Start by marking “Gold Like the Sun (Sol, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gold Like the Sun (Sol, #2)

Gold Like the Sun

(Sol #2)

GOLD LIKE THE SUN (Sol Series 2)

It’s the wedding of the millennium! Princess Pilar Sol and Hakan Frust are celebrating their union with sector fetes full of celebrity and pomp. Theirs is an arranged marriage to preserve the vital commerce of the Nyer Transit Hub, and yet Pilar is madly, unreservedly, passionately in love. She has all the excitement she has long dreamed of—
95 pages
Published June 27th 2016 by Fire Flower Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Gold Like the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gold Like the Sun

Marta Cox
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book two in this imaginative series about the royal family from Sol and yes we are still celebrating the wedding of Pilar and Hakan except this time the festivities have moved to Hakens home at the Nyer Transit Hub. It's an arranged marriage because Hakan and his family need financial stability but for this couple it's true love and it's about to be put to the test in the most appalling ways possible. Death threats and violence escalate until Hakan makes the most important decision in his life b ...more
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Title: Gold Like the Sun
Author: Erin Kellison
Genre: Sci-Fi Romance
Format: Ebook
Pages: 95
Rating: 5
Heat: 5

Thoughts: As usual, I could not put this down. It's a fast read but it's so good! The world that Ms. Kellison creates is so easy to get lost in and wanting to stay there for hours. And the characters are just as exciting. I absolutely LOVE Pilar!!! She may be a girly princess but man, she can kick some serious ass!! And it seems that everyone underestimates her, even her husband. I hated
Nikki
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pilar Sol seems like a pampered little princess who gets everything she wants and generally she does. But there is a side to Pilar that no one seems to know, she is a fighter and definitely smarter than she lets on to be. She's married into another rich Corp family but not just for money and power which seems to be the only reason that Corp families marry and align with each other but also for love, granted she tricked her poor husband into it but Hakun isn't that upset about it. This handsome b ...more
Linda
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
An imaginative, out-of-this-world romantic read!

A black void was sucking her down into a nothingness far deeper than sleep.
Her throat was parched, closing. She grabbed for one of his arms to hold her, to stop her fall, and he brought her close, her head on his chest. His heart boomed under her ear.
"Save me." Her vision was dimming.
"I am," he answered.

GOLD LIKE THE SUN by Erin Kellison is the second installment in the author's ingenious Sol sci-fi series. This book features the story of Pilar
Kelly
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed book 1 in this series, but I REALLY liked this book. This might have had something to do with Pilar's spunky determination and her desire to stand beside her husband no matter the cost. Or maybe it was Hakan's willingness to face his family and all the danger they brought to the table on his own.

Actually, I don't necessarily agree with the on his own part, but I got where he was coming from. He was willing to sacrifice himself to ensure Pilar was safe. It didn't turn out so great for h
Michelle Leah Olson
Ahhh, this book was so, SO good!! :) <3
Melanie S
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book! Princess Pilar Sol-Frust is kicking butt and taking names in this fast-paced romantic thriller. Ya gotta love a woman who out-foxes, out-fights, and out-flirts everyone else on the planet, while rescuing her husband, battling a shadowy crime syndicate, and fomenting betrayal in her husband’s scheming family - and she does it wearing stratospherically high heels and a corset! Escapist fiction at its best!
Nicole
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We're getting more into the politics of a galactic society functioning under an almost caste-like system of families of explorers turned corporations running entire worlds. There is intrigue, politics, excitement, and some tasteful sexual relations to boot - as well as genuine emotion between characters. An excellent addition to the series and worth the read.

Voluntary review of Advance Reader Copy.
JoRead
Erin Kellison writes the most amazing serials/novellas. She’s capable of delving into each character and of providing a satisfying story with all the requirement elements of a much longer one.
In this second installment of her Sol series, we are introduced once again to Princess Pilar Sol and Hakkan Frust, however this time instead of visiting the flourishing planet Sol we are now in the Nyer Transit Hub, Hakkan’s home.
In a silly attempt to save Pilar’s life, he tries to send her away without r
Danielle Gypsy Soul
4 Stars. This is the second book in Erin Kellison's Sol Series. It could possibly be read as a stand alone but I recommend reading the first book before you jump into this one. They are both quick reads that pack a lot in for a novella. This book centers around Pilar Sol who we met in the first book. I wasn't sure about her in the first book but she really stands out in this book and I ended up loving her even more than I did Mica in the first book.

