Start by marking “The Hardest Fall” as Want to Read:
The Hardest Fall

The Hardest Fall

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  9,407 Ratings  ·  838 Reviews
The first time you meet someone, you make eye contact. You smile, say hello. Should be simple, if you’re anyone but me. The first time I met Dylan Reed, I found myself making eye contact with a different part of his body. You see, I’m very good at being shy, not to mention extremely well-versed in rambling nonsense and, unfortunately, rather highly skilled at making a fool ...more
Published April 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Hardest Fall, please sign up.
Ella Maise Unfortunately no :( The Hardest Fall is a complete standalone and for now I don't have plans to write the stories of the secondary characters. Maybe…moreUnfortunately no :( The Hardest Fall is a complete standalone and for now I don't have plans to write the stories of the secondary characters. Maybe in the future? A big maybe. My next novel, Marriage For One will be a complete standalone too.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
My Pink Fairytales If you really want a spoiler, let me know, but you should enjoy the ride. :)

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳A slow-burn college romance in which the word “masterpiece” is not enough to describe such creative ways of making a reader swoon over both characters in which fate has separated, & brought together for a final story plot...

➳When it comes down to slow-burn, angsty romance— this girl is not the biggest fan of them. Now, there are a few times where there are exceptions that I encounter upon and end up absolutely devouring said novel and just fall to my knees with adoration. Ella Maise is th
Christy
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!!!

photo IMG_1667_zpsbrfy5krr.png

The Hardest Fall was my first book by Ella Maise, and I have to say, I'm impressed! I'll definitely be checking out more of this author's work! I have been craving a good NA read lately, and this one really hit the spot for me.

Dylan and Zoe have the funniest and quite possibly the most awkward first meeting. They are college students and after that meet, it's a while before they run into each other again. When they do, it's apparent that neither one has forgotten the other. They'v
Ella Maise
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
🏈🔥The Hardest Fall is NOW LIVE!🔥🏈
"Why would my eyes look for you in a crowd when I didn't even know your name?"

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2qEjqPh
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2H73lf7
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2qDs0O8
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2J49pRY

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

This is the strangest thing, but I think you're going to be my best friend, Zoe Clarke."

Oh Ella, how I've missed your words! If you know me, you know I'm a sucker for the slow-burn. I'm pleased to announce that I got that with this book, and I got it in spades. The Hardest Fall is a sweet, slow-burn friends-to-lovers romance that hit me in all the right places. There's a touch of mystery and angst added into the mix that makes this fun romance even more addicting.

I
NMmomof4
3.75 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a cute friend's to lovers story. It definitely is what I would consider "slow burn", and while I'm never really a fan of that type of story, I didn't mind it that much. That being said -- there still were some parts that felt slow for me. It also felt on the longer side, and it was @ 423 pages on my kindle app. I think some of those slower parts could've been edited out to make it flow a little better. I appreciated how the H was a star athlete but not a manw
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

‘THE HARDEST FALL’: Is a standalone full length, sports romance novel by new to me Author Ella Maise. ‘Spoken in Dual Perspectives’

In this we meet, shy, klutzy, kooky, quirky over talkative College Freshman Zoe Clarke.

And Dylan Reed the IT boy around campus. A football player who had a big chance of going pro. He’s gorgeous, laid back and finds himself drawn towards Zoe like no other female before.

The very first initi
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“On and off the field, you’re my hardest fall. No one has ever compared, and no one ever will.”

I truly loved The Hardest Fall. This story included some of my favorite things to read; sports romance, angst and the slow burn which is to the point of perfection, not annoyance. I devoured every beautifully and carefully crafted word Ella Maise produced. The only downer for me reading this was that it ended.

There are a few words that come to mind when thinking back to Dylan and Zoe’s first encou
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 Cute Stars

Such an amazing book,I devour it in one sitting!I'm in love with the story and the characters rocked this story!The Hardest Fall was a cute and fun read!I was smiling most of the time with these two!

description

Zoe and Dylan were adorable!I loved every minute of these two together!The way they first met was funny and then the second and third time!I found their story refreshing!Dylan is a swoon worthy hero and I loved Zoe,she is shy,funny and cute!They have an amazing chemistry!Their romance i
chandler ainsley ❁
dnf @ 11%... heroine annoyed me

surprisingly, i have a lot to say for a book i didn't read very much of. but i'll keep it short.

girl walks in on dude peeing and can't stop commenting on his penis. i think it was supposed to be cute that she was 'flustered' but she didn't ever leave???? like you walked into a bathroom, see something you're not supposed to and then you leave. you don't stand there gawking regardless of if the guy is laughing it off. weird vibe.

and then the whole scene where this d
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

Loved this book!

