Start by marking “Every Wild Heart” as Want to Read:
Every Wild Heart

Every Wild Heart

From USA Today bestselling author Meg Donohue comes a mystery, a love story, and a mother-daughter tale about two women on a precarious journey to uncover their true selves.
Published March 14th 2017 by William Morrow Paperbacks

Start your review of Every Wild Heart
Julie
Every Wild Heart by Meg Donahue is a 2017 William Morrow Paperbacks publication.

This book is a quick, very light, easy to read story, that will appeal to readers of contemporary fiction.

Gail Gideon has a wildly popular radio talk show and is in negotiations to segue into the television market as well. She loves music and it brings much pleasure to her life, as does her teenage daughter Nic.

Nic’s passion, however, is not music, but horses. She’s a quiet girl who struggles socially, and battles
Bianca
A short book about Gail Gideon, a famous radio personality, and her fourteen-year-old daughter, Nic.
Told via the alternate povs of the two female protagonists, this was relatively enjoyable, albeit a bit mundane.

My favourite bit was the mother's obsession with music, probably because I'm a middle-aged, music obsessed woman as well (although I'm listening to newer artists, not just the classics). I've been overdoing the concert-going in the past two months - an explanation for my relative lower r
Katie Ziegler (Life Between Words)
3.5 stars. Great beachy, summery, feel-good read.
Laura Rash
While I wouldn't consider this complete fluff it was definitely a light chick lit kinda read. I liked the alternating characters between mother & daughter. And any mom can relate to the teenage trouble years drama. ...more
Deb
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Although I have had How to Eat a Cupcake sitting in my TBR pile for ages, Every Wild Heart is my first book from Meg Donohue, although it will not be my last. It is an easy read, not too heavy, and full of warmth, love and humor. Although there is certainly some drama and a touch of suspense in the mix, it is a mostly feel-good story about the relationship between a single mother (Gail) and her fourteen-year-old daughter (Nic) and the changes that they and their relationship go through after Nic ...more
Jaime
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern-mrs-darcy
1.5 stars - If I want a bad Hallmark movie in book form, this is it. And just like a bad movie, you can fast forward through whole scenes or paragraphs and not miss a thing. I did not like that the main teenage character who was 14!! was dating and sneaking around with an 18-year-old and nobody batted an eye. The random, pointless swear words peppered here and there seemed silly. I cared not at all for the mother and daughter. The head injury and the mysterious stalker were not enough to drive t ...more
Luanne Ollivier
3.5 Meg Donohue's latest novel, Every Wild Heart, has just released.

Gail Gideon, known as G.G., is the host of a successful talk radio show. Her own divorce was the fuel for her nightly advice program. She's also the mom of fourteen year old Nic.

But, not everyone loves Gail's show. There will always be detractors, but one seems to be ramping up into truly dangerous territory. Is it time for a change? And then Nic suffers an horse riding accident and comes out of her coma a changed person.

Donohue
Tricia Leising
This book had a promising premises, popular radio show host mom, horse obsessed daughter, crazy stalker and plenty of mother daughter drama. But it just kind of fell flat for me. Quick, light read but nothing special.
Diane
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
When we used to vacation in Cape Cod, after the kids were put to bed, my husband and I would listen to Delilah After Dark on the radio. People would call into Delilah, tell her a story about a lost love, a current love, anything to do with love, and request a song. It was very soothing to listen to Delilah's voice and drift off to sleep.

Meg Donhue's protagonist in Every Wild Heart, Gail Gideon known as G.G. to her many listeners, hosts a nightly radio talk show (Donohue says that Delilah was an
DJ Sakata
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

Radio, like the internet, offered a cloak of anonymity that suited harassers perfectly; add to that the dark hours of night during which I was on air, and The Gail Gideon Show had proven itself catnip for crazies.

Lila began ferociously stabbing at the kale, farro, and chia seed salad that her dad had packed. She took an enormous bite and chewed quickly, one dangling ribbon of kale twitching at the corner of her mouth. Lila was tiny with keen brown eyes and sharp features; her ste
AK Mama Reads
Another winner for "books to pack on vacation," is a quick to read, heartwarming story that will give you what life so often can not: resolutions to almost all of its problems.
The most surprising thing to me was my connecting more with Nic than with G.G. As a mother I expected the latter to be someone I'd have more in common with, but her world view and tenacious attitude are just so far left of me, where the anxiety and insecurity of her daughter were all too familiar.
I appreciated that the aut
Becky
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I first heard about Every Wild Heart by Meg Donohue from Anne Bogel (Modern Mrs. Darcy and What Should I Read Next? podcast). Ann recommended this book to fans of Kristin Hannah. Yes please! I'm a huge fan of Kristin Hannah's books. While I can see a link to Kristin Hannah, Every Wild Heart is not a tear-jerker like Kristin Hannah's books are.

