Start by marking “Shattered Girls (Broken Dolls #2)” as Want to Read:
Shattered Girls (Broken Dolls #2)

Shattered Girls

(Broken Dolls #2)

Ella’s decision to return to her doll form has caused more trouble than she ever thought possible.

Gabby’s a moody teen. The professor is gone. And people are going missing at alarming rates; including Gabby’s parents.

Robotic dolls - eerily similar to Ella - are popping up across the globe and nobody seems too concerned about it. Nobody except for Ella and Gabby.

With onl
Published June 13th 2016 by Curiosity Quills Press

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Girls

Ben Alderson
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series gets better and better by the BOOK!
Tyrolin is an extremely unique and well rounded author. Her writing is captivating and her ability to weave a story is DESIRABLE!

Shattered Girls is the SUSPENSEFUL sequel to a all ready HEART POUNDING series!
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

I read Broken Dolls, the first book in this series, and I really enjoyed it. However, I was a little worried where it would be going from here, as it seemed a rather closed story.

While the story of Shattered Girls is enjoyable as well, I didn't think it completely lived up to the expectations created by the first book. Because that was so original it was a slight disappointment that this more or less followed the normal structure for (
Lizzy
Jul 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: made-me-lol
Well, what to say about this book? It was entertaining but in a few chapters nothing really happened, like I enjoyed this book but I didn't get fully immersed on it :/ which is a little bit dissapointing due to the fact that I looved the first book.
I think the main reason why I didn't enjoyed this book as much as the last one is because of Ella. (view spoiler)
Tyrolin
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Eeeek, Shattered Girls is available for pre-order! :D

Eustacia Tan
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I started reading this, I was really nervous because I loved Broken Dolls (the first book) so much that I didn't know if Shattered Girls could live up to it. While I'm not going to gush as much as I did for Broken Dolls, Shattered Girls is easily a five star book.

After a hope and skip in time, Gabby is now 16 years old, while Ella is still a doll (world famous doll, I might add. There was an incident and now everyone knows about Ella). One day, Gabby's parents disappears, and something is w
Karen Mace
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
I received a copy of this via the publishers, Curiousity Quills, in return for a fair and honest review - thankyou!

I was so pleased to see the second of the Broken Dolls series was due out and I'm even happier now i've read it!! Loved every single second of it and it progresses nicely from the first book as we catch up with Ella the human doll and Gabby 5 years on and dealing with life at school, and teenage angst!

And then people begin disappearing! School classes have less and less pupils in, b
Francesca
Tyrolin Puxty torna con Shattered Girls, seguito del suo romanzo d’esordio, Broken Dolls.

La storia è ambientata cinque anni dopo il precedente e prende avvio dalle conseguenze di Ella di tornare e rimanere nella sua forma di “bambola”.

In questo sequel, la protagonista è principalmente Gabby, poiché il fulcro di tanti avvenimenti è proprio lei e il contesto in cui si muove, anche quando non agisce direttamente.
Gabby ormai è un’adolescente, lunatica e alle prese con i problemi dell’adolescenza, sc
Sissy Lu {Book Savvy Reviews}
I absolutely adored the first book, Broken Dolls, in fact I still recommend this book to anyone interested in a new and freakish idea.

This book doesn't disappoint.

Tyrolin Puxty invites us back to a world in which desperate times calls for desperate measures and old enemies rise to become almost-allies.

The mechanics of this world are clearer than the last book and it is my hope that the next will be even better. This time, it is clear that it is a dystopian era, where the government seeks to co
Lilly
Aug 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i received this free copy for exchange of an honest review
3.5 stars!
To be honest I liked "Broken Dolls" more than "Shattered Girls". The author had managed in the first one to create such mystery that you could cut it with a knife. Eerie atmosphere with quite dark premises, Broken Dolls was one of the good books I've read in the genre. Not that Shattered Girls is not, it is just that I didn't like the turn of events.
PROS:
-It's a decent sequel to the first one.
-It is nice to see Ella realizing
Lauren
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well this book was amazing, I loved it just as much as the first one and Tyrolin Puxtys writing is amazing. There is just something about her writing that pulls you in and just when you think you have got it, nope you are sent down a spiralling path away from what you thought.
I really enjoyed the plot of the story and it kept you wanting to read more to find out just exactly what was going on. The characters were really enjoyable as well throughout the story. In the first book I loved Ella but b
Kristina
This book has an exquisite cover and I was really looking forward to it, but, there were a couple of reasons I ultimately had to bail on it. First, it wasn't listed as YA here on Netgalley (YA isn't really what I read nor what I'm interested in). Secondly, I should've noticed that it was the second in a series (but I didn't), so I was missing a lot of information going into the story and the characters. Unfortunately, this book just wasn't for me. Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for a c ...more
Edward Aubry
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Tyrolin Puxty's Broken Dolls. It struck the perfect balance of being accessible to young readers and creepy AF. The story pulled me in and kept me guessing (and nervous) right to the end. It is borderline horror for children, bold and original.