This sci-fi book has a lot of action, humor and
Sharon Richmond
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Nook books and More Blog
Recommended to Sharon by: gifted copy from author
Gold Like the Sun by Erin Kellison 5 Stars

I really enjoyed Gold Like the Sun, this book was like a Star Wars movie with Love involving the main characters. Pilar and Hakan both.

An arranged marriage for beneficial gains? Yes and No, Pilar has fallen in love with Hakan and will stop at nothing to get her man back from his Uncle Victor and the Black Orchids. Her spunkiness in this book is awesome, Go Pilar!! Reina is pretty cool in the book also, and omg the party girls are hilarious.

Hakan will do
Coral Mitchell
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Princess Pilar Sol and Hakan Frust are celebrating their union with sector fetes full of celebrity and pomp. Theirs is an arranged marriage and yet Pilar is madly, unreservedly, passionately in love. She has all the excitement she has long dreamed of—and a little more than she bargained for when she discovers that Hakan’s grasping family wants her dead. Hakan has done everything in his power to save his inheritance including marrying a wealthy princess for her dowry. His heart isn’t supposed to ...more
Emma
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** I recieved a copy of this book in return for an honest review **

Gold like the Sun continues the story of Pilar's family started in All that Glitters. I much prefer Gold like the Sun. (and I've finally figured out why). In All that Glitters I felt like I was dropped into an unfamilar environment without any background and struggled to understand some of the reasons for why things were happening.
Gold like the Sun can be read stand alone but it would help with some of the background if you read
Elli Z
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pilar's and Hakan's romance is a glittery tour of non-stop action punctuated with stellar dialogue. Just married, they're newly arrived at the space station hub that will be their home only to find that in Hakan's absence his family has been growing bold with their own plans for the hub. Things get a more than a bit rough before they get better for the lovers.

It was a joy to read the love simmering constantly between the newlyweds. Not simply lust, but true caring and connection. Theirs may have
Karen
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you want to get to sleep, don't start this book in the evening. It is action and suspense packed from beginning to end. I wasn't able to put it down until I finished it. Fortunately, it isn't a full length novel or I wouldn't have gotten any sleep at all. This book is a Wow!
In book one, Mica Sol is waylaid on her way to her younger sister's wedding. In this book, the wedding has taken place on Sol and now Hakan and Pilar have traveled to The Hub, Nyer, to include Hakan's family in the festivi
LisaMarie
Jul 26, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the second book in the Sol series...and is Pilar Sol and Hakan Frusts story.
Pilar is Micas younger sister whom we met in the first book, All That Glitters. She has just married Hakan, heir to the Nyer transportation hub dynasty, and in doing so has joined the two Royal Corp families together. They've returned to Nyer where Hakans uncle has been in control since Hakan was a child. He was to relinquish control when Hakan returned from education abroad....but he has other plans.
Fast paced,
Jennifer Giuffre
Jul 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this book as much as the first one, but couldn't get into it as much as the last. It seemed to flow a little too quickly and the character relationships a little shallow. You are supposed to fell and root for the hero and heroine, but I couldn't like them as much. I enjoyed All That Glitters. It was fast paced but I felt the characters had more depth to them. Their relationship had more depth as well. So even though it too read quickly, I felt I really got to know them. So I loo ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Pilar has already had one wedding to Hakan, but now she needs to proceed with the pomp and ceremony on The Hub. Things are fraught here and not always as they seem, so things don't go exactly smoothly. Unfortunately for Hakan, he underestimates Pilar as have so many before him. In his defence though, he is only trying to protect her because he loves her. Pilar is determined to sort things out - both in The Hub and also with Hakan. In doing so, she has a bigger adventure than she anticipated.

Thi
Lisa
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Like everything else I've read by Kellison, I loved Gold Like the Sun. The series really features some bad-ass female heroines, and this 2nd book gives the reader a new perspective about Pilar that is smarter, braver, and sassier than what we know of her from book 1. I was slow to warm up to Hakan because of a big decision he makes at the beginning of the book when he discovers the danger to his wife. But as they eventually worked together to take down Hakan's uncle and save the hub, I was won o ...more
Paula
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gold Like the Sun by Erin Kellison is book two of the Sol Series. Hakan and Pilar's (Mica’s sister from book 1) story is one full of political intrigue. More surprises with the twists in the well written plot. This novella has a newly married couple facing the world and their enemies back to back. Pillar is as strong and determined as Harken which I loved. Kudos to Ms. Kellison since she does not ever give the reader wimpy females.
This is a series that is just as addictive as the Reveler Series
Valerie Worster
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the first book of this series, “All That Glitters” (which I loved), Pilar was portrayed as superficial and selfish. But we learn in this second installment of the Sol Series that our perception of her is wrong. She is actually very smart, courageous, and strong-willed, which gets her in trouble almost immediately. We also learn that her relationship with Hakan was more than an arranged marriage. These new revelations are the catalyst for an action-packed read.

