Start by marking “The Silent Blade” as Want to Read:
The Silent Blade

The Silent Blade

Dromiskin, Ireland. 925 A.D.

Eira has no greater desire than to see her life returned to what it once wasbefore her older brother Kevin's sudden disappearance four years earlier. But the simple life she hoped for seems unattainable; on the contrary, her life is about to get all the more complicated.
When she suddenly finds herself and Willem, her twin brother, taken captive
Paperback, 194
Published July 22nd 2016 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Silent Blade, please sign up.

Start your review of The Silent Blade
Elaina
I loved this book so much!! Its probably even a new favorite of mine now! ^_^ The characters can have a huge impact on if I like a story or notat least the majority of the timebut I LOVED them all in this book! I dont think there is any way I could choose a favorite! Kevin, Eira, Stace, Willem, and Casimir--I just love all of them! Another thing I liked about this book was the characters namesthey sounded so cool to me!

Kevin was a character that I very much enjoyed reading about, even though
Faith
I feel like I should start out this book review by saying that, up until last summer, I had a dislike for stories with medieval settings. Quite honestly, I hadn't tried many books set in that time period, because the storylines usually didn't appeal to me. I had unfairly categorized all fiction with a medieval setting as the 'princess in distress rescued by handsome knight' type of thing. Which was wrong in itself, but I'm getting sidetracked here.

So when I found out that Jesseca had a medieval
Gabriellyn
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
To read my full review go to:

Victoria Minks
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Firstly... I liked the book overall. Especially with these points:

1. The main men characters were all sweet in some way and I just really liked that. Willem, Casimir, and Stace were such nice fellows. ;)
2. The way the title was tied in at the end had me going "Oooh, nice..." and as I'm not very clever all the times with titles myself it was fun to read one that was worked in so well.
3. There were plenty of unique names, and that's always a plus for me. ;)
4. The beginning
Mikayla
When I saw an open invitation to advance read for this book I was super excited. I had followed the authors blog for a while and already loved her writing style. This was even better than I expected.
I fell in love with the characters, and I loved seeing them progress
The main girl captured my heart very quickly into the book. Shes an ordinary girl who struggles with ordinary problems which make her very relatable. Shes not gifted in many things girls are supposed to be, like cooking and dancing
Rebekah Duncan
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
I really enjoyed this book. I have a love for medieval stories and am actually going to write my own very soon. The action scenes were awesome, especially the sword fighting ones:) I loved the relationships spread throughout the book. I always like when there are close brother/sister ties, and the romance was very light and sweet. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone. It was an enjoyable book!

-I received this book in exchange for an honest review-
Deborah O'Carroll
3.5 stars! :)

(Review also posted on The Road of a Writer: https://deborahocarroll.wordpress.com...)

I don't read much historical fiction, but I love Ireland and this book sounded intriguing, so I decided to give it a go. I'm glad I did! I wish I'd read it when I was younger because I have a feeling I would have ADORED it then... As it was, I still enjoyed it rather. :)

I loved most of the characters! They were a definite highlight. :) Kevin, the older brother, was so nice and cool. Willem, the
Els

Dromiskin, Ireland. 925 A.D.

When she suddenly finds herself and Willem, her twin brother, taken captive by someone who claims to be Kevins enemy, things go from bad to worse. It soon becomes clear that she and Willem are to
Deborah
Another superb story by Jesseca Wheaton that will grab your heart and seize your mind. I was thoroughly fascinated by the characters in this medieval tale of honor, love and jealousy. Old acquaintances out to get revenge, a swordsman trying to move on with life and a simple family following their Savior. A truly thrilling adventure for the whole family!
Kate Willis
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
FTC DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of this book. A positive review was not required. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.

