Start by marking “His to Take (She's Mine #1)” as Want to Read:
His to Take (She's Mine #1)

His to Take

(She's Mine #1)

Brooklyn …

Adrian was my first love.

The boy I’d always compared all the others to.

But now he’s a man and he’s holding me captive.

I’d heard the stories for years but I didn’t believe them.

My Adrian couldn’t have done the things they say he did to all the other girls.

But now that I’m with him I see that it’s true.

I know he’s a monster … and I’m terrified of him.
Published June 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about His to Take, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His to Take

Start your review of His to Take (She's Mine #1)
Maria11
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
no comment... it would not be a good thing.
Kira
WTF! This ended at 38%. So misleading. I thought I was getting a whole book. Anyway the story wasn't good. Adrian and Brooklyn spent time together for one summer seven years ago and hadn't seen each other since, but as soon as they meet again under unpleasant circumstances BTW it's instantly love. I didn't like Adrian. He was good to Brooklyn, but he trained women to be sold as sex slaves. Even as the story progressed he never came to the conclusion that raping women is wrong.
Melissa Mendoza
Heat Level: 5 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Brooklyn …

Adrian was my first love.

The boy I’d always compared all the others to.

But now he’s a man and he’s holding me captive.

I’d heard the stories for years but I didn’t believe them.

My Adrian couldn’t have done the things they say he did to all the othe
Nadine Bookaholic
ummmm, I'm not really sure how I should rate this one because I am on the fence about a couple of things. My first issue is that a parent would trade their daughter and only child to be a sex slave for some deviante in exchange for his debt, a debt that he was still accumulating since he hadn't stopped borrowing $100,000 per month, as a parent to four children I could never imagine doing something like that AT ALL and why the heck is he still borrowing money? To keep his young floozies happy? Se ...more
Charlie
Very disappointing. I was in the mood for a dark romance, this one had all the elements I love but the writing was just poor and the dialogue made me cringe.
Book-Lovin-Momma
When human trafficking is involved, you know it's probably going to be a dark story. That's what you'll find in His to Take. Brooklyn became a pawn when her father owed a debt he couldn't pay. How would you like to have your life choices stripped away? This was a really well written story, not overly graphic but still very dark and dangerous. When all you have left is your dignity, and then maybe a glimmer of hope, and dare we even consider maybe love? Intense and steamy story of going from hope ...more
Susan
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What happens when you find out that the man that you met years ago, Adrian, when you were 16 years old, and have been in love with since then, he and his family have been kidnapping girls, training them to be sex slaves, and then selling them? Brooklyn finds out the hard way when it happens to her, because her father owes them lots of money. Can Adrian save her from his family, and at the same time save himself? Once I started this book, there was no putting it down. It pulls you in, and does no ...more
♡ One Click Romance ♡
I kept reading this entire book waiting for the darkness to finally happen... it didn't. The book deals with a lot of touchy subjects that should have felt dark. They should have had me quacking in my boots but they didn't.

Maybe it's just me but there was nothing dark or Alpha about Adrian. He was sweet, kind, even when he was doing "darkish" things, and that's not what I was looking for in this book.

Now the female lead (I almost forgot her name) Brooklyn, was completely flat and irritating. A
Lisa
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Brooklyn has a bright future ahead of her. She's about to start an internship at a premier fashion company that will help in her dream of being a fashion journalist. She's done everything possible to set herself up for success. One call from her panicked father is all it takes to bring her world crushing around her.

Adrian is next in line to take over the family business. Sounds good except he no longer enjoys what the family business is all about-- training and selling women as sexual servants.
DesertReal
May 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
I started skimming long before the words "big thick necked lunkhead"

So elementary.
Every face to face conversation was like a phone conversation- wordy and basic.
No one repeats each other's names ao frequently when talking to them in real life.
No guy talks like this, no woman thinks like this, and the only thing left is possibly an author that was an actual child or teenager when they wrote this. It's just that bad.
It embodies everything that's wrong with this genre.
Extraordinarily unlikely circ
Danae
Jan 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Sandra
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Brooklyn's father isn't able to pay his debts so the Bellini family takes her away to force him to pay. If he can't return the money within 6 months, she'll be sold on the black market. She didn't expect to find Adrian has to train her to fulfill every wish as a sex slave. This storyline is something I haven't read before although some kind of disturbing with how the transactions, as the girls are called, are treated. I still think that I'll continue reading the series because I'm curious what w ...more
Paula
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dark it is!!

But if you can handle it, it's a really good read. I've never read a book with a story line like this before, but had to buy the series because I had to find out how it ends. I'll post reviews on the other books once I've read them, thanks JB I really did enjoy the book.
Valentina
Mar 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Just no

Story is not even remotely believable. How the heroine fancied herself in love with and could forgive the hero, a recent trainer, torturer, of women that he and his family sold into slavery, just made no sense. Could not finish this past the 50% mark.
Sal
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
Sorry this one did nothing for me at all.
I love a dark read with a strong alpha a-hole but this just wasn’t that.
The main characters annoyed me no end. Both came across as weak and pathetic and I felt nothing at all for either of them.
Not the book for me I’m afraid.
Anita Hargreaves
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Disturbing

I felt depressed reading this graphic book, cliff hanger ending. Rape, brutality and disturbing torture scenes. I definitely won't forget this book in a hurry.
Diane West
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
His to Take(She's Mine Book 1)

To be reunited with your first love only to find out you were given away to pay a debt by your father what's a girl to do.
Jill
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Took a long time to develop, but not real good character development. A little disappointing.
Jackie Andrews
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Crazy family

This was a new Author for me and I like this book. I hated what Brooklyn dad did to her, selling her like that. Can't wait to see what happens next,good read
Kerry
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a really interesting concept and it seemed to really work but I found the ending of the novel to be rushed and a bit of a letdown which I am hoping will be resolved further down the line in the other books of this series. It's a deep book from the start and quite thought provoking considering that what happens actually happens in the 'real world'.

