Start by marking “London Belongs to Me” as Want to Read:
London Belongs to Me

London Belongs to Me

(London Belongs to Me #1)

A New City A New Start. Same Old Demons.

Your flight is now boarding! Join Alex Sinclair for a life-changing, trans-Atlantic journey. London Belongs to Me is a coming-of-age story about friendship, following your dreams, and learning when to let go … and when to hang on.

Meet Alex, a recent college graduate from Tallahassee, Florida in love with London, pop culture, and comi
Published October 14th 2016 by Kirkwall Books

To ask other readers questions about London Belongs to Me, please sign up.
Beckie Chalmers Thought Anna and the French Kiss was overrated. Liked this more!
Jacquelyn Middleton Ooh, Liv, that's a good question—and a tough one! In Canada where I live, the rating system for movies varies from province to province, so what might…moreOoh, Liv, that's a good question—and a tough one! In Canada where I live, the rating system for movies varies from province to province, so what might be rated PG (parental guidance) in Quebec, might be a 14A (persons under 14 must be accompanied by an adult) in Ontario. And then the US and UK rating systems are different from Canada as well.

I've been looking at the classifications for Canada, the US and the UK … so here's my guess. Since 'London Belongs to Me' has language (Everyone, really, but especially Lucy), mature themes, suggestive humour, and sex references, I would say in my version of the LBTM film, I would recommend a 14A rating in Ontario/Canada, PG-13 in the US (some material might not be appropriate for children under 13), and either a 12A or 15 in the UK (no one under 15 may see this film in the cinema). But you can see what I mean … each country varies with age and what's appropriate. I'm not a film classification expert, so these suggestions are my best guess. What I might find appropriate for a 14-year-old, someone else might find inappropriate. It's so subjective. In the event that LBTM ever makes it to the big screen, I'll gladly leave these classification decisions to the experts. It's tough! ;)

For reference, the film version of 'Me Before You' was rated PG-13 in the US.

Thanks so much for your question, Liv. :) (less)

Regan
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review on my channel!

This book has buckets of fun! Followed a lovable dorky main character as she struggles to find her place in the world post grad. A very relatable story full or friendship, fun, and even some romance. Highly recommend if you are looking for a great Chick-Lit read this holiday season.
Zoë
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Check out my non-spoiler review video here: https://goo.gl/vtiIXl

This is a fun new adult novel all about self-discovery set in my favorite city, London!

Likes:
- LONDON!
- How relatable the main character, Alex is. She is a reader, a fangirl, an Anglophile, and struggles with anxiety and self-doubt--all things that I can relate to.
- The romance! It grew from friendship to romance very naturally and the love interest is my fave.
- I learned more about the world of playwriting, a field I had never rea
Natasha Polis
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a Heartwarming Story

I enjoyed London Belongs to Me so much! It was super relatable, especially being a fangirl, and such a story for every millennial out there trying to make their mark on the world.
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
dnf 70%

This one isn't for me, unfortunately. I very much enjoyed parts of the story and the characters but I would have loved to have a steadier progression of romance. There seemed to be a lot of emphasis on other things with a lot of "oh my goodness, I can't believe she did that!" moments. Sadly, it wasn't enough to keep me invested in the story, there was just something off about the pacing for me. The writing is good and the banter is enjoyable.
Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Heather
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
3.5

Cute story, wanted a tad bit more romance & grit.
Caitlin Bronson
Nov 20, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fluffy-romance
At one point in “London Belongs to Me,” Jacquelyn Middleton describes a love scene in a play written by one of the characters as “veering towards diabetes inducing.” Well, that gives the love scene a definite edge on “London Belongs to Me,” because this treacly, cliché-ridden book is so firmly in diabetes territory, I actually vomited while reading it. I mean, there’s a chance that could have been actual food poisoning (thanks, Olive Garden!), but I’m placing the blame fully on Ms. Middleton.

I’m
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
➳This book has me officially wanting to go to London once again and noticing the things I never did...

➳The adventures and beautiful descriptions being provided by Jacquelyn are just so beyond beautiful! This is a short review so I can get my hands on London, Can You Wait? as soon as possible. Talking all seriousness though this novel had me on my toes and had me very aware of the little details surrounding each word. I am so glad I got to read it for sure!

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFaceb
Annie
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"I'm no charity case. I belong here."

Synopsis:
Alex couldn't jump on a plane fast enough. Broken from unexpected betrayal, she flees sunny Florida for the Britannia cool of London - home of her favourite TV shows, plays and fangirl heroes. Alex believes London is where she belongs, where she'll heal old wounds, and chase her dream of writing for the theatre. Staying with her British friend Harry with barely a year's rent money in her pocket, the clock is ticking.

