Start by marking “I Wanted to Be the Knife [Expanded Edition]” as Want to Read:
I Wanted to Be the Knife [Expanded Edition]

I Wanted to Be the Knife [Expanded Edition]

Originally published as a small booklet by Metatron in 2015, I Wanted To Be The Knife by Sara Sutterlin took the poetry world by storm, selling over 500 units in its first 8 months of publication. This brand new, expanded edition features the initial booklet, plus 28 new poems which both complement and challenge the originals.

Sara Sutterlin is a Montreal-based writer. She
Paperback, First edition, first printing, 56 pages
Published May 2016 by Metatron

To ask other readers questions about I Wanted to Be the Knife [Expanded Edition], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Wanted to Be the Knife [Expanded Edition]

Nom Chompsky
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry, can-lit
She said "Ask men for the truth when they're / about to cum." / I picked some lettuce off my chest / and told her you can't ask for the truth / It just comes out.

REAL STRONG poetry here.

I guess I was a little disenchanted that the poems come back to sex so often, because while Sutterlin is so adept about bringing that visceral feeling in, and nailing it down, I feel like the body is strangely absent when all we talk about is cum on sweatshirts and cum like signatures on lower backs—both of whic
Merritt K.
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it
There are some really great, strong lines but the pieces they're a part of often don't have much rhythm or endurance to them. And for a book with the terrific line 'All I hear straight women say is / I love MY vampire,/ mine is Fine', a lot of it turns out to be about men in a way that isn't really compelling to me.
Erin Emily
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
I liked this! An easy read with a lot of truth and some interesting language!
A. Metzler Scorsone
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, it-was-okay
I liked the personal vibe I got from this. like it means something real to the author. I dig it
Joshua
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wonderfully refreshing! I don't know if it's the fact that I read this after reading Cloud Atlas and it just seemed spectacular in comparison or whether it really is something special. Regardless, I really love it. Truly vulgar, witty, resigned, contemplative, honest, pure, dirty, confident, sexual, cynical, and lovely. Really, really, really enjoyed it. If you would like to read it (though it may taint your innocence just warning you) hit me up. It took me like 15 minutes to read this beautiful ...more
This is Alli
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
Visually beautiful book. There were many lines really hooked me~gave me the thing I like about poetry.
Amanda
Jun 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
short & feisty poems that can be read in one sitting in a beautifully designed book
Rosamund
Aug 18, 2016
Kai
Oct 23, 2017
Katy June
Apr 09, 2018
Sara Sutterlin
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
amanda