Start by marking “Saving Sara (Redemption Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Saving Sara (Redemption Series, #1)

Saving Sara

(Redemption #1)

When Sara Hardy inherits a cottage in the small town of Redemption, Connecticut, it is just the break she needs to draw a line under her past—to begin again, on her own.

Sara never thought she’d be starting over. She was married, successful, and the mother of a beautiful girl. But the life she thought was on the right path has taken a series of wrong turns…

Meanwhile Jake Ma
Published August 1st 2016 by Lake Union Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Saving Sara, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Sara

Cathy
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There is no better place for redemption than Redemption

There have been other books about people wounded by life and the healing power of love, but Nicola March has created a strong story with well developed characters, making Saving Sara a powerful read. Told from three distinct viewpoints, this book interweaves two love stories. I became totally wrapped up in this book and finished it only one day after receiving it in Goodreads giveaway. You should read it, too.
Kerry
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Saving Sara is a lovely read. Another book which has been waiting patiently on my kindle. I'm so glad I finally got around to reading it.
When we first meet Sara, she is attending a funeral. The funeral is for her 3 year old daughter, Lucy, which is just heart-breaking. We don't find out what happened straight away, but as well as losing her daughter, Sara's marriage is falling apart and she finds herself in Redemption, in a house left to her by her grandmother, in an attempt to heal.
Jake is also
Tarri
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Sara's daughter, Lucy, died, Sara withdrew from everything and eventually moved to her recently deceased grandmother's house in Redemption. When five-year old Olly's mom went into rehab for alcoholism, her brother, Jake, took Olly in, Fortunately for Olly, Jake had no idea what to do with a five-year old, so Jake called his aunt, Cilla in Redemption and asks if they can come for a visit.

This is their story of how they all begin to heal from tragedy and circumstances beyond their control.

Ol
Sherry Bledsoe
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A love story that read as real and not too sugary.......

A love story that read as real, to me, without all the over the top, sappy, sugary dialogue. It starts off terribly sad.....death of a toddler; end of one marriage; a mother with problems and entering rehab; a young and damaged 6 year old left with an Uncle who is also damaged by his childhood and a recent tragedy; a Great-Aunt who lived thru an abusive marriage but has been a widow for 20 years and whose daughter left for college about 25
Arlena

Rating: Five
Review:

"Saving Sarah" by Nicola Marsh

My Thoughts....

What I wonderful read! This emotional story will definitely pull at your heart. The characters from Sara, Jake, Aunt Cilla, Olly and Rose who will tough your heart and where they all will have to overcome something in their life and given a new chance at happiness. I found this read a beautiful story of 'hea
Jeanette
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very predictable story, but one that I really enjoyed. It made a welcoming change to read a novel that is easy going. Admittedly I did struggle with the first few pages, as wasn't sure where this story was going, but soon found myself unable to put the book down until finished. It is the first time that I have read any books by this author and shall look forward to reading more.

I received this book via Netgalley and this is my honest review.
Elise
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful story that ended as happily as it could.

The characters were realistic and endearing and I wanted the best for all of them. Especially Sara and Olly.

I loved the overarching message that family would always be there for you despite the troubles that these characters have had with their families.

A wonderful read that I finished in a couple of days once I actually got it started and would definitely recommend.
Melanie
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a lovely, heart warming story of love conquering all. The characters were adorable especially little Ollie. What a sweet, smart cheeky chappy he was! I really enjoyed this book and would definitely look out for further novels from this author. Thank you to netgalley for my copy in return for an honest review.
Jen
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful book of love lost and love found again. There are many kinds of love; the loss of a child, friendship, romantic, family, romantic love....all hurt when lost and hard to get over. More difficult still to find it again. Saving Sara is truly about Redemption. Highly recommend.
Joann
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sherry Bryant
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Both thinking their lives and chance of any happiness gone they struggle to try to find happiness with one another! Not one couple but two!
Adele
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, its the first book I have read from this author and found it to be a really nice easy read.
Katie(babs)
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Saving Sara is a tearjerker because of the subject matter regarding the hero and heroine. Both go through major losses, which they have to recover and heal from. There's also a great secondary May/December romance featuring the hero's aunt and a doctor almost twenty years younger then her, who once was friends with her daughter she barely talks to or sees. Contemporary Romance fans will mostly like enjoy this small town romance, but the romance between the main couple almost takes a back seat to ...more
Annie Miller
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story

