Start by marking “Starship Scorpion (The Galactic Wars, #1)” as Want to Read:
Starship Scorpion (The Galactic Wars, #1)

Starship Scorpion

(The Galactic Wars #1)

One aging destroyer must battle an entire alien armada to save mankind.

Captain Slade is a hero of the first Verge War. But with no sign of the enemy for 25 years, the Joint Planetary Operations Command decides to decommission the old destroyers. But when Slade senses an impending attack, she defies orders to return to base, and JPOC sends a lone assassin to terminate her
Published June 10th 2016

Start your review of Starship Scorpion (The Galactic Wars, #1)
Michael Pang
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Promising. Quick read and fast moving. The book was so short I get the sense we've only scratched the surface. Looking forward to book 2 to see where the author takes us.
C.M. Rutherford
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For those who like a great space saga this is the book for you. Tripp Ellis has brought a entertaining world to life in the first book of "The Galactic Wars". I ripped through this book in no time. The action was fast paced and the characters were interesting and engaging. This is a great read for sci-fi fans.
Mick Bird
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ali interesting read

I have enjoyed reading the first book to what I think will be a interesting series. Looking forward to seeing what happens in the next book. The people of New Earth will need to prepare for the coming war.
M.D.
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
A legendary captain goes rogue and takes her ship into the unknown, while an assassin is dispatched to stop her.
Not a bad setup and pretty solid execution, Starship Scorpion opens a lot of doors for Ellis' Galactic Wars series. The story reads quickly, but the conflicts along the way don't feel as involved or difficult as they could be. The writing balances a fine line between exhibition and action, with info dumps sprinkled throughout that lightly explain the technology while keeping the story
S
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting

The storyline here is pretty interesting. The interplay between old line warriors and new battle hardened veterans was difficult. Add that to the oncoming aliens called the verge and you have an interesting interplay between species. Species that are very closely related to each other with the aliens being the more intelligent. The next book in the series should be interesting as the war part two continues.
John Maynard
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
It was ok

The book was ok, some of the drama seemed contrived. The ending romance was very forced and made little sense. The characters at times acted out of character. The capt would not have surrendered the second time.
Dwayne O Auernheimer
Good concept but only fair writing

Interesting concept mated by mediocre execution. Writing is a bit subpar and could use professional proofreading. Conversations are stilted and do not reflect how "real" people speak. Tries too hard with the "lingo".
Jack Stanley
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rollicking Good Tale

A first class adventure! I'm going to read the whole catelogue. Vivid images and engaging characters. A fun - fast and totally enjoyable read!
Chris Page
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read, good sci-fi story.
Tom
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
This is a great beginning to so much more when you follow the other books in the series.
Alexander Collas
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a light and incredibly fast enjoyable read.
Mr Geoffrey Hopkins
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pure escapism

Having just rediscovered my interest in Sci Fi I found the book really gripping, can't wait for the next one.
John Morgan
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Hooked at the very first page then all the way to the end can not wait to carry on the series keep them coming
David P. Duffy
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Treehouse Level SciFi Done Poorly

"Starship Scorpion-The Galactic Wars Book 1," is barely readable SciFi, teetering on the brink of juvenile, treehouse level schlock.

The basic storyline: future humanity, after Earth's unexplained inhabitability, having colonized a contested area of star systems, has become complacent during the 25 years following a devastating war with the Verge (religious zealot humanoids), and accepting of the war's truce as peace. A heroine of the original Verge War, commands
Aug 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Glenn W. Russell
Aug 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Learn to spell!

Except for the spelling, and an apparent ignorance of the fact that there is not enough oxygen in space to make tracers work with solid rounds, and that such battles as occur in space are at distances which would make tracers useless, it was an enjoyable little space opera.
Joseph Grant
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not bad but I have read better.

There was to much left out from the start of the storyline. Thing's were dropped off at the start of the book and then it was a rush to get to an ending. Leaving a lot of wanting left in the area of character development when you reach the end of the story. I may try another but only on a night when I am really bored.
Ali Azam
Dec 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Good Story, weak characters.

The story is nicely written. There are lots of added details at the start of the book but as the book progresses the story has less details and it becomes a faster read. But it happens at the expense of good story telling. This with coupled with few plot mistakes makes me give 3 stars.
Dale A Roberts
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well written, and a storyline that keeps you interested

I was very impressed with the writing of this book. The story is very well presented, and I for one am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. I don't write reviews very often, but thought highly enough of this author to hopefully get more readers interested in this series. Get this!
John Yanders
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lots of action!

Let me introduce you to Captain Slade...she is tough, decisive and always makes the right tactical decisions--until her son is threatened. See what happens when she is put into one impossible situation after another and the fate of humanity is at stake.
Sheila Woods
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book!

This is a fast paced science fiction book that doesn't overdo the technology. Sometimes you just want to read something with believable people in it! I would like to read/ more in/ this/ series!
Ray Carter
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ellis hits another homer!

I've read two of Tripp Ellis books now, albeit in reverse order. They are fast moving, action packed, space operas. Read and enjoy!
richard a rishell
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved it

As you said it is a great read and well worth the investment of time. I hope you the author will write a another book continuing the saga.
Michael Nault
Edward J. McGowan
Apr 26, 2018
Ian
May 27, 2018

• Pride of Barbados (Coastal Fury Book 2)
  • Ad Astra (Adventures of the Starship Satori #1)
  • Search for the Lost (The Originator Wars, #2)
  • Jump Point: Kestrel Class Saga Book 2
  • Lucky Break (Lucky John Adventures Book 1)
  • Predator in the Keys: A Logan Dodge Adventure (Florida Keys Adventure Series #7)
  • The Lost Starship (Lost Starship, #1)
  • Ashes of War (Satori's War #1)
  • Gravity Flux: Kestrel Class Saga Book 3
  • Rolling Thunder (Coastal Fury Book 1)
  • Gnosis: Legacy War Book 1
  • Behemoth (Rise of Mankind #1)
  • Conflict Unending (The Originator Wars, #3)
  • Starship Alexander (Hive Invasion Book 1)
  • Darkest Hour: Liberation War Book 1
  • The Last War (The Last War, #1)
  • Artifact (Rise of Mankind #6)
  • COASTAL CONSPIRACY: Coastal Adventure Novel Number 1 (Coastal Adventure Series)

The Galactic Wars (7 books)
  • Starship Desolation (The Galactic Wars, #2)
  • Starship Revenant (The Galactic Wars, #3)
  • Starship Guardian (The Galactic Wars, #4)
  • Starship Valor (The Galactic Wars, #5)
  • Starship Insurgent (The Galactic Wars, #6)
  • Starship Exodus (The Galactic Wars, #7)