Start by marking “Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures vol 2” as Want to Read:
Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures vol 2

Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures vol 2

(Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Graphic Novels #2 issues #7-12)

Introducing Anita Blake, vampire hunter extraordinaire. Most people don't even bat an eye at vampires since they've been given equal rights by the Supreme Court. But Anita knows better--she's seen their victims. . . . A serial killer is murdering vampires, however, and now the most powerful vampire in town wants Anita to find the killer.
Hardcover, Graphic Novel, 144 pages
Published August 6th 2008 by Marvel (first published July 23rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter

Start your review of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures vol 2
Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫
Soooo I hadn't realized that there were Anita Blake graphic novels! I am, of course, a pretty avid reader of the series. I have read up to like, book 10 or so. So when I saw these at my local library, I had to give a couple a try, not really being able to tell which books were which number (I was in a hurry). Well, I read this one first and it it not book 1. Well, that's ok. Fortunately I've read the actual books so I pretty much knew what was going on.

The illustrations are pretty good.
Cyndi
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I love the art in these graphic novels! I’ve always been a fan of comic books and Anita Blake so I’m predisposed to like these anyway.
This is the second half of the Guilty Pleasures novel, which I liked. It picks up at a weird party and Anita is undercover. Soon all hell breaks loose and Anita is fighting her way out. (I hate those parties! There was this Tupperware Party once...but that’s another story.) 😊
Natasha
Jul 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Anita Blake is one of my favorite heroines. I've read all LKH's books and especially loved her Anita Blake series. Anita talks the talk, and walks the walk. lol! Like I said in my review of the GUILTY PLEASURES VOLUME 1, I was so stoked to find out LKH had graphic novels. I always want more Anita. I also mentioned how the only thing I found odd about the graphic novels is that the artwork from book to book, sometimes changes. I LOVED the way she was drawn in GP VOL 1 the most. GP VOL 1 and 2 are ...more
Cisz Geverink - Strasters
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
awesome graphic, great story line ♡
Ivy
5 stars

The second comic adaptation of Guilty Pleasures was also very good. Glad that they were able to figure out who was killing the vampires. RIP Phillip and Nikolaos. Wonder how Jean-Claude will do as the new Master. Edward seems very interesting.
Karen
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The graphic novel did a great job of condensing the original novel. The art work is fantastic and gives a total sense of who the characters are. This is all well before Anita had found that monsters come in all varieties, and not just those with fangs and claws. A must have for Anita fans.
K
Jan 25, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to K by: A co-worker who is a fan of the novels
Wordy and boring, full of bodice-ripper dudes with long curly hair and no shirts, flecked with, or standing in pools of, the flattest blood I've ever seen.
Philip
Nov 19, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I earned those points. EARNED them.
Roberta Decenzo
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Someone at work picked this up at a thrift store they work for and gave it to one of my colleagues. They didn’t want it but I saw it and had actually read the Guilty Pleasures novel before. I don’t remember much about the novel but was intrigued to find there were also graphic novel versions of the story so figured I would give it a go. I’m glad I did. This was a good, light read, and it was thoroughly enjoyable. The book is also such a stand alone book that I didn’t know there were other volume ...more
Summertime Readaholic
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am huge Anita Blake fan. I have read and own all the novels and short stories ( that are not in anthologies) for this series.

I have been avoing the comic version of her books because graphic novels are hard for my read. But I've read it and I wish say I like it.

Guilty Pleasures is the first book in the original series. This is volume 2 of the comic version and finished the story well.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Terra
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I thoroughly love seeing what Jean Claude, Anita and company look like. the design on them.has been exactly what I see in my head. even though I've read the story at least five times it is even better with pixtures
Lauren Kozilski
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hopefully the library has the second one!
Denise
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great
Crystal Starr Light
The plot thickens. Anita and Phillip, boy toy from the vampire club, Guilty Pleasures, are at a freak party, where people imitate vampires. But her investigation may be found out. And an almost failed zombie raising has Anita asking a lot of questions.
This novel was a good improvement over the last volume, Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures, Vol. 1 . The art is much better: Anita's hair doesn't threaten to dominate her features, the pouty, doe-eyed looked is much diminished and
Kathy
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter Guilty Pleasures Volume one and two by Laurell K. Hamilton and adaptation from Stacie Ritchie (issues 1-5 and 7-12), Jess Ruffner-Booth (issue 6) illustrated by Ron Lim and Brett Booth. It was a great series that lived up to the name and the idea that it would make for a perfect gift. It was a guilty pleasure that had amazing art and plot.

These two books were a Christmas gift from Miriam. She’s one of the few people who know how much I love graphic novels,
Jody Mena
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Great! Well, it’s Anita Blake, so that alone makes it awesome. But after reading the novel, it was so fascinating to see the characters in action in the graphic novel – especially Jean-Claude (he’s as beautiful as I imagined!). The artwork was very nice, though a little rougher than I expected. On problem with it was that the characters’ facial expressions were a bit hit and miss, and their eye lines were occasionally off – they would be talking to each other but looking off in odd directions, a ...more
Andrea
(This review is both for Volume 1 and Volume 2)

I read Guilty Pleasures many years ago and absolutely loved it. It's the first true adult series that I read and loved - at least until it became more about the sex scenes than the mystery, but that's another story.

These two volumes stick very closely to the novel and is essentially just these artists interpenetration and visualizations of the novel. The artwork is detailed and eye catching, allowing yourself to really be pul
Holly Letson
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
There's one in most every vampire or paranormal series, that lead "creature" that you just absolutely love, no matter how much you know that you should hate them. In this book, that character was Nikolaos, the 1000+ -yr.-old vampire babe that controlled pretty much everything.

