Start by marking “Dead Write (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Dead Write (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #3)

Dead Write

(Forensic Handwriting Mystery #3)

Lowe wins readers over with her well-developed heroine and the wealth of fascinating detail on handwriting analysis."-Booklist Sheila Lowe's mysteries "just keep getting better," [American Chronicle] thanks to feisty forensic handwriting expert Claudia Rose, who knows that when it comes to solving a murder, sometimes the pen can be mightier than the sword.Claudia heads to ...more
Published May 25th 2016 by Suspense Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dead Write, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Write

Susan Pettrone
Feb 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Claudia begins her story, driving at the unbelievable time of pre-dawn, heading for a faux news show where she would be interviewed about handwriting analysis and how it works. True, Claudia was happy she was asked to do this interview but the early morning hour was just not her time. Thankfully the interview was short and Claudia was back in her car and headed towards home in no time.

As she drives, her phone rings. Baroness Grusha Olinestsky, world wide matchmaker to the rich and famous request
Roger
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
My third read from author Sheila Lowe and the third book in the Forensic Handwriting Series. Good, well-written mystery, even better than the first two books. The characters likable & attention holding. The plot and the sub-plot were both well-developed. I'll definitely be reading more in this series.
Kimberly
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting mystery in the series. If you are interested in graphoanalysis, you will enjoy the tidbits of info about this profession spread throughout the novel.
Bonnie C Myers
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I read the first book and was instantly hook. I have to finish the series. The book is can be read as stand-alone and is still good. You'll be guessing until the end.

Monie
Jul 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After completing an interview giving her thoughts on the latest misbehaving celebrity, handwriting expert Claudia Rose received a call from a potential new client. Baroness Grusha Olinetsky owner of Elite Introductions would like to hire Claudia to analyze the handwriting of her wealthy clients to ensure good matches.

The Baroness quickly gets Claudia on a plane to New York from California and once she starts reviewing the client files, Claudia sees more than a few red flags that cause her concer
Martha Cheves
Jan 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Dead Write - Review by Martha A. Cheves, Author of Stir, Laugh, Repeat

'His choice of pen had already told Claudia something about him. Even before she began to analyze the handwriting, she knew that he cared about the way things looked, that he had an eye for color and texture. And it was unnecessary for her to read the text of what he had written to understand what the symbolism meant in terms of the movement of the writing across the paper, the spatial arrangement, the writing form.'

Claudia Ro
Betty
Dead Write by Sheila Lowe

I have always found forensics of any type interesting and this forensic handwriting mystery did not let me down. Well-formed plot and characters, with suspense building throughout the book. This is the third in the Claudia Rose series by Sheila Lowe, but the first I have read. There are a few hints here and there that bring the reader up to date without going into a lot of repetition for those who have read the previous books.

On the strength of a television interview, Cl
Carlin
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had already read #4, 2, and 1 in this series (in that order) before I read this one, #3. Although I would have preferred reading them in order each book was almost a stand-alone novel and I enjoyed them all. As in #1, I had to overlook poor editing in this book to lose myself in the story, but it was worth it. It would been a 5* rating if not for the editing.

This book took place in New York where Claudia Rose had traveled at the behest of Grusha Olinsky a woman who wanted Claudia to analyze th
Patricia
Aug 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Claudia Rose, a handwriting expert, agrees to make an appearance on Hard Evidence, a television shows that airs nationally. Claudia is just leaving the studio when she receives a call on her cell phone from Baroness Grusha Olinetsky. Grusha is requesting that Claudia fly immediately to New York to analyze the handwriting of some of Grusha’s clients in her matchmaking club. Claudia agrees to do the analysis by mail but Grusha is insisting that she must come to New York.

Claudia is reluctant to lea
VJ
Not realizing this was third in a series, I picked this book up during a whirlwind trip to the library. Fifteen minutes to come up with a handful of readable books isn't much...especially when I normally spend upwards of two hours browsing!

