Start by marking “Adam's Fall (Mason Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Adam's Fall (Mason Sisters, #2)

Adam's Fall

(Mason Sisters #2)

Mass Market Paperback, 208 pages
Published November 27th 2001 by Bantam (first published 1988)

Start your review of Adam's Fall (Mason Sisters, #2)
Karla

5 Stars!! I started this morning and didn't stop till I was finished. Is there such a thing as Kindle burn...you know where you're swiping the pages so fast that your finger starts to get hot?! Yep...happened to me!!

This was a fast read, but oh so good! Easy to get through. Nothing missing though...angsty, humorous, snarky, witty, fantastic dialogue, heart-wrenching, loaded with sexual tension, and it all leads to a damn good ending! Old school Sandra Brown, that works in today's reading world.
Mo
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it

"Nice chest hair. Very sexy."

I loved the banter between these two. They had met previously and did not like
Buggy
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Opening Line: “It made the evening news.”

This was a pretty good read even though it’s kinda dated now (1988) and some of the themes and situations annoyed me. For the most part it’s your basic 80’s contemporary romance and doesn’t require too much brain power to get through.

Adam’s Fall is apparently book 2 in the Mason sister’s series (who knew?) but works just fine as a standalone. Written exclusively from the heroine’s 3rd person POV we unfortunately never get into Adam’s head (was that the
Sandra
Nov 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book by SANDRA BROWN. When the hero Adam is hurt in a climbing accident his friends hire physical therapist Lilah to help him out. Adam and Lilah know each other and never got on well. Now Adam has to put up with Lilah in order to recover. Adam and Lilah have great chemistry together. And there was added tension when Adam's former girlfriend shows up. I found this book very captivating and hard to put down.

I look forward to reading more of Sandra Brown's books in the future.
Lady Heather
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: contemporary romance fans
Recommended to Lady Heather by: WLLK ladies book list
Just so you know.. couldn't put this book down all day...NO SERIOUSLY..I COULDN'T!
..couldn't wait to read about the characters (who I fell in love with in the previous book), the story, and I was so involved with the writing I lost total track of time (sorry to my family about dinner..won't happen again..well not too soon anyway).

Highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance..you won't be disappointed!
Linda
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Linda Howard's older contemporary romances
Recommended to Linda by: Thanks, Sandra!
Adam Cavanaugh and Lilah Mason had a history: they detested each other. Both had strong personalities with different outlooks on life. Adam was a close friend and business associate of Lilah's sister but every time he and Lilah met, they clashed. To say that they don't get along, is to put it mildly.

At the opening of ADAM'S FALL, Adam had been in a climbing accident and was suffering: he needed physical therapy. Lilah, a therapist, is called upon by family to help him. After much deliberation
Zeek
I’ve written reviews on this several times and somehow they always disappear :)

Anyway, here we go again. One of my favorite old category romances from Sandra Brown, Adam’s Fall plays on the Florence nightingale troupe to good effect, actually, and that’s because the heroine is well aware of it. Adam, hotel mogul and good friend of Lilah’s sister Fanta C, has fallen while mountain climbing. There is a good possibility he may never walk again. As a favor to her sister, Lilah agrees to take on
*TANYA*
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book!!! I read this book back when I was in my 20's and I thought it was amazing. I remembered this book so differently, regardless I still loved it.
Thenia
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
The sequel to Fanta C and Elizabeth's sister Lilah's story.

Lilah is the opposite of her sister and doesn't believe a happy life with love and kids is in the cards for her. She's a self-assured physical therapist, cynical and not caring about anyone's opinion.

She also rubs Adam, Elizabeth's business partner, completely the wrong way. Adam, who is used to people obeying his every command, does not appreciate Lilah's attitude and the two have been at odds since the very first time they met.

Wendy Marcus
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was recommended by my friend Karla. When I started reading I'd realized I read it before. But it was good enough to drag me in again. I had a few problems with the story but overall a classic Sandra Brown Loveswept. I enjoyed it - again.
MBR
Mar 22, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of earlier novels by Sandra Brown/Erin St. Claire.
Recommended to MBR by: Reviews on Goodreads
3.5 Stars Contemporary

I can't make up my mind as to whether I have read Adam's Fall prior to this or not. The story that unfolded reminded me of the novel Come Lie With Me by Linda Howard that stems from a similar theme.

Adam's Fall is book 2 in the Mason sisters series, the first book being Fanta C. Adam's Fall begins with the news that uber rich hotel entrepreneur Adam Cavanaugh was involved in a mountain climbing accident in Northern Italy, killing two of his companions in the process
Katie(babs)
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lilah Mason, the sister of Elisabeth in Fanta C. She is a physical therapist who is asked to help Adam Cavanaugh, a man Lila can’t stand. Rich hotel entrepreneur, Adam has a mountain climbing accident, paralyzing him from the waist down. Elizabeth asks Lilah to help with Adam’s recovery.Adam wants to wallow in his grief, but Lilah won’t let him. Adam hates her bedside manner, but under her care, he begins to see major process. He may even walk again. These former adversaries becomes friends, and ...more
kilty
Jan 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Freakin' Good!
Hero was a sob..Heroine just a b and somehow they b___d! Oh! I can spell that..bonded, that is..*grin*
..and to continue with the b's..bullet fast dialog delivery and a bombshell of a heroine, always ready to explode..no coy crap there! telling it like it is and boy! did she give the "other woman" a run for the hero's money;-) She was a perfect match for one of my (manyyyy) fav. kind of heros..the Grump! AWESOME!

