Start by marking “Hooked” as Want to Read:
Hooked

Hooked

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  1,174 Ratings  ·  320 Reviews
From the author of the On the Line and Fire on Ice hockey romance series comes a sultry novel featuring a brooding NHL player who’s hell on skates—and the no-nonsense woman who forces him to clean up his act.

Miranda: Even though I’m broke, putting myself through college, and working two jobs, I’m trying to make the best of it. Meanwhile, Jake Birch, hockey’s hottest bad
Published December 6th 2016 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Hooked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hooked

Taking Shots by Toni AleoTrying to Score by Toni AleoEmpty Net by Toni AleoThe Deal by Elle KennedySee Jane Score by Rachel Gibson
Best Hockey Romance
225 books — 649 voters
It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
665 books — 1,398 voters

More lists with this book...

Dali
Sweet, fun and sexy great elements for a great read.
“When I’m with you, everything else melts away. I don’t obsess about hockey or get irritated by anything. There’s just you, and that gorgeous smile I’m hooked on.”

NHL star Jake Birch’s womanizing ways have caught up him and now he’s being strong-armed into dating the owner’s daughter or face the bench and it couldn’t have happened at a more inconvenient time. After too many years of women throwing themselves at him because of his money an
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
ARC generously offered by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

5 hunky hockey hottie ;) stars

Cocky NHL player meets broken, humble woman. What's new under the sun, right? No, wrong. So, so wrong.
Sure, the blurb may sound cliché, but there's nothing unoriginal or boring about this book.

Let's proceed with order:
Jake Birch: at first, he got me curling my nose because he was being super assholish, and got me: "ahem... am I supposed to fall for him?" But then things changed really fast as we go
NiCoLeTa E.
Nov 28, 2016 NiCoLeTa E. rated it really liked it
***3,75 "Hooked On..." stars***

This is the second book of Brenda Rothert that i have read and sure, it won't be the last....
I enjoyed and this story very much, but to be totally honest with you, there was something that it was bothering me in the story.... Some things were so abrupt and that left me confused at the end...

I needed more explanation and more time for the solutions, i think!!!!
Overall, it was a nice story with great heroes and intriguing plot...
And, hell, there was a cocky, hot ho
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
3.5 "Puck You" Hailey stars

The story centers around Miranda, a housekeeper at a hotel.

and Jake, cocky hot hockey star who becomes attracted to Miranda when she is ahem, servicing his room.

Over time as they are together the chemistry builds

photo tumblr_n3gvfjabf91tx80xgo1_500_zps6a5cfed5.gif

and their relationship blooms.

love photo 500-500-days-of-summer-gif-girl-love-Favimcom-2307501_zps48231aac.gif

But then we have the problem of Jake's relationship with the owner's daughter....

cukoo photo tumblr_m729cseSXs1ql5yr7o1_400_zps52a93663.gif

Hayley doesn't like the word, No.

stalker photo tinaandamy2_zpsa10f397d.gif

This was a quick, enjoyable read, a little predictable and cheesy at times but also some nice surprises in ther
Cristina -♕CristiinaReads♕-
Thank you to Brenda Rothert for the ARC, kindly provided by Loveswept Publishing for an honest review

Hooked by Brenda Rothert is such a sweet, endearing, and romantic story that captivates the reader with its character development and its dramatic love story. This story, featuring Jake and Miranda as the protagonists, hit the new adult shelves this upcoming holidays; December 6th!

Like your every-so-often sports story, this one had me hooked! HA HA! Get it? Hooked? Yeah, I know I'm not funny. Wh
Michelle
Oct 06, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
I was introduced to the writing of Brenda Rothert through her co-authorship of Dirty Work with Chelle Bliss, and when I saw that she had a new book and that it was a sports romance, I was in.

Is it strange that I love hockey romances but have never seen a game? I can’t be the only one.

Hooked is the Cinderella story of down and out woman who is working two jobs to put herself through college and her Prince Charming, team captain and womanizer, Jake.

While his apartment is undergoing construction,
Karen Mc ~ *Bookalicious Babes Blog*
"Every once in a while, in the middle of our ordinary lives, love gives us a fairy tale.”

For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved fairy tales--from Cinderella to Beauty in the Beast to modern romances that feel like fairy tales. They are magical and mesmerizing, as they transport me to a wonderful fantasy world that sometimes feels very raw and real. Hooked by Brenda Rothert is a heated and heartfelt hockey romance, a fairy tale full of feels. Oh did my FEELS FLY SKY HIGH!!!

Hooked hypnotized me
Irene
Dec 18, 2016 Irene rated it it was amazing

I loved Hooked by Brenda Rothert!

Sometimes you pick up a book and it's the perfect read for that moment, for me Hooked was that book.
I loved the storyline, it entertained me and I loved the characters Jake and Miranda. They were likable, relatable and I found myself connecting with them both.
I enjoyed watching their relationship develop, they made me laugh, they made me swoon, they frustrated me a little and then they made my heart swoon all over again.

description
I'm still smiling while I write t
Viollar Nasaba
ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest Review.

