Start by marking “Lovers & Sinners (The Dreams #1)” as Want to Read:
Lovers & Sinners (The Dreams #1)

Lovers & Sinners (The Dreams #1)

Will that which you most desire destroy you?
James van Lee is a lonely gypsy boy. His isolation leads him to become the greatest rock star in the world, yet he dreams of a girl he knew long ago.
Dr. Maggie Pickett of Emory University has never loved anyone but Rhett Turnquest, but he is under the spell of Natasha, who has secrets no one will ever know.
Lovers & Sinners
Published June 6th 2016 by Ra Jones Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lovers & Sinners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovers & Sinners

Alex is The Romance Fox
So I love rock star stories so when I saw this one.....Lovers and Sinners by an author I have not familiar with, Hunter S Jones, and having read the blurb...I knew it was my kind of book.

Sadly, it didn't prove to be my kind of book.

By Chapter 2, I felt totally disconnected......
 photo giphy_zpsptejukul.gif
Turned a few more pages......I had lost the plot!!!
 photo Selena-Gomez-Has-No-Idea-Whats-Going-On-Around-Her_zpsukqgz6i0.gif
Who are all these characters? Who is James van Lee...really, rockstar!!! And where the hell does Maggie and Rhett...really....Rhett...fit into all this...and Russia'
C.P. Mandara
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing

A Sensuous Fairy Tale

Lovers & Sinners opens with the beautiful gypsy rock star Jago having nightmares where the Devil explains a magic mirror to him. Jago, or James as he is called privately, is comforted by his lovers, Frank and Sugar. The story takes us from Amsterdam to the US, the Maldives as James and his band TASTE become international superstars, and Frank helps shield the sexy young stars private life from prying eyes.

The nightmares are based on the abusive and isolated childhood Ja
Wanda Hartzenberg
Aug 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
The writing in this book is amazing. The plot over the sub plot over yet another is compelling. Dark and deep I read this book but personally I admired the writing more than I did the main plot.
The writing is amazing. The layers is magnificent but the heart of the story simply did not appeal to me.
Evie
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a life and 'finding yourself' kind of story.

I'm sorry this was a short story b/c I liked James's character and it was good to see him come along. The character Maggie, however, needed to grow a spine. Spending your life pining after a guy who just drags you along is nothing less than pathetic. He goes after a rich and beautiful woman who's - of course- villainized b/c she's sexual and uninhibited and *gasp* Rhett isn't the only guy. Typical guy wants what everyone else does. Not to ment
Books On Fire Tours
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even though this Author and I have become good friends over the years, and she is one of my most favorite writers, I need to make something very clear! First off, let me just say that the Natasha in the book is not about me! I am nothing like that!
Secondly, this review is as honest as I get. I don't sugar coat shit especially where it comes to the future livelihood and well-being of my friends.
So...what did I think about Lovers and Sinners (Book 1) in Dreams (2 with Book 1 as a bonus feature)
Molly
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a very intriguing story about a rock star who comes from a very complicated background. Rising to stardom with help from his rich male lover, something seems to be missing, though. There is also a female lover, in fact, sexuality in the book is entirely open and casual, a very welcome aspect of this fairy tale. Dreams, actual and metaphorical ones, secrets of epic proportions, family resentmend and history - this book has it all.
I really enjoyed this. The characters have depth and substa
Normandie Alleman
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lovers & Sinners in an addictive fairy tale. I know from her blogs that Ms. Jones has been studying fairy tales and the enduring power of legends the last few months. It's very apparent in this story. She seductively lures us in, showing just enough to make us want to know and see more, just as any classic siren or storyteller would. The characters are unique, flawed and surreally human. The dream sequences are as believable as is the reality, and I found the dialogue to be well done. I love ...more
Lynn Cooper
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
All of us can relate to wonderful dreams as well as nightmares. In Lovers and Sinners this author weaves both together in such a dynamic, breathtaking way that it’s almost unbelievable. The characters in this story are multifaceted and well-developed. The plot is rich with history, romance and sensuality. If I had to describe this book in just two words, I would say it’s devilishly delicious! I look forward to reading the next installment in The Dreams series.
Clarissa Simmens
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A lovely read narrated by a dreamy voice, surreptitiously seducing the willing reader…
William O'Brien
Gina
May 10, 2018
Nessa
Mar 14, 2019
HUNTER S. JONES is passionate about the history of romance, science and music, a.k.a. sex, drugs and rock & roll. She is a historian presenter for Past Preservers Casting. When she isn’t writing, talking or tweeting about kings, queens and rock stars, she’s living the dream in Atlanta, Georgia with her Scottish born husband.