You immediately root for the two couples and hope they can forgive themselves enough to let others in. Can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Resenha em português e inglês - Review in Portuguese and English
------------------------------------------------------------
ARC via netgalley para resenha honesta - ARC via netgalley to honest review
------------------------------------------------------------
Eu simplesmente adorei a história.
Os personagens enfrentam problemas e situações que alteraram suas vidas e os deixaram realmente muito desolados e sem saber como superar.
Isolamento, depressão, vícios e até mesmo a apatia fazendo com que os
Melodie
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy women's fiction
Recommended to Melodie by: NetGalley
Though not the breezy romance I expected having read other Nicola Marsh books, I very much enjoyed Saving Sara and the time I spent getting to know the characters in the book. In fact, by the end of the book I wondered in passing why it was called Saving Sara because so many of the characters were wounded or scarred and in need of healing. Appropriately enough, the book is set in the town of Redemption, Connecticut.

Sara Hardy has come to Redemption to regroup and heal a year after the death of
Karen Whittard
Saving Sara

This book starts with a very sad beginning. Sara is at the funeral of her 3 year old daughter. Her marriage has broken down and Sara's life is in a downward spiral. Sara doesn't know what to do and she doesn't know how to carry on.

If things couldn't get worse for Sara her grandmother dies and leaves her, her house in Redemption. Sara is in need of a clean break a new beginning and so decides to move into her grandmothers old house.

Meanwhile Jacks sister Rosie who is an alcoholic is
Rosemary K
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sara Hardy lost her child and her future. Her pain is crippling that she comes to Redemption, Connecticut. Here her memories of time spent with her gran make her think of happy times. Can she face a future without her little girl? Jake comes to town to ask his Aunt Cilla for help. He wants to connect with Olly, his nephew. Jake's life is filled with grief and guilt. He blames himself for a plane crash that killed all on board. Can he put his pain aside and help Olly adjust while his mother is in ...more
Sally Coles
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the start of the book Sara is at the funeral of her beautiful three year old daughter Lucy - her marriage has broken down and she does not know how to carry on - then her Grandmother leaves her her house in Redemption and she decides to go there and make a new life for herself

Jake is still reeling from the aftermath of an accident that he cant forgive himself for when he gets a call from his sister Rosie begging for his help with her six year old son Ollie - Rosie has alcohol problems and wan
Elize Heerden
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

It is very easy to give an honest review when the book is beautifully written and you can’t put it down. The characters pull you in and you share their heart aches with them.

It follows Sara Hardy who moves to Redemption after inheriting a cottage from her grandmother, this is her new beginning after what happened to her in the past. Sara never thought that she would start over. Introducing Jake Mathieson has a lot on his plate, d
Ann
After the loss of her child Sara felt she could return the the safety and security of Redemption Conn. where she spent many hours and days with her sweet grandmother. Sara hoping to rest and reflect
on where her life was going. What she didn't expect was Jake. Jake who had demons of his own and
a life that needed mending. This is a very sweet love story that shows through hope and reflection a
person can overcome what they believe to be the worst thing ever and how you can come out on the
other sid
Kathleen Gray
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
quick entertaining, heartfelt novel. I hadn't read Marsh before and given some of the blips in the book (locum, nattered, veg) was not surprised that she's an Aussie- great to have her books published here in the US because I'll be looking for her again. I was rooting for Sara and Jake but then Delivery Boy threw a slight and momentary curveball to make things more interesting. The Bryce=Cilla relationship- thumbs up for that one! Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. Recommend for a positive read wi ...more
Renee Wood
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The title may be Saving Sarah, but she is not the only one who needs saving. We meet several interesting people, each with their own need for some form of redemption. The stories are not maudlin, nor do they get bogged down in the details. I found myself laughing, or at least grinning quite often. The characters are interesting enough to keep you cheering them on or occasionally wanting to slap one upside the head. T ...more
Ann
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sara is starting a new life after a year of devastation and grief. Jake is feeling guilt and remorse as he and his nephew move to the small town of Redemption. Such a wonderful love story with lives intertwining and trust growing as they get to know each other and build their new lives. This series is a bright spot to enjoy and savor. Nicola Marsh has given us a series that I will look for and hope it's not too long between books.
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this form goodreads in exchange for a n honest review...