I loved the Irish setting of this story, especially all the gorgeous names. All of the male characters were awesome (especially Willem and Stace!!!) except when (view spoiler) My favorite part was actually the romantic side plot which is unusual for me, though I didnt appreciate the
Willowy Whisper
I immensely enjoyed this book! I was riveted nearly from the beginning, and found myself thinking of the story a lot (wondering what was going to happen next).
Wonderful, endearing characters that were easy to love and understand. Lots of action! Lots of plot twists and surprises! The story kept a quick-paced, nice flow, and the medieval time-setting was perfect.
I was also thankful the story was clean and Christ-like. Praise God for authors who give Him glory!
The title, also, was very
Jessica
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book surprised me in a very good way. I've been getting really bogged down in books lately, and I thought this one would be the same, with its medieval names and dramas. So it wasn't until I was stuck without anything to read except this that I began.. and I wouldn't have stopped until it was finished, except apparently late nights are not good for me.

The medieval 'names and dramas' didn't slow me down at all. The action kept me reading, and I liked the characters. I liked how each
Rebekah Morris
Jul 17, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a delightful afternoon read. There was excitement, adventure, light moments, a small dash of romance and engaging dialog. Though I don't usually read many fiction books that take place in the middle ages, I'm glad I read this one. When I first began reading I thought it would be another book where the girl saves the day and preforms daring acts that no man would or could do, but I was happily disappointed. I enjoyed the characters, and some of the descriptions were charming! There were ...more
Hailey Rose
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Silent Blade surprised me. It was my first experience with this author, and I must say Im already looking forward to more. While this book was not perfect, there were so many great things about it.

Plot/Storyline: 4/5
It was a little unrealistic at times, yet I was drawn along. No problems holding my interest.

Characters: 4/5
While likable, there was room for some character development. I loved all the guy characters, by the way. They are awesome. :)

Writing: 4/5
Sometimes it was a little choppy
Brianne
*Received a free copy in exchange for an honest review*

This novel is set in 925 A.D. in Ireland (I'd like to go there someday), and is mainly focused on one family. Eira and her family are caught in a cause and effect scenario due to something that happened in the past. The actions in the book escalate quickly into an action packed book. As pages fly by, the reader is able to learn what happened to bring the family into the mess that they're in. Lots of action, some light romance, great
Lydia Therese
This was an amazing book - I loved it!! Review to come. :)
Amanda Tero
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When a trade ship docks at Dromiskin, Eira can't help but notice that the men on board act nothing like normal tradesmen. Willem, her twin, shares her suspicions, but not soon enough. Captured together to be used against Eira and Willem's older brother, the twins are thrown into the middle of a heated battle.

An exciting tale of danger, vengeance, deception, sword-fights, trust and forgiveness. The story flow was smooth and never weighed down. The plot line kept my mind wandering back to it,
Jack Fernard
Everyone should have a little sister like Eira : ) Just the right amount of niceness, while still being able to drag all of the guys into a whole heap of trouble!

Kudos to Jesseca for this debut novel!
R.
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved her characters, the lessons she incorporated. She created a vivid setting that I loved (especially since it was Ireland).
There was nothing bad with the mechanics, but it wasn't outstanding.
I really enjoyed this book.
J.C.
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book. Brilliant title. Brilliant everything!

Some favorite quotes and my responses

How I do friendships:
Eira twisted her hair around her finger I miss her. Eira, you saw her yesterday, Willem reminded.

That moment that makes me go, YASS!
Eira, if one of us do get injured or even killed, its not God taking us from you. We are His to begin with.

(view spoiler)
Rebekah
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-by-friends

The Characters:

For me, characters always play a big part in how much a given story is liked by me. :) And in "The Silent Blade", Jesseca does a fabulous job creating loveable (while still believably human) characters...and her villains...*shudders*. A few of my favorites include her main character Eira (after all, who doesn't love a girl who can't dance to save her life but can swordfight along with the best of 'em?), Eira's brother Willem (funny, loveable, and kind to all whether enemy or
Chaya & Cinnamon
I really enjoyed this great adventure! :) I'm always looking for books set in Israel and Ireland - this one is in Ireland. The siblings, friends, and allies are all likable. The action and adventure is great! The faith of the characters is real and shown by their actions, not just spoken of. I love that Eira, the main character, is an expert swordswoman and is nice and doesn't have a bad attitude toward males. That is super important to me. The love of the siblings is very relatable and cool. ...more
Kellyn Roth
Although I don't usually read novels set in medieval times, I made an exception for The Silent Blade after hearing great things about it from the beta-readers. I'm glad I did; it was a very good book! I liked it a lot more than I thought I would, and there were times when I definitely didn't want to put it down, even to eat. Unfortunately, my mother does not look favorably upon reading at the table. :D

Click to read the rest of the review!