I chose this book because I've been interested in graphology for awhile now. I've always been interested in details. My grandfather was an engineer and every time I see handwriting that resembles his, it invariably belongs to either an engineer or someone who
NaTaya Hastings
I received a copy of this book through First Reads giveaways, and I have to say, I'm very glad that I did. Despite the fact that this book is third in a series -- and I haven't read the first two -- I had no trouble falling into the story and understanding what was going on. When I entered the giveaway for the this book, I was terribly ambivalent about being selected as one of the winners because I felt that a book calling itself "A Forensic Handwriting Mystery" had the potential to either be ve ...more
Darcy Odden
Aug 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is author Sheila Lowe's third installment in her Forensic Handwriting Series with Claudia Rose, a Los Angeles graphologist or handwriting expert. I had not read the first two books in the series and had no trouble catching up with what had happened in Claudia's past.

Fresh off the heels of a close call with murder, Claudia is invited to New York to analyze handwriting samples for Baroness Grusha Olinetsky, a Russian woman who owns a matchmaking service. Claudia finds herself in the middle of
Patty
Aug 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Handwriting analysis Claudia Rose is at it again, fighting crime while doing her day job of checking handwriting submitted by her clients. In this episode Claudia is asked to go to New York (she lives in LA) to consult with a matchmaking agency. While not thrilled with the idea Claudia also needs some space from her lover Jovanic and teenager Annabelle who is now living with her. Baroness Grusha seems to be keeping secrets and the handwriting samples all have some very strange features. When Cla ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This book was a great change in locations from Los Angeles, CA to New York City, NY. This added an extra dimension to this excellent series.

Although our main sleuth, hand writing expert, Claudia Rose, keeps in touch with all our familiar characters, she bridges over to another new set via the despised charlatan, Andy Nicholson. The new characters are vividly portrayed and immediately you sense Claudia should have stayed home among the palms.

This story revolves around a high-end dating club. Wher
Nancy
Oct 31, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Enjoyable so far. Recommended by an author friend named Brian Lowe (although no relation to the author, he has met her).

... I finished the book and as much as I'd love to give it a glowing review, I'm afraid I can't. The premise had promise--graphologist Claudia Lowe is summoned from L.A. to New York to help the eccentric owner of an exclusive dating service because clients are dying.

The delivery was disappointing. It just wasn't believable, maybe because a lot of details were glossed over, or
Danie
Oct 11, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: myst-thrill
It was just dead wrong. There had been so much progress in characterization in "Written in Blood". The characters who were supposed to be likable almost were. But this story, in terms of the writing, seems like it was actually written before "Written in Blood".

The story is about a dating service whose clients aren't doing well when it comes to staying alive. Claudia Rose goes to New York City where the service is based, (headed by a quite unique character, I'll give Ms. Lowe that, she doesn't co
Dee
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Claudia Rose, handwriting expert, gets an invitation to come to New York and help a renowned matchmaker make sure there are no hidden secrets in her clients personalities. As Claudia gets to work on some files she has been handed, she finds that two of the women and one man have died and wonders why she has received their files. So Claudia starts investigating, although she keeps telling herself to just do her job and let it go. The more she gets into all the people involved in the matchmaking b ...more
Sylvia McIvers
What does your handwriting say about you? It’s all about potential, says forensic handwriting expert Claudia Rose. After her short segment on TV, a New York matchmaker calls her up to help screen potential clients.

Then one of said clients turns up dead. And he’s not the first one. Will the handwriting tell the tale? Not really. Handwriting can show that a person has a bad temper, that a person was abused as a child, that a person is a tremendous egotist, or that a person desperately needs others
Sara
Apr 14, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure which this in the series, which is a problem. What book is first, what book is this? I want to read it in order.

