Start by marking “One of the Boys (New Jersey, Americana, #30)” as Want to Read:
One of the Boys (New Jersey, Americana, #30)

One of the Boys

(Americana #30)

"I don't like him and I never will."

Petra's words concerning Dane Kingston proved mistaken as time passed. For he could both enrage and arouse her by turns.

Petra had worked hard to achieve the equality she had with the male cameramen. Even if Dane was the show's producer, he had no right to destroy her relationship with the crew.

But she still couldn't resist his rugged att
Published December 1980 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about One of the Boys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One of the Boys

Start your review of One of the Boys (New Jersey, Americana, #30)
Sandra
Heroine Petra (Pet) Wallis works with a group of male cameramen. She is the only female camerawoman so she tries extra hard to fit in with them. Their new job is working with hero Dane Kingston who is producing a TV variety special which is showcasing a sexy singer (Ruby Gale). Tensions flare between Pet and Dane. Dane thinks Pet is flirting with the men and that she can't do the job. But Pet proves him wrong and that she is just as good as the men. Pet and Dane are also attracted to each other. ...more
Chitra *CJ*
"One of the Boys" is the story of Petra and Dane.

Our h is a hard working camera woman, who has struggled to make a name for herself amongst an industry dominated by men. When her project leads her to the H's set, who is a demanding and ruthless director, they get off on the wrong start. He constantly reminds her that she's a woman, while she fights to be one of the men. As sparks fly between the two, his ex and current heroine interferes. Is his courtship born out of pity, or newfound love?

Very
Debby Wentink
Jan 15, 2021 rated it did not like it
The h is a camera woman and the H is the director of a show. His former mistress is the star of the television show they are recording.

What I find unforgivable from the H is that when his former mistress gets a tantrum and publically humiliates the h, he chooses to give in to his former mistress and just leaves the h embarassed.

He says he did that because there were only 20 minutes until the show started and without his former mistress the show couldn’t go on because she was the star of the sh
Sabrina Bellesbach
You have got to be kidding me. You asshole, I can not forgive Dane's actions, especially, after this line "If I thought she was irreplaceable, I would argue with you. So don't think that you've upset me" Assuring Ruby, after one of her tantrums, about Pet. He could of said that differently.

You scumbag! Petra may forgive you,but I sure as hell will not. I don't care if it was an act, it seemed like an awful convincing show he was putting on. How romantic he deleted the tapes in the end, costing
Booked
It's the battle of the sexes. It has such a witty entertaining kind chemistry that makes you crave for their banter. She is charming and it would just make sense that he would be the broding kind.

RomLibrary
Petra, one of the few females on the show’s crew, works hard to be treated equally to the male cameramen. Dane is the show’s producer, but he has no right to destroy her relationship with everyone else at work, something he sometimes does. Even though he might cause trouble, Petra cannot ignore Dane’s rugged attractiveness, his magnetic presence, or his well-publicized affair with the show’s star, Ruby Gale—an affair that fills her with jealousy and makes her want Dane more and more.
Judy
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book for the first time as a young teen because my mom collected everything by this author. I held some nostalgic memories because I remembered the heroine being successful in a man's job at the time. Rereading it 30-some years later I have some different views. First of all, the heroine smokes. This did not bother me in the early 80's because everyone around me smoked, but now it does. The second thing that impacted me on this read was how much times have actually changed regarding ...more
MissKitty
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Super dated. The h is a cameraman on a TV set Nd there are a lot of references to equality of the sexes and her need to be accepted as "One of the boys".
It started out well enough showing her to be feisty and how she stood up for herself to her boss (Hero) since he seemed to be expecting much more from her then the other crew members.
Then suddenly in the middle of the book she turns into a pushover every time he kisses her. I wanted to yell "have some self respect!!"
I also hated that the H was
Jen

• The Billionaire's Captive Bride
  • Spirit Of Atlantis
  • Wedding On Demand - Pinangan Yang Tertunda
  • The Rich Man's Love Child
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme

Americana (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Dangerous Masquerade (Alabama #1, Americana)
  • Northern Magic (Alaska, Americana, #2)
  • Sonora Sundown (Arizona, Americana, #3)
  • Valley of the Vapours (Arkansas, Americana, #4)
  • Fire and Ice
  • After The Storm
  • Difficult Decision (Connecticut,  Americana, #7)
  • The Matchmakers (Delaware,  Americana, #8)
  • Southern Nights  (Florida,  Americana, #9)
  • Night of the Cotillion (Georgia, Americana, #10)