~Kellyn Roth, Reveries Reviews
serena482*
The Silent Blade was a very good read, and i really liked it. The main characters is Eira, and Kevin and Casimer. Eira lives a good life with her family, and sword fighting, but everything that she knew is turned upside down when her and Kevin are captured by a man seeking revenge on her brother who left years ago. Will they escape? What will happen to their brother? Find out by reading The Silent Blade. :) It was a little confusing in parts and stuff but after a while i got it all. There is a ...more
Abigayle Claire
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: purchase
An original, adventurous story about family loyalty and eroded friendships. While I was not able to wholly relate to the main character, she was all the more unpredictable because she was not like me. The setting and the atmosphere of the entire novel was beautiful. I was privileged to critique this book and was drawn in by the action, suspense, and themes Jesseca's story held even while in its drafting stages. As a finished novel, it can only be all the better.
Tashawna
3-3.5 stars

The Silent Blade is a story set in Ireland during the 900's. One evening, twins Willem and Eira are captured by enemies of their older brother Kevin and their lives take a course they hadn't planned. Soon they find themselves in the midst of conflict between Kevin and his long endured enemy, Merek.

A story of jealousy, revenge, forgiveness, and love.

Here are some of my thoughts on The Silent Blade! :)

Jesseca wove some good lessons in this story. These were on forgiveness and
Blessing Counter
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where oh where to start?! The Silent Blade was amazing, and its definitely on my re-read list! Most of the characters were well-developed and easy to relate to, and I caught myself having a mini movie in my head of what I was reading. (After I read the book, I went to Jessecas blog and looked up pretty much every post she had ever done on The Silent Blade, specifically the character spotlights, just to solidify the pictures in my mind ;))

The relationships throughout the book were also great,
Olivia
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young teens
I already thought this book was published, so I was excited when I found out it was about to be published and I would be able to read it for review!

This is a hard book for me to rate. I can't say I disliked it and it was hard to stop reading once I got started. The beginning can be a bit confusing, but all the questions are answered shortly into the book.

There were a lot of characters, many minor ones, that I got a little confused with. Also, I felt that a lot of the characters acted and
Molly
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great book! I really enjoy the way Jesseca writes!

The characters were amazing! Eira, Casimir, Willem, Kevin, and Stace- just to name a few. :)
I liked how Eira learned to use the sword, and was actually really good at it. It added a nice twist to the story. The suspense and twists in the storyline kept me guessing. It was fascinating to read more about Dromiskin, Ireland.

I really appreciated the faith theme: dealing with jealousy. If it is left alone to fester in your soul, it can lead
Angie Thompson
This book had a number of very sweet characters that I liked a lot, and the concept was quite interesting. I had no idea the setting was a real place in Ireland until I read the author's note in the back. Very cool!

Pieces of the plot and characterization did feel a bit rushed or underdeveloped to me, and there were parts, especially in the backstory, that I didn't understand and could have used more explanation on. Just a little bit more time in the story might have been helpful; with so many
Jesseca is a daughter, sister, and a child of God. Her days are spent reading, cooking, spending time with siblings, or playing piano. And writing, of course! At an early age words fascinated her, and her love for the printed page has only grown. She lives with her parents and seven siblings in the sunny state of Kansas, and shes convinced theres no place like home. ...more

News & Interviews

“Win or lose the battle, you're on the winning side because you know the Lord." ~ Rowen” 19 likes
“One person can do quite a lot." ~ Kevin” 8 likes