Start by marking “Payback (Masterminds, #3)” as Want to Read:
Payback (Masterminds, #3)

Payback

(Masterminds #3)

From the master of middle grade, Gordon Korman, comes the final book in the bestselling Masterminds series — about a group of kids who discover they were cloned from the DNA of some of the greatest criminal masterminds in history.

After a serious betrayal from one of their former friends, the clones of Project Osiris are on the run again. Now, separated into pairs, Eli and
Published March 7th 2017 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Payback, please sign up.
Lauren Merrifield There are three books: Masterminds, Criminal Destiny, and Payback

Zyra
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bookishrealm
This was definitely a great conclusion to the trilogy. They are finally able to find out why Osiris was founded, who was responsible, and how many clones there are. These are great books and I'm so glad that I took the time to finish the series. The narrators were excellent. If you haven't read these books check them out now. I will be doing a full review soon!
Violet Sinclair
Sheila Beaumont
In this final installment of Gordon Korman's excellent trilogy about kids who find out they are clones of criminal masterminds and the subjects of a research study called Project Osiris, the story is brought to a satisfying conclusion. This trilogy is so good that I would recommend it not only to middle-graders but also to teens and adults.
Reading is my Escape
Payback it is...

Yes! I finished book 3 in the Masterminds series. This one was just as good as the first two. There is a part in the middle where I was like, wait it seems over but half the book is still left, then the action started again. There were some twists that young readers may not see coming.

There are even more impossible things in this book than the last one, but kids will love it even more because of the crazy, adventurous things the characters do.

This is an enjoyable, thrillin
Jan
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I honestly would have loved for this series to go on for another two or three more books, I was having that much fun with it. What a wild and exciting ride it was. So glad I got to go along on it. I know so many kids who are just crazy about these books, (and some adults too!). It's definitely a series to recommend to middle grade students who love stories with lots of excitement and adventure.
Emu
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, best-of-em-all
This book just made me so happy and now I'm sad it's over 😊😭
Melissa Feyen-carlson
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great end to an entertaining trilogy! I enjoyed the twist and turns of the plot, and the development of interesting characters.
Ms. Yingling
ARC provided by Young Adult Books Central

We left the children of Serenity in several bad situations in Criminal Destiny, (the adventure starts with Masterminds) and we pick up right where we left off. Amber and Malik are trying to escape the Serenity police, and are rushing down rapids, only to end up on the top of a truck speeding down the highway! Tori and Eli are also on the run, and end up finding a bit of comfort at a warehouse full of Girl Scout cookies, some of which they sell to get some
Megan
Great end to the series. My 5th graders loved it!
Connie Chabok
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series!! Payback does not disappoint!
✨Gayatri ✨
Daphne
Thrilling finale to the trilogy, action-packed and genuinely moving. Brilliantly narrated on audio. I'm genuinely going to miss these characters!
Katy
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-kids-books
My son read on ahead of me he loved the book so much. I finished the series on my own. I recommend this adventure for boys or girls ages 10-13, and their parents who enjoy sharing & discussing stories with their kids.
Yusuf
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
good bang to the end of a great series. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END!!!!!!!
Joe Cee
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a book for people who love the author Gordon Korman. This book is the 3rd book in the masterminds series.
Jonathan
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great ending to the Masterminds series. Definitely check this out.
Max Lowe
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
exciting
Jackie
At the end of book #2 Masterminds: Criminal Destiny, the four cloned friends , Eli and Tori, Malek and Amber get separated after betrayal from one of their own. Now, they are attempting to survive while also trying to outwit and escape the inhabitants and community of Serenity, New Mexico, where life was perfect...that is, perfectly twisted in a science-fiction sort of way.