Dylan and Zoe are perfect for each other. I really liked that they were friends before lovers. Their sexual tension was off the charts and I really enjoyed the slow burn. When they finally get together it was so hot!

I loved Dylan. He’s such a great guy and loves Zoe unconditionally. He embraces her quirks and accepts her just as she is. Zoe is amazing too. She’s shy but so fun! I truly loved them as a couple.

This was a great friends to lovers sports romance. I swoo
bookmarkbelles
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I discovered Ella Maise this month and devoured To Love Jason Thorn and To Hate Adam Conner in just two days. I was obsessed with her writing style and gave both books a 5 star.

Fortunately for me, I didnt have to wait the almost two years that everyone else did for a new release from this author. Phewww! I was kicking myself for taking this long to discover her but now im just grateful.

After devouring those two books I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of The Hardest Fall and I literally freake
Shannon Moore
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book about three days ago, and I want to go back and start it again. Right now. Is that normal?

We all read romance because of the hero, am I right ladies? Alright, well, most of the time, that is. There's story. The imagination. And you're darn tootin I read for the hero too. The hero in The Hardest Fall... *SWOON*! Like swoon until I melt, sort of swoon. Dylan was just amazing, and the perfect match for Zoe. Not only was he sweet, and sensible, but he had a good head on his sho
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fucking LOVED it. I LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVEDDDDD it. Gah. Going to try to come up with a review soon, but holy slow burn, totally the most delicious torture. Dylan and Zoe killed me in the BEST way. And man, the sweetness. DEAD OVER THEM.
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

My guilty pleasure as a woman in her forties, is college sports romance. Add slow burn to the mix and I will devour this trope like there's no tomorrow.

This was my first novel by Ella Maise, and I am extremely excited to read her future works if this is anything to go by, the writing was phenomenal! I was gripped, I became so attached to these characters and their struggles. I literally couldn't keep the smile off my face whilst reading this.

Dylan is the star of the Football t
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Not bad, but a bit boring*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The book centers around Zoe ‘Flash’ Clarke (21), who is an art major focused in photography (she also take photos to make extra money) and Dylan Reed, who in his final year of College, one of the hotshots from the football team, the star wide receiver who was apparently one of the few players expected to make it into the NFL, and that made him pretty popular around campus. Zoe walked in on Dylan taking a piss in her freshman year. She asked him if they co
XxTainaxX
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dylan and Zoe are a testament to there being a right time for everything. Though their attraction has always been there, it wasn’t the right time until it was.

This cute story was the perfect return for Ella Maise after an absence from the writing scene. It’s a slow burn, which I don’t always enjoy, but this additional time was definitely worth the build up of the relationship.

Individually, I really liked how Dylan was structured. He had a good balance between sweet and sexy with maturity. Zoe
Alaina Meserole
The Hardest Fall was such a cute read! It also had some smutty chapters which I really enjoyed. Dylan and Zoe were my everything. Some things were highly predictable between these two but some of the twists - well, I didn't see coming.

Zoe was an okay kind of character. She sometimes annoyed me and others I really enjoyed her sassy or smart comments. I honestly just kept shipping the shit out of her and Dylan. I also knew that there was something dark and mysterious about this girl. Something was
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it

4.5 slow burn stars

‘He was the dream, the one you always wanted to end up with, the other half of your soul, if you believed in that kind of thing. I was willing to bet Dylan Reed would check every single box every single woman had on the their must-have list….’

They say all good things come to those that wait. Hmm they also say…be careful what you wish for. Well, we waited, we wished and we hoped The Hardest Fall would be everything we had excitedly anticipated, and we’re thrilled to say it was
Jacob Proffitt
May 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
At 74% in, I'm done. The author manipulation is just too much and I can't stand it any longer. I like the characters. They're sweet and watching them come together was engaging. But Ella Maise seems addicted to manipulating things for drama and that's a fast turn-off for me.

I pushed through my concerns from the 20%-40% range. That's when she was manipulating Zoe's perspective to imply something not true. There were two possibilities and each would have had profoundly different manifestation in h
Libby Harrison

Hero (Dylan): 22yrs old
Plot: 4/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: none
HEA: yes with a ‘6 years later’ epilogue!
Triggers: none

Average score: 4/5

Best Line: “Who would buy a cheeseburger and not get fries? One isn’t complete without the other.”