Sad thing about Nikolaos is that she could seem to control her very own servant, Zachary. So, all along, Zach was the vampire
Megan
Dec 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
3 to 4 stars. Volume II, the conclusion of Guilty Pleasures. This was a very quick and fun read. Again, it is nice to have a refresher of the little details of what happened in the first book about Anita Blake. What had me disappointed in this one is that of the way through the artist was changed. This was very frustrating as the main animator for the first volume and of this volume was SO much better! Lim is more cartoony. The ONLY good thing about that is that Jean-Claude looks less feminine. He stil ...more
Sarah Rhea Werner
Sep 14, 2011 rated it liked it
The art in this volume (2 of 2) took a bit of a dive -- less complex, as though the artist had grown tired of the work. But I really enjoyed seeing what the characters looked like -- Laurell K. Hamilton is pretty sparse on her character description (providing us only with a hair or eye color per character, and maybe a height), so it was fun to get some differentiation. Even if that differentiation was spread only among supermodels. With disproportionately stilt-like legs.

Anyway, fun
Melliane
Oct 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Firstable, not a good idea to start with the second volume without reading the first one. But it was a really great comic and I liked it. Nikolaos and Bert were so well realized ! It was also nice to see the empty looks of Edward we hear so much about all along the series.

Mon avis complet

Mon avis complet

My english review
Ashley
Dec 19, 2009 rated it liked it
When the first volume of Guilty Pleasures came out, I remember I was so excited! Only after I read it, had I realized it was just mediocre and honestly wasn't worth the commotion. Guilty Pleasures is my favorite book out of the Anita Blake series thus far. It's what started it all and was cram packed with balls-to-the-wall action that made the books such a fun read. I just didn't think this particular novel illustrated it as well as my imagination had. But honestly, I found vol. 2 more interesti ...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
I've really enjoyed reliving this story over these two volumes of graphic novels of the first book in this series. Seeing the images of Phillip at the end made what happened to him even more real for me. I loved seeing the ghouls but I think they were supposed to have a few more human features so you could tell they were human once upon a time. I'm not sure if it's just me but Jean Claude looked more manly than in volume 1 which I liked. Overall, this was a good read.
Matej
May 21, 2015 rated it liked it
This is the second, and last, volume of the Anita Blake Guilty Pleasures story and it collects issues #7-#12 that were originally published in 2008.
The plot was not that original or interesting and even though the ending was anticlimactic, the gore scenes somewhat made up for it.
The art was good, but the coloring was better.
Overall, this is a solid vampire mystery that could easily be skipped even if you are a fan of the genre.
Jane
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is the conclusion to the Guilty Pleasures story and again is beautifully rendered and full of all sorts of twists and turns!

I did not enjoy the second half as much as the first (but this is probably because I read another book in between and perhaps lost a bit of the feel of the story along the way). The graphic novel follows Anita Blake's hunt for the vampire killer as the 1000 year old vampire Nikolaus has requested of her and the killer comes from a surprising source.
Wayland Smith
Dec 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I was curious about the graphic novel adaptations, so I read both parts of the first novel. They are decent reads, and good examples of the series before it became centered on sex to the detriment of about everything else.

The art is a bit odd, in that the faces seem to change in random ways, and the expressions don't really seem to match what's going on at times. I enjoyed this two part collection enough to finish it, but I don't think I'll be tracking down any others.
Theda Black
Aug 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I finally came back to this and finished it. This really makes me long for the early Anita Blake books. Very prettily drawn, especially Phillip, Jean-Claude and Nikolaos (never mind the overload of curls for Anita). Plentiful action, all while keeping a good handle on the characterization of Anita and cohorts.

Phillip still broke my heart. Just like in the novel.
Elizabeth Abney
Jan 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Much like the first collection of Guilty Pleasures comic books. The artwork still isn’t how I picture the characters in my head, but the adaptation is pretty interesting. I doubt I will continue reading the series in graphic novel form though. It just isn’t really my thing.

From my personal collection.
Jan
Jul 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance - Vampire Lovers
Excellent artwork and storyboard scripting!!! I managed to buy the book the day it hit the shelves and read it the minute I got home.

I now plan to put the paperback "Guilty Pleasures" in my TO-READ list. I’ve gotten the feel for Hamilton’s writing and I hope the book has a wee bit more romance in it than the graphic novel did.
Janet
The cover is very similar to the first volume, and I couldn’t remember if I’d already read this. I flipped it open (in front of the Circulation clerk) to look at a page…and there was Anita in all her glory—buck naked in the shower.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Moon Called, Volume 1: Issues #1-4 (Mercy Thompson Graphic Novel)
  • Novels by Laurell K. Hamilton: Cerulean Sins, Skin Trade, Flirt
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • The Vampire Files, Volume 2 (Vampire Files, #4-6)
  • Last Request (Soul Screamers #7.5)
  • Witchblade, Volume 1: Witch Hunt
  • The Arctic Incident: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Dead Is the New Black (Darkheart & Crosse Trilogy #3)
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 4 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #4)
  • Magical Redemption
  • The Dresden Files: Fool Moon, Volume 1
  • Poison Kissed (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #3)
  • Blood Work (The Hollows Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Becoming (Otherworld Stories, #0.09)
  • Vassalord, Volume 4
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: No Future for You (Season 8, Volume 2)
  • Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 3 (The Parasol Protectorate Manga, #3)
Laurell K. Hamilton is one of the leading writers of paranormal fiction. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, Hamilton writes the popular Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels and the Meredith Gentry series. She is also the creator of a bestselling comic book series based on her Anita Blake novels and published by Marvel Comics. Hamilton is a full-time writer and lives in the suburbs of St. Louis ...more

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Graphic Novels (2 books)
  • Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures vol 1