Start by marking “Brother to Brother (The Sacred Brotherhood #1)” as Want to Read:
Brother to Brother (The Sacred Brotherhood #1)

Brother to Brother (The Sacred Brotherhood #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  745 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
Melody Beswick thought she was bringing herself and her thirteen month old son home to his father. It was her last ditch effort to make a better life for her and her boy. One in which Noah had a father to look up to and guide him. While she knew Grinder wasn’t perfect, she believed in him, and love always found a way, right?

Melody never thought her dreams for herself and h
Published August 1st 2016 by Second Circle Press

To ask other readers questions about Brother to Brother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brother to Brother

Nicla

Another fantastic read by AJ Downey. What I loved most about this story is the characters. You really get emotionally invested in them and want them to get their HEA. Melody is my favorite type of heroine. Sweet yet strong. Archer was an alpha jerk to begin with but he turned out to be an amazing hero. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Emily
Melody Beswick has one last chance to get help for her and her son. When she told Grinder, her babies father, she was pregnant he walked out on her but she has no options left and hopes he will consider taking them in. When she arrives at The Sacred Brotherhood MC, she finds Archer who has always hated her. The reception is as to be expected but when she finds out Grinder is dead, she is distraught.

Archer can't believe his brother Grinder left his girl and kid. He takes Melody and her son Noah i
Melanie
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Archer felt obligated to help Melody when she turned up at the club with Grinder’s child. He’d always cleaned up after his fallen brother before, and this time was no different in his eyes.

Melody just wanted the best for her child, and for the time being at least that was Archer. He was willing to provide and care for her and Noah, and that was all she wanted. As long as Noah was happy, that was all that mattered. She truly didn’t believe her happiness mattered at all.

While Archer did the noble
Sivutha
5 Beautiful Stars

Archer is a cold broken man. He grew up in system and that is where he met his brothers Grinder, Nox and Rush. They may not be his blood brothers but they are his brothers none the less.

Melody was raised poorly by her mom and stepdad. She accepted love from Grinder even tho he was being unfaithful.

Well.....I don't want to ruin the book but all I can say is Archer was a super jerk to Mel when she showed up at the clubhouse with her son. But he redeemed himself and he was perfe
Brandy
DISCLAIMER TO THOSE READING MY REVIEW:
This review is my personal opinion, it may contain swearing, quotes, rants, and spoilers!!!
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK....

Archer and Melody's story....
I freaking HATED Archer for like the first 30-40% of the book!! There were soooooo many times when I just wanted to fucking deck him! Seriously Melody is the sweetest, most selfless, loving, but also extremely timid female MC that I have ever read!! And fucking Archer was the biggest fucking dick on earth for almos
Megan Fall
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bikers-mc
This author is amazing. I am so glad she decided to do a series with Grinder's brothers. The story was great and I was so happy to see Archer stand by Melody and become an amazing father and husband. I can't wait to read each of the twins books.
Joy
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Can we say "d'awww" and "hawt" at the same time?

Melody is a broken woman who decides to use the last of her money to get her and her son on the road in search of Grind (the baby's father). Archer is Grind's brother and one who has built so many walls up that he's one of those that lashes out easily in order to keep people from getting too close.

I loved the characters (main and supporting) portrayed in this story. It was both an easy read that touched on emotional issues and allowed for readers
lauren
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A must read

This is the first book I read from this author, and I must say I think I just fell inlove. This book was real for me, and what I mean is it wasn't fairytale-ish. She did not fall in love within moments of being next to archer, he didn't instantly want to bang her brains out, this story was love at its own pace and I loved it. I just loved Mel, she was so strong at times she didn't even realize it, and archer, Lord that's a very fine man indeed. I absolutely loved archer so Damn much,
Jamie
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a super sweet, low angst story that I really, really enjoyed. There was definitely some drama and a few hairy moments, but they fit perfectly. Not as dark as other MC romances I have read, but still a touch gritty at times. I'm looking forward to reading about the other brothers.
Ilove2read
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sacred Heart MC fans & MC romance readers
Shelves: mc-romance
Amy Williams
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing

I have to just say that I am highly impressed by this book. I absolutely loved Archer and Melody. This is the kind of book that you wish you could find to read all the time. The characters were written in such detail that you felt like you knew them. Archer started out having a cold,non approachable attitude. Melody was so frightened by Her past that she didn't know how to talk to him or express what she needed. Can Archer love his brother's child like his own son? Can he and Melody li
French Press Bookworm Blog
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love baby stories. Like I am a full sucker for a sexy alpha male and a baby! That being said... while this definitely had that...it also had an H who was a real jerk! Like for not real reason or maybe I just didn't like his reason. He was being a baby and needed to man the heck up and get over the drama because no one has time for it! Once he did get over it...I loved him. He was so sweet behind all that macho biker talk. Noah was a delight who I just wanted to cuddle. Our h was okay. I didn't ...more
Jaime Nicholson
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Melody arrives at the club with a baby - Grinder's baby. Archer (Grinder's brother) feels obligated to help her but not to be nice to her. Melody had no idea Grinder was dead but cannot go back from where she came. She is willing to do and put up with anything to care for her child.
I love this story. It's not only a hot love story but the story of a man learning how to love and a woman learning she deserves more than she has been given. Archer is not likeable in the beginning but I enjoyed the
Nancy cagle
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Gotta say A.J go and done it again great story great series I've read everyone of the Sacred hearts books and not one that I picked up that I couldn't put down and this one was one of them if you so happen not have read any of her Sacred hearts book please Start with the first one and continued reading down the line your gonna be amazed because this is one h**l of a MC series A.J don't every let anyone dull your Sparkle!! Keep doing what you do best writing and keeping us boring peopl
Yasmin  Vasquez
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great!!

I couldn't put it down, Archer turned out to be a great guy and Melody is not your average biker chick but The Sacred Brotherhood isn't your normal MC. This story should be read after you read Sacred Hearts MC series so you can truly appreciate this book. If you have already read that series then this book is a must read.
Karen
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Almost the best biker book I've ever read but more importantly, it was a real good story that happened to be with folks who belonged to a motorcycle club. This club was tight knit and things just got better for Melody after her long trip from Arizona to Kentucky with one year old Noah. It was a grim start with Archer but the club guided him and a tentative family was born. A must read.
tiffany jackson
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Move over Ghost and Shelly

Ghost and Shelly have always been my favorite couple, but they have been replaced by Archer and Mel. I loved how she went from being unsure about him to realizing that no one was going to love her more. Archer was the perfect hero hard on the outside and soft on the inside. Loved catching up with the rest of the crew as well
Xariah Gaitch
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biker-mc
Captivating.

I could not out it down. I was enthralled from start to finish. The story was heart breaking and heart lifting at the same time. I did panic a bit at the end there but as usual with A.J. Downey you get a happy ending and I loved this one.
Deann S
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love it!!

I absolutely loved this book. From the very beginning I was reeled in hook line and sinker. I finished this book in 2 hours or less. I look forward to reading more from this author and the series she has out. :)
Brittany Gutierrez
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So needed this! Love everything when it comes to the sacred hearts series!
Maureen Nicholson
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed this story and its characters. There were times it dragged a little but for the most part I was intrigued and wanted to see how it would end.
Pamela
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great read!

People! Read this lady's books, all of them! They are totally awesome. The stories run the gamut of emotions! High recommended

Jeanette
Aug 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I did like this more than I thought I would I'm looking forward to the next in the series
Vicki
I liked some parts of this book. I'm not a huge fan of MC books so find it hard to connect in that sense but if you do like those you will probably really like this one. This was also a spin-off and I hadn't read the original series so couldn't connect with the peripheral characters like I would if I had read those.
Diane
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't possibly get any better

5 STARS for Archer and Melody a continuation of the Sacred Brotherhood. I keep saying I don't want this series o end and thank GOD I keep finding more books Thank you A.J. Downey keep them coming!!!
Stephanie
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Dnf! Female character has no sass, she's super weak and timid to the extreme. I felt like I was reading too much about her kid too. Not a page turner for me. I wanted to like this book, the free sample got my interest then it was just downhill from there. This author needs to step up her game
Nancy Tamez
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Enjoyed the brotherhood of this MC! A Little humor and A lot of
love between Archer and Melody made for a good story!
Fiona
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Vera Quinn
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read!!

Brother to Brother has everything a great needs, love, hate, sizzle, with a lot of family mixed in. Loved every word.
Sallie Page
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Each book I have read I have just loved A.J. Downeys' writing more and more. Each book has a wonderful blend of humor, romance, suspense and heartache. These books will be a re-read for me.
A.J. Downey is a born and raised Seattle, WA Native. She finds inspiration from her surroundings, through the people she meets and likely as a byproduct of way too much caffeine.

She has lived many places and done many things though mostly through her own imagination... An avid reader all of her life it's now her turn to try and give back a little, entertaining as she has been entertained. She liv
More about A.J. Downey...

The Sacred Brotherhood (4 books)
  • Her Brother's Keeper (The Sacred Brotherhood #2)
  • Brother in Arms (The Sacred Brotherhood #3)
  • Between Brothers (The Sacred Brotherhood #4)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)