WHAT A GREAT BOOK.
It opens up
Louise Wilson
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Alex Sinclair is an aspiring playwright who can't wait to get on a plane and leave Florida behind for London. She believes London is where she truly belongs. This is where her favourite TV programmes and plays are.

She stays with her British friend, Harry, and has just about enough rent money in her possession. She dreams of writing for the theatre but will a wealthy rival threaten

This is a well written debut novel.

I would like to thank NetGalley, Kirkwall Books and the author Jacquelyn Middleto
Laurence R.
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty good, but my copy had a few typos... I still read it in less than a day during my finals week, so that's saying something (although I'm not sure if it says something about the kind of person that I am or the kind of book that this is - maybe both).
Kori (_livelaughread)
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I finished this book today and it was so cute! I immediatey enjoyed it because the friendship between Lucy and Alex started out by fangirling online. I’ve met so many amazing friends through bookstagram that I would kill to live closer to so this was such a fun experience reading about their friendship! It was like my dream life haha.

I also loved the setting being in London. I’ve never traveled internationally so I felt like I got a little taste of it :) and the theatre! I’ve always loved theatr
Sabine
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was such a light and fun read! Exactley what I needed to get out of a reading slump ☺ ...more
Alison
DNF at 36%. There was nothing really wrong with this book, I think it would work well as a film starring a young Miley Cyrus or Amanda Byrne but it was maybe a bit too Cool Britannia, too NA, too predictable for my tastes.

Alex Sinclair flees to London to stay with her English college friend after betrayal at home. Apparently somewhat delicate and prone to anxiety attacks, she is an aspiring playwright. Her friend is engaged to a wealthy (but evil) beautiful girl who shares his flat along with he
JumbleofJargon
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
This might be the perfect book for anglophiles, those who wish to travel or live in England and those not irked by Whovian and Sherlock fandoms. Initially this really excited me because I've never met anyone irl who loves Amy Pond, Tennat, Smith and Cumberbatch. It's obvious Jacquelyn Middleton put a lot of work into her first novel. It's a bit resonant of Sophie Kinsella's novels; so if you like Kinsella and fandoms, you might like the super modern (as in filled with really good, relevant pop c ...more
Peri June
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-challenge
Well, Olivia, karma's a b*tch. So there.
Jessica
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, my-library, e-books
Thank you to NetGalley for sending me an early copy of LONDON BELONGS TO ME.

LONDON BELONGS TO ME is the story of a young aspiring playwright named Alex who moves to London to pursue a career in writing. (She’s also very glad to be getting away from her bitter mother and her cheating ex, but mostly she’s excited to start a new life in her favorite place.) Her dream of living in the U.K. is finally happening. However, her big move doesn’t start easy; her luggages is lost upon arrival, her roommate
Mariana
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-stars
I really enjoyed this book. It was a great Debut and a lovely story. Not only about an outsider finding her place in the world but about life and overcoming challenges. I loved the characters, I want a Lucy and a Freddie for myself, they are amazing friends. And lets not forget about Mark. Keegs is my new crush. Alex was a great character, you can understand her, she feels real. The ending part was my favorite, I like those endings, I needed something like that. I HIGHLY recommend it and I want ...more
Yasmin
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't remember the last time I related to a character as much as I do to Alex Sinclair. She gives me hope, and I love that. I loved the portrayal of what she (and I in myself) see as her shortcomings and how she manages to overcome that. I'm currently trying to start my writing career too, and what happens to Alex is one of my biggest fears, but that ending...that ending gave me the tinglies. Every time I finish read a section of this book, it makes me want to go and write, so thank you for th ...more
Ashley Owens
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
I think my expectations were way too high for this book. Not very good writing, corny as hell, and kind of immature. Read it in a day though, so there's something to be said for that
Nadja
Things I loved:
- Setting of LONDON and its theatreland.

Things I found meh:
- (Descriptive) language
- Main character Alex

Things I didn't like:
- This black and white world. There's exactly one bad character but hey she's the worst of them all and is only one thing: EVIL. That's simply too one-dimensional for me.
- The super unrealisitic ending. (view spoiler)
I could rant and rave much longer.. If I had to desc
Ashley
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Reviewed on: 5171 Miles Book Blog.

As an Anglophile, I knew I had to read London Belongs to Me as soon as I saw Colleen Hoover post a giveaway for this title on Instagram. I love everything about England and was in need of a cheerful bit of Chick-Lit to read after the heavy books I've been hitting lately.  Jacquelyn Middleton hit the ball out of the park with her debut novel. After almost 400 pages, I was still left wanting more.

"I love London. I watch British movies just to see London streets.
Emmy
**2.5**

I was really looking forward to this one. Geeky fangirl in London with an anxiety disorder? All the ingredients for an emotionally relatable story.

