Start by marking “Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)” as Want to Read:
Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)

Grave Destiny

(Alex Craft #6)

Grave witch Alex Craft can speak to the dead, and that makes her a dangerous enemy for anyone with something to hide. . . .

Alex is still trying to come to terms with her changing powers and her growing ties to Faerie when a case she’d rather avoid falls right into her lap. A fae prince desperately needs Alex to investigate a politically sensitive murder. She reluctantly ag
Mass Market Paperback, 374 pages
Published April 2nd 2019 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Grave Destiny, please sign up.
Dennis Davie Just curious but so you think the series can be wrapped up with and/or in the 6th book? I'm looking for a new series to begin shortly (just finishing…moreJust curious but so you think the series can be wrapped up with and/or in the 6th book? I'm looking for a new series to begin shortly (just finishing up a different series right now) but I'd like to know if/when the Alex Craft series is complete. I'm certainly fine with 5 or 6 (even a few more) in a series - but I don't want to get invested into a series that's going to be like 25 books long like some authors generate. While they may very well be great, and I love reading, I also like moving onto a new set of characters and storylines after a handful of books as well. My preference is 5-7 total in a series...by then I'm ready to start burying myself with another character(s) story. :-)(less)
Dustina Granlund While she was originally contracted for 6 books, she posted on Facebook that she had negotiated for a 7th book to be released as well so she could end…moreWhile she was originally contracted for 6 books, she posted on Facebook that she had negotiated for a 7th book to be released as well so she could end the series the way she wanted to.(less)

Denisa
OMG OMG OMG!

Ok, so let me tell you a story (a short one this time, I promise!).
It was a good read 'til about 80%, then it became really good and, at about 91%, I couldn't put it down. Problem was, I had to get to work (and, so nice of me, I did). But after about one hour after I started, I kept thinking about the book and what will happen. So guess what I did?
Yup, I was pretending to work while I was reading the book.

Don't know what that says about my work ethic but you know what that says about
Beth
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex wants to find a way to learn more about her powers when she is hired both by the shadow and winter courts to uncover murders that have taken place in the winter court. Alex finds herself, with Dugan and Falin, traversing a tenuous path that has them all in the sights of the killer.

Price writes a strong and masterfully engaging addition to the Alex Craft series. The mystery will keep you guessing till the end while captivating the reader with characters that you just can't help but to route
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

I always know when I open an Alex Craft book I am going to get one heck of an action packed adventure. One that will keep me rapidly turning the pages and engaged the whole way through.

I have loved these characters from the very beginning and even though I once thought myself as not a fan of anything having to do with the fae, this series completely changed my mind.

From the very first page it was obvious this series stood out. The deceit, the lies, the glamour, the mystery, the death
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
Aug 31, 2018 marked it as tbr-highly-interested
Based on the winter themed cover I have a BAD feeling Alex will end up with Falin. Even after the events of the last book I still had hope (maybe) for her and Death. And yes, this is one of those lame UF series with still unresolved love triangle until the bitter end, maybe not even then. I don't know if the author herself was even 100% sure who she wanted Alex to end up with, or if it was a later on in the series decision, seems to me like the letter. It was very back and forth, but I always go ...more
Rozus
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
i loved it!!! GREAT ENDING

................................................................

yeah six books!!
pls i need more FALIN.
FALIN x ALEX OTP!!
This isn't the first time that Alex has been asked to investigate a murder that happened in Faerie but this time the potential consequences are all out war between two of the courts so the stakes have never been higher. When it appears that a member of the Shadows has murdered a Winter Court noble tensions between the two reach breaking point. Dugan comes to Alex for help as he wants to prevent a war and along with Falin the three begin a difficult investigation, it quickly becomes clear that no ...more
Patricia Huynh
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Update 2:
Ooooooh. EMMMM. GEEE. ***spoilers***

My prayers to the author lord have been answered, because I have never seen a more redefining moment for a series that I loved to pieces prior. BECAUSE HOLY CRAP THAT ENDING. Was. Amazing. Grave Destiny was written well; down the pacing, action, new friendships, sarcasm, political machinations, mystery, and best of all, my desperately greatly desired faerie romance. How DID she do it???

Ya'll, let me tell you, I have been FIGHTING hard core for that fa
Melliane
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mon avis en Français

My English review

It’s always a real pleasure to find a new Alex Craft novel, so how can I resist this 6th volume? Well, I can’t and I was really looking forward to finding out what the author was going to propose, and I’m thrilled!

Alex needs help to control her powers, but now she finds herself in a story that is completely beyond her control. Dugan and Falin need her to investigate a murder that could well lead to a war. As a team, our three heroes will have to face several
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars, but I’m rounding up because although it wasn’t to my personal taste, that doesn’t mean it’s not interesting and well written.

Definite mixed feelings on this book. While it was nice to have a new book after a wait of two years, the storyline didn’t tick all of my boxes. When the plotline centered on the case and Alex’s talents as a grave witch/plane weaver, the story was fine. Unfortunately (for me) the case took place entirely in faerie. I’m not a huge fan of the fae by a long stretch
Kira
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it

The story seems to be ever increasingly rooted in Faerie. Grave magic did play a role in this although it was a small one. I miss it that Alex no longer seems to be straddling two worlds, but it may be a temporary break from that. Rather momentous things happened. Alex’s life will no longer be the same.

