Start by marking “I Ink, Therefore I Am: A Critical Analysis From A Criminological Perspective” as Want to Read:
I Ink, Therefore I Am: A Critical Analysis From A Criminological Perspective

I Ink, Therefore I Am: A Critical Analysis From A Criminological Perspective

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  2 reviews
"The word 'tattoo' comes from the Samoan word tatau, which means 'open wound', and so tattoos are defined as a 'self-inflicted wound' (McCarron 2008). They are a permanent mark made on the skin, and have been associated with both sailors and criminals for many decades, as well as the lower class (Fletcher 1971)."

The purpose of this dissertation is to identify the negative
Published June 1st 2016 by LAP Lambert Academic Publishing

To ask other readers questions about I Ink, Therefore I Am, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Ink, Therefore I Am

Karen Maitland
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating study. It raises many questions about discrimination and why some tattoos are regarded as positive and others as threatening, not simply because of the type of tattoo but where it is on the body. The book raises some really thought provoking points such as employers' perceptions of whether or not a tattoo will be a barrier to being able to carry out certain jobs.
Ethan
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting and informative read on the subject field. Offers great insight into tattoo culture and how other cultures view.
Amy
Nov 11, 2017
Vikki Patis
Jun 11, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
C.A.
Tm
Jan 17, 2018
Angela Saver
Nov 29, 2018
Vikki Patis is an author and blogger, as well as an avid reader and book reviewer. When she isn’t working as a Regulatory & Compliance Manager, she can usually be found drinking tea, baking cakes, or taking walks in the Hertfordshire countryside. She lives with her partner and two cats.