Start by marking “44 Gilmore Street (Psychic Surveys, #3)” as Want to Read:
44 Gilmore Street (Psychic Surveys, #3)

44 Gilmore Street

(Psychic Surveys #3)

"We all have to face our demons at some point." Psychic Surveys - specialists in domestic spiritual clearance - have never been busier. Although exhausted, Ruby is pleased. Her track record as well as her down-to-earth, no-nonsense approach inspires faith in the haunted, who willingly call on her high street consultancy when the supernatural takes hold. But that's all abou ...more
Published May 10th 2016 by Crooked Cat Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about 44 Gilmore Street, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Fiona Russell Yes could do with both. Ha ha xx

May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Huge thanks to Shani Struthers, Crooked Cat Publishing and NetGalley for this copy in exchange for an honest review.

While not as creepy as Rise to Me this still has that wonderful unsettling feeling to it.

More of a mystery to this one too, the storylines twist and move about and you can pick up on where they may be heading. We learn more about the back stories of the characters, Ness mostly this time, and it's done very well, as is all the writing about them all.

I still love Jed, he's w
Terry  (TBC)
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook Review

These books are so full of life and characters. They’re a mile a minute & the people in them are brilliant. Ruby who runs the business, Ness & Theo who balance things out, who if I’m honest are my favourite characters. The interactions are fab.
The story this time had a kick to it that really got me going! I didn’t expect it to go the way it did. Really good!!
The narrator was lovely, a calm voice that kept me interested. In fact I listen at work & talk during the sto
Sarah England
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have just finished reading Psychic Surveys Book 3 - 44 Gilmore Street - by Shani Struthers, and I have to say this is my favourite so far. My advice is to read the previous two first because there's a back story concerning the investigators themselves; and although each book stands alone you would miss out on their personal journeys, which are largely defined by their line of work. In particular, Ruby was badly affected in the 2nd book, 'Rise to Me' and that experience is carried into this one ...more
Mark Tilbury
A new case for the Psychic Surveys team and a soul that needs to move towards the light. Ruby receives a call about a case she's unsure about. It may be another string to her company's 'bow,' but something about it unsettles her. Meanwhile, she and the rest of the team begin trying to help a male spirit move on from 44 Gilmore Street who seems determined to stay.

The third in the series, this book builds upon the previous cases and more is learnt about the main characters as they begin there newe
Noelle Kelly
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Though not as dark and scary as the previous book in the series, this is just as enjoyable as we find out more about Ness, one of the side characters in the book. Ness is my favourite character, so I was delighted. We see relationships between the characters and their abilities strained after the events in Rise to Me. This features reincarnation and an awful haunting of a family house right in the eye of the media. I lived how both things were intertwined. This is a great read, but I think is be ...more
Julia Peet
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this third book from the Psychic Surveys series. I found it gripping reading with twists and turns, although I sort of guessed the connection between Ellie and the house (not wishing to spoil anything!), but even then, there was a twist that I wasn't expecting. Nevertheless, it was well written and fast moving by Shani Struthers and I am getting to love each character involved (especially Jed) as I have an adoration for dogs anyway! I have downloaded Jessamine and am looking for ...more
Natasha du Plessis
The books in this series are getting better and better. I like how we get to know the team better as well. When I started this series I thought what can you write about a haunted house... Well you will be as surprised as I was. I love the writing style and the great charaters.
Alicen Haire
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review and happy to give it. I have read the previous two novels to this series and loved them both. Although I think this particular novel could stand alone, it helps to have read the first two to gain a deeper understanding of the main characters. I didn't find this book to be as dark as the second one in the series although it faces some emotionally and socially challenging issues that the author writes with intelligence and sensitivity. I love the ...more
Louisa
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for a review so here is mine.
I have read all of Shani Struthers books and i have found that each book she writes has surpassed the last. This genre is not an easy one to get right as it touches on a subject that has many different personal view points, however for me this author manages to deal with this in a sensitive and intelligent manor.
This latest book is well written, has humour and sorrow with just the right amount of apprehension and thrill. I love the way
Heather Beyer
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Series!!

This is book 3 in the Psychic Surveys series.. It is not a standalone, and you will need to read the first 2 books to get the full depth of the story.

I absolutely loved this book! The whole series so far has been amazing, but this one has just hooked me! I could hardly put it down! I love how in depth the histories go, as well as the details on the hauntings the team encounters. I've always had a fascination with stories that are tied to places, and I get that with this series.
Book Monitor
Another interesting and page turning tale of the people and spirits in the world of Psychic Surveys. The characterisation is good and the mystery keeps you guessing, and trying to work out the whats and whys right up to the end.There are periods where things drag as the pacing seems a bit inconsistent but not to the point of skipping pages or skim reading and it could just be me.
Ruby is an interesting character, at times quite unlikeable, whiny and lacking in emotional intelligence and maturity,
Della Rainey
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another belter of a story from Shani Struthers. I absolutely devoured it and enjoyed every minute of it. The whole relationship of the Psychic Surveys team is captivating. The build up, the intensity, the vulnerability and the strength are brilliantly written. It even brought tears to my eyes. I would highly recommend it.
Joanna Gawn
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fabulous read!