Claudia Rose accepts a positon interpreting client handwriting for an infamous NY matchmaker. The matchmaker herself is odd and no one has even seen her handwriting. Claudia soon discovers some red flags in the files she is given to analyze. And, beyond that Claudia learns that several clients whose files she is reading are dead. Who is the killer and who will be the next vict
Amy Paget
Handwriting expert Claudia Rose heads to the Big Apple at the behest of Grusha Olinetsky, the notorious founder of an elite dating service whose members are mysteriously dying. Drawn into the feckless lives of the rich and single, Claudia finds herself in a twisted world of love and lies fueled by desperation. But is one among them desperate enough to kill? A very light read. One of those 'occupational' mysteries wherein lots (and perhaps too many) of the author/lead character's work fuels the p ...more
Sheli Ellsworth
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lowe’s character, Claudia Rose, takes us on a roller-coaster of fast paced twists and turns in this murder mystery. Anyone who has ever considered using a dating service will be fascinated by the science behind it. Set in the elite world of NY matchmaking, clients pay $100K for the services of the esoteric Baroness Grusha Olinestsky. Rose’s own complicated love life is the subplot to her equally complicated one as a professional handwriting analyst. Read it for an engaging weekend in the Big App ...more
Stacy
Mar 04, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries, kindle
It's quite possible I wasn't in the proper mood for this book, but I really could not get into Dead Write. I've read the previous two books in this series but found that I just didn't care about the characters and could not stomach reading any more dialogue from Grusha. The handwriting analysis part of the story was interesting but after trying to hang in there, I finally gave up less than half way through and flipped to the end to see how it turned out.
Kelly Roll
Unfortunately I had too many questions about why so many different people would confide in a handwriting expert as well as why her matchmaker employer would hire such obviously defective employees that I kept being pulled out of the story. The rationale for the murders was also unbelievable. I did enjoy the factoids about analyzing handwriting however.
Lisa
Apr 20, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy, mystery
Fun! Not as good as the 2nd installment, but it was still entertaining. Dragged a bit in the middle, and I felt kept in the dark at the beginning. Ends with a bang! I would love to have my handwriting analyzed!
Carol Nemecek
Disappointing!

After enjoying the first book in this series, I was extremely disappointed in this one. This story was not as cleanly written or enjoyable. And the publishers editing was atrocious as well.
Karen
May 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i love sheila lowe forensic handwriting series series . i am very interested in forensics. i also have interest in graphology which is what sheila lowes books are all about. they grab my attention from the beginning.
Ann
Feb 20, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a gift book but after reading it I will try to find her first 2 (Poison Pen and Written in Blood). I guess I didn't realize how legit being a handwriting analyst is.
Rosalee
Jun 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading it... Grusha is an interesting character to say the least!
Terry
Oct 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third in the Claudia Rose series, Sheila Lowe is coming into her own as a mystery writer. I can't wait for the 4th which she says is finished but not yet published. Keep it up, Sheila.
Jeanne
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And off she goes to NYC--whodunit mixed with forensic handwriting education---I would recommend reading the series in order to get the most enjoyment!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Old Scores (The Chris Norgren Mysteries, #3)
  • Bone Hunter (Em Hansen Mystery, #5)
  • Death, Guns, and Sticky Buns (Tori Miracle, #3)
  • Ravenmocker (Molly Bearpaw, #1)
  • A Ghost of a Chance (A Shannon Delaney Paranormal Mystery #1)
  • Forget to Remember (Carol Golden, #1)
  • The Night Visitor (Charlie Moon, #5)
  • You've Got Murder (Turing Hopper, #1)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Gregor Demarkian, #11)
  • Death of a Rug Lord (Den of Antiquity, #14)
Mom to a tattoo artist and a rock star, Sheila is a real-life forensic handwriting examiner who writes the award-winning Forensic Handwriting mystery series.
Sheila's books, which feature handwriting expert, Claudia Rose, are decidedly not cozy, so if you find some profanity and a little violence disturbing you may want to pass. But if you enjoy stories of psychological suspense that explore the p

Forensic Handwriting Mystery (7 books)
  • Poison Pen (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #1)
  • Written in Blood (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #2)
  • Last Writes (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #4)
  • Inkslingers Ball (Forensic Handwriting Mystery, #5)
  • Outside the Lines (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #6)
  • Written Off (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #7)