Start by marking “Measuring the User Experience: Collecting, Analyzing, and Presenting Usability Metrics” as Want to Read:

Measuring the User Experience provides the first single source of practical information to enable usability professionals and product developers to effectively measure the usability of any product by choosing the right metric, applying it, and effectively using the information it reveals.

Authors Tullis and Albert organize dozens of metrics into six categories: performance,
Published March 1st 2008 by Morgan Kaufmann Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Measuring the User Experience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Measuring the User Experience

Start your review of Measuring the User Experience: Collecting, Analyzing, and Presenting Usability Metrics
Matej Latin
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ux
I really enjoyed reading this book. I must admit that I am a sort of a statistics geek. I always loved to get my hands dirty digging into statistical data. What I loved about this book the most is how well structured it is. It starts of explaining the basics and gets more into details in later chapters. The edition that I read has an additional chapter with case studies that put the theory into practice. I highly recommend this book to all UX designers. Start measuring your UX now!
Heidi
Nov 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Really well written and really clear. This book helped me to understand how to use metrics in usability testing, not being a statistician, I found a lot of these metrics confusing before I read this.
Christopher Lien
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: design
Not really one that you 'read' more useful to go over it all so you can reference it later. Great resource.
Victoria Zabuzova
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Very basic
Ben
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Useful resource in thinking about how to plan a usability study, and report out results.
Oscar
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: design
Read selected parts, nice book!
Kylie Upton
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good reference book for UX metrics.
Derek
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
a must read
Mike Hales
Jun 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Extremely useful set if processes and ideas that help bring shape to an area that us easily left to the subjective.
Cal
Mar 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Very informative. But definitely not my field in education.
Becky
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent and very easy to read. I devoured this book and actually read it all, unlike most nonfiction books that get picked at in random orders. Very useful.
Brad Dickason
Aug 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: web, user-interface
Really only worth it for people who haven't taken stat courses and haven't done any formal usability testing. Even then, read Steve Krug's "Don't Make Me Think."
Mark Opalski
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
lot's of useful tools and examples of how and when to use them
Derek Barnes
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Trying to increase my knowledge of 'usability metrics'. This book had a ton of great stuff in it. What types of tests to run, when to run them, how to crunch the numbers, etc.
Rebecca  Karasik
Adrian Lum
Aug 01, 2018

• UX for Lean Startups
  • About Face 3: The Essentials of Interaction Design
  • The Elements of User Experience: User-Centered Design for the Web (Voices (New Riders)
  • Handbook of Usability Testing: How to Plan, Design, and Conduct Effective Tests
  • The Design of Everyday Things
  • Observing the User Experience: A Practitioner's Guide to User Research
  • Lean UX: Applying Lean Principles to Improve User Experience
  • Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
  • Mapping Experiences: A Complete Guide to Creating Value Through Journeys, Blueprints, and Diagrams
  • Information Architecture for the World Wide Web: Designing Large-Scale Web Sites
  • Traction: A Startup Guide to Getting Customers
  • Lean Analytics: Use Data to Build a Better Startup Faster
  • The User Experience Team of One: A Research and Design Survival Guide
  • Thinking with Type
  • Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
  • The Mom Test: How to talk to customers & learn if your business is a good idea when everyone is lying to you
  • Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems
  • Agile Experience Design: A Digital Designer's Guide to Agile, Lean, and Continuous
“Usability plays a much wider role in our lives than most people realize. It’s not
just about using a website, a piece of software, or the latest technology. Usability is
about setting up a tent, relighting a furnace to heat a home, trying to figure out a
tax form, or driving an unfamiliar rental car. Usability impacts everyone, every day.
It cuts across cultures, age, gender, and economic class.”
0 likes