Start by marking “Live Wire (Nashville's Finest, #1)” as Want to Read:
Live Wire (Nashville's Finest, #1)

Live Wire (Nashville's Finest #1)

Caisey Quinn—author of the Neon Dreams romances—delivers the debut novel in an explosive new romantic suspense series...

HE’S NOT AFRAID OF ANYTHING…

Published March 7th 2017 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Live Wire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live Wire

♥Rachel♥
Jan 20, 2017 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Chase Fisk thought he lost the love of his life, Vivian Brooks, four years ago, shattering his heart into bits. When Vivian, now an FBI agent, shows up in Nashville assigned with his team to find the person intent on blowing up targets during a big music festival, Chase has the shock of his life. Can he put aside his anger, hurt and feelings of betrayal and work with her to stop this madman before he strikes?

Oh, the flood of so many conflicting emotions! My heart hurt for Chase and for
Caz
Mar 07, 2017 Caz rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, aar, mystery-thriller
I've given this a C- at AAR, so that's 2.5 stars

Live Wire is the first book in Caisey Quinn’s a Nashville’s Finest series, and with a blurb that promised a homicidal maniac threatening to set off military-grade IEDs during Nashville’s largest music festival,  and a rekindling romance between an explosives expert and his former lover, now an FBI agent, you’d think I was in for an action-packed, emotional rollercoaster of a ride, right?

Wrong.

Because Live Wire is, in fact, a damp squib.  There is
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review:

Unbelievable. I absolutely loved Live Wire. It was exciting, fast paced and a true romance. Chase and Vivian had me from the beginning and didn’t let me go.

Nashville … my dream vacation spot. And, CMA Music Festival. Yes! But, blow it up? Hell, no! Chase Fisk was my hero just for that. But, my personal feelings about Nashville aside, Chase was a hero living in a shell of a life. Yes, he went on after losing his one true love and he lived with that reality every day. How was he sup
Christina
Mar 06, 2017 Christina rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 3 Flames

Finally! After reading the Prequel to this series, I was DYING to find out what the heck was going to happen to these two.

Chase has been haunted for four years. He's been having reoccurring nightmares about the day he watched Viv blow up when he was her CO. Although he's tried to get over her, drunken nights and one night stands just couldn't cut through the love he had for Viv. And suddenly.....BAM! What's that? Is his mind playing tricks on him? Nope. Viv is back from the de
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 14, 2017 Mandi Schreiner rated it liked it
Shelves: rom-suspense
This fell a little short for me. The romance went from 0% to 100% too fast. And the suspense wasn't my favorite. I was hoping for a more cracky read.

Full review coming
Emma
Mar 08, 2017 Emma rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-wishlist
Live Wire picks up four years after the devastating ending in Lit Fuse. Live Wire starts with powerful tension and doesn't let up at any point, utterly gripping.

Viv is now working for the FBI after spending a number of years undercover to bring down the threat to herself and the people she cares for. All the time she has had to sacrifice her happiness for safety she held onto hope that she could return to Chase. The reasons for the lack of reunion are initially withheld and create a different k
Mar 04, 2017 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

Chase and Vivien were together years ago, and then she was killed and he has never gotten over her death...yet, she isn't dead.

I loved the second chance romance, complicated by the jobs they each had to do and the past that was coming back to haunt them. I thought Ms. Quinn handled the balance of this well. Yes, there was a past between them, but there was also a bomber to catch, so there was the need to do their best to put the past aside, to foc
Sophia
After the stunning conclusion in the prequel, Lit Fuse, there was just no keeping me away from Live Wire. I had to see what came of this pair when he thought she died in an explosion and she stayed away long after the need to stay in hiding was over. Whew! This was indeed a live one like the title calls it. This new exciting series focusing on members of the Nashville PD and their intense cases and lives makes me pretty happy about the new romantic suspense on the block.

The prequel was a good in
Sandy S
Mar 10, 2017 Sandy S rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 7, 2017

HE’S NOT AFRAID OF ANYTHING…

Explosive ordinance disposal specialist Chase Fisk never breaks a sweat defusing even the most complicated of explosives. So when a homicidal maniac threatens to set off military-grade IEDs during Nashville’s largest music festival, Chase is the man to take him down. But with the reappearance of a woman he thought was long dead, everything he thought he knew is blown away.

EXCEPT LOSING HER AGAIN.

FBI operative Vivien M
Dísir
The threat of an imminent explosion at an immensely popular music festival brings Chase Fisk and Vivien Montgomery back together again and with it, the roiling emotions that had both tied up in knots for years when things ended on an unexpectedly tragic note.

‘Live Wire’ is much shorter than I’d expected and as a continuation of ‘Lit Fuse’ that detailed both Chase’s and Viv’s history four years earlier, wastes no time at all in reuniting estranged protagonists and pulling them together—in a rath
Kate's Corner
Mistakes, simple, impulsive, random mistakes- one infinitesimal misstep could destroy every-fucking-thing in the blink of an eye. But what if everything wasn’t what it seemed and you get a second chance?

Chase Fisk is one of Nashville’s Finest. He is a fine specimen although he is alive and if things had gone differently then he might not have been. He works and that is all he has done for the past four years. After the death of the love of his life Vivien Brooks.

Vivien Brooks now Montgomery had
RemiV Foliage
Mar 04, 2017 RemiV Foliage rated it liked it
*I've received this book as an ARC from Berkley Publishing Group through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

three stars!!!

Consider this your first and final warning.  Next time she won't return from the dead.

After I read the synopsis, I decided to read this book.  A crime novel?  Cops?  And Feds?  Sounds exciting!

