Start by marking “The Diamond Horse” as Want to Read:
The Diamond Horse

The Diamond Horse

A frozen palace and a sparkling secret – an epic Russian adventure awaits!

Anna Orlov might be the luckiest girl in the world. She is the daughter of a Russian Count and lives in a beautiful snowbound palace that is home to a menagerie of wonderful animals: tigers, wolfhounds and, of course, horses. And she is also the owner of a beautiful heirloom – a diamond necklace with
Published October 6th 2016 by HarperCollinsChildren’sBooks

Start your review of The Diamond Horse
Clare O'Beara
This book is split between two times - Russia of Catherine the Great, and modern Russia. Each tale carries a girl, a horse and a black diamond, the Orlov Diamond. In the main tale our heroine is Anna, daughter of Count Orlov, sister of the young Ivan the Terrible. The problem is mainly isolation. They are stuck out alone in the wild snowy wastes of Russia. There are servants, of course, but at this period the servants are serfs and have to do as they are told.

Anna loves animals, in the absence
Emma_C1
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
When you raise a cub next to foal is hard, but if you have to raise it in the most important kingdom in Russia. That is hard. Even though the young colt is brave and courageous there are many troubles ahead. Such as the other kingdom that is in Russia, they are no great friends. The theme in the book is about the despair of winning and losing, it can be against time or against someone else. The time is running. The water is freezing. It is time to save Russia's Kingdom.
Anne
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stacy Gregg does it again with her new book. I love this faction series (fiction based on truth) and have been hanging out for The Diamond Horse ever since I heard Stacy was off to do research in Russia. With just the right balance of interesting historical fact mixed with adventure and of course horses (although there is a wonderful collection of other animals in the book) this is an enthralling read from start to finish. The added bonus of a modern twist completes the package. This book should ...more
Millie Hodgson
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book is really good
Samantha
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was amazing!!!! I borrowed it from my school library on Friday and finished it on Saturday. I just couldn't put it down!
Mouse
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing about the lives of 2 girls with adventures.
Marie Jonas
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really fun book with lots of info on Russian history and culture. Definitely pick this one up!
Kat
*** I voluntarily reviewed this book, I gained no monetary incentives nor was I specifically requested to review the book, these are my honest ramblings and I hope you enjoy reading them - kat***

I have just finished New Zealand Author Stacey Gregg's latest horse adventure for readers that love horses. Whether you are 10 or 100 if you love horses you will love this book. I loved it... it's not just a child's book. Its an adventure into two young girls and their special horses lives in Russia. .
Elite Group
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The perfect book for horsey girls!

This is a truly beautiful and magical story that takes you on a journey back in time with a young Russian girl called Anna Orlov. She has a true gift with animals, but faces many trials because of this gift. You learn the origins of the famous Orlov Trotter, and also get a glimpse of the modern day Russian Team that sported a beautiful pink Orlov Trotter stallion in its midst!

This wonderful story needs to be part of any horsey girl’s collection!

“Rosie Nyx” (age
Elouise
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book didn't intrigue me as much as the other three books by Stacy Gregg. (Princess and the Foal, Island of lost horses and The girl who rode the wind). However the end captured me and I couldn't put it down. Overall I give this book 4.5 because the ending was amazing. The only let down for me was the start, I just found it a bit boring and dragged on for a while. Although the concept of the two kids views (Anna and Valentina) I thought was a good idea.
Nicole
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another beautiful book by Stacy Gregg. Her love and knowledge of horses has brought an interesting taste to her books. She has managed to capture every bit of emotion and motion that was needed for the book to come alive. Although the ending was kind of confusing, I still enjoyed this book every much. I just love all her books and the horse theme is amazing!!!
Imogen
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Princess
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this is anouther amazing pice of work for stacy gregg i aM IN LOVE WITH THESES BOOKS
Tegan Andrews
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
awesome
Hannah Miller
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had lots of excitement and kept me on my toes!
Margaret Bowe
Jun 29, 2019
Christina Alexander
Jun 06, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Prisoners (Wings of Fire: Winglets #1)
  • The Palomino Pony Steals the Show (The Palomino Pony, #6)
  • The Palomino Pony on Parade (The Palomino Pony, #5)
  • Dragonslayer (Wings of Fire: Legends, #2)
  • Assassin (Wings of Fire: Winglets, #2)
  • The Poison Jungle (Wings of Fire, #13)
  • Deserter (Wings of Fire: Winglets #3)
  • Escaping Peril (Wings of Fire, #8)
  • Darkness of Dragons (Wings of Fire #10)
  • Talons of Power (Wings of Fire, #9)
  • Akarnae (The Medoran Chronicles, #1)
  • Rapunzel's Revenge (Rapunzel's Revenge, #1)
  • For Horse-Crazy Girls Only: Everything You Want to Know About Horses
  • The Baking Cookbook for Teens: 75 Delicious Recipes for Sweet and Savory Treats
  • Ant Farming: How to Start and Grow Your Own Ant Colony
  • The Brightest Night (Wings of Fire, #5)
  • Wild Born (Spirit Animals, #1)
  • Alice-Miranda Holds the Key
As a young girl living in New Zealand Stacy Gregg wanted to be two things when she grew up – a horse rider and a writer. She now considers herself very, very lucky to be both at once!

Becoming a writer was the easy part – all she needed was an exercise book and a pen. Stacy wrote loads of poetry and short stories at school and then became a journalist, writing features for magazines and newspapers

News & Interviews