Start by marking “Complete Illustrated Guide – Feng Shui” as Want to Read:
Complete Illustrated Guide – Feng Shui

Complete Illustrated Guide – Feng Shui

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  200 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
This lavishly illustrated guide explains the principles and practice of Feng Shui in a comprehensive and practical way. Apply the secrets of Chinese wisdom and promote health, wealth and happiness.

In this authoritative, accessible and lavishly illustrated guide Feng Shui expert Lillian Too explains the principles and practice of living in harmony with your natural and man-
Published February 18th 2002 by Element (first published October 25th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Complete Illustrated Guide – Feng Shui, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Complete Illustrated Guide – Feng Shui

Patty
Dec 06, 2007 rated it it was ok
Eh. If Feng Shui really worked I'd be rich - the only thing that I really get out of Feng Shui is how to arrange furniture better. I used to be an interior design student, so I usually stuck to Feng Shui for placement tips.
Michele
Not practical.
Helen
Nov 30, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: new-age
One of many similar books on Feng Shui, that includes activating sectors. I would recommend if get it, then together with "Complete Idiot Guide to Feng Shui", much more complex book, that describes specifics of the books like this, in my understanding.

Too much history and theory, too little practical applications, and even those that were given are useless for me. Like at p. 80, if the toilet is located in the wrong place, stop using it, immediately. Huh?

It seems that it was more catered to the
Christina
I checked this out from my library for some decorating ideas, but that was only a small part of it. Most of the book goes into theory about why Feng Shui works and how to use it. I was pretty confused until I got to the chapters on how to apply the theory. That's when if finally started to come together.

Although I don't really believe most of the theory - it sounds too much like astrology to me - I did find some good decorating tips. I appreciated the ideas about softening corners, arranging fur
Justin
I don't really get feng shui. I borrowed this from one of my mom's co-workers years ago, and it's an interesting idea I might have to study further at some point. As an environmentally sensitive person, I definitely understand the value of pleasing arrangements. I just remember that I was with her until she started saying that I shouldn't have bookshelves in my bedroom because they shoot poison arrows at me, or something.
Virginia
Mar 28, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a good choice for someone who, like me, never read a Feng Shui book and wanted to learn about authentic Chinese Feng Shui. Since creating good Feng Shui usually also creates nice aesthetics, I'm certainly going to put some things into practice. My main goal is to create a comfortable and attractive home, and I'll consider it a bonus if doing so directs a little more good luck into my life.
michelle
Mar 19, 2010 added it
Shelves: feng-shui
I like Feng Shui. It works for me. The same things that I don't like about my house, or that made me feel uncomfortable, are the items that need to be corrected according to Feng Shui principles! Make little changes and wait-the idea is balance!
Carolina
Sep 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very useful
Paty Mtz
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
its very clear, very neat.. you shoul try to follow.
Martha Smith
If you are looking for a nice guide to introduce you to the foundations of Feng Shui this is a good book to start with.
Rhonda
Jun 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Western Guide to Feng Shui--Room by Room
  • Creating Sacred Space With Feng Shui
  • The Practical Encyclopedia of Feng Shui: Understanding the Ancient Arts of Placement
  • Sacred Space: Clearing and Enhancing the Energy of Your Home
  • Feng Shui Your Life
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Feng Shui
  • Feng Shui Step by Step : Arranging Your Home for Health and Happiness--with Personalized Astrological Charts
  • Sorcerer's Apprentice: My Life with Carlos Castaneda
  • Feng Shui For Dummies
  • The Power of Nice: How to Negotiate So Everyone Wins-Especially You!
  • Inside the Vatican (National Geographic)
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds: Western Region (National Audubon Society Field Guide)
  • Handbook to Higher Consciousness
  • American Indian Secrets of Crystal Healing
  • The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution: Create the Brain Chemistry of Health, Happiness, and Lasting Romance
  • The Basics of Corset Building: A Handbook for Beginners
  • Sacred Path Cards (Guidebook)
  • The Meaning of Trees: Botany, History, Healing, Lore
Lillian Too is the world's bestselling feng shui author, selling millions of copies of her books worldwide. She is in constant demand as a consultant and lecturer; she possesses a Harvard MBA, and in her corporate days she was the first woman in Asia to head a bank. She was also the Chairman of a chain of department stores and boutique in Hong Kong until she retired to be a full-time writer. Prese ...more
More about Lillian Too

• Maude
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
  • God: A Story of Revelation
    $8.24 $1.99
  • The Pastor: A Memoir
  • Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health
    $14.95 $2.99
  • Shadow Divers: The True Adventure of Two Americans Who Risked Everything to Solve One of the Last Mysteries of World War II
    $12.99 $2.99
  • The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors: The Extraordinary World War II Story of the U.S. Navy's Finest Hour
  • Working with Emotional Intelligence
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Perfect Horse: The Daring U.S. Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis