Start by marking “Pete the Cat and the Treasure Map” as Want to Read:
Pete the Cat and the Treasure Map

Pete the Cat and the Treasure Map

(Pete the Cat)

New York Times bestselling author and artist James Dean brings us a fun, epic sea adventure with Captain Pete in Pete the Cat and the Treasure Map! Includes over 30 fun stickers.

When Captain Pete discovers a treasure map, he and his crew are ready to set out and sail the seas to find the buried gold and jewels. But they weren’t expecting to find a giant sea monster along t
Published March 7th 2017 by HarperFestival (first published 2017)

Stephanie  Weatherly
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this Pete the Cat book. I love the messages that are portrayed through the characters' actions, thoughts, & feelings.
Liz Rascon
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book!!!

Easy to understand and to read. My child really enjoyed this pirate story. Can't wait to read another one tomorrow.
Travis Laduke
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 8 year old son enjoyed reading it.

Love all Pete the Cat books. This one is cute too and easy to read for my 8 year old.
Megan
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 4 and 7 year old love these books!

My 4 and 7 year old both love all of these books! They were so excited to see this newest one.
Pablo V
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The school and her ride the boat and her was gone
Savannah Liebsack
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Summary
Pete the Cat is a captain on a pirate ship. His friends join him on an adventure for pirate treasure. They sail the ocean when a sea monster comes. At first, the sea monster seems scary. Pete the Cat plays his guitar and they find out that he is not a scary sea monster, he's actually an awesome sea drummer! The awesome sea drummer helps his new found friends get through the stormy seas. Pete finds the treasure with Grumpy toad whos wants to share his treasure. Pete doesn't forget about hi
Elizabeth Ryder
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book follows the life of a cat named Pete, and his adventures of being a captain at sea. He has friends that are cats and a trusty parrot to keep him company. The crew comes upon a huge octopus and everyone gets scared and comes up with game plan. But, the "sea monster," ends up being very kind despite him looking scary! He loves to dance and hangout with the crew members. They then face a storm and find ways to push through it to get to the island. They then find treasure! For me, the them ...more
Maddie Freguia
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pete the Cat has proven time and time again to be a children's favorite when it comes to reoccurring characters in books. The preschool that I work at reads primarily Pete the Cat stories and the kids, who very young in age, love them! I have also found that Pete has become sort of an icon on his own to young kids because in my practicum classroom right now, whenever something goes wrong or someone makes a mistake, the teacher simply says, "Well, what would Pete the Cat say?' and the whole class ...more
Monsetti Parks
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm going with your family irritates me to get it right?or maybe not only in your I'm on break it would seem to me like that one of his own money from my

I don't think so too late to work out the way home?what are the ones that I don't think you could have had a great way to the wa what time do it in the morning of his own,I have to work out a few it would take the bus 🚌you you have to be the case that is,but it doesn't have the money 💰you I can get the chance of getting back into my head hurts s
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
I think kids aged 4-8 will love this book for different reasons. Kiddos in the younger ages will enjoy hearing this story every night as a bedtime story. The kids that are older will like to team read and then read to you. Every boy loves pirates and some girls, too. This story is about pirate treasure.
Captain and his First Mate Callie get brought a Pirate map by a bird. The map is to Secret Island. They start on their way and see arms coming over the side of the ship. It is a sea monster. Capt
Angie
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
My Review: We have been big Pete the Cat fans and so I picked this book up at the library. I think that Munchkin is finally starting to outgrow at least these picture book ones. He seemed a little bored with it but it was an entertaining story. I did struggle to find the typical Pete the Cat funky jazzy rhythm, it might just be that I am a little out of the groove. With that said it was a fun story and would give little ones ideas on new ways to have fun with friends with imaginative play.
Meg McGregor
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lexi-victoria
Lexi and Victoria, (and me, too!) simply love Pete the Cat!

All of us are always excited when I can get a new one from the library!

This one certainly didn't disappoint! The girls loved the pirate story; Lexi is convinced that Pete and Callie " are in love!"

I loved when Grumpy Toad shared the treasure with Pete and all his friends!

A pirate's life for me - as long as Pete and the gang -- are along for the ride!
Cheryl
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!

This book is amazing because the didn't give up on what they were trying to find. And what they were trying to find was treasure. And they did and they also didnt give up! That's what this book was mostly about. And this was an amazing BOOK because some people give up if they are having a hard time finding what they want they will just give up but, you know what? Let's the cat and his crew didn't! Thanks for listening!
Alexandra
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children
I wasn't too impressed by this one, unfortunately. Forget the fact that I'm not a cat person -- if they were dogs or fish, I wouldn't be any fonder of the story. There was just no direction. It didn't teach anything, and it was haphazard. There was nothing that made me say, "I want to read this to my child again." However, I will say, the illustrations were cute, especially the frog.
Alex
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This novel about Pete the Cat, a popular childrens series. The main reason i chose this book is because of its unique illustration style involving collecting stickers and pasting them into the book; this would be a great introduction to students on how books can have varying styles, but may not be the best choice for a classroom book because the stickers can only be used once.
Vincent McFolley
It would also be used for your family!