My feelings are mixed about how some things have turned out, but it is good that Alex’s path has become more clear. She learned much more about her magic and the history of faerie. Knowin
Shelley
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

Grave Destiny is the sixth installment in author Kalayna Price's Alex Craft series. As a series summary, Grave Witch Alex Craft desperately needs training in being a plane weaver. Up to this point, she's been shooting in the dark hoping that something doesn't backfire and cause even more issues. Trouble has a tendency of following Alex around like bad luck.

*Full Review @ Gizmos Reviews*

Minx
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, arc, 2019
Grave Destiny is a turning point in the Alex Craft series and I absolutely enjoyed it! This story was a thrilling read indeed as Alex’s services were engaged by two different sources in order to investigate the most inexplicable murder that she has yet to encounter. To say that everyone was stumped would have been an understatement! What really made it imperative that this mystery was solved as quickly as possible were the political implications that would arise if word was to get out about who ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
I do like historical romance on audio, but urban fantasy I have discovered to work just as well. Some genres to seem to click more and get even better in audio. And this one certainly did just that.

Alex gets a new case. A dead body in Faerie and possible war if a killer is not caught. I never remember who I ship since the wait between books is usually quite long. So Faelan who? Stop crying over spilled milk, Dugan seems juicy! As it is no Alex is not dating anyone (still miss you Death!), Faelan
Jen Davis
So good. Review to come.

*ARC provided by publisher
Kathy Davie
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sixth in the Alex Kraft paranormal fantasy series and revolving around a grave witch who speaks to the dead in Nekros City, Texas, part of a territory that appeared after the Magical Awakening 70 years ago.

My Take
The story uses first-person protagonist point-of-view from Alex's perspective, so everything is only what she experiences: The parties, dressing to kill, chases, murders, deceptions, seductions, contagion, politics, distrust (oops, I already said "politics"), and greater knowledge of ho
Roxanne Rhoads
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't care how long I have to wait between books, I will always swoop up the newest book in this series and read it right away whether I'm in the middle of another book or not. An Alex Craft novel will get my attention.

Grave Destiny has Alex investigating a new case- a murder that occurred in Faerie. A member of the Shadow Court has been found dead in the Winter Court next to a Winter court resident, it's all very odd.

So Alex is hired first by Prince Dugan and then by the Winter Queen to get t
Stacy
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GRAVE DESTINY is up there with my favorite installments of the series.

GRAVE DESTINY is big on Faerie. Not only does it take place in Faerie for a majority of the story, but we learn a lot more about faerie and the people that inhabit it. There are a lot of twists involved as well as mystery. Alex continues to learn more about her powers and her place in Faerie. I enjoyed the action, I enjoyed the characters and I enjoyed the storyline.

A few thoughts on the men in this series. Prince Dugan—of t
All Things Urban Fantasy
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

GRAVE DESTINY was a fun return to the world of Alex Craft and feels like a large turning point for the series based on some pretty big changes that occur as a result of various characters' actions. Sometimes I get annoyed at books having summaries of what happened in the previous books but there was so much that happened that I didn't mind getting a quick refresher! In general the plot was in the sweet spot where it wasn't so frentic that I couldn't kee
Jeanny
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-releases
Audible version.
I oscillated between ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ or ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ but ultimately decided although the writing was well done it was horribly predictable with 2 exceptions. Ultimately ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ strong stars is the fair rating. I will continue the series.
Allison Sesame
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-or-ya
A quick and fun read. I must admit that I do love me some trash fantasy.
Susan
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grave Destiny is the 6th installment in the Alex Craft series. Seems like I waited forever for this one! Alex is back with Falin & Dugan trying to solve a murder in Faerie. I really enjoyed Dugan and hope to see him more, but I really missed Death! Lots of new characters and answers for Alex kept me turning the pages until the surprise ending. Didn’t see that one coming! Looking forward to what’s next for Alex.

*ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.
Milian Glafira
Jul 11, 2017 marked it as to-read
more than one whole year??? **by the fae**!! how will we survive that long??! how many rereads during ths long horrible wait, and then knowing there's a next book.... ohdear.....
● ᴢᴏᴇʏ ●
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fae
Best one in the series - couldn't have ended better!

Hopefully the series continues.
Lorena
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free ARC of this book from NetGalley.

A solid and enjoyable entry in the series. I enjoy this series more when it focuses on the fae side of Alex's heritage, and this book was all fae politics, all the time. There is also some nice movement and resolution in some of the long-running story lines, which set up some interesting possibilities for future books in the series.
Rebecca
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been with this author since the very first book in the Alex Craft series back in 2010, and because of how much I loved her writing, I even ended up reading her Haven books. I'll admit that I nearly gave up hope there for a while when there was a four year gap between Book 3 & Book 4, but I've read a lot of UF and nothing else was quite like this series, so I found myself always checking up on it even as the years went by.

So this review is actually going to focus on Alex's love life, alt
Eva Millien
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While trying to come to terms with her changing powers and her growing ties to Faerie, Alex is asked to investigate a politically sensitive murder by a fae prince. With FIB agent Falin Andrews along as her backup, Alex soon discovers that the intricate of web of alliances and intrigue in the Faerie courts is strained to the limits and war is about to break out.

Adrenaline pumping thrills and chills abound throughout this explosive Alex Craft novel. Falin and Alex’s chemistry sizzles with lots of
Anita
Sixth book in a series that I always enjoy, but seldom remember after I've finished a book. I don't know why I keep forgetting this series exists. I do honestly like it. It's about a mostly fairy with a rare power who was raised human. She gets embroiