Start by marking “Dystopia Utopia Short Stories” as Want to Read:
Dystopia Utopia Short Stories

Dystopia Utopia Short Stories

Following the great success of 2015's Gothic Fantasy, deluxe edition short story compilations, Ghosts, Horror and Science Fiction, this latest in the series is packed with bleak and paradisiacal visions in equal measure. Adventures in worlds of boundless imagination from classic authors are cast with previously unpublished stories by exciting budding contemporary writers. ...more
Hardcover, Gothic Fantasy #6, 480 pages
Published September 16th 2016 by Flame Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dystopia Utopia Short Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dystopia Utopia Short Stories

Start your review of Dystopia Utopia Short Stories
Morgan Kail-Ackerman
This had some fun stories. I love dystopians and enjoyed all of these short stories. I had just a few problems with this anthology.

1) The weird range of stories made me confused. Having Voltaire and Jack London and Mary Shelley in a book with very modern dystopian young adult writers was off-putting as the reader. As great and important as Thomas More’s Utopia is, I don’t think it has a place with a modern lesbian love story about gods and social media/reputation in the 21st century.

2) Not all
Elzbeth
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved that it was a mix of old and new stories. But issue though was that the older ones tended to be so much longer than the newer one. Not short stories, but usually sections from novels. Which isn’t bad, I know there aren’t a lot of older short stories, especially dystopian in nature, but I loved a lot of the newer ones and wish they could have gone on longer.
Brenda
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. It has the perfect balance between utopias and dystopias. I loved the act that they included classical authors and modern authors, some authors only have blog stories, others are well known like Mary Shelly or Thomas Moore. It took years for me to finish it because it’s huge, but it’s trully worth it. I really recommend it.
Faith Salyer
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I picked out a few favorite stories from this book, but I liked all of them. I love the dark twists and the originality of the stories.
Domenica Stone
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, there are many stories in here. Most of them are pretty good. It's a large book and that makes it last a while. Some of the stories were predictable. The Utopia story, by Thomas More, on what all the rest have been based on, was a difficult read. I mean, it was written in the 1500's so, there's that. Run on sentences and some confusion as to who was speaking. Anyway, there were other great short stories. ...more
Joe
Jan 24, 2019
Jessalynn Hailey Bays
May 07, 2018
Carolyn Charron
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)

• African Holistic Health
  • Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister
  • The Hood Health Handbook, Volume Two
  • Science Fiction Short Stories
  • The Stone Sky (The Broken Earth, #3)
  • The Obelisk Gate (The Broken Earth, #2)
  • Endless Apocalypse Short Stories
  • Ensel und Krete. Ein Märchen aus Zamonien (Zamonien, #2)
  • The City of Dreaming Books (Zamonia, #4)
  • The 13½ Lives of Captain Bluebear (Zamonia, #1)
  • Der Schrecksenmeister (Zamonien, #5)
  • Rumo & His Miraculous Adventures (Zamonia, #3)
  • Novels by Walter Moers: The 13 1|2 Lives of Captain Bluebear, Rumo and His Miraculous Adventures, the City of Dreaming Books (Zamonia, #1, #3, #4) (Dreaming Books, #1)
  • The Serpent and the Rainbow
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • Scar Tissue
  • Untitled (Red Rising Saga, #6)
  • H.G. Wells Short Stories