As you might already know, I'm a huge fan of crime shows!  Yes.  I watch/watched a lot of crime shows like Castle, CSI, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, Psych, Grimm...

When I was
Desirae (Dee)
Feb 01, 2017 Desirae (Dee) rated it really liked it
*arc received from the author for an honest review*

I am a huge Caisey Quinn fan. I think I've read all her books, usually as soon as they come out. She is one of the authors I'm down for with new releases. Gotta get my grabby little hands on her books. I did the same with this one. I had to read it asap and I'm glad I did. I am such a sucker for a second chance romance .

I felt like I was reading a CSI book, or SVU or something. It is crime drama and romance tied together. Talk about surprise le
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Loved reading the conclusion to Chase and Vivien's story. Though it seems like I've read something very similar before...I'm still trying to place it. But all together, it was a good story and I looked forward to more from this series. Review to come....
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I’m not even gonna lie, I started off wanting to throw this book (or more specifically my iPad with the book on it) across the room. My jaw hit the floor when I read Vivien was dead. I was furious. I quickly closed it out, went to Goodreads and read the blurb and realized that I wasn’t going to have to give the book up after all. Vivien was alive and well, even if Chase didn’t know it yet. But boy, did that first chapter get my heart beating. (Th
Kaisa
Hmmm...

Usually I love and adore any story from this author, so I'm a bit confused as to why I'm not grinning stupidly with happiness now.

Live Wire is a good story. It's fluent, fast paced, sweet and entertaining. The characters are still good, and I enjoyed the way they handled themselves and each other.

I guess I would have just liked to know a bit more about the precinct in general, about the dynamics between the cops in general. Now the story felt like it had been written out of order and w
Cheryl
Mar 22, 2017 Cheryl rated it liked it
Chase has been living with the pain of the past. The past love he had and lost. It's been four years and he believes that Vivian died and left him broken hearted. Then the city he has sworn to protect, Nashville, is under attack by a terrorist bomber and in walks a ghost from his past...his beautiful Viv...the FBI agent...wtf?? That is basically his reaction.
How does Viv show Chase what happened and how it happened while they are both working under the threat of the city being blown to smithere
Stacey Hashimoto
Feb 10, 2017 Stacey Hashimoto rated it liked it
3.75 stars for Live Wire by Caisey Quinn!

Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
Live Wire completes Viv and Chase's story and follows them to Nashville, TN.

I really enjoyed their story and how they came together again despite everything from their past. I can't wait for more in the series!!
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
My very first book by this author and I loved it. Full review to come.
Kim Perry
Mar 07, 2017 Kim Perry rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, harlequinjunkie
Suzanne
Mar 23, 2017 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Good. Not great. I like the characters. The suspense was pretty good too. Will check out the next one.
Christie72
Wow! I had no idea when I read the synopsis how good this book was going to be! It started from the very first pages! Chase is an EOD specialist for the Nashville PD. He has to find a twisted perp who is threatening to blow up the city he loves, and if anyone can find him, it’s Chase. He has no idea how this case will change his whole life. What will he do when the only woman he has loved and thought was dead shows back up to work the case with him? Yeah, an explosion of another kind!

Chase owned
Becca
Feb 25, 2017 Becca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caisey Quinn delivers an explosive, action-packed second chance romance with Live Wire, the first novel in her Nashville’s Finest series. After meeting Chase and Vivien in the prequel novella Lit Fuse, I was addicted. I knew I needed more of this badass couple and Caisey Quinn definitely didn’t disappoint. Sizzling, heart pounding, and full of feels, Live Wire was everything I’d hoped it would be and so much more. From their intensely emotional reunion to the delightfully satisfying conclusion, ...more
Judy
Mar 15, 2017 Judy rated it it was amazing
After reading the beginning of Chase and Vic's story in Lit Fuse, the ending has Ed me waiting anxiously for Live Wire, I wasn't disappointed. There was suspense, love with tasteful sex scenes.
Crystal Spieker
Mar 04, 2017 Crystal Spieker rated it it was amazing
Wow this book!! So, I read the blurb and thought I knew what I was getting into. I had no idea how intensely I'd be drawn in and invested in this book! This is one that has everything I love and then some! Hot military man/cop? Check! Great romance for the ages? Check! Suspense and twists? Check!

I don't think there was anything about this story I didn't love! It is my first read by Caisey Quinn but it most definitely will not be my last! Can't wait for the next book!!

Vivien is the bad A woman
FMR Book Grind
Feb 27, 2017 FMR Book Grind rated it liked it
STACY'S REVIEW
3.75 STARS

This story starts off with loss... Chase has gone through a tragedy he can't shake and suffers from nightmares and tremors from the death of his love Vivien. But little does he know she never really died and their paths cross after years of her fake death. This is a CSI kinda book and Chase realizes she's alive and they have to work together on a case...can Chase work with Vivien after all the years...can he forgive her and is their love still there???? So much happens bu
Tracie Runge
Feb 18, 2017 Tracie Runge rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
I enjoyed Live Wire this story continues from Lit Fuse. I like the storyline and how Chase and Viv’s past were dealt with and weren’t dragged throughout the book. I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Michelle Monroe
Jan 28, 2017 Michelle Monroe rated it it was amazing
*review to come soon*
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Romance Writer fueled by coffee, music, and love. Bestselling author of the Kylie Ryans series.

I love hearing from readers and other writers, and those freaky hybrids like myself! You can email me at caiseyquinn @ gmail (dot) com or follow me on Twitter @CaiseyQuinn. You can find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCaisey...
More about Caisey Quinn...

Nashville's Finest (2 books)
  • Deadly Retribution (Nashville's Finest, #2)