This was a fast- sweet read. One that you read after you have read so many dark books and would like to get a mind-cleanse. The story guarantees a sexy alpha, a tough heroine and HEA.. there is also a little humor too.

You certainly can't go wrong with this book.
Carrie
Dec 06, 2016 Carrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Miranda is an incredibly hard working busy woman that doesn't find the time to date since she works two full time jobs and is putting herself through school. While working her job as a maid at a high end hotel Miranda finds herself extremely irritated when she meets hockey's hottest bad boy, Jake Birch, in one of the suites while she's cleaning. However after finding herself telling Jake off with his numerous requests instead of getting her fired he asks for her to become his personal housekeepe ...more
Beatrice Masaluñga
Dec 04, 2016 Beatrice Masaluñga rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, new-adult
I received an ARC from Loveswept via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

It takes a lot for Miranda Carr to balance between studying in College and working two jobs as a hotel housekeeper by day and a bartender at night at the same time. Despite financially struggling, she's optimistic and industrious. She dreams to have a luxurious life and she'll not stop working until she reach her goal. Having a relationship isn't her priority .. at the moment.

Jake Birch is a rich, famous, cocky, and
Amy
Dec 06, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
“You’re like….this freight train of amazing that just came flying toward me out of nowhere.”

“When I’m with you, everything else just melts away. I don’t obsess over hockey or get irritated by anything. There’s just you, and that gorgeous smile I’m hooked on. I think I could have fun with you anywhere.”

Hooked is told from dual points of view and follows the story of Jake and Miranda. Jake and Miranda couldn’t be more opposite. Miranda has had to struggle to make the most out of her life. She’s fi
Alison
A solid four puck-tastic stars.

This is the first book I have read by Brenda Rothert. Told from alternate viewpoints it is the story of Miranda, a young, poor, hard-working girl who balances working as a maid in a swanky Chicago hotel with being a bar-tender AND studying.

Jake is an egotistical hockey player who happens to be living in the hotel where Miranda is a maid. When the two of them run into each other in his hotel room Miranda is not impressed by his demand that she replace the litre bott
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Loved this story! Miranda and Jake start out with a love/hate relationship and it turns into sooooo much more. I liked that Miranda and no idea really who Jake was. She wasn't after his money or fame. She wasn't after him even other than to admire his good looks. Jake has other ideas though. Miranda intrigues him. Man, that guy is a class A a$$ to everyone and Miranda doesn't put up with his bad behavior. I loved the slow burn and friendship building that happened in the story. It makes the HEA ...more
Kimberly
Sep 26, 2016 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! If you love hockey/sports romance books then this one is for you :) This is my first book from this author and I read it in one sitting, which means I loved it and could not put it down. I love when I can get lost in a book like that, I will be looking up others by her as well.
Tami
Sep 13, 2016 Tami rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rothert
This review is based on an ARC received from the author and/or the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

4.5

This was an extremely enjoyable read for me. I am definitely looking at a new favorite author. This is a standalone contemporary romance that does not end in one of those hideous cliffhangers. There isn't much of a reunion flair from past novels in the series to detract from the quality of this book for those of us who didn't get to read the rest either. If you are read
CandaceReads
Dec 13, 2016 CandaceReads rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
*ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

My Review in a Nutshell:

Hooked is like Maid in Manhattan, but better! Except they’re in Chicago; and Jake is a hot hockey player, not a politician. So maybe not exactly like Maid in Manhattan, but quite similar in the sense of a rich hunky guy attempting to sweep a strong, independent, and struggling woman off her feet in fairy tale fashion. Swoon.

What’s It All About?

Miranda lives in a shoddy Chicago apartment; working tw
Taylor B
Sep 14, 2016 Taylor B rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by Netgalley.

You really can never go wrong with reading a Brenda Rothert novel. She is at the top of my auto-buy list and every book she writes just gets better and better. I think I would add Hooked up there with my list of favorites from Brenda Rothert, including Drive and Now and Again. Her books are just feel-good books and they always get me out of a book funk, even if I am re-reading one.

Hooked was a super entertaining and sweet read. While there wasn't much drama in this bo
Karrington Butler
Sep 17, 2016 Karrington Butler rated it it was amazing
I love a good hockey romance. This did not disappoint.
Juliana
Dec 06, 2016 Juliana rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed a gifted copy of this book (given by the Netgalley)...

