Start by marking “Broken Lion” as Want to Read:
Broken Lion

Broken Lion

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  333 Ratings  ·  102 Reviews
Bestselling author Devon Hartford brings you another scorching hot and scandalous standalone romance.

SOME SECRETS ARE TOO HARD TO KEEP

The night the EMTs rolled Lion Maxwell into my ER turned my life upside down.
Although he was bloody and battered from defending his title as the WMAA’s reigning cruiserweight champion, his cocky grin lit up the room.
And every cell in my bod
300 pages
Published August 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Broken Lion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Lion

♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ I like
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 10-kindle, 14-arc

As I had just finished another book I could directly dive into “Broken Lion” by Devon Hartford when it appeared on my Kindle.

And I have to say it was not what I expected it to be from the blurb. Well it is exactly like it is described in the Blurb yes but somehow I thought it would be different.

Gosh – how do I explain myself … first things first …

I enjoyed the book it is a solid 4 star – which is great in my world. But still there was something different about the characters and I mean different
Jabberwocky

Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)
Blog: HERE

Broken Lion by Devon Hartford Broken Lion

book can be read as a standalone

full review to come

Hero: 5-Stars
Heroine: 5-Stars
Romance: 5-Stars
Sex: 5-Stars
Plot: 5-Stars
Dialogue: 5-Stars
Writing: 5-Stars

PS: I was given a complementary copy of this book. But I do solemnly swear that I am up to...good. *wink* This is a fair,
Book Snob Sue
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. How have I missed Devon Hartford? No idea, but hopefully you won't. Loved. This. Book. First book from this author...definently won't be my last. Lion was book boyfriend material all the way...absolutely adored him. The only reason why I gave this 4.5 stars and not 5 stars was because I didn't always like the way Brigid treated my new book boyfriend and someone needed to take up for him....he's welcome.

Not going to lie, I don't normally read books by male authors....not sure why, but
C.E.
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Broken Lion” = Wow….just wow!

“Feel The Beast”?

I sure did.

Lion Maxwell and Brigid Flanagan are two people who seem to be polar opposites. He’s a confident, albeit provocative MMA fighter who comes into a ER with a substantial knee injury. Brigid is the doctor on call who initially treats his injury. There in an immense attraction between the 2. Brigid is reluctant to act on it and Lion goes so far as to switch providers - - to try and jumpstart a connection with Brigid.

Brigid and Lion manage
Le Ann Foster
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
♡♡Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions ♡ ♡

I gave this book 4.5 Roaring Stars!

Holy smokes this book was on fire. Ladies go ahead and have extra panties and the fire department on. standby because you Kindle will be smoking. From the start to the finish their chemistry is off the charts and you will not be able to put it down. At times it does get old with how Brigid is so worried about her job, but I think it all makes sense that she should be worried.

Lion is a MMA fighter with a past. Brigi
Jamie C
Jul 29, 2018 marked it as dnf
Did not like this heroine at all
Melissa Mendoza
Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

SOME SECRETS ARE TOO HARD TO KEEP

The night the EMTs rolled Lion Maxwell into my ER turned my life upside down.
And every cell in my body.
Our fiery chemistry was off the charts.
The ER
Jill-Ann
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book as ARC in exchange for an honest review....
Why did I give this book 5 stars? Well let’s see…
The character names were unique, Brigid Flanagan and Lion Maxwell. I always love when the characters have names that suit their demeanor. Brigid is a workaholic, sexually starved and witty. Lion is slightly hot headed, creative and funny.
I loved the easy banter between the two from the beginning to end of this book. It was vulgar, funny and full of innuendos which made it seem more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Dr. Brigid Flanagan has sacrificed alot for her career. So when a hot sexy MMA fighter ends up in her ER with a knee injury, it takes everything inside her to remain professional and resist his charm. Getting involved with a patient is grounds for termination and having her medical license revoked.

