Start by marking “Reckless Need (Heart's Temptation Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Reckless Need (Heart's Temptation Book 3)

Reckless Need

(Heart's Temptation #3)

Don't miss the third book in Scarlett Scott's sweeping historical romance series...

A staid duke

Heath, the Duke of Devonshire, has been living a passionless life of penance after losing the woman he loved. Determined to do his duty, he's in search of an innocent bride with a sterling reputation. A bride who's nothing at all like Tia, Lady Stokey.

A bold lady

The Duke of Devon
Published June 6th 2016 by Scarlett Scott (first published April 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Need, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Need

Sangria
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Smoking Hot.....

This book lit up my kindle, lol. I’m not much on the Widow gets her Duke, but these two were adorable. I love a brooding hero. I love em!

This author always writes a good steamy historical with good story and fun characters. I’m totally enjoying this series. Recommend.
Lisa
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bur-2017
This was an interesting book for me. It was not what I was expecting and the scandal of the century was one that, in my opinion, never was. I was looking forward to the scandal and how they dealt with it….they got married and that was all we heard about it. Together Heath and Tia were combustible and brooding. They each had their reasons for holding back parts of their past, but Heath took it a bit far. There was a lot of yelling and aggression, nothing physical, that really had me wanting to pu ...more
Lana Birky
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book - quite a lot of explicit sex but the story was a good one. Heath, the Duke of Devonshire, is leading a boring life & blaming himself after his true love died while he was in Italy. After years, he has decided he must do his duty to the Dukedom & marry & present an heir. He meets a widow, Tia, Lady Stokey & though he is enticed by her; she is not the innocent, reputable bride he needs to marry.

Unable to stay away from each other, they cause a possible scandal
Colleen Perry
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To me it was a masterpiece

I so enjoyed this book. It drew me from the beginning, and kept me interested to the HEA ending. Heath was a Handsome, Loyal, at most of the time, kind Hero. Tia, a strong, kind, but maybe a little pushy at times, Heroine. It was a story of their journey to find each other’s hearts. It had some steamy love scenes, adding to story. I got a little impatient, at times, waiting for them to admit that they loved each other. It can be read as a stand-alone, but better in ord
Oz007
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice and easy read with HEA

Nice story. Interesting plotline and characters. Perhaps would benefit from a bit more London glitz and reference. I got a little bored in parts, however didn't give up.

I read books 3 and 6 in this series only. I didn't feel the need to read all the books
Sonia
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lady Tia is a beautiful widow and Heath a very handsome Duke.
She is a free willed woman and a bit scandalize, he is known as dull and boring. But he is not, he has had his heart broken and is wary of love.
This book was so much fun to read. It is witty, romantic, fun and a bit of drama, and of course hot love!! I recommend Ms. Scarlett's books always!
Gwen Lewis-Dunn
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I give this a 4.0 rating. It kept my interest and did not deal a lot with misunderstandings without communication. I was able to clearly imagine the characters. 'Cause that's the reason I read this stuff is to enhance my overly active imagination.
Sharon Wagner
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

Another wonderful book by Scarlett Scott! Absolutely loved this story. Great storyline and the characters were perfect together. Always feel like I am back in that time.Can't wait to read the next book.
Pamela
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reckless Need

I love your books this is the third book in this series that I have read the characters are amazing so exciting and lots of drama and love.
Tom Prejsner
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it

Can't wait for book five to come out. Please keep writing these. Thank you very much for these books you give use.
Denise Martin
Anna Jones
Sep 14, 2018
LYNN FIELDS
Jul 28, 2018
  • Her Wild Highlander (Highland Bodyguards #8)
  • The Viscount's Blazing Love (Fire and Smoke #3)
  • The Marquess of Temptation (Reluctant Regency Brides #3)
  • The Thief's Countess (Border, #1)
  • A Grosvenor Square Christmas
  • Deeply Devoted (The Blue Willow Brides, #1)
  • Skye O'Malley (O'Malley Saga, #1)
  • For the Love of Lynette (Swan Sisters, #1)
  • The Return of Lady Jane (The Scandal Sheet, #1)
Amazon bestselling author Scarlett Scott writes steamy Victorian and Regency historical romances with strong, intelligent heroines and sexy alpha heroes. She lives in Pennsylvania with her Canadian husband, their adorable identical twins, and one TV-loving dog.

For Scarlett's latest releases, exclusive excerpts, contests and more, visit her website, http://www.scarlettscottauthor.com

Heart's Temptation (7 books)
  • A Mad Passion (Heart's Temptation Book 1)
  • Rebel Love (Heart's Temptation Book 2)
  • Sweet Scandal (Heart's Temptation, #4)
  • Restless Rake (Heart's Temptation, #5)
  • Darling Duke (Heart's Temptation Book 6)
  • The Night Before Scandal (Heart's Temptation Book 7)