This book is a perfect summer beach read - a young man and his nephew wind up in a small Connecticut town hoping to heal and cope with their grief. They find an older aunt who seems to have all the answers and a beautiful woman next door hiding from her own grief.

Predictable at times but overall nice characters that you want to see succeed.
Beth
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once I read the first three chapters of this book and got all of the characters squared away in my mind, I sat back and was anxious to see how the story would weave all of them together. This story is a great combination of overcoming sadness & despair, with seeing the hope and potential for new life & new love. This was a quick read that I found myself reading through more quickly than I expected.
Sarah Lehman
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this story. Sara Hardy thought she had it all, a husband & a beautiful little girl. However, her life didn't go as planned so she went to Redemption Connecticut for a break, to rest.

Jake Mathieson is also battling some issues & goes to Redemption as he needs the help of his widowed Aunt Cilla who was battling her own demons.

These were characters that I could relate to & I enjoyed reading how they fought their demons & battles. Can't wait for the next book in this
Page
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Saving Sarah was not your typical chic lit love story. Told from a few different viewpoints, the characters were well developed and the story moved quickly. I felt invested in the two love stories that unfolded without the typical sap that often comes from the genre. I did feel frustrated a few times when it didn't feel like the story was moving, but was quickly sucked back in by some unpredictable events. This isn't just a light beach read, but a genuine love story you won't want to put down.
Judy
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, love these characters and the way this group of people spanning 3 generations, all feeling guilt, loss, and living isolated lives, are able to come together and help each other become whole. I will look for more books by Nicola Marsh.

I received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley.
Kerry Richardson
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good grown up story about Sara and Jake learning how to heal and live again after both being affected by different kinds of tragedy. I loved the supporting characters, Jake's nephew Olly was so cute and I particularly enjoyed the secondary romance for Jake's aunt Cilla with the younger doctor, Bryce, a real change to have an older woman/younger man. A great book and highly recommended.
  • In the Dark
  • The Proviso (Tales of Dunham, #1)
  • Ride To Temptation (The Rough Riders, #1)
  • Needing Me, Wanting You (Triple M, #3)
  • Dark Horse (Jim Knighthorse, #1)
  • The Immortal Collection
  • Time and Regret
  • Feels Like Home
  • The Devil's Work
  • Breaking and Holding
  • Unwritten (Rock Star Duet, #1)
  • Pursued by the Rogue (Fairy Tales of New York, #1)
  • A Midwinter Fantasy (Strangely Beautiful, #2.5; Sylph, #2.5; The Magic Knot, #3)
  • Caged (Caged, #1)
  • Die, Die Birdie (A Bird Lover's Mystery #1)
  • Deadly Vows (A Britton Bay Mystery #2)
  • Falling for a Cowboy (Rocky Mountain Cowboys #2)
  • The Spitfire Girls
USA TODAY bestselling and award-winning author Nicola Marsh writes flirty fiction with flair for adults.

She has published 64 books with Harlequin, Amazon Lake Union and indie, and sold over 7 million copies worldwide.

She currently writes women's fiction for Amazon's Lake Union imprint and steamy romance for Harlequin Dare.

Her first mainstream contemporary romance, BUSTED IN BOLLYWOOD released to r

Redemption (2 books)
  • Rescuing Rose (Redemption #2)