Lion Maxwell is a champion for a reason, when he sets his mind on something there is no stopping him. After seeing the lovely doctor treating him, he knows what he wants. But to be together they will h
Susan (susayq ~)
Lion Maxwell and Brigid Flanagan are perfect together, except for the fact that she was his doctor for a brief moment and they shouldn't be together, at least ethically. I get that it might be questionable for a doctor and patient to have a relationship outside the doctor/patient one. But when Lion immediately released her from being his doctor in the ER and hired someone else, doesn't that end that doctor/patient relationship? How is she still considered his doctor 3 months later? He's no longe ...more
MillsyLovesBooks
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is my first read from Devon Hartford, and I've got to say I quite enjoyed this book it was everything the blurb said and some more. Lion is the Cocky Hot Alpha Male he shows the world, but under neath all that "I'm Lion hear me roar" attitude is a selfless heart warming man with a heart of gold. Brigid is a workaholic who is trying to raise her son while working extremely long hours she's divorced and her son spends equal amount of time with her ex's family this leaves Brigid with feelings ...more
Mel Bushell
Grrrrr - another No. 1 best seller

I was gifted this book by my favourite author.

Divorcee Brigid Flanagan's emotions were flipped upside down when she first set eyes in the emergency room on martial arts expert - sinfully handsome and well endowed Lion Maxwell..... never in a million years did workaholic Brigid envisage any kind of relationship with this hunk..... oh how things can change in a few weeks .....

Persistence by Lion turned frigid Brigid into a hot minx. A jealous husband, forbidden re
Jenny
Hero(s) rating: 3.5 stars
Heroine rating: 3.5 stars
Sexual tension rating: 4 stars
Sex scenes rating: 4 stars
Sex scenes frequency: 4 stars
Plot rating: 3.5 stars
Dialogue rating: 3.5 stars
Other woman/men drama: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
**********************************************
Overall rating: 3.5 stars

Paul Triegaardt
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the happy banter in this book. Devon has away to make the reader feel a range of motions through his sometimes hilarious yet lascivious writing. Never mind fulfilling the readers need for happy endings. Albeit going through the trials and tribulations of the protagonists in this book, the characters of Lion and Brigid are quite opposite which leads to in intriguing reading.
Never mind that Lion is an MMA fighter!!!
All those muscles!!
A recommended read!!!
Michelle
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My first Devon Hartford read was the Samantha Smith trilogy. It was fantastic and I was hooked after that. I've read all of his books and I have to tell you this book is one of my favorites. Brigid and Lion's story was HAWT!!! Good girl meets bad boy. What's better than that? Did I mention he's a MMA fighter with a filthy mouth. Yep!!! A MUST read.
Amandajane
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great Devon Hartford story. I enjoy his style and this ticked all the boxes with a sexy, cocky hero with a sweet side, romance, humour, sexy banter plus the personal favourite of secret romance.
Danielle from Short and Sassy
The story started off good for me, and then the more I read it, the more it went downhill.

I liked Lion at the beginning of the book. He seemed fun and alpha. But then, for me at least, the whole story snowballed into a whole different story. It just didn't work for me.
Anino
This book was fairly good... It was somewhat captivating, but it lost steam after the 2nd half of the book... Also, the epilogue was seriously lacking...

Other than that, for 99 cents this book is a major bargain..

Giving this one : 3.25 stars
Jodie Lauren
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
A good easy read

Fighter Lion Gets injured in his fight and is taken to hospital with he meets doctor Brigid.

The attraction is instant but she could get into trouble for dating a patient - is it worth the risk?

Xx
Saskia 'follow my shoes' Smith
I really liked this book and can see the writers development compared to past reads. This is such a sweet easy read, it flows nicely i like the characters. Each character is written in well, with the right amount of depth so that you can visualise knowing them and the situation they are in. Yes Ok Lions a bit OTT but so what? some guys are like that! and its a book!! anything can written in to a story thats the whole point! I will say the writer has done his homework!! I dont do spoilers!
The mai
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