Brooklyn is a high flier who had just achieved one of her dreams but all that is dashed after her father's thoughtless and cold actions lead
Kathleen
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book touches on a subject that some may not be able to handle. This is truly a dark book. It has suspense, mystery, romance, a little bit of everything.
Brooklyn is your average college student who is one day taken by some men her father says she must go with and give no other explanation. She is drugged and when she awakes she is in a dungeon. Unsure of where she is and frighten Brooklyn remains drugged for a week.
Adrian is part of a family that lends money for legal and illegal activity an
Denise
Jun 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Dora Harvey
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was a slam dunk for Stella Noir and J.B. Duvane with this hot as hell dark romance! I wasn't expecting the turn this story took; it has quite an unexpected surprise that may leave you infuriated, but it is jaw-dropping good! This is the first book I read by Stella Noir and J.B. Duvane, but I assure you, it will not be the last. I loved the storyline, so I bought book 1, His to Take, so that I can start from the beginning with Adrian and Brooklyn’s story. Brooklyn, a college student, wa ...more
Amy
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Darkly sexy-but with hope and redemption

When Adrian realizes that the next girl to prepare for sale is the one girl he ever cared about, his carefully constructed life cracks apart.

The book starts with the usual set up for these dark romance captive stories--girl is taken, guy is drawn to her, she affects him. That’s where the story takes a slightly different path.

I’ve often wondered if guys like this could have normal relationships with women when their job is to dehumanize women down to noth
Cassie Hess-dean
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story! Adrianne is such a go getter. She has her ideas of where she wants to go in life and she is giving it her all to get there. But when her father who doesn't really care about her basically sells her to pay off his debt...she is devastated.

Adrian has had feelings for Brooklyn ever since the summer they spent together years ago. Is he going to be able to tell her how he feels about her? Is the family business going to be a problem for him with having to handle her?

Th
Jane Stopes
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book I enjoyed this, for Adrian's family taking the daughters of people who can't pay debts, training girls for sexual slavery. I will say it was sad in places and to think it actually happens in real life. Brooklyn met him when she was 16 on holiday on a remote island with her family, Adrian was older by a couple of yrs 4 to be exact and her attraction to him was instant. Adrian felt the same and for the weeks they spent together sneaking around Adrian knew she was to pure to be pulled in ...more
Karen Shortridge
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a dark read that I thoroughly enjoyed and it completely drew me in. Brooklyn is in college studying fashion design in New York as well as been accepted for an internship with a top fashion design firm. On her way to celebrate with her friends she gets an urgent call from her estranged father to meet him outside but when she gets there she is kidnapped. She finds out her father owes a huge amount of money to the Bellini family and she is the bargaining treasure. Adrian is the eldest son i ...more
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
This book was enjoyable. It is a darker book, which I enjoyed..

Adrian's family take women from their families when they can not pay back their loan. Adrian and his brother then train these women to be sex slaves before they are sold on the auction block. Unknown to Adrian his newest acquisition is a girl from his childhood.. Brooklyn has no idea that her father has been borrowing huge amounts of money from Adrian's family for over a year. So when she is kidnapped and brought to dungeon she is sc
April
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dark and twisted

You're in for a dark ride with this one. Adrian is an intense man and not liking the training business anymore. His father gives him a special assignment with Brooklyn. Adrian and Brooklyn have met before and had a special connection. Brooklyn isn't sure what is going on but her father has given her up to pay a debt.

Lucas, Adrian's sick and twisted brother is completely messed up but he did redeem himself a bit at the end.

The business that Adrian's family is in can't be seen as
Jen
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
I honestly don't know how I felt about this story. I was a bit disgusted by it. the fact that Brooklyn can get past Adrian's past is astonishing to me. I dont think it's realistic at all. I kind of liked the story and will be reading on to see what happens but some sick crap was going on with the guy that is supposed to be the hero or the story. I also thought it odd even if he was so disgusted with himself he still went down to the cavern to see the slaves after hanging out with Brooklyn. he di ...more

• Naughty Girls Do: A Red Hot and BOOM! Story
  • The Virgin's Summer Part One (Buying the Virgin, #13)
  • Lusted (Lusted #1)
  • The Virgin's Holiday: The Virgin - For Hire (Buying the Virgin, #6)
  • Filthy Cam Girl
  • After the Night (Romance for all Seasons, #1)
  • His Bought Fiancée (Wedded to the Sheikh #1)
  • Bad Boss: An Office Romance: The Office Romance Series
  • To Be His (Beauty and the Brit, #1.5)
  • Taking Kelsey
  • His Beloved Bride (Wedded to the Sheikh #3)
  • The Sheikh’s Island Fling (Sheikh's Meddling Sisters, #2)
  • Tell Me to Go (Tell Me, #2)
  • Black Dawn Boxed Set
  • Double Down: A Twin Menage Romance (Includes A Free Bonus Novel)
  • The Sheikh's Million Dollar Bride & The Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge
  • Hunter
  • Shift of Fate (Wolfguard Protectors, #1)
Stella Noir is a new voice of dark romance. She loves everything forbidden, and enjoys pushing the limits of what readers enjoy. Her hope is to show readers the good in the bad.

If you have comments, suggestions, or just want to get in touch, e-mail Stella at authorstellanoir@gmail.com.

To sign up for her mailing list and be up to date with new releases, head to: http://eepurl.com/blxeCb

She's Mine (3 books)
  • His to Keep (She's Mine #2)
  • His Forever (She's Mine #3)