Another great read featuring the Psychic Surveys team, one which completely absorbed me all the way through. It feels as though I could find Ruby, Cash, Theo, Jed and co in my own town, helping stranded souls to find the light ... not just between this world and the next, but within themselves, too. This one is my favourite so far ... up next, Old Cross Cottage!
Amy
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed

Yet again another amazing book by Shani Struthers. The in depth look into the characters helps brings her books to life. As I have said on previous reviews she has the ability to set a scene and create an atmosphere which really makes you get lost into the book. Truly great really do highly recommend this series! Can't wait for the rest!
Christy Taylor
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Wow. Very suspenseful right to the end. 5 stars really fits this book. I couldnt put the book down. Ready to move on to the next.
halie hartill
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read

I love this author. I gave it only four stars due to the fact i felt it was a little drawn out. This won't ,however, stop me reading the next book or any others in the future.
Debra gniadek
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What lovely book had me hooked all the way off to read more of your books

what a little book had me hooked all the way off to read more of your books can't get started
John Morris
A Good Read

This was Shani Struthers back to her best. A real page turner of a book, a gripping story with an unexpected end. Well recommended.
susan daniells
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And Shani hits another one out of the park again!

Shanis books are always a joy to read and a horror to have to put down!

Off to read the next book!
Margaret
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
sharon price
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg

Omg indeed what a book,full of unexpected twists at every cornour I'm enjoying this series of books.everybody needs a dog like Jed in their lives x
Andrea
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Best book yet loved evey second . Loved the whole series of psychic surveys . A must read . Excellent
Lorraine
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant. This is the third book in the series and I've really enjoyed all of them. Can't wait for the fourth one.
Heather
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is a good set of ghostly stories. Enough 'scary' to keep the suspense but you can still sleep at night.
Joy
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
44 Gilmore Street...
Though truly deserving of five stars there were many typos, and not because of some the differences in spellings between Britain's English and America's English.
That being said I thought it was very good. This series just keeps getting better. I really agreed with Ruby about some of the issues that were brought up with Ness, and do think that the others should've been a bit less dismissive of her feelings. Quite honestly without giving away anything I felt Ellie was acting k
Joyce
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another 5 star read from Shani, have loved all her books so far, if you like anything about ghosts of the supernatural you will love this and all her books,can't wait to read the next in this series to see what Ruby and co are up to.
Maria Beltrami
Inizia come un acchiappafantasmi: una giovane donna, proprietaria di un'apposita agenzia, si dedica alla disinfestazione delle molte case infestate di Londra e dintorni, poi, un giorno, succedono due cose. La prima: una di queste infestazioni si rivela particolarmente virulenta, con uno spirito che non ne vuole sapere di levare le tende e passare oltre. La seconda: una giovane donna contatta l'agenzia perché ritiene di essere un caso di reincarnazione, e riesce a far sì che ci si occupi del suo ...more
emma
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 star

I've read the psychic surveys book back to back, unable to put them down and this one didn't disappoint at all. The only downside is I know the next one is the last, well until spring anyhow!
Leanne Pert
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best of the series to date by far

I've read this series right from the 4 prequels to this book 3, and I must say they get better each time. I'll be starting book 4 very shortly
Karen
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought the Psychic Surveys books for my mum as she enjoys gentler stories and these fit the bill perfectly.

I guessed fairly early on that 44 Gilmore Street and Ellie were connected but initially couldn't figure out how. Whilst not as creepy as the previous two books it was still a good read so if you're looking for a contempory ghost story this one fits the bill.
  • The Ghost Club: Newly Found Tales of Victorian Terror
  • Lullaby (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #7)
  • Sinister Entity
  • J. S. Le Fanu's Ghostly Tales V1
  • Morning's at Seven (Pentecost, #1)
  • Three Cheers for Me (The Bandy Papers, #1)
  • Black by Rose (Eddie Collins, #2)
  • Raven's Ridge
  • The Silver Mist
  • Into the Night (Amsterdam Quartet,  #2)
  • Days of Atonement (Hanno Stiffeniis, #2)
  • Crime Rave
  • The Vampire of Highgate (Highgate, #1)
  • Can I Kiss Her Yet?: A True Tale of Love, Marriage... and Camels
  • Quanta Rewind (The Shadow Ravens, #4)
  • Wither's Rain (Wendy Ward, #2)
  • The Digital Wolf (The Hidden Academy, #2)
  • God's Play
It's all about the ghosts...

Here's the order my books come in:

Psychic Surveys Series:
Psychic Surveys Book Five: Descension
Psychic Surveys Book Six: Legion DUE SPRING 2019

Psychic Surveys Companion Novels:
Eve: A Psychic S

Psychic Surveys (5 books)
  • Eve: A Christmas Ghost Story (Psychic Surveys, #0.5)
  • The Haunting of Highdown Hall (Psychic Surveys, #1)
  • Rise To Me (Psychic Surveys, #2)
  • Old Cross Cottage (Psychic Surveys, #4)