Having never read a book by Devon Hartford but having been encouraged by a fellow reader, I jumped right into Broken Lion and didn't look back. Devon spins a tale of forbidden, passionate, gotta have you love between a straight laced professional and a down and dirty undefeated fighter. They come from completely different worlds and live by different rules but cross paths and soon can't deny the attraction. Brigid and Lion not only break all the
Jess
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been eagerly awaiting Mr. Hartford's latest book. And the wait was certainly worth it. We have single mum Brigid who is a doctor. What I love about her is how real and genuine she feels. Having such a demanding job means that she is constantly balancing home and work life. And that means that not every part of her life receives the same amount of attention. She has doubts and questions her actions particularly in regards to her son. Brigid doesn't always feel like the best mother but she is ...more
Stefanie Kral
✯✯4.5 Lion Size Stars!!!✯✯

I don't know how Devon Hartford is a best selling author and I'm legit just hearing his name!? I'm just saying. I wasn't sure what to expect going into this book because I've never heard of Devon Hartford before. But, the synopsis caught me and I'm really glad I decided to read this book.

Brigid is a single working mom to her son Daniel, who she shares custody with her ex-husband. She's a Dr who works the night shift. Her life revolves around her son and work. Somet
Dana Busenbark
Lion is the reigning cruiserweight champion in MMA fighting. What event happened that causes us to see him wheeled into the ER? Who is Brigid and where does she meet Lion? I can see it now, Lion is a man who has the ego to match his body. He is also a man who does not give up once he sets his mind on something or someone. Brigid has a policy against dating certain people. Why? When Lion tries to get her to go against that policy, what happens? When he sends her a gift to work, what is it? What h ...more
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was given to me for an honest review.

4 stars

I have liked all of Devon Hartford's books that I have read, and this one is no different. Lion the main character he is rude, he is a holds no bar person, he hides nothing that he feels and he will get what he wants. Lion is this person you want to say eww I can't stand him, but you cant because he is so charismatic that even his awful behavior makes him who he is. I loved Lion, he is powerful, MMA Fighter, and he fights for everything he wa
Tiffany Readz
4.5 Stars

On my Goodreads account I shelved this book under "annoying-but-I-keep-reading" among other shelves, because it took me a few chapters to warm up to Lion Maxwell. And to appreciate that name. By the end, I was finding room on my ever growing book boyfriend list for him.

Devon Hartford gives his readers quite the handful (in more ways than one) with Lion Maxwell. He is arrogant, cocky and of course gorgeous. And he knows it. Such an irritating combination in a guy. As Lion is in the ER wa
Cate
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Meet your next book boyfriend Lion Maxwell.

Some secrets are hard to keep.

The night the EMT's wheeled Lion Maxwell into my emergency room turned my life upside down.

From these first two paragraphs you are intrigued as to what secrets are about to unfold.

Lion Maxwell is the current reigning cruiser weight champion of mixed martial arts. After his latest fight he is wheeled into the ER and that's where he meets Dr Brigid Flanagan the attending physician.

Before meeting Lion, Brigid and Latisha Brow
Books 2 Blog
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
************ Gifted copy ****************

I just finished Broken Lion and all I can say is ROAR! This is my first read from this author and won't be my last. As an avid book nerd, I read all types of novels and many different authors but primarily I read female authors. Well, I was pleasantly surprised with Lion and Brigid's story all coming from the creative mind of a male author. Well Done!

Broken Lion follows the love story of Lion Maxwell and Brigid Flanagan. Lion is a super hot MMA fighter su
Julie Clarke
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this book for a long time, and as always with Devon Hartford, I was not disappointed!
Lion is brash, loud,confident,comfortable with who is he. His manner and words literally speak volumes about who he is, and he is not afraid to speak as he sees and feels. This makes his character a little frustrating at times as he is impatient for what he wants! But as the story unfolds you see a softer, more restrained side appear. A nurturing, encouraging and sportive man who shows a
Jenny
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review and absolutely loved it you can't help but fall for the cocky bad boy & the hard working doctor and the adorable Daniel.
Brigid is an attending physician at L.A Central hospital. She doesn't have time for dating even though some hot people and hot sexy uniformed guys parade through the ECU on a daily basis. Lion Maxwell ends up in the ECU and any other hot guy she's met are non-existent. Lion is hot, has big bulging muscles everywhere,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)