writing this book and I appreciate everyone that has bought it and taken the time to review it, good or bad. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I respect them all.

I've posted a couple of bonus scenes which didn't make it into the book onto my Facebook page and will update on there with any news about Four Years Later.

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/EmmaDohertyA...

Enjoy!
Samantha Schwerin
So these gifs sum up my thoughts on this book pretty nicely:

Summary: Ryan and Becca have been friends since they were babies. Ryan loves Becca but {for reasons that are not mentioned until the end and are completely dumb tbh] doesn't want her to know . He realizes he likes her when they reach the end of middle school/beginning of High School but instead of acting on his feelings, he turns away from her. She is hurt by this and proceeds to hold a 4 year grudge against him. Becca ends up falling
Nadine Wilmschen
May 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
2 Stars

Not often do I read a book that is destroyed by just one character so completely.
Becca, our h, is (Sorry. Not sorry. ) a b****. She's so full of herself and treats the people in her life bad as f***. I've no idea why Ryan likes her. Really. The guy must be a masochist.

On top of that she's in love love with another guy for 80% of the story. That's something that doesn't help me liking this book.

Ryan was okay. A good guy who made one (JUST ONE) bad decision. But that's a reason for our bi
Damjana
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I am so confused right now. It's funny when you finish reading the book and you are so confused you don't know how to rate it. In matter of fact, it's not funny.
Heroine was soooo clueless that she was bordering to plain stupid. At the beginning I was on her side, but later she just annoyed hell out of me. The most interesting part is, I couldn't stopped reading this book. Usually I would DNF it, but this story was well written and intriguing even there was high school drama all the time.

So I wi
Samantha Larkin
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was written fine but the problem I had was the main h "Becca" being as thick as arse-holes!!! Seriously no-one is that stupid, her boyfriend was an arse and only interested in fucking her and she didn't realise she was just a booty call to him, please I was never that stupid at 17/18!
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Gosh – help me – Becca McKenzie must have been the most annoying and dense heroine that I read in a novel that I ever read so far. It is actually a wonder that she made it to her senior year in high school.

Ah – now I can already see the wheels in your head start turning – how can a book with that review opening get 4 Stars from me – you wonder? Right ?

Well I guess it’s the writing talent of Emma Doherty that she managed to write “Four Doors down” in such an engaging way that even an annoying cha
Mona
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was all set to like this book but then it crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed. The female MC Becca McKenzie has been treated like crap by her former neighbor and best friend Ryan since the start of school when they were twelve. He's embarrassed and humiliated her at every opportunity to the point that she avoids him completely.

Now they're seniors and he's still doing it. He even announces to the school that she's been screwing her boyfriend when he had a longtime girlfriend (which she did
Stephanie
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Easy, quick read that was kind of addicting, but I did not like this one as much as the other book I have read by this author. The plot was different, but it felt really similar. Both books are about a completely oblivious girl who doesn't realize the hot, popular guy is SUPER into her. Becca was a really unlikable character and I wish more than just the epilogue was told through Ryan's POV. Becca was always going on about how other people were stuck up and thought they were too cool for her, bu ...more
Beatriz
Aug 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
Ryan was an asshole don't care... (read: chapter 10)
Book I'm telling you to... F@#% U
Sharon Mariampillai
Thank you Sharon J for recommending this book to me. This was an incredible read. I love stories that involve an friends-to-enemies-to-lovers. The story is mostly told in Becca’s POV, but we get Ryan’s POV for the epilogue and see his side of the misunderstanding. Ryan and Becca were best friends when they were growing up. However, in middle school or high school, Ryan got more popular and started making fun of her, or so she thinks. Ryan is a football star and he is intelligent. He is in love w ...more
Ariel
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: this-petty-bitch
Natalie
Jul 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
i.
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately and despite the fantastic reviews the novel had I didn't like it as much as I expected to. It was more for middle schoolers than for young adults and there was one thing missing in the plot that I just couldn't understand: how can it be possible in this age of social media not to know who's dating who or who is into you ; even if you don't post anything there is always a friend or a friend of a friend who posts a picture or a comment . I just couldn't believe how clueless the main ...more
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
The most clueless heroine ever!
This story has so much high school drama and I loved every word of it!
It was awesome! And I've totally fallen for Ryan Jackson.
Laura's Book Addiction
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Erm a second book why did know one tell me???? But moving on I freaking loved FDD and I need FYL now PLEASE!!!!
Michelle [Helen Geek]
February 2017 --

I like YA sometimes. This one bored me though and gave up at 20%

Happy Reading!
Carola
May 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Fucking annoying heroine. So stuck up and douchy. Did not like her at all, can you tell?
Stephanie
1 "I just can't because teenagers are so dumb sometimes/most times/all the time" star
Sonia
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
take every trope ever, make them into a casserole, preheat the oven to 325 degrees, bake the trope casserole for 10-15 min, eat the trope casserole, and you'll know what reading this felt like
Fuck Ryan I could literally give less than -10 fucks about your jealousy/hero complex I don't care that you're in love w this chick I mean
1) you're in high school which is basically the biggest systematic emotional manipulation of young adults so your feelings bout this chick will go bye bye real quick
Melanie
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
3.5 stars. This was another kindle unlimited book and one I'd had on my list a while to read. I think it might be my first tim with the author as well.

This book could have been a 4 star for me. My issue was mostly with Becca. People who have that 'mind set' thing down and are oblivious to anything other than what they think (As how could they be wrong?), well I've known a few like that and they aren't my cup of tea. I liked Ryan, thought Luke and Sal were brilliant and that helped the story too.
Coco.V
Jan 25, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/25/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

She doesn't care that they were best friends for years. She doesn't care that their moms are close and therefore she hears more about him that she'd ever care to know. She doesn't care that their mutual friend, Jake, keeps pushing them all to hang out toge
Cocktails and Books
2.5 Stars

I'm not sure where to start with this book. Becca was not very likable, at all. Even when I should have felt bad for her, she would let some snide comment fly or be so flippant towards one of her friends thatI couldn't understand why anyone bothers.
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na-ya-college
Adding this to my YA Favourites. These two drove me mad in the best possible ya! I wanted to shake them, hug them & be best friends with them all at once. All the bad decisions and regrets that come with coming if age. So great! ...more
Mayra Biggs
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I completely fell in love with this book, Unrequited love from the POV of the one that is loved. Is a fresh approach on friendship and first love. There are so many things going on on their life and how one mistake or one action can change things. Definitely a must read.
New Adult Book Club: Emma Doherty E-Book Giveaway~ CLOSED!! 13 41 Jun 11, 2017 12:45AM

• The Dating Dare
  • Something New
  • Melt My Heart
  • I Hate You More
  • Faking It (Fake Boyfriend Duet Book 1)
  • The Good Girl's Guide to Being Bad
  • The Importance of Getting Revenge
  • Heartbreak Café
  • Challenge Accepted
  • One of the Guys
  • The Wrong Bachelor
  • The Wrong Costar (The Wrong Match Book 2)
  • Keeping Up Appearances
  • Say Anything
  • Kissing the Boy Next Door (Sweet Water High, #3)
  • Girl at Heart
  • Truth or Dare (Bayfield High #1)
  • Falling For My Nemesis: A Sweet YA Romance (Sweet Water High, #6)
Follow me on Instagram @emma.doherty.author