I loved this book! I loved the banter and chemistry between Miranda and Jake. The story flowed really well and the book moved at a good pace. This book had heartbreak, crazy groupies, laughter and love. I wish I had a Jake, he was so swoon worthy and tried so hard to be better for Miranda.
Diane Lynch
Nov 28, 2016 Diane Lynch rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hockey-romance, ebook
Brenda Rothert scored with HOOKED. NHL hockey star and team captain, Jake Birch, is not used to people saying no to him. Then he meets Miranda Carr the beautiful and feisty house keeper at the hotel he is staying at while his condo is being renovated. She tells him how it is and treats him like she would anyone else. It’s appealing. Unfortunately, he needs to stay away from her because he is being coerced into dating his team owner’s daughter, whom he can’t stand. This contemporary sports romanc ...more
BethyMac
Dec 07, 2016 BethyMac rated it really liked it
Fabulous 4.5 hot hockey hunk stars

I first fell in love with Brenda Rothert when I picked up Bound to read and review. I fell in love with her first hockey hunk, Ryker, and every hockey hunk she has written since him. I really not sure what it is I love the most about her hot hockey players but there is just something about each one of them that make me fall in love with them every time I meet a new one.
Jake is the Captain of NHL team for Chicago. He`s known to be a womanizer but all that changes
Ash P Reads
Dec 06, 2016 Ash P Reads rated it really liked it
Bad boy hockey player Jake Birch has met his match in Miranda. She is a housekeeper in the hotel that Jake is temporarily renting a penthouse in. From the get go, she calls him out at every turn and won't take any of his douchebaggery.

Jake realizes that he enjoys her directness. In fact he even looks forward to her visits every morning. And she doesn't make it easy for him. He genuinely needs to work hard for once to earn her favor. He's definitely hooked on her.

But his earlier indiscretions a
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading ™
Jake's story and journey were so powerful
A few tears leading to a layered happy and a hero so much stronger for the woman in his life
Oh and the epilogue was wow!!! Warm and fuzzy on so many levels
Loved Jake's story
His backstory was so powerful; readers will feel such a range of emotions as it unfolds
Ariella
This is an ARC book

I thought this book was very cute. It had all of the elements of the classic romance.

However, from the synopsis - I was expecting a little more sass and witty banter from the main the two characters. It was very mellow and insta-love. It was still a good quick read that makes me want to continue learning about the other players on the hockey team - or even Miranda's sister :)
Oct 12, 2016 Laura rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. Miranda is a hotel maid and Jake is a professional hockey player. Miranda is Jakes maid at the hotel that he's staying in. Miranda doesn't have time for a relationship because she's so busy with multiple jobs and going to school. Jake is not the relationship kind of guy. They meet and she's immediately attracted to him but at the same time reminds herself that he's not good for her also she thinks he's not attracted to her. He on the other hand wants her but n ...more
NotSuitable4Work
Sep 30, 2016 NotSuitable4Work rated it really liked it
Shelves: nsfw-reviews
When I first started reading this, I immediately got "Maid in Manhattan" vibes! You have a maid who falls for the occupant of one of her rooms, only Jake is a hockey player, Miranda isn't looking for a promotion nor is she a single mother from the Bronx. Ok, maybe it's not exactly like Maid in Manhattan but it's still a very good read. Miranda isn't impressed by Jake; in fact, she calls him an asshole the first time they meet for not calling the stripper he slept with back to explain that he was ...more
Liz
Sep 26, 2016 Liz rated it it was ok
This copy was provided by the author in exchange of an honest review. Thank you NetGalley!

I really want to start with this: THE COVER IS FREAKIN' PHENOMENAL.
Seriously. It's perfect. I'm in love with it.
Unfortunately, like i seem to be in the last cases as well, i will be in the minority and give this book 2 stars.

For me, Jake was just a brat. Yes. A brat. Wanting everyone at his comand, caring just about his well being, yelling when it wasn't the case, unaccepting that one could make the mistak
Heather andrews
Oct 13, 2016 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Jake is obviously one cocky man, “I’m not into that, either. I won’t hurt you. I don’t need anything but my mouth, hands and ***k to get you off.” I loved this book, I loved Jake he was attentive to Miranda and Miranda didn't let him get away with crap.
Terry
Dec 13, 2016 Terry rated it really liked it
4 1/2 s! It was just a pleasure to read this book. Jake is a spoiled, arrogant hockey player with an attitude ... but you can't help love him because it's just a front for the misery he's in. Miranda is a poor girl that works 2 jobs while going to school to better herself ... but she's got sass and doesn't take shit from anyone. They meet when Jake is staying at a hotel (while his apartment is being renovated) and Miranda is his maid. I was laughing so hard at the part where she was cleaning his ...more
Brenda Rothert is the author of twenty Contemporary Romance novels. You can learn more about her books at her website, www.brendarothert.com, which features teasers, excerpts and trailers for her books. Follow her here:

Twitter: http://goo.gl/wYVa6E

Pinterest: http://goo.gl/tYSU3n

Website: http://brendarothert.com/

Goodreads: http://goo.gl/k2ueHQ

Amazon: http://goo.gl/47Va5y

B&N: http://goo.gl/
More about Brenda Rothert...