Start by marking “Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)” as Want to Read:
Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)

Killer

(Pretty Little Liars #6)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  44,704 ratings  ·  1,533 reviews
In picture-perfect Rosewood, Pennsylvania, ash-blond highlights gleam in the winter sun and frozen lakes sparkle like Swarovski crystals. But pictures often lie— and so do Rosewood's four prettiest girls.
Hanna, Aria, Spencer, and Emily have been lying ever since they became friends with beautiful Alison DiLaurentis. Ali made them do terrible things—things they had to keep
Library Binding, 320 pages
Published June 30th 2009 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Killer, please sign up.
Ronnie Rideout I Do Too!! The show was the best, I wish I knew when it come back on!

·  44,704 ratings  ·  1,533 reviews

Geraldine O'Hagan
Oct 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
Tylah Marie
Another one done! Killer started off VERY slow in the first 50 pages and I found myself a little bored but thankfully the rest of the book was entertaining, like always. I loved reading Spencer and Emily’s parts the most. Hanna’s character in these books frustrates me. I loved her in the show but in the book series.. I just can’t find myself loving her. I saw the ending coming... but maybe that it because I have seen the show and I know that these kind of “twists” are bound to happen.
I can’t be
Sophie
Nov 20, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Killer is the sixth book in the Pretty Little Liars series, and this one definitely isn’t my favourite of them.

This instalment of the series made my love for these books waver. I have to admit that it pretty much annoyed me and I got a little bit fed up. It seemed to get a tad repetitive. Aria falling for inappropriate guys, Spencer getting tangled in lies and mistakes, Emily having serious girl/boy issues and Hanna battling to be Queen Bee. It’s been that way since the first book.

A was the only
Vanessa
Jun 27, 2012 rated it did not like it
At this point, the formula that all of the books follow is way too repetitive. If I didn't already own all of the books, this is the point where I would definitely give them up. There is going to be some sort of memory of when the girls were younger and Ali was still alive. The girls will flashback to this a million times throughout the book. New information will only be revealed half of the time. There will be at least one party. Aria's story is going to involve her getting involved with an old ...more
Kate ♡
Apr 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
Killer by Sara Shepard
Book six in the Pretty Little Liars series

First of all, that ending oh my goshhhh! Now I'm even more excited to continue with this series!

Giving this one three stars because not a lot was going on throughout it, until the end of course, but the girls individual stories weren't particularly that interesting in this one. Especially compared to the last book, which has been my favourite so far!

I did guess who A, or in this books case A's, would be, but I wasn't really expecti
Charlynn
Jan 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sometimes, when reading a Pretty Little Liars novel, I find myself marveling at the girls' lives, disbelieving them. While I, too, hail from Pennsylvania, my hometown is the antithesis of the fictional Rosewood – fictional being the all-important word there, because there are moments when I question whether such places could really exist. But they do. Shop for real estate in the towns which dot the real Main Line outside of Philadelphia; check out the King of Prussia mall which the series' King ...more
Kim
Jul 19, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Barbie
3.5 stars, actually.

Well... Hanna never fails to disappoint me. The word 'pathetic' often comes to mind when I read about her and her little ridiculous adventures.

Spencer is the perfect example of how 'being smart' often means 'being able to learn lots of stuff by heart'. She obviously isn't able to use her brain in a more useful way. Smart people don't handle the entire inheritance fiasco and everything that happened because of it like she did. The outcome was something so obvious it even had a
Jenn
2.5 Stars

This is a snippet from the synopsis of this book:

Hanna's on a mission to corrupt Rosewood's youth, starting with a very attractive sophomore. Aria's snooping into her boyfriend's past. Spencer's stealing—from her family. And pure little Emily's abstaining from abstinence.

Let me just say about 10% of that is what actually happens in this book. So way to go marketing.

Anyway, so what happened in this book? Well, we got to hear more about that flag game that we've been reading about for th
Gaby (lookingatbooks)
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book six in the Pretty Little Liars series

Can someone please explain to me what just happened? Because that ending was insane.

Each book gets better and better. And I'm not quite sure I can pick a favorite yet.

I give Emily props. I like what she said to Isaac. He didn't give her a chance to explain herself when she told him what his mother had done.
Aria, as always, is my favorite. She's staying away from Xavier, but unfortunately at the cost of spending no time with her mother. I believe, shor
Stephanie
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was so good! That ending was so intense! I need to read the next book but I have to wait until next month to read it :)
Razan
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
**Spoiler alert**

Would have given it 4 stars if it weren't for the last 2 words I read!

"It was Ali"
I can't believe my eyes. It says that Alison's parents didn't check the body's DNA for some reason.
So, could it really be Ali?!
The things that happened to the girls in between the chapters left me with a very sad face, though. Mostly Spence. I can't believe she lost all her college money savings! It was a stupid thing to do anyway. Why doesn't she just live with her mum without buying an apartmen
Haley
Jul 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Ahmad Sharabiani
Killer (Pretty Little Liars #6), Sara Shepard
Stef
Jul 03, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Spoilers for previous books as usual, but none for this instalment**

Killer is the 6th book in the Pretty Little Liars series. I found it to have a good consistent pace but it still has that annoying repetitious look at the past, every time looking at tiny details that weren’t included before. Even if it was needed to give hints, too much repetition bothers my reading flow.