It'll take a look for yourself many years old school for you guys doing tonight?
Cereal drive ride on text when they do that again
Cereal drive to work
Cereal and the rest are not only that but you know when your free shipping for this week

Cereal drive ride to work with you guys
Cereal drive 🚗!
sara Roseman
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story and a quick read

It is challenging getting my 8 year old to read different books. This story is easy to read and follow along. It's funny. I read this aloud and added fun voices which made for a good reading experience. I recommend this book for a quick read. It's not very challenging more of a fun story.
Naveenkumar
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple book

I found it as a good book for my 4 year old son. While reading the story, I could tell him additional information on terms used in it,like treasure, island, how difficult it is to face Strom from ship etc.
Ronda Thayer
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved It!

My Granddaughter loves Pete the Cat books! She owns most of them! This was the first time we read one on the Kindle. She says she likes having the book more. So I guess it's off to the Amazon store to buy this book!😂
Natosha
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They were following the map to grumpy toad to his island

Follow map to grumpy toad island it was good rocking and rolling around to find treasure so they sailed to grumpy toad island and he said if you don't share with your friends for treasure
Tami
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-read-hope
Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me. That is the best part. 4 Hope🇺🇸🇨🇭🇻🇳🇻🇳🇻🇳🇻🇳🇺🇾🇺🇦🇹🇲🇹🇰🇹🇰🇹🇯🇹🇯🇹🇴🇹🇨🇺🇿🇺🇾🇹🇳🇻🇺🇼🇫🇲🇽🇲🇨🇲🇿🇳🇱🇲🇪🇲🇿🇲🇵🇲🇲🇲🇪🇳🇫🇲🇪🇳🇺🇳🇫🇲🇬🇱🇹🇱🇹🇲🇬🇲🇳🇱🇧🇲🇹🇲🇬🇱🇺🕕🕑🕤 I liked it just a little bit. And Hope loved the sticker, her 5 stars are skewed
Lynn
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Delightful Pete the Cat Story

Pete the Cat and his band look for buried treasure on an island. A sea monster appears. A cute Pete the Cat story but not the best, still delightful.
Angela
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: elementary-books
Pirate Pete and his crew get a map to the secret island and decide to visit. Things are fine until they encounter a huge sea creature on their way! Pete solves this problem in a way that only Pete the Cat can!
Tamekia Lotfield
Very good book

My son likes the drummer and the friends doing wills. And like that he wants to share with his friends. He enjoyed and so I enjoyed hearing him read and explain it to me.
Steven
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

Pete the cat books are very popular in my household and with preschool classes I’ve worked with. This one doesn’t have a repetitive song but is still a good book for young kids.
Lindsay
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pete the Cat is such a cool cat. Even on a pirate ship he can stay cool. When he meets a sea monster his crew is nervous but he finds that this monster is just looking to play a cool beat. They all make music together and have a great time sharing treasure from Grumpy Toad on secret island.
Charles L. Mott IV
Ahoy Caty.pete and his crew are on a Qwest to find treasure.oh no there is a sea monster.what will they do?

Wow just wow
This author is so creative .but I do feel that this book me more. Mabey more details on the pitcher .But this book is asome
Ganka Lecompte
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Pete the cat book that is out family's favorite

We own several of the Pete the Cat books and this one is easily in our top three favorite. It's funny, witty, and truly enjoyable!
Judy Godar
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

It was a good storyline with good pictures. It will surely get the kids attention.
The down fall is kindle could not read it. So the kids reading age I think 2or 3 grade.
Magykal Jenkins
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great cat tails..er..tales!

We enjoyed this book very much! Aven liked that we could pretend along with the characters. Julian liked the music they played and that they let the monster play with them!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Madeline Says Merci: The Always-Be-Polite Book
  • What Time Is It, Mr. Crocodile?
  • The Bat Scientists
  • The Man Who Loved Libraries: The Story of Andrew Carnegie
  • What's the Time, Mr. Wolf?
  • Mean Soup
  • Join the Resistance (Star Wars: Join the Resistance, #1)
  • My Dog Is Better Than Your Dog (Crimebiters! #1)
  • The Berenstain Bears: Sister Bear Learns to Share
  • Pete the Cat and the New Guy
  • You Are a Lion! And Other Fun Yoga Poses
  • The Mermaid
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #3)
  • A Drop Of Water: A Book of Science and Wonder
  • Los Gatos Black on Halloween
  • I Am Too Absolutely Small for School
  • The Water Princess
  • Mickey and Donald Have a Farm (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)

Pete the Cat (1 - 10 of 48 books)
  • Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes