Start by marking “Magnificent Monologues for Teens: The Teens' Monologue Source for Every Occasion (Hollywood 101, 4)” as Want to Read:

4.66  ·  Rating details ·  151 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews

Book Details: Format: Paperback Publication Date: 5/1/2002 Pages: 112
Published May 1st 2002 by Sandcastle Pub

To ask other readers questions about Magnificent Monologues for Teens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magnificent Monologues for Teens

Jon
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good selection of monologues but some are cringeworthy and don't sound authentic.
Deanna Lueckenotte
I recommend this book as well as any of the other books that Chamber Stevens has written to assist young actors in honing their craft. My son Taylor Luke has been reading, memorizing and performing monologues from these books for 4 1/2 years. He continues to revisit the books as needed for audition prep as well as practice. Taylor has received many roles in independent Texas films over the last 3 years and I truly believe the books have helped my son grow in his profession.
Tammy
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is another excellent tool by Chambers Stevens. My daughter practiced like crazy with this and I'm happy to say the scenes were perfect for a teen girl! If you have a teen girl or boy this book has what you need to turn those awkward auditions into winning auditions that land the roles! You can't go wrong with this book! I can say from experience they can even keep a teenager engaged. Worth every cent!
Deanna Lueckenotte
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lish
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
With the large number of monologue books out on the market, the selection for a young actor/actress seems sub-par, leaving a void. However, that void has been filled by Chambers Stevens. Stevens is a master coach in the auditioning world. This book has enriched the young auditioners/actors in the world. It has a great variety of monologues from comedy to drama, boy to girl. There are many options to choose from. I definitely recommend it.
Michelle Lopez
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Although my personal experience with Chambers was working with my younger daughter, I did have the chance to observe him working with teens as well. Again, I must say he is amazing at what he does. He knows the business and he knows how to work with young actors. These books are great tools and I highly recommend them to anyone interested in acting.
Mary Joyce
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This entire series is one of my favorites! I was lucky enough to discover this book right when I moved to Los Angeles and found it invaluable. The monologues are hilarious and bring out the best in the actor. Highly recommended!!!!!
areadersjourney
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: theater
This book was extremely helpful in preparing my kids for the end of the year school play. It allowed them to perform on their own and use that experience to perform together as an ensemble. I will be ordering the other Monologue books for future performances... :o)
Alicia Pedroza
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This one is a must have. I love that all the monologues are age appropriate, interesting and easy for a young adult to relate to. Great for practice; great for auditions. Like I said, this one is a must have.
Nikolas Whittemore
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From someone who owns this book first hand I can truthfully say it is amazing. It has a giant range of diversity, with many unique monologues. I can also say that this book is the reason i have gotten several callbacks on some major auditions. LOVE IT!!!!
Taylor Foster
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Stevens knows what a good audition is, and his monologues are the keys to acing it! Thanks to this book, I got my first agent! I strongly recommend it to any teenager trying to break into the biz or are already there. The monologues are amazing!
David White
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was extremely helpful in helping me prepare for my college audition.
Jack Brown
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is awesome! I hate monologues normally because they're never entertaining and hard to memorize, but these are entertaining!
Arianna Giggy
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Where ever I go, I keep this book close at hand. The variety of monologues in this book is eclectic and I always look forward to bringing each of the characters to life in my own unique way!
Mary Jones
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I found this book when I needed a monologue for school and now I used it for everything, there really is a monologue for every occasion in here!
Ashley Thompson
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
GREAT RESOURCE! I NOT ONLY USE IT FOR MYSELF BUT ALSO FOR MY NIECES WHO LOVE THEATER!
Tyler Kahl
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The casting director interviews are very informative. And the material is relatable.
Andi Masdon
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book for any aspiring and/or accomplished young actor or actress... a wonderful resource to prepare for auditions, competitions, or simply to polish your craft.
Haylie Simpson
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an extremely helpful monologue book for teens and has a monologue for literally every occasion.
Brendon Ross
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
These monologues are awesome.
Emma Radcliffe
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed using these monologues!
Troy Rossi
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Filled with great monologues which are hard to find now-a-days. 5 stars.
Hannah Dawson
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I cannot recommend this book, and any other by Chambers Stevens, highly enough! The monologues and scenes he writes allow actors to explore, take risks, have fun, and challenge themselves. His writing is very current and relevant to the sort of work young actors are auditioning for today - I would strongly suggest that any young actors read Chambers' books front to back and use them as a tool to practice and improve! Each piece has the foundation of great writing that is so crucial for an actor ...more
Ginny Luke
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
These monologues are well written and creative - I used them for TV and commercial auditions and it was great to be able to use age-appropriate monologues that have emotional depth. Congratulations to Chambers Stevens for a body of such great work!
Danielle Perez
  • Broadway Musicals: The 101 Greatest Shows of All Time
  • Peter and the Starcatcher: The Annotated Script of the Broadway Play
  • Broadway: The American Musical
  • The Season: A Candid Look at Broadway
  • The Four Dorothys (Drama!, #1)
  • Understudy
  • My Life, the Theater, and Other Tragedies
  • Broadway Nights: A Romp of Life, Love, and Musical Theatre
  • The Confessions of Edward Day
  • Theater Geek: The Real Life Drama of a Summer at Stagedoor Manor, the Famous Performing Arts Camp
  • Stagestruck (Peter Diamond, #11)
Emmy Nominee Chambers Stevens has ten books in print. His Hollywood 101 series is published by Sandcastle Publishing. In the last eight years, Chambers has toured the country, doing workshops for over 100,000 actors across forty states. The playwright is a member of Dramatists Guild of America, Inc.

When at home, Chambers is one of Los Angeles’ top acting coaches. Actors he has coached have appeare
More about Chambers Stevens