Although Sandra Brown's books seem like racy cliches with a dying
Tasha
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I read Fanta C years ago I never realized it was part of a series... Every time I read a Sandra Brown book I fall deeper into this hole of ( I can't really explain, I know what I want to say but the word isn't there just the impressions of the word). If you have ever read books by one author that has left you speechless that is exactly what happens to me with every story. This was a fast read, but oh so good!
Drita
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

I thoroughly enjoyed this read, fully packed with so much wit and intriguing characters as I was told I would. Thank you Julia for recommending this book and this beautiful author.
In my quest to reading more of her books.

Check her out book-worms you might like something she wrote.
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
I like Sandra Brown, even (or especially) her alphacads. This H is barely one but then he has the excuse of his condition. Here it’s the h that’s the problem.

This is the second book in the ‘Mason Sisters’ series. The older sister in the first book is a delicate feminine type while this h is more a snarky kickass one. She knows the H – who’s her sister’s business associate and the h/H have a hate at first meet going for long.

She’s a physiotherapist who works with paraplegics/paralysis patients
Judy Churchill
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book had a little more substance than many of these early novels. Loved the characters and the story.
Anna
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a re-read. Ok book. Cute story. Loved the h, she's got some balls.
Ms Fine
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
some books I got from Borders Going Out of Business sale and some from Bookbuyers
------- ADAM'S FALL
For the past few years, Lilah Mason has watched her sister find love, get married, and have children, while she's been more than content to channel her energies into her career. A physical therapist with an unsinkable spirit and unwavering compassion, she's one of the best in the field. But when Lilah takes on a demanding new case, her patient's life isn't the only one transformed. Her new
Julie
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite Sandra Brown books. I loved Lilah from FantaC the previous book in this series. Lilah is so much fun and I just LOVE her. Adam who met Lilah in the previous book and had an instant attraction but cannot stand to be in the same room together. Adam is In a terrible accident and is In need of intense physical therapy and in comes Lilah who is a very accomplished physical therapist. They have a very rocky start, middle and finish but it it so worth the time to read. This ...more
Lenye
Five stars? I know, I know. Am I crazy? Yes. Maybe I just was in mood for story like this.

I can't help myself, I love stories where a strong guy needs woman's help. There was so much hate at first, then fun, chemistry... It was a little bit (or a lot) cheesy, but that's what a harlequins are for, right? I was so glad that Adam got better (I am a little bit paranoid with this stories and sad endings after reading Me Before You).

Short story with a HEA for a rainy afternoon.
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Feb 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
I loved Sandra Brown's "Mirror Mirror" but was extremely disappointed with this effort. This book offered some witty bantering between the two main characters, but the romance was unsatisfying--not nearly enough build-up of believable tension between them. Some of their behavior seemed ludicrous--almost like Brown was forcing conflict. And the writing was not very discriptive. The story is set in Hawaii and yet I had no sense of scenery. A disappointment all the way around.
Charlene
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
These oldies are great. Have all in paperback
Lyuda
Oct 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This was overall decent read. Good chemistry between characters.
The story would be a four star read for me if not for the hero’s behavior towards his last lover. It was low and undignified.
Adriane (◉‿◉)
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
"4.5 t'was very very Good! "

I cannot end the year without reading a Sandra brown book. So I tried reading this, It was really nice to read this book. The characters are refreshing,their banters are really funny and cool! Lilah is one of a hell woman, brave and laught out loud funny. Adam, Mr. Yummy (nomnomnom), straight to the point and wickedly sexy. I love them both. And Pete too, I think he is too cute. I hope it was longer. Oh, how I wish.

“He was a playboy. His newsworthy romantic liaisons
Capri Kay
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the hero and heroine in this book. I love Adam’s and Lilah’s playful banter. Lilah appeared more independent and savage than the other heroines I’ve encountered in Sandra Brown books and had some really funny dialogues. All in all it was another steamy romance from Brown that found a fan in me.
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ok I just don’t buy the Adam and Lilah hate fest at the beginning. It’s not believable. Everything is extremely contrived. I know that for a lot of romance books that is part of the appeal, but this is just too much. Plus, throwing in all the medical terms. Therapists don’t talk like that to their patients. The average patient will not know the terms.
Amy
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
another good book. love this author
Isolde Oneil
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brown is a terrific writer. She has no use for extra words and useless lines. The action keeps going and even though I really am not into romances I,truly enjoy hers.
Kinga
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best Sandra Brown stories. Love it!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Kiss Remembered
  • Led Astray (Hellraisers, #1)
  • The Devil's Own (Hellraisers, #2)
  • Love Beyond Reason
  • Words of Silk
  • Prime Time
  • A Treasure Worth Seeking
  • Sweet Anger
  • The Last Honest Woman (The O'Hurleys, #1)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy

Mason Sisters (2 books)
  • Fanta C (Mason Sisters, #1)