Shattered Girls picks up some time later, and what was a mystery in the first book, something only a few people were even aware of, has now been unleashed on the world. The dolls are out there. Many, many dolls. And everyone knows about them, but b
Liz
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure: I know the author. She's amazing and I am so lucky to be one of the first people to read Shattered Girls!

It's different from the first book. There are more characters, far more pressing problems and we finally see the outside world. Set 5 years later, we see Lisa, Gabby, Sianne and Ella's growth and their personalities are fleshed out. It's not just about their problems in an attic. Their lives are at stake and their family has been kidnapped.

Tyrolin said she intentionally wro
A. Hunt
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to A. by: Tyrolin Putty
In Shattered Girls, there's a huge conspiracy taking place. One that is using Ella's town as ground zero. I loved how Puxty kept to the mystery of the whole doll story. After the excitement of the first book, I was wondering how book two would play out and I was not disappointed. The story was exciting and kept me interested. It's nothing like you'd imagine- there's no way you can figure what's going or why, other than a plan that mimics "Pinky & the Brain". (hint hint)

Lastly, I want to ta
Mirror
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMFG. OMG. I was SO worried about this book. I didn't think it could top Broken Dolls. But it did. It really effing did. It's more dystopian and action-packed and they are no longer confined to the attic. This is kinda like Broken Dolls gone Hunger Games...without all the violent deaths.

It's actually really hard to explain without spoiling too much but all I can say is....Lisa you rambunctious scamp....it's both a pleasure and an annoyance to see you again.

I still wanted to hear a little more a
Nathan
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Miss Puxty for sending me an ARC of Shattered Girls.

What a ride. I loved Broken Dolls, but this was action-packed, awesomely crazy and hardcore. I'm a little sad the third book is out next year....I hate to think this bizarre little adventure will be coming to an end.

Thoroughly enjoyed.
Suze Lavender
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Ella has left her mortal body behind to spend her life as a doll. She wants to be whole and she's perfectly happy being with Gabby. Gabby is struggling with friendships. She once was seriously ill and she survived, but she's still being seen as unsafe by some. Fortunately she has Ella to keep her company. When people find out about Ella's existence they want to have dolls as well. They are being provided, but where do those dolls actually come from and who's behind making so many of them? Gabby
Clémence
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
First of all, huge send to the author for sending me a copy of her bok in exchange for a honest review! Shattered Girls is the sequel of Broken Dolls by Tyrolin Puxty. It was published in June 2016.

I really enjoyed Broken Dolls, but I think I enjoyed Shattered Girls even more. The first story was well rounded, and I didn’t really know what to expect from this one. It took me by surprise, and I really loved it. This book is so refreshing and original, and it’s full of crazy plot twists: you’ll ne
Elena Linville
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, meh
You can find this review and more on my blog.

I had really loved Broken Dolls, the first book in the series, which I reviewed here, if you are interested. So I picked up Shattered Girls with a certain amount of trepidation. Would it live up to its predecessor? Would it expand the world and manage to weave a compelling story at the same time? Sadly, it failed on both accounts, at least in my opinion…

Shattered Girls takes place about 10 years after the first book. The Professor made his invention p
Seraphia
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-shelf, scifi, ya
***received a copy of this book for free in exchange for my unbiased review of it. The opinions stated are solely my own and no one else's. ***

Shattered Girls by Tyrolin Puxty is the sequel to her first book Broken Dolls. Now this is the first book that I have read in the series and I have to admit that there are spots of where I didn't really understand what all was going on since I had not read the first book so I suggest that if you have not read the first book in this series that you go back
Nay Denise
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
I received a copy for review through the publisher.

Wow...this sequel was amazing. Tyrolin Puxty created such an awesome story that is based off the first novel so well. Broken Dolls was suspenseful thriller for me and it set the tone for what took place in this book.

Ella is back to being a doll and is enjoying her life, but she is starting to realize that staying a doll probably wasn't the best move for her family. Ella is still as bold and talkative as ever, but she is more knowledgeable on thi
Tonja Drecker
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading book one in this series, Broken Dolls, I was looking forward to diving into this one and seeing what happens to the wonderful Ella and her friend Gabby next.