Unfortunately, Alex was a bit of a sad-sack. She let everyone walk all over her, never said what she wanted, wallowed in self pity, let herself be manipulated and black-mailed, etc. Instead of being relatable, I just got aggravated waiting for her to nut up even a little bit!

Also, Olivia was just a little too evil and manipulative for an "eve
Alexa
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Closer to a 3.5 stars actually. This story was just the ticket for me this week, as I’ve been craving a fun contemporary with just the right hint of romance! If you want something that weds a coming of age story with a plot that feels straight out of a movie and also has fangirl feels and a touch of romance, well, this would be the story for you!
Elisa
Feb 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
I really, really wanted to love this book, but I just... didn't.

I though that the premise would be appealing enough for me to be excited about reading it, but after a few chapters I couldn't help but thinking it was "a little bit too much" of a cliché.
ضحى الحداد
Apr 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-book, hate-it
What defuq was that ?? it was an eyesore .. most boring story I've read in a while .. nothing really stood out to me through out this trash, the only good thing about it that it was set in London my beloved city .. other than that it was garbage
Katy (Katyslibrary)
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you so much Kirkwall Books and Jacquelyn Middleton for sending me your book for review!  I settled into this cozy read right away and fell in love with all the characters within a few chapters.  I lost myself in London with Alex and her friends and did not want to come back!  An endearing story about self discovery against the odds in a new city, many readers will surely fall in love with Alex and the gang.

An instant connection to the main character of any book always wins me over.  Alex S
Daniela Radcliffe
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book supplied by Regan/Kirkwall Books
Instagram: patronuswinchester

I was able to take some time from the daily hours of studying to read this one. Great decision. It's terrible how much time I can lose from reading just because of uni. Hopefully I'll be able to read the sequel soon enough, because I can't wait to read more about this characters.

A book set in London. Loved it.
I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did. This one is probably the best contemporary book I've read, for man
Meghan
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-college
Ebook provided by: Regan and Kirkwall Books
Instagram: meghandel11

So I’m not really sure how I feel about this book because while I thought it was a cute story and I loved the representation of anxiety, I also had problems with it. The major thing being how naive Alex is, it got to a point where she was just being unrealistic and it drove me crazy. When she firsts arrives in London she says something like, “what happened to the London I’ve seen in movies and TV?” And I’m like “that’s not real! T
Victoria Larsen
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first completed book in the month of May! I meant to finish it in April but that clearly didn’t work out due to college. 😒
London Belongs To Me is my first read by @jaxmiddleton_author. This book was heartfelt and so sweet and I loved everything about it. This is her debut novel and her other books include “London, Can You Wait?” and “Until the last star fades”. I will be getting to those soon if they’re nearly as incredible as this one!! PLEASE check out her books!!
Bethany Clark
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
loved learning about Alex's adventures through London from her horrible shack of a closet (I mean bedroom) to her new love life with this gorgeous Irish actor. Will her career as a writer take off or will in flounder?
She flees a relationship (heartache) from hell in FL and flies across the pond to London to start fresh and be closer to her father.
Her good friend Harry lets her stay with him and his gf and his gf's brother. Not only is his gf the Queen Witch with a capital W but she is making Al
New Adult Book Club: #1149/17 ~ London Belongs to Me by Jacquelyn Middleton 20 45 Jan 07, 2018 05:32PM

• Bonnie of Evidence (Passport to Peril, #8)
  • I See London (International School, #1)
  • The Turning Point
  • Diary of a Rocker's Kid (D.O.R.K. Series, #1)
  • Sideswiped (Off the Map, #2)
  • Without Borders (Wanderlove, #1)
  • A Brit Complicated (Castle Calder #3)
  • Like Falling (Surfacing, #1)
  • Say Yes (Something More, #2)
  • Neverending Beginnings
  • Redesigning Rose
  • The Enlightening (Mackenzie Duncan Series, #2)
  • Thunder Rolls (Rising Storm #8)
  • Twisted Fate (Twisted, #1)
  • Last Christmas
  • Twisted Webs
  • Crosswinds (Rising Storm #3)
  • What No One Tells the Bride: Surviving the Wedding, Sex After the Honeymoon, Second Thoughts, Wedding Cake Freezer Burn, Becoming Your Mother, Screaming about Money, Screaming about In-Laws, Maintaining Your Identity, and Being Blissfully Happy Despite...
Hello! I'm Jacquelyn Middleton, award-winning author of LONDON BELONGS TO ME, LONDON, CAN YOU WAIT? and UNTIL THE LAST STAR FADES.

If I had to sum up my books, I’d say they’re character- and relationship-driven stories about people dealing with the triumphs and disasters we all experience. They’re also love stories for hopeful romantics—I say 'hopeful' because my novels are always full of hope and

London Belongs to Me (2 books)
  • London, Can You Wait?