So the drama continues without a yield since old A kicked the bucket and a new diabolical, yet confusing new A is torturing
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Total: 9

In Depth

Best Part:
The ending!
Worst Part: Girls can be dumbbb.
Overall Feels Felt: Nail biting; Why you so dumb?!; Oh shitttt.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: YES
Misc.: Trigger Warning; eating disordered talked about.

Short Review: Spen
Tiny Pants
Jan 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
To get ready for reading this book, I looked back on my reviews of the earlier books and flipped through my copy of Wicked. Just doing that was enough to convince me to go online and buy a copy of the seventh book, Heartless without having even yet cracked open this book (the sixth in the series).

I'm glad I did, because having read this book in one delightfully lazy day (I think I read it in three sittings total), I'm practically panting for the next one. Part of me is always expecting this ser
Karen
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Loved reading this and loved the "ending"... I need to start the next book asap!
Attack Salmon
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
WOAH, I gotta say Sara Shepard is not only incredibly talented but incredibly cruel as well. I suspect she delighted in seeing her characters suffer. Just when u thought things are going real good for the girls, then disaster strikes.

In Killer, we have a different set of person being suspected as A. Story is the usual as we see how the girls being tear down to pieces. All of the adults in this book are very unlikeable. I find myself sympathizing the girls and wish those god damn adult will fuck
Stacy Ivashkov
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Scott
Jul 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
!!!! (That was me when I got to the end) I cannot wait for the next book to come out...
Deyse
Yet another PLL book that is boring until the very last scene were a shitty cliffhanger is pulled out of nowhere to make me pick up the next installment right now (I'm so pissed at missed that this is still working on me).

SOME THOUGHTS:

• There has to be some sort of price for worst parents to every single one of Rosewood's parents because seriously, I'm so pissed with all of them. (view spoiler)
Lauren
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
(Audiobook format) This one was not my favorite of the series. It was a little slow throughout the book. The book as a whole felt almost like a filler. Until it hot to the end. The end made the slower pace the rest of the book had almost cancel it self out. That ending was outstanding. It took my breath away. The best cliffhanger of the series so far. I immediately started the next audiobook.
Red_Queen_Lover
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I-
Maud
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sequel
I really liked the last couple of chapters but the A in this arc feels inferior to the one from the first.
paigeee [ a bookish brat ]
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one is by far my favorite.
Marcelino
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?????????????????

WHO DID JUST MAKE ITS APPEARANCE?????
Nicole
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
So I feel like what I think I know is questioned in every book. I thought Ian was guilty but now I know Ian is not guity. Kate drives me nuts she is annoying and I do not trust her at all. I don't trust the cop - I feel like there is something there. I really liked Aria and Jason together but now I am confused on Jason and how he changes his attitude at the flip of a switch......weird.
Katie
Feb 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
SPOILER ALERT: If you haven’t read the first 5 books of the Pretty Little Liars series do not read any further.

Hanna, Aria, Spencer, and Emily thought things would get better when A was killed. They were wrong. The original A might be gone but now there is someone new who knows there secrets and they want something in return for their silence.

Hanna has a new mission now. Her only goal now that she doesn’t have Lucas is to get back at Kate for stealing her father’s affection and her friends. It s
Stephania
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
312 pages Genre: mystery

Now that the old A is dead, Hanna, Aria, Emily and Spencer think that they are free from harassment. However, what they don’t know is that there is a new A that is out to get them and is worse than the first! Hanna’s convinced her new stepsister, Kate, is out to take down her entire reputation, (which isn’t looking too hot thanks to thee mysterious A) so she decides to fight fire with fire and tries to go for Aria’s younger brother, who Kate pretends to like. Will Hanna
Anna  (The Bursting Bookshelf)
To start off, I would just like to say that this review might actually contain spoilers as this book is fairly far into the series, so those of you who haven't read the first five books might not want to continue on reading this review.

The writing in this book is great. It flows very well, despite the fact it's written in four different perspectives. The story never felt chopped together either which was great. And the fact that shocks me the most is that this is the sixth book in the series and
Would you like to be friend with Mona after what she did to you ? 18 52 Feb 08, 2018 07:50AM
http://www.potentmuscles.com/blackhead-killer 1 1 Jun 18, 2017 11:27PM
A Million More Pages: 6 - Killer (PLL): Jun 1 14 26 Jun 08, 2015 11:00AM
YA lovers <3: Killer 1 1 Jul 07, 2014 11:37PM

• Pretty Little Liars (TV Series)
  • Revelation (Private, #8)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Boys "R" Us (The Clique, #11)
  • Don't You Forget About Me (Gossip Girl, #11)
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She has lived in New York City, Brooklyn, Tucson, Arizona, Philadelphia, and now lives in Pittsburgh, PA. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.

Pretty Little Liars (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
  • Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2)
  • Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3)
  • Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4)
  • Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)
  • Heartless (Pretty Little Liars, #7)
  • Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)
  • Twisted (Pretty Little Liars, #9)
  • Ruthless (Pretty Little Liars, #10)
  • Stunning (Pretty Little Liars, #11)
“Sometimes, I don't notice I'm singing.” 189 likes
“Here you go, dear."" The corners of Mrs. Colbert's mouth curled up. "You like meat, don't you?"
Emily blinked. Was it her, or did that statement seem...loaded? She checked Issac for his reaction, but he was innocently selecting a roll from a wicker basket. "Uh, thanks." Emily said, pulling the platter toward her. She did like meat. The kind you, um, eat.”
33 likes