Start by marking “Lisa and the Lacemaker - The Graphic Novel” as Want to Read:
Lisa and the Lacemaker - The Graphic Novel

Lisa and the Lacemaker - The Graphic Novel

When Lisa discovers a hidden door to an abandoned hut in her friend's backyard, her imagination runs wild with thoughts of the stories it could hold. But strange sounds and faces in the shadows give Lisa the feeling that there is more to the hut than meets the eye, especially when Great Aunt Hannah tells her about one of its previous inhabitants - the mysterious Lacemaker. ...more
Published April 21st 2017 by Jessica Kingsley Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Lisa and the Lacemaker - The Graphic Novel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lisa and the Lacemaker - The Graphic Novel

Krista Regester
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I think that the personal view on Asperger Syndrome is explained so well - but the art lacks something for me.
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yes, there is a light mystery here, and yes, it is kind of cool but the best part of this book is Lisa, who has Asperger Syndrome, which is a form of Autism. To me, she seems, as her great aunt says, just like she was, but now they have a name for it. I'm sure I feel the way Lisa does, not wanting to be around other people, and seeing things differently than everyone else.

"I think differently from others. and I sometimes don't understand people too well. Especially at parties."

Quite like Lisa, a
Wayne McCoy
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
'Lisa and the Lacemaker' by Kathy Hoopmann with illustrations by Mike Medaglia is a comic book with a mystery. It will also subtly teach you about Asperger's as you learn about the main character.

Lisa doesn't like parties, but her mom makes her go to her grandmother's party. She ends up outside and meets an aunt who also doesn't like parties. On her way home from the party, she visits her friend Ben and while she is there, she finds an abandoned house on the property. Little does she know, but t
Justin
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book, for free, in exchange for an honest review.

This is a well written way to explain Asperger Syndrome to a child.
It is also an enjoyable story that encourages us to realize we are all different and that those differences make life interesting. This book also encourages imagination which is good for children of all ages.Lastly, it is an enjoyable story to read to a younger child.

It was with the last purpose in mind that I read this book. It was good for this purpose although t
Lianne - Literary Diversions
Lisa and the Lacemaker is the story of one little girl with Asperger’s, one Great Aunt with nothing to lose in her old age, and a ghost who’d like to find something very precious.

I wasn’t sure what to expect from this volume as it was previously published as part of a larger collection called The Asperger Adventures and so I wasn’t sure if it would be much to sink my teeth into as a separate volume. How wrong I was! This one is such a charming little graphic novel that it was impossible not to i
Erin
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I find these pretty delightful. The characters have Aspberger's, yes, but it's just a behavioral trait they have and not anything that is necessarily centralized to the story. They're also not portrayed as "extra"ordinary because of this syndrome. Just typical kids.
Lauren
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So fun! I'll have to try the text version and the other story.
CT
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Simple story good for bedtime reading. It may not hold the interest of the typical middle grade reader. My two kids finished reading the novel in one sitting, but weren’t too ecstatic about their feedback, although they did comment the quality of the graphics.

Review copy provided by NetGalley.
Charlotte
Emily
Dec 30, 2017
Theediscerning
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Despite starting very much like an Asperger's 101 where not one but every differential the syndrome might possibly cause is given to us in the broadest of strokes, this book works inasmuch as it just about makes the positive aspects of the situation all become relevant to an interesting plot. Lisa therefore has to shrug off not so much society's non-acceptance of her, but also the writer's requirements to be PC, and almost by accident gets involved in a suitably dramatic and heart-warming story ...more
Samantha