Ella is back in doll state and sticks to Gabby like glue. Gabby, who now is back to regular teenage life, totes Ella along in her book bag to school, although no one is to know that Ella is there. Of course, things don't run smoothly and Ella is soon found out. From there, things get complicated as kids disappear and more amazi
Susan
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ella is a doll. Her friend Gabby is a human who goes to school. She takes Ella with her to school hiding in her bag when one day Ella wants out. Ella convinces Gabby to let her sit on Gabby's shoulder promising not to talk or move, etc. of course, the promise doesn't last long. Gabby has everyone thinking Ella is a robot. Unfortunately, it only adds trouble to Gabby's life. News casters and journalists want to talk to Ella and not Gabby. Upset, Gabby goes home to find her parents missing. Ella a ...more
Kat
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Compared to the first book, Shattered Girls was ALOT more enjoyable. There was more action, less weird horror. It was still creepy to imagine all of the tiny dolls (especially towards the climax) roaming around, but they weren’t locked up in a small, cramped space like the setting of Book 1.

As you’ll see when you read it, the plot is mostly set years after Broken Dolls takes place which allowed for the plot to expand in a different direction. I feel like you don’t necessarily need to have read t
Rebecca Armstrong
After reading the first book I wondered where Puxty was going to lead with her ideas of human consciousness being put into dolls, and I can honestly say I was impressed. Having the company take over the concept to help ‘better’ the world helped push the same ethics questions from the first book, as well as questioning the morality of whether controlling people – even if it’s for a good cause – is good or bad.

Seeing Ella switching from human to doll to human to doll really showed me what it was l
Amanda
Nov 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
How is this a book for middle schoolers?! 2.75 stars

As mentioned previously the morals, first the good:
1) Some semblance of body positivity where Ella allows us to learn that she likes her human body no matter what it looks like or is unable to do.
2) Encouraging children to know when to call for help.
And now the bad (I find these rather twisted):
1) There are parts that suggest a child trying their hardest is not good enough and even when they try as hard as they can, they will be punished for th
Diana
Jul 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an eerie book. In the previous one there was an epidemic, and an inventor named Daniel found the way to transfer consciousness into doll form. His wife, Ella, decides to stay in a doll body rather to return to her human one.
In this book, we find Ella, still a doll, going to school with Gabby, her grandaughter, but sth happens and a video of her on doll form gets released and people think she is some kind of advanced robot. The problem comes when more of this "robots" begin to appear, as the
Alicia
I was captivated and intrigued by the original story line for the first book and eagerly anticipated the sequel which was given to me in exchange for an honest review.

The second book has a very different feel than the first one and some of the magic from the first one is gone in the second because it aligns more with a dystopian feel and seems more tame than the first. It's truly about character development in this one which is why I loved it a little less. The originality of the first one spok
Desmond
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of Shattered Girls from the author for an honest review.

Phew. Didn't expect to finish that in one sitting, but I couldn't bring myself to put Shattered Girls down. If possible, this is better than the first book.

We start off with mixed feelings of the characters from the first book, and we fall in love with Ella all over again once she develops and grows as a character.

Set in a more dystopian world with missing people and illuminati type governmental spies, this book takes a
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Escape from Witchwood Hollow
  • Mer-Charmer (World of Aluvia, #2)
  • Cast in Angelfire (Mage Craft, #1)
  • Ari (To Each His Ghost, #1)
  • After Image (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #7)
  • Bad Bargain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #5)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 9, Volume 2
  • Monstress #4
  • His Forgotten Forever (Bewitch the Dark #3)
  • Artificial (The Kepler Chronicles, #1)
  • Blackout (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
  • Dawn of the Vie (Immortal Aliens, #1)
  • Daysider (Nightsiders #1)
  • Second Sunrise (Lee Nez, #1)
  • One Thing or Your Mother (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #10)
  • The Restoration of Flaws (The Phantom of the Earth, #5)
  • Once Upon a Highland Legend (Guardians of the Stone #1.5)
  • Off Leash (Freelance Familiars, #1)
I'm a Jack, or more accurately, a Tyrolin of all trades.

Broken Dolls, the first in the trilogy, is an award-winning, international #1 bestseller and appeared on Buzzfeed's Top 24 Best SciFi/Fantasy Books of 2015.

I have been in the Top 25 of the Australian Songwriters Association and Top 5 of the Australian Independent Music Awards, was awarded an Australia Day Award for Music in 2014 and for Art

Broken Dolls (3 books)
  • Broken Dolls (Broken Dolls, #1)
  • Fractured World (Broken Dolls #3)