I mentioned in my review of “All
Lisa
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a great, quick read and second in the series Sol. Hakan and Pilar are getting married and things are heating up in their bedroom and in the political scene. Money, suspense, sex and nefarious dealings abound as each tries to do what they think is the best thing for themselves and their marriage, unfortunately those plans don't seem to agree.

If you enjoy sexy sci-fi romance with lots of action, check this one out. If you enjoyed the first book in the series, you need to check this one an
Tracy
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book more than the first in the series, All That Glitters. Pilar and Hakan were introduced in the first book, but you didn't get much of a glimpse of Hakan. Pilar was made out to be more of a spoiled princess. In Gold Like the Sun, we get to see more of her emerge, and she is great.
The story is full of love and determination. Both Pilar and Hakan show a fierce need to protect the one they love, no matter the cost. Through them, the reader is led on an adventure of love and danger wa
Michelle
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a gift from the publisher in return for an honest review.

This was another fun read from Erin Kellison! Pilar Sol has found more than a just a business partner in her arranged marriage-she found love. Luckily for her new husband, she is one tough woman! I really like how Pilar is a strong and intelligent character who is unwilling to be undefeated. I really liked how the world building isn't overly dwelled on. The was more emphasis on the story and characters and less on how the ships r
Cheri Winget
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really am liking these Sol novellas. I read both today and am looking forward to the next. Neither were typical and I definitely had an "Oh, WOW!" moment in Gold. Color me surprised that there is a third sister, YEAH! Engaging world building in both stories, along with a little romance and a lot of intrigue, action and plot twists. I enjoyed them so much I wish they were just a bit longer, but as long as they keep coming I am satisfied.

I received an ARC for an honest review and I honestly like
Tia
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Copy gifted by the Publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this book! You got to see Pilar as more than a flighty woman that you thought she was in the first story. Haken wanted to make sure that Pilar was safe, he just went about it the wrong way. I loved how she proved herself the woman that Haken needs by his side. Though in my opinion, she should have talked more about what happened to Haken. I'm hoping to hear more about Barton, Haken's cousin.
Kimberley
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Books 2 is great shows how strong and determined Pilar is to stand on her own and fight for her husband and what she wants. Even after being drugged and put on transport home. Hakan finds himself with only one good hand trying to fight for his rights and save his bride. Little did he know she was fighting also. Between his family and the Black Orchid they were in for the fight of there lives loved this story
Karin
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: street-teams
Sol Book Two

After Pilar Sol's marriage to Hakan Frust, Pilar is fighting for her life against Hakan's family. When Hakan finds out about the assassination attempt, he decides to protect her the only way he knows how - send her home to Sol. Furious with his high-handed thinking, Pilar defies everyone to put him in his place.

If you're looking for a story about what happens after the Happily-Ever-After moment, this story is for you!
Alexis R
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book has more twists and turns than the first one. There were a lot of shocking moments and I didn't see the ending coming at all. I adored the love between Hakan and Pilar and just their familiarity of one another. It held the story together for me. I also love how descriptive the author is. While I'm reading it's like a movie is playing out in my head.

Copy Gifted by the Publisher in Exchange for an honest review.
Debbie Chittenden
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***ARC GIFTED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Pilar and Hakan's story was gruesomely intense. Man I did not see some of this coming. After their wedding and their move to his territory I figured they would get on with their newlywed lives. Yea, guess not! Truly packed with scandal, violence, and a fight to the finish line.

As always, Erin puts her heart and soul into everything she does. Great passion, intensity, and confidence in everything she writes.
Erin Kellison is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Reveler serial, where dreaming turns dangerous. She also writes the dark fantasy romance Shadow series and Shadow Kissed series. RT calls Soul Kissed, "a dark fairy tale with a twist, perfect for readers who love passion with their fantasy." And this year she delves into shifter romance with her Dragons of Bloodfire series ...more

Sol (2 books)
  • All That Glitters (Sol, #1)
“Hakan cursed his plan. What had he done bringing that sweet girl here? She was as delicate as she was beautiful. Her life on Sol had not exposed her to the kind of danger present in the Hub. He'd thought her name would protect her, a great family that could trace its line back to the first convoys from Earth. Her wealth, too, which could command anyone's respect. But the Hub was in the deepest black of space, where starlight was a distant glitter.
Nothing could protect her here.”
0 likes