Start by marking “All the Bridges Burning” as Want to Read:
All the Bridges Burning

All the Bridges Burning

(Davies Groves #1)

Sisters bound by tragedy.

Davis Groves grew up in a volatile environment. With a dead father and an addict mother, Davis learned early to do whatever it took to survive: fight, lie, steal...even sell her body for money to get by. Above all, she knew it was her job to protect her sisters--always.

Now, she's settled into a somewhat normal life away from her family, complete wi
Published July 1st 2016 by Blinking Neon Press

To ask other readers questions about All the Bridges Burning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Bridges Burning

Amanda NEVER MANDY
**I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.**

I leaned hard towards giving this book a two star rating for the amount of times I had to mentally try to go back and figure out who was what character and if I had already read about them or not. And for also all of the times I wanted to smack the main character for making everything about her and her emotional and physically scarring. BUT I did enjoy the basic skeleton structure buried under the character issues so I brought it up
Benoit Lelièvre
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've enjoyed this a lot. ALL THE BRIDGES BURNING is a domestic saga/crime drama with a powerful sense of realism. Davis Groves is a tremendous heroine because she's overcame a lot only to survive and she has to overcome and endure so much hostility and adversity throughout the novel. I'm not the most patient guy with art that celebrates the resilience of human nature, but this is done right. Neliza Drew understands what makes human beings beautiful.

There's a couple issues of a mechanical nature
Bonnie
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Neliza Drew is a new author with her first published work, All the Bridges Burning. The setting is a gun range where she is shooting with Tom, a practice they share once a week. She hits the bull's eye more often then he does. She had once been a champion in competitions with her uncle, who really wasn't her uncle. Davis leads a complicated life with a mother who is psychotic and a sister she left behind in North Carolina when she moved to Arizona for her job. She is settled into a somewhat norm ...more
Josh Stallings
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Neliza Drew's debut novel All the Bridges Burning is a damn fine piece of work. I felt like I'd been kicked in the teeth by a loving friend in combat boots. Bathing my wits I started write this by comparing her protagonist Davis Groves to Ken Bruen's Jack Taylor or even my own Moses McGuire, but that was wrong. Yes Davis lives in a similarly dark world, she is undeniably herself.

Davis has solid steel ovaries. To protect her sisters, she battles curpt and mean hearted peckerwood dragons. Her suit
Joshua Atkins
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-read
Davis Groves is damaged. Mentally and physically, she's been beaten and battered to within an inch of her life time and time again. But when her younger sister is arrested for murder, Davis returns home and puts all of herself on the line once again to try and save her.

Neliza Drew's debut novel will bruise you, it will batter you, and it will make you stand up and ask for more Davis Groves.
Michelle Isler
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kickass female protagonist. It's about time. I loved the energy in this book. I loved how tough Davis Groves was even though you could see that she had a soft spot for her sisters.
After receiving a message from her mother that Davis' little sister was arrested, Davis decides to put her anger aside and go help her family.
I loved the atmosphere in the book. I loved how you felt like you could see Davis struggle with wanting to help her sister yet not deal with the ghosts that her mother brought
Bobby McCue
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars (I will constantly bitch about GR's rating sys)
Davis is a physically & emotionally scarred woman who is a fierce protector of her sisters. She had to had to leave them at a point where she was sure she gave them enough tools to survive the adversity of their mother and the town where they lived. Had she not left, she would be dead. Her youngest sister being thrown in jail and accused of murder shattered that hope.
I love books where the main character battles devastating adversity
Holly West