This is a perfect summer, beachy read. I really connected with the character of Nic. She reminded me a lot of the type of teenager that I was whe
Roxanne Snopek
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story of a mother and daughter navigating the next step in their road together. The descriptions of life as an introverted, anxiety-ridden teen were amazing, sent me back to my own high-school years and that of my daughters. BUT the change that accompanied her recovery was astounding and so full of hope. My favorite part was the horseback riding. Excellent plotting and pacing, great characters, an overall great read!
Roni Loren
Really enjoyed this one. A light, warm read that reminded me of Gilmore Girls. :)
Jessica
This was very so-so for me. Definitely not a must for your beach bag or any summer reading, really. It's not that it was a terrible book - I found it rather innocuous, but boring - so if the description sounds good to you, go for it. But if you're not drawn to it, I'd never point you in it's direction.
Sara
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readin17
Fun summer/beach read via MMD.
Stephanie
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
At its core, Every Wild Heart is the story of a mother and daughter. More character driven than action oriented, I found myself becoming increasingly interested in the two women whom the story centers around.

Gail Gideon is a household name and radio host of The Gail Gideon Show, famous after an on-air rant nine years prior about her husband leaving her went viral. She is brazen and colorful, encouraging and inspiring millions of women nightly on her show. Though fame hasn’t changed her personali
Sara Strand
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah... who doesn't need a good chick lit in their life? We all do from time to time, and Meg Donohue just writes so beautifully you find yourself immersed in the story in no time. I immediately identified with Gail because I have three daughters (and one son) and my oldest is going to be in middle school next year and already I sometimes feel that chasm of teenage angst and the struggle of her wanting to just be a little kid but older than she is. I struggle with making sure I'm guiding her enoug ...more
Katrina Lorfeld
My expectations were not high when I started Every Wild Heart, and I was pleasantly surprised when they were exceeded. It started out feeling a bit like a literary version of the cooking show Chopped - “Here are three elements you need to include in your story, let’s see what you make - a talk radio show, horseback riding, and some high school shenanigans.” By the end I found myself really enjoying this silly concoction. There are certainly unbelievable moments - breaking into a stable at night ...more
Jeanne
Apr 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was attracted by the fact that Delilah, a radio talk show host I had listened to in the past who played love songs on her program, was the inspiration for the book. So was disappointed to discover this is really for young adults, therefore I was not the targeted audience. But to be fair, in this category, it probably deserves 3*s.
Suzanne
Recently read on plane trip...... easy entertaining read, enjoyed more than the previous Donohue books, the large print helps lol.......
Kelli Schue
Nothing super moving or unexpected about this novel - but it was an easy, feel good read that was nice to dive into at the end of a long day to not have to think so hard.
Kirsten Tattersall
Feb 17, 2020 marked it as abandoned
dnf at 30 pages

This just is not my kind of book. I might try a different Meg Donohue book in the future but this one just isn't for me.
Rachael Abrams
2.5 stars. There wasn't anything bad about this book, it was just a little...boring? I think I was expecting more romance but it was mostly a book about a girl and her love for horses with a little intrigue about a stalker thrown in. I also couldn't really relate to G.G. and found her unlikeable at times. I think a young teenage girl might love this book (although there's some strong language in places) but alas, not really for me.
Jeanine
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bright quick read. I enjoyed the characters and I enjoyed the relationship between the mother and daughter. I remember what it felt like when my perfect little girls started to grow up and it just about turned my hair gray. Liked a little romance on the side too.
Bridget
May 26, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Didn't finish or really even start. . .2 f-words on the 2nd page equals no more reading!
Debbie
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I reviewed this for RT Book Reviews be sure to check out my review there
Christine
Nov 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up, 2017
I just couldn’t get into this book at all. Found myself not reading and realized I wasn’t interested or excited by the characters. Quit it before finishing.
Donna Hines
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
You can't tame the wild beast isn't that what they say. You also can't lead a horse to water.
This is a wonderful plot full of twist and turns.
Can you really love someone or something back to normal if they were unloved, abused, or felt unwanted?
Whether a patient with a coma, an abused horse, or a single parent afraid to trust after divorce you can find it all in this novel by Meg.
Sometimes in life we just go with the flow afraid to make a move, create a wave, be the change we wish to see. We s
Laurel-Rain
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Passionate and funny, radio personality Gail Gideon is a true original. Nine years ago when Gail’s husband announced that he wanted a divorce, her ensuing on-air rant propelled her local radio show into the national spotlight. Now, “The Gail Gideon Show” is beloved by millions of single women who tune-in for her advice on the power of self-reinvention. But fame comes at a price. After all, what does a woman who has staked her career on being single do when she finds herself falling in love? And ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Barefoot Gen, Volume Four: Out of the Ashes
  • Mayumi and the Sea of Happiness
  • Keep Me Posted
  • Barefoot Gen, Volume Three: Life After the Bomb
  • The Mangrove Coast (Doc Ford Mystery, #6)
  • Closed For Winter
  • Just an Ordinary Family
  • Sheerwater
  • Girl In Between
  • Reluctantly Charmed
  • 31 Days to Clean - Having a Martha House the Mary Way
  • The Assist: A Gospel-Centered Guide to Glorifying God through Sports
  • Ten Thousand Islands (Doc Ford Mystery #7)
  • This Won't Hurt a Bit: (And Other White Lies): My Education in Medicine and Motherhood
  • I See You
  • The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society
  • The DNA of You and Me
  • More Than Pretty: Doing the Soul Work that Uncovers Your True Beauty
Meg Donohue is the USA Today bestselling author of You, Me, and the Sea, Dog Crazy, All the Summer Girls, and How to Eat a Cupcake. Her novels have been translated into Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, and Turkish. Born and raised in Philadelphia, she lives San Francisco with her husband, three daughters, and dog.