Worst Line: “Leave”

Personal Review:
A good slow burn college romance between a photographer and a footballer

Random Ramblings:
•Author’s note…

•Her rambling was funny
•The kissing
lucie
“This is the strangest thing, but I think you’re going to be my best friend, Zoe Clarke.”

THIS BOOK GAVE ME ALL THE FEELS!

From roomates to lovers. The Hardest Fall was just so good - I laughed, my heart was so full with emotions that I thought it explodes, I had butterflies in my stomach and a stupid smile on my face almost the whole time. Exactly everything I expect to get from reading a romance book.

Zoe ist just adorable, she talks way too much when she's shy and Dylan is a dreamy boyfrie
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
Sweet & Quirky

This is my first ever book by this author and I was swept away with their story. Its more than YA and its more than being friends, but there's no way that you'll be disappointed or feel disconnected with the main MCs Dylan & Zoe, cause you'll love the quirkiness of Zoe and the alpha ness of Dylan.

"ιт'ѕ нard тo eхplaιn wнaт drawѕ yoυ тo a perѕon, wнaт ιт ιѕ aвoυт тнeм тнaт мaĸeѕ тнeм тнaт ѕpecιal тнaт yoυ gιve тнeм yoυr нearт. ι вelιeve ιт'ѕ all aвoυт wнo yoυ are тogeтнer,
Melanie
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. It was a great read and kept your attention from start to finish.
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
I loved this one so so so much!! I laughed the first few parts because they were hilarious! I kind of felt for Zoe but on the other side I can understand her so much!

So while I was typing Ella Maise her name in my goodreads books to find this book back (I'm so bad with remembering names or titles) and I noticed I've read two of her other books. I was plesantly surprised to find that out, because I loved those so much! I'm so glad I came across this beauty and that thanks too my good friend Crist
Currently, I need to read something that's not a tome. This has been on my KU shelf since it came out and I thought it might fit the bill. Four chapters in, however, I'm sensing that I've made a mistake. I'm just too old for this story, for this setting, and for the MCs and their problems. :(

2.25 stars. Upon finishing, here are my scattered thoughts.

What worked for me:
1) The H, while he had a bit of a past with the ladies, it only lasted one year before he found random hookups to be empty and un
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
I had the incredible fortune of beta reading this newest offering from Ella Maise and - ugh, you guys! I loved it so much! Her signature quirky adorableness is present here, but with a little more grit. Plus? Football. If sweet slow burns are your thing, Dylan and Zoe are about to knock your socks off! ~ Shelly

Best Kiss
Special thank you to the lovely Beth at Panda & Boodle for providing this amazing teaser.
Kitty
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epub, new-adult, sports
Soooo I binge read last week and decided to forgo my TBR list to just whatever I really wanted to read regardless of how long the book is sitting on my shelf.

I had read several reviews for this book and I was drown to it so I just gave up the fight and dove in.
What a lovely surprise.

If you know me I have no love lost for insta-love romance that span for a total of 2 weeks and then bam HEA... that just annoys me to no end. although I know and knowledge that this is the way in 99% of romance novel
Ari
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
"I think we're gonna end up kissing one of these days, and I bet you'll be the first one to beg for it."

I've been dying to read this book ever since the cover was revealed! The cover is all types of adorableness and the story sounded so sweet and I couldn't wait to gobble it right up. Everyone's also been raving about this one all over my Instagram feed so I had high hopes that this book wouldn't disappoint.

The Hardest Fall follows our two main characters, Zoe Clarke and Dylan Reed. Over the
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018

4.5 slow burn stars

Butthisbook
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna keep this review short and sweet. This was my first book by this author and it definitely won't be my last. The Hardest Fall was one of those books I didn't expect to fall deeply in love with. It was funny, sweet, adorable, awkward (ZOE. I Am ZOE) and it had me at the edge of my seat wondering what the hell was gonna happen next. The little plot twists!!!!! I kept thinking to myself... nope the author won't go there... no, Zoe wouldn't do that. NOOOOOO THIS ISN'T GONN

Writing has become my world and I can’t imagine myself doing anything other than giving life to new characters and new stories. You know how some things simply makes your heart burst with happiness? A really good book, a puppy, hugging someone you’ve been missing like crazy? That’s what writing does to me. And all the hard work, all the sleepless nights, all the anxiety…everything is worth it at t
“How my heart missed beating like this. For him. Only for him.” 5 likes
“I didn't want to miss out on another second with this girl. Fuck everything. Fuck everyone. None of it mattered.” 4 likes