Start by marking “Midnight Target (Killer Instincts, #8)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Target (Killer Instincts, #8)

Midnight Target

(Killer Instincts #8)

From the New York Times bestselling author of The Score and Midnight Revenge...

Four years ago, Cate’s entire life changed when she discovered she was the daughter of a supersoldier. But Jim Morgan’s overprotectiveness has pushed her away. These days, she’s working as a freelance photographer and living the dangerous life Jim never wanted for her.

When Cate snaps a photo l
Published April 25th 2017 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Target, please sign up.
Lynsey A To clarify it is Sullivan & Liam and Cate & Ash. She says this is going to be a long one since there are two full romance stories to tell. …moreTo clarify it is Sullivan & Liam and Cate & Ash. She says this is going to be a long one since there are two full romance stories to tell. (less)
Hazel Unfortunately it is the last book in the series. :( Elle announced it in one of her newsletters. I am seriously bummed because she is one of a few aut…moreUnfortunately it is the last book in the series. :( Elle announced it in one of her newsletters. I am seriously bummed because she is one of a few authors I can rely on for a great romantic suspense.(less)

Start your review of Midnight Target (Killer Instincts, #8)
.Under the pages
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review available at Under the Pages.

description
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾

She should be used to his rejection by now. She really should be. But she wasn’t, damn it. No, David Ashton still had the power to hurt her, more than anyone else she knew.

FINALLY! After what felt like the longest wait ever, we get the story for Ash and Cate, and Sully and Liam. And while you can read this book as a standalone, I highly recommend reading the series in order to truly appreciate the many intricacies, plot and character developments. A lot of the characters are introduc
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.25 stars!

What a thrilling, action packed ride!!

Midnight Target is about Cate, the daughter of a famous mercenary. When she was seventeen she met her father, and while he would do anything to protect her, he doesn’t want her in the same life as his. Cate has since dropped out of a college and become a freelance photographer. She’s working for a reporter on a story in South America when she captures something dangerous on film, and then finds her life in danger.

Cate’s father comes to save he
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

4 Last Action Pack Stars

Midnight Target is a standalone and is part of the Killer Instinct series. You really can read these books out of order. I read the last three and I will go back and read the others.

These are action based, meaty books with alpha Heroes and sometimes (most of the time) alpha Heroines too. Think strong, independent women!

Midnight Target is the last book in the series, so it kind of ties out the ENTIRE series. There are a lot of characters in the book, but it only makes
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤4.5-5 stars❤

Such a brilliant story!Midnight Target is an incredible mix of plot twists, action, suspense and two hot romances with the perfect amount of angst.

description

We have Cate with Ash and Sully with Liam!!I loved that Elle managed to fit perfectly the two romances. Both romance are hot and intense.

I find it addictive,and now I'm more eager to read the rest books of this series!!If you are looking for a fast paced,hot with action read this book was perfect!

♥Rachel♥
Cate, Morgan’s daughter, quit college and moved onto photography, taking her all over the world, much to Morgan’s disappointment. He wanted Cate to stay in college, graduate, meet a nice (boring) man, and settle down. Morgan didn’t want his mercenary soldiers anywhere near his daughter. Unfortunately for Mogan, years at the compound meant that Cate formed a friendship and powerful attraction to the youngest merc of his team: David “Ash” Ashton. They got each other, connecting as friends before t ...more
Geri Reads
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!

Non-stop, heart-thumping action and emotionally nuanced romance involving not just one but two couples made Midnight Target my favorite in the series. Elle Kennedy has outdone herself again.

Sully & Liam -- Ugh. Emotionally satisfying and just the best in terms of emotional rewards. Readers of this series have been looking forward to their story as I was. I was a little worried that they might not get the same page time as Cate and Ash or that their story might get lost in all the act
Jo
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All fans of this series.

4.5 stars. What a perfect ending to this excellent series!

Cate is the perfect replica of her badass father Jim Morgan, stubborn and feisty and with a love of adventure and adrenaline. She’s only 21 but the first 17 years of her life wasn’t easy, raised by her criminal grandfather and spending years seeing her mother, bedridden and brain-dead but kept alive by machines until Jim found her. There’s always been something between her and her father’s newest mercenary David “Ash” Ashton, but he

1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bullets and love go hand in hand…

I couldn’t wait for another instalment of Killer Instincts! Sully and Liam had me at the edge of my seat and my heart a mess. And then they just left me like that. Just left me! They’re back now though, along with Cate and Ash and the rest of this amazing family of the heart! A unique mix of suspense, nail-biting excitement and love means each story in this series has been a knock-out punch to the heart and the stomach… And this was stellar!

“He’d missed the ca
Lisa
Aug 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
 photo tumblr_n7hn54zhHa1r8mq9ao1_250.gif

13/8/16:

Blurb from Elle Kennedy's website (with my comments in Bold)

Four years ago, Cate’s entire life changed when she discovered she was the daughter of a supersoldier. But Jim Morgan’s overprotectiveness has pushed her away (bitch no what the fuck???). These days, she’s working as a freelance photographer and living the dangerous life Jim never wanted for her.

When Cate snaps a photo linking a corrupt South American politician with the leader of a notorious drug cartel, her mercenary fath
Jessica B.
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Early reading is a serious work perk. ALSO THIS SERIES IS THE BEST AND THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD AND A PERFECT ENDING AND #LIAMANDSULLYFOREVER.

Everyone go binge the first seven books so we can flail over this one together.
Kim
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, 4-5-stars
Well, we have come to the finale of the Killer Instincts series and we are finally going to see resolution for two couples that we have followed for several books. In what might be the team's most important and dangerous operation to date, it will require all hands on deck.

Cate Morgan and David "Ash" Ashton...
Cate has been in love with Ash since she was seventeen years old. And despite their eight year age difference, Ash has always had feelings for her as well. But she is the daug
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Midnight Target was the eighth book in the Killer Instincts series by Elle Kennedy.

Cate Morgan was the beautiful, strong willed, feisty and smart daughter that Jim Morgan had searched for seventeen years (Midnight Action, book five). They finally had a father/daughter relationship and he wanted only the best for her, which meant he wanted her to have nothing to do with his mercenaries for hire company that he ran with his wife. He wanted her safe, always. But Cate wanted the thrill seeking lifes
Hollis
One of these days she was going to tie him down, though what she was going to do with him once she had him secured, she wasn't sure. Either fuck him or kill him. Maybe both.

MIDNIGHT TARGET is a book a lot of fans of the Killer Instincts series have been waiting a long time for. And Kennedy didn't disappoint. Having dropped out of college and separated herself from her father's influence, Cate travels to Guatana as a freelance photographer with a journalist-friend. And it's there that she ends up
Jaime Arkin
I honestly was worried… how would Elle Kennedy give us the two full stories in one book and make them as amazing as the previous seven books in this series? I honestly didn’t think it was possible.
Consider me wrong.

I have been waiting since I started this series to get Liam and Sully’s story so when I found out it would also be Ash and Cate’s story, I felt slightly cheated. Like why can’t we just get two more books? But all my worries were mostly for nothing.

Cate, Jim’s daughter, has been liv
Jessica
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Elle Kennedy can write in any genre and I'm going to read it. I fell in love with her Killer Instincts series when I picked up Midnight Pursuits and I have devoured every book since. I can't believe this is the end of the series and I couldn't wait to see what would happen with my favorite mercenary crew.

Cate has grown up watching her mother suffer as she was kept alive by Cate's grandfather. Four years ago, though, Cate's life changed when she was united with her father Jim Morgan. As the lead
ASHLAYANNE
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

I think this is the first book of the year I have given five stars to. This book tied two couples, as well as the original team perfectly. We had double the romance, double the mystery, double the action. I really couldn't have asked for a better book. This one sounded like the last one of the series, which I'm so incredibly sad about. I hope she continues but there's no more characters really to further the story, BUT I'M STILL GOING TO HOLD OUT HOPE BECAUSE DAMN. No one writes about a
Sophia
The final book in the series. Finally get Liam and Sully's story. Sigh... could not wait. Cate and Ash? Okay, sure, I'm game.

Now that I've read it, I really do wish these two stories were given separate books. Sadly, the only reason I took much enjoyment was because I was desperate to get the culmination of Liam and Sully's story. Ash was pretty good as a hero, too. Cate... more on that in a minute.

This is a book that really doesn't work well out of order. It's wrapping up an exciting series abo
Under the Covers Book Blog
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
We've come to the end of the Killer Instincts and I'm not going to lie. There might've been a tear or two shed about that. I still remember picking up the first book on a whim when it first came out, having never read this author before, and falling for both the group of men and women in it. Badass all around. And one of my favorite romantic suspense series nowadays, one I always recommend. And it's all coming to an end. Reading MIDNIGHT TARGET was bittersweet. It's the final chapter, even w ...more
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

To say I had high hopes for Midnight Target would be a ridiculous understatement. THIS is the book I've been waiting on since I really started to pick up on the spark between Liam and Sully. After being teased book after book, after having them apart, I wanted, no NEEDED, the payoff in this book. And it needed to be damn good. It was everything I wanted it to be and more. While Liam and Sully were the pairing I was really waiting on, I have to
Krissys
Midnight Target (Killer Instincts #8) by Elle Kennedy

Author: Elle Kennedy
Title: Midnight Target
Series: Killer Instincts
Cover Rating:

Book Rating:

Buy This Book:

Four years ago, Cate’s entire life changed when she discovered she was the daughter of a super soldier. But Jim Morgan’s over protectiveness has pushed her away. These days, she’s working as a freelance photographer and living the dangerous life Jim never wanted for her.When Cate snaps a photo linking a corrupt South American politic
Stephanie • Ideally Inspired
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I can always count on an Elle Kennedy book to get me out of a reading slump! Midnight Target was SO GOOD, I was finding it hard (*snickers*) to put it down. These books just keep getting better and better; fans of this series will love this one.

The Killer Instincts books are perfect if you're looking for something action-packed and steamy, with well-written characters that will keeping you eagerly turning the page.

Even if you're not normally a reader of romantic suspense, you'll find that thes
Kimberly
My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/04...

Midnight Target hits the ground running and never lets up. Emotions are high, sexual tension runs hot, and the action is top-notch. As the final book in the Killer Instincts series, the stakes are bigger than ever with the full force of Jim’s mercenaries and Noelle’s chameleons all out for blood when Jim is critically wounded. Elle Kennedy definitely knows how to send her badass heroes and heroines off in style,
Alison
Unequivocal five stars!

Oh wow! So often the final book in the series is a leetle bit of a let down, too much of an ensemble curtain call and not enough plot - not this time. Elle Kennedy has knocked it out of the park with the finale to what has been a fantastic series.

We get not one but two romances, both of which have been brewing for some time and both of which are totally perfect.

We get a totally evil baddie who scared the c&%p out of me, he was really vicious and nasty and so were the rest
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
Midnight Target follows two couples, and that really worked because the novel was long enough to make sure each couple got their time to shine.
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
I wanted to love this book because I love this series and I've been looking forward to Liam and Sully's story for so long and that's probably why I ended up really disappointed. I've really enjoyed almost all of the characters in this series but there was always something special about Liam and Sully. read the book with the beginning of their relationship before I'd every even thought of dipping my toes into the M/M world and yet I loved them and really wanted more. In fact I think it was becaus ...more
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

Midnight Target was one of my most anticipated reads of 2017 and this book met every single one of my expectations. I absolutely loved this book and it is one of my favorites of the series. This book delivered everything I have come to love about this series.

Cate and Ash had fantastic chemistry and I adored them together. Cate has become such a formidable force and I adored her. She is strong and feisty and takes no crap from anyone. And Ash is jus
Nicole P
O-M-G!! I can't believe it's over!!! Hands down this is one of my Top 5 favourite series of all time. And now it's all over. Damn you Elle Kennedy! I want to live my life forever in Jim and Noelle's world. If you haven't read the other books in the series I suggest you stop reading. Back track and catch up. Every damn book I fell more in love with each character. And now that it's over I feel bereft and sad. Damn you Elle Kennedy!

Ms Kennedy said from the get go this would the last book in the se
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, romance
It was nice seeing all the characters from this romantic suspense series in the story about two favorite couples and when there was action is was exciting but most of this book was about the angst within the couples and it got repetitive. The flashbacks could have been left out. All of Jim Morgan's team including Liam, Sully and Ash come together to save their leaders daughter Cate.
Edna
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved Liam & Sully more than I did Cate &.Ash ! ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Targeted (Deadly Ops, #1)
  • Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)
  • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)
  • Shattered Duty (Deadly Ops, #3)
  • Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)
  • All Fired Up (DreamMakers, #1)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • A Covert Affair (Deadly Ops, #5)
  • Tempting Fate (Colorado High Country, #4)
  • Falling Hard (Colorado High Country, #3)
  • Show No Mercy (Black Ops Inc., #1)
  • All the Queen's Men (CIA Spies, #2)
  • Into the Firestorm (BOSS, Inc., #3)
  • Born Wild (Black Knights Inc., #5)
  • Brighter Than the Sun (KGI, #11)
  • Slow Burn (Colorado High Country #2)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)
A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently writes for various publishers. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha heroes, and just

Killer Instincts (8 books)
  • Midnight Rescue (Killer Instincts, #1)
  • Midnight Alias (Killer Instincts, #2)
  • Midnight Games (Killer Instincts, #3)
  • Midnight Pursuits (Killer Instincts, #4)
  • Midnight Action (Killer Instincts, #5)
  • Midnight Captive (Killer Instincts, #6)
  • Midnight Revenge (Killer Instincts, #7)