Start by marking “Forever Until Tomorrow (War Eternal, #5)” as Want to Read:
Forever Until Tomorrow (War Eternal, #5)

Forever Until Tomorrow

(War Eternal #5)

A war lost...
A civilization in ruins...
A spark of hope among the wreckage...

The war is over. The war has just begun. Major Katherine Asher of the newly founded United Earth Alliance knows nothing about the apocalyptic war of a past future. She’s scheduled to pilot the newly christened Dove, Earth’s first starship, in her maiden voyage. But when a terrorist attack leaves
Published June 10th 2016 by Quirky Algorithms (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Forever Until Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Until Tomorrow

Gareth
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science, space, adventure
A good addition but different

To fit in with the series thus book had to happen, however I didn't enjoy it as much as the others as it was not set in space. Mitchell goes forward in time to the past (yeah!) Therefore everything is set in a more recent timeline (in the future) if you don't understand this then go back to book one!

Because of this I didn't enjoy it as much. Don't get me wrong, the book itself is brilliant and well written but it doesn't follow the earlier ones. That aside it is very
Jesse Deleon
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow,what a ending.

Thank you M.R. Forbes for another excellent book. The series has me hooked and happy for it. Still a fan.
Charles Daniel
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Next Up, The Launching of The Goliath!

This Novel is not quite as unexpected in its plot as the previous one in the series, but still manages a twist in the final chapter that was delicious in its own devious manner. Mr. Forbes has proven to be quite good at such plot reversals, twists, and turns. Reading his novels is feeling like a mental game of Twister as I attempt (and fail as often as not) to predict the story's plot. In short: He's good!
Jim Kratzok
A good continuation of the series

Recursion through time is at the heart of this story but there are certain things that have just aren't explained very well. Watson is the eternal bogeyman showing up in the least expected places. But how he manages that is not clear, in my opinion. Otherwise it fills in a bunch of other details that were discussed but never explained in prior volumes of the series. Wonder what's coming next!
Noodle TheNaughtyNightOwl
8/10: Excellent read, well written, fell right into the fictional world created.

“You have forever until tomorrow, but not forever until the end.”

Not quite as good as the last one, mainly because it was all on Earth and I missed the spaceships.

But still a fantastic story. I’m looking forward to the next & hoping we’re back in space again.

Love the plot twists.
john marsh
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not as good as the previous ones

Disappointed with this book. Not nearly as good as the first batch. Also disappointed in the editing. (One of my pet peeves) . Several wrong words and mistakes. Didn't have those in the first batch. Still a fan of Forbes work.
Ruth M. Williams
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AND IT is already starting now

That is right, they are already working to get ATs to be working soon. I gave this book a 5 rating because anything less would be a lie.
Blossom378
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read.

Still to PC for my taste but a good story never the less. Complicated but he is a good writer. Worth the times
Randy Hall
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Predictable? Then you need to read.

When history repeats itself, your know what is coming. When you are sure you know what is coming, it will be what you don't expect.
Larry Ginn
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best.

Of all the books in this series, I believe this one was the best. . The desperation of everyone was so tangible, you felt everything they did.
Igor
Aug 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
Stop an [book series] by giving it a problem it can't solve

The sheer amount of silver bullets used throughout the War Eternal series is astounding. Their perpetual usage, replacing any actual plot twists, has culminated in Forever Until Tomorrow.

Fundamentally, Forever Until Tomorrow is a silver bullet. Meant to remove the questions posed by previous books, as well as to solve protagonists dilettantism and ignorance. Introduced, by intrinsically flawed premise of time as eternal loop.

Instead of i
David P. Duffy
Jun 25, 2016 rated it liked it
The AI-Humanity-Time Traveling War Continued

Book 5, "Forever Until Tomorrow," continues the "War Eternal," Saga.

"Forever Until Tomorrow," is not truly a "stand alone" novel. Readers who have not read the prior books of the saga, will be at a loss. There are too many plot twists and turns that go unexplained, to enjoy Book 5.

The basic storyline involves future humanity fighting each other in interstellar space, as well as an AI species. In order to defeat the AI's, an alliance of humans, with th
Jesse Fort
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Complete the circle

Time flows in a circle, and eventually you have to start over. BANG! We go back to before the beginning, when it was just flashbacks. The Xeno-1 has crashed. It's time to start over, and a new path to defeating Watson and the Tetron has begun, but Watson somehow has an early start and is manipulating the events to his favor. Will he change events that will affect the future? Read on and find out.

Good editing, mistake here and there. Well written, good pace, and the best part o
David
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Keeps getting better

To be honest, I don't think the writing is is up there with some of the greats. There's often too many "she said, he said" in the back and forth that can be distracting, but I can also say that I've seen the writing style ,astute greatly over the past few books.
As for the story. It started kind of simply but also has matured into a real page turner. I appreciate the planning that has gone into the story ark. Over all. Very well done and enjoyable.
Noah Mehl
Aug 15, 2016 rated it liked it
More wolf the same....

This book just continues in the same meandering way as those that preceded it. Logic vs emotion, lightly veiled as introspection of the single dimensional characters. That being said, an entertaining read none the less
John Hobkinson
Jan 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
The book before this was really strong but the author wrote himself into a corner and so did a complete about face with no indication that the series was going this way and it has led a good series becoming really boring
Chris
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another solid entry.

Another solid entry in the war eternal saga. All the twists and turns through time makes me want to go back to the beginning again.
Morris Cox
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Needs a proofreader

The book (and the entire series) is great. However, it seems the author didn't have anyone read it before publishing it.
John
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Great continuation of the story. Now I wait for the next book... Recommend the series.
Richard Greer
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another good book in the series.

M. R . Forbes kept my interest in his series through five books. Getting ready to read the sixth book. Enjoy.
Tom Stokes
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting read

Enjoyed the premise very much. Gives a new perspective of time and the promise of time travel. Will read the series.
Matthew
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Locked myself away for the day and finished the book. Hands down best in the series of an already 5 star series.
Chuck Goebel
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good read, anticlimactic end

I've enjoyed the books in this series, however, I found this to be the weakest of the five books. I'm hoping the follow-up has better closure.
Hill Terra
Mar 11, 2018
Christopher Bowman
Dec 03, 2016
  • Into the Dream
  • The Divining (Sapient Salvation #3)
  • Unchained: a science fiction romance adventure
  • Icon
  • Gilgamesh: A New Rendering in English Verse
  • The Human Factor (Omega Force, #8)
  • Behind Enemy Lines (Empire of Bones Saga, #7)
  • Eternal Frontier (Eternal Frontier, #1)
  • Odysseus Ascendant (Odyssey One #7)
  • Glastonbury: The Novel of Christian England
  • The Abolition of Man & The Great Divorce
  • Neptune's War (Earth Dawning, #3)
M.R. Forbes lives in the pacific northwest with his wife, a cat who thinks she's a dog, and a dog who thinks she's a cat. He eats way too many cookies and donuts.

War Eternal (7 books)
  • Starship Eternal (War Eternal, #1)
  • The End of Liberty (War Eternal, #2)
  • The Knife's Edge (War Eternal, #3)
  • Point of Origin (War Eternal, #4)
  • Eternal Return (War Eternal, #6)
  • The Edge of Infinity (War Eternal #7)