Figuring that they need to get some answers about their beginnings and the DNA that contributed to their existence, they tr
Payton_laforteza
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
My opinon of this book is that I think this book was a good, quick, page-turner book. From start to finish this book has led me on a wild goose chase. Norman did a very good job of putting in jumps of suspense that you couldn't see coming. It has you wondering what comes next. I don't think that their was anytime in the book that I got bored or uninterested. Its a quick read and totally kid friendly. The writing was pretty simple not to complex or had powering words. The weaknesses that the book ...more
Julia
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jtimko
The clones from the Osiris Project have escaped and are now working in pairs to discover who their clone donors really are. Amber and Malik discover that Malik’s donor is an infamous gangster while Eli and Tori are attempting to discover Eli’s donor- a closely guarded secret.
This is the final book in the Mastermind series. The book is filled with action, suspense and mystery. Of the three books in the series, this one is the best. It was hard to turn that last page and realize that the end of
Fiona
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-series
(Got this for free from a Goodreads contest) Surprisingly, Payback was far more amusing to read than I anticipated. It was much better written the the first two books. It seems each book of the MasterMinds series got better. The first book was...boring. VERY boring. Well atleast the end was somewhat okay to read. I'm pretty sure I caught a mistake in there somewhere(in Payback). I was however not completely satisfied with the ending. There was something missing. Overall this book was a good way ...more
Jashan
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling and satisfying conclusion of the Masterminds series.
Aaron
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An exciting series that kids and adults will love.
Heather Camlot
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A trilogy that gets better with each book and an ending that I didn't see coming.
Jennys Bücherkiste
Hier geht's zur Rezension auf meinem Blog.

Rezension:
Kann Spoiler zu den ersten beiden Teilen enthalten!

Der finale Band der Masterminds-Reihe war, abgesehen von einem relativ offensichtlichen Punkt, wieder so spannend, dass ich ihn einfach weggeatmet habe. Ich habe das ganze Buch in einem Rutsch gelesen und nicht einmal daran gedacht, mir Notizen zu machen. Nachdem sich die Handlung im letzten Teil etwas im Kreis drehte, spitzt sie sich in diesem Teil wieder zu, denn es läuft alles der großen Kon
Jodi
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile
I'm terrible at remembering details about books in series while waiting for the next book to come out. Book 2 in this series did a great job recapping book 1, but this book 3 assumed that the reader remembered a lot more. Even after finishing this book 3, I still don't remember some of the details of things it alluded to. This book was still interesting to me because the whole premise of the series is really fun and very creative, and I wasn't totally lost--I remembered a lot of stuff from book ...more
Shannon
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've been reading this series at the urging of my son. My son, who's not a huge fan of taking time to read. He loved this series, and couldn't wait for me to read them all, too. So, first, huge kudos for a great story that pulls in a kid who isn't thrilled to read! This story, and series, is really fun. Some of it may seem a bit unbelievable as an adult, but so fun, nonetheless. Definitely recommended for kids who want adventure stories!
Shashvat
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great finale to the series and it has a happy ending! I can't believe that Eli's "dad", Hammerstrom was finally caught and that Hector finally was their friend again! I am so happy they were able to free the other kids caught up in Project Osiris's cruel experiment! I love this book because it has a happy ending.
  • Other Worlds
  • Black Panther: The Young Prince
  • The Traitors' Gate
  • Sting (Loot #2)
  • It Happened on a Train (Brixton Brothers, #3)
  • The Curse of the Were-Hyena (A Monstertown Mystery)
  • Frenzy
  • Waking the Monsters (Hilo, #4)
  • The Big Dark
  • The Demon's Den (Hardy Boys, #81)
  • The Secret Box (The Secret Box, #1)
  • Edison's Alley (The Accelerati Trilogy, #2)
  • Heart of a Champion
  • William S. and the Great Escape (William S. Bagget, #1)
  • Scar Island
  • Dory Dory Black Sheep
  • The Reckless Rescue (The Explorers #2)
  • The Creature of the Pines (The Unicorn Rescue Society, #1)
Korman wrote his first book, "This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall", when he was 12 years old, for a coach who suddenly found himself teaching 7th grade English. He later took that episode and created a book out of it, as well, in "The Sixth Grade Nickname Game", wherein Mr. Huge was based on that 7th grade teacher.

Korman moved to New York City, where he studied film and film writing. While i

Masterminds (3 books)
  • Masterminds (Masterminds, #1)
  • Criminal Destiny (Masterminds, #2)
“Things are finally starting to go our way,” 0 likes