Start by marking “Off Key” as Want to Read:

Off Key

One Agreement. Two friends. Three Rules.

No one gets hurt…

Brandon Kresge has it all. A hot music career. An even hotter body. And tons of adoring fans willing to…yeah. By all appearances his life is perfect. But appearances aren’t always what they seem.

Years of experience have made him skilled at hiding the truth. From the media. From his friends. From his band mates. But a
Published August 5th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Off Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off Key

LeeAnne
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This was an okay read for me, it really got off to a strong start but the ending felt rushed.

Brandon Kresge is the lead singer for a famous rock band, Wreckless Abandon. He’s also a recovering drug addict, he’s only a few months sober when he meets Brynn for the first time. Brynn is a professional dancer who’s trying to get her career off the ground. When she finds out that her new best friends brother is the drummer in her favorite band she tags along in the hopes of meeting the band.
Jazmine Cabrera
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Somethings are better left unsaid, and broken. Others are worth fighting for. It’s those things that add to our lives and create the ups and downs we endure. That is the case with Brynn and Brandon…are those things really worth fighting for or should you just give up?

We meet Brynn Richer, beautiful girl with great dancing skills living in New York . She doesn’t know how beautiful or how much of a wonderful dancer she is because she seems to think her parents are not proud of her. She’s doing all
BookNerdKaley
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am obsessed to say the least. Prepare yourself for an emotional roller coaster ride with this book. CJ Martin was able to write the perfect combination of love, humor, and sadness all in one book.

Brynn Richer is just starting her dance career at a small studio in New York City, living in a shabby apartment, barely making enough money for rent and food. Brandon Kresge already has everything he could need; a band, a tour, money and of course women.

Having a friend who happens to be related to on
Donna Parrott
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brynn is a dancer, no not a stripper but a professional dancer who also teaches dance. She is all things good, she is relatable, loveable, caring, and independent. She is determined to make it work despite what her mother has said. With a chance meeting of Brandon, BK, the lead singer of Wreckless Abandon she didn't anticipate that she would feel strong feelings. She just thought of it as he is a rockstar and she is just aw struck.
Brandon is a rockstar fighting an addiction. He has demons from
Lauren Ryan
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Off Key is a Wreckless Abandon novel by CJ Martin. This story follows dancer, Brynn and lead singer of the hottest band around, Brandon (a.k.a. BK). I learned so much from reading this story. Not only the power of addiction, but the power of a good friends and a good support system.
When we first meet Brynn she agreeing to pretend to be gay, which totally backfires in a big way. She is an aspiring dancer just trying to make enough to continue living in the city she loves. Enters BK, a famous le
Native Honey
Off key by CJ Martin
Five stars

CJ has written an amazing story of friendship, love and angst. This story was hard to put down. I really loved this story. You are so drawn in to the story it's unbelievable.

Brynn Richer is a young beautiful dancer trying to make it big in New York. She is working in a dance studio teaching hoping to make ends meet since moving to New York.

Brandon Kresge is a handsome cocky rock star that has risen from a garage band to a big name. Brandon is a guy that doesn't ca
Dana Hopkins
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Off Key (A Wreckless Abandon Novel) by CJ Martin is an off and on romance between rock star Brandon Kresge and professional dancer Brynn Richer, Brandon doesn't do relationships and unfortunately for Brandon Brynn isn't that kind of girl, but how can Brandon keep away from her when she starts coming around more and more? Brynn and Brandon have a very rocky relationship through out the whole book with Brandon's commitment issues and Brynn wanting a real relationship like any other normal couple. ...more
Le Ann Foster
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
☆☆Reviewed for Hooked On Books ☆ ☆

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

Who doesn't love a book with friends with benefits but that is the only rule that neither of them will fall in love. These two have some heated passion and with each passing day Brynn falls a little more in love with Brandon. Their chemistry is off the charts. From the first meeting you could tell when these two got together it was going to be explosive.

Robin Rankin
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down! I started it one evening and had it finished the next day. I of course had the meeting the rock star fantasy as a teenager and love stories like this. New Romance is becoming one of my favorite genres and this book did not disappoint me in the least.
Brandon “BK” Kresge is the lead singer and guitarist of Wreckless Abandon an up and coming band. After an overdose and stint in rehab Wreckless Abandon is performing again.
Brynn Richer is a young dancer who gets invite
Laura Furuta
Off Key: A Wreckless Abondon Novel

By: CJ Martin

5 out of 5 stars

Off Key by CJ Martin is a romance novel that will sweep you off your feet. It is the story of Brandon, the lead singer the band Wreckless Abandon and in the dreams of every female fan. Brynn is a dancer trying to make her dreams come true. She just can’t seem to get any doors to open for her. Then in a chance meeting backstage at one of Wreckless Abandon’s concerts sparks fly. However, they both agree to just be friends. If that is
Meghan Murphy
4.5 Stars

Off Key by CJ Martín completely blew me away!! It is a standalone novel about a musician-Brandon Kresge, and a dancer-Brynn Richer who meet by chance and sparks fly. An agreement is made but what happens when one, or both, don’t follow the rules?

Brandon Kresge, aka BK, seems to have it all. A successful musician, good looking, and can have any female he wants. From the outside looking in, his life seems perfect. No one knows about the self hatred he feels or the truth behind his father
Penny Stone
FIVE STARS

OFF KEY
AUTHOR: C. J. MARTIN

OFF KEY is the first book in A WRECKLESS ABANDON SERIES by C. J. Martin. Even though it is part of a series, it can very easily be read as a stand alone. This is only the second book she has written, but I feel she is on her way to a successful writing career. My first reaction is "WOW"! This book is amazing! From beginning to end
C. J. Martin captured my attention and kept me wanting more. And, of course, this is my favorite type of book: romance with a happ
Carissa Anelli
5 Stars
Off Key By Cj Martin
This book is every teenage fan girls dream come to life. Brynn a dancer (no not like that) meets and has an instant attraction to Brandon a big time rock star who she met in happenstance. Once Brandon laid eyes on her he could not forget her. Brandon is a recovering addict his band and his sponsor repeatedly tell him to forget her she is off limits but he can’t he sees her everywhere and as much as Brynn would love to forget him she cant.
This isn’t your modern day rom
Michelle Bergeron deroche
Off Key by CJ Martin Book Review
5/5 Stars

Brandon Kresge, a rock star with the whole world at his feet, and every woman of his choice at his beck and call. Life is perfect, or at least that's what he wants the world to think! Past actions haunt his daily life and cause him to do things to try to outrun it. He is always in control of every situation so that he can continue to guard his secret from those he allows in his circle.
Brynn Richer, twenty-three and still not sure she has life all figured
Hooked On Books
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

Brynn is a dancer and living in NYC, when a friend ask if she wants to go to a concert she agrees. It's there she m
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
4 Rock Stars
Title: Off Key
Author: C.J. Martin
Release Date: August 5, 2016
No Cliffhanger/Standalone/HEA

Mini-review:
I binge read Off Key. This friends-to-lovers, heartfelt rock romance, was unputdownable. Off Key was a perfect blend of crazy sexual tension, angst, and drama. The main characters were on key. If you like strong heroines and likable manwhore rock stars, this book is for you. Off Key was the first book I read by this author and not going to be my last. One-click this one!

This review
Mel B.
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful! Spot on!

This trope has been done to death, and yet here in this beautiful book we have a fresh new beat...new life. Brandon and Brynn are two fabulously fleshed out characters. Both suffer from their own demons, yes even Brynn has her demons (can we say severe insecurity). But together they weather the storm, and you can see how the story is playing out...like a trainwreck you can't stop watching, but know you have to get to the end because these two people deserve their happily ever
Amy
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
❤❤❤❤

Good book! Fast paced! Loved Brandon & Brynn.
Friends to FWB to heartache.. Crossing the line is never easy.
He doesn't do commitment and she can't hold her feelings back!
Good story!
BJ
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
I Iove a great rock star read. This book was well written. A friends with benefit story that has you rooting for this couple at the end. I loved the characters Brandon & Brynn along with the guys of Wreckless Abandon.
Alice Malary
Reviewed for Goodreads...
I gave this book 3 stars!

Who doesn't love a book with friends with benefits. It really got off to a strong start but the ending felt rushed.
Bookish Addict
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a good book, well written. Slow read and very predictable, but it was enjoyable.
Kelli
Book Review of Off Key

Author CJ Martin

FIVE STARS!!

Brynn and Brandon two people from different walks of life meet through a mutual friend.  Rules of the group are no one dates family or friends to keep the group from falling apart.  Brynn comes from a small town and is a dancer and instructor of dance. She is just trying to make ends meet so that she can prove to her mother that she isn't wasting her life following her dreams.

Brandon a super hot rock star is going through difficult times.  He is
Jessica Graham
Rate: 5 Stars
Title & Author: Off Key by CJ Martin
Writing: Great
Violence: None
Sex: Some
What started out just helping a friend, and being rewarded with free tickets to a sold out concert. Just turn into a first class, high speed train into new drama, and new relationships. Something that Brynn was not prepare for, nor would want on her plate at the moment.

Brynn is a professional dancer, and when her friend/ coworker asks for her help. All she has to do is play pretend with her, and she will g
Cami Sanchez
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it

CJ Martin

4.5 ****

One Agreement…Two Friends….Three Rules

No one gets hurt.

Off Key is good girl meets bad boy.

Brandon Kresge the head singer for a popular band thinks he has everything he’s ever wanted. He could

have any girl he wants, but not all girls are like most girls. When he thinks he’s got it all figured out and

he’s perfect at hiding the truth of his entire life from the media, from his fans, and from his friends

everything changes. He meets Brynn Richer, the one that almost got away.
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
I received an arc from the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review.
Off Key is the first book i have read by author CJ Martin and i have to say i rather enjoyed it!! I thought the story was told amazingly there were no hangups or confusion which is also a plus.I have to admit the Off Key cover drew me in. I love colorful jaw dropping covers!
Now on to the actual book review.A couple of years ago i was introduced to s.c. stephens thoughtless series. Since then i have been looking for a ro
Misty Ziegler
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*****5 STARS!*****
Off Key by CJ Martin

There are very few books that I would give 5 stars and that I would save in order to read again later, but "Off Key" by CJ Martin is one I'm definitely holding onto. Brandon is the perfect bad boy, not willing to open himself up to anyone, rock star history, with the tattoos and lifestyle you'd expect. Brynn is in New York City following her dreams of being a professional dancer. There was an accidental meeting that through a random chain of events ended wi
Martha
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, Emotional, Frustrating, and Fantastic!!!
C J Martin has given us a rollercoaster ride of emotions! I couldn’t put this book down. It is frustrating at times and I literally yelled at my kindle screaming no, no, no, or yes, yes, yes. I loved it!!
Being the lead for a band gets you anything you could possibly want or need. The drugs, the alcohol, and girls are free flowing. Snorting a few lines every night before going on stage makes Brandon feel euphoric, energetic and ready to please the cro
Holly Marsh
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Off Key by CJ Martin is an outstanding book with a hot rock star with sex appeal that just won’t quit! This is a Wreckless Abandon, standalone novel. Martin brings us characters that are easy to get to know and hard not to like. Two people start off on a rocky note, slowly become friends, and end up in a hot relationship. Readers will not be disappointed with this rockin’ love story!
Brynn is a dancer who is struggling to make it in the city. She works two jobs to make ends meet and still has c
Book Maniac Forever
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: musician, favorites
At first view, Off Key had everything to draw me in: a story about a sexy lead singer in a popular band, a friends-to-lovers relationship and a sexy and gorgeous cover. That’s the reasons I started this read and C.J. Martin had me completely hooked with this awesome novel.

Brynn is a young woman aspiring to make dancing her career, but she’s struggling to see it happens. After being dragged to a concert of Wreckless Abandon by her friend Li, she meets Brandon the sexy singer of the band. Sparks i
Erica
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Brandon Kresge, by all appearances, seems to have it all - lead singer in a band, hot body, any woman he wants. But appearances can be deceiving. To the world he displays a laid-back, care-free, come hither attitude, but behind closed doors, BK is emotionally and psychologically damaged. He keeps his past and his feelings pretty guarded, letting no one, not even his bandmates and closest friends, see the despair and desperation. Until Brynn.

A chance encounter messes with his head and leaves him
« previous 1 3 next »

• Switchy (Suncoast Society, #34)
  • What If (What If, #1)
  • Last Line
  • Confessions of a Fashionista
  • Love, Carry My Bags
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Hush (Fighting Fate, #2)
  • All the Right Things (Love in LA, #2)
  • Ruck Me (Irish Rugby #2)
  • Songbird Freed (Songbird, #3)
  • Underground (Secrets, #2)
  • Night Sins
  • Heartstrings (Rock with You, #1)
  • Wanted
  • Winning Back Ryan
  • Turn the Page
  • Free and Bound (Club Volare, #9)
  • Distorted Love (Dark Intentions, #1)
CJ Martín spends the majority of her days daydreaming, procrastinating, and longing for the day when she can quit her day job and write full time.

She loves all things romance and is a sucker for a happily-ever-after. She also loves traveling, yoga, avocados, and music. She has about a million and one playlists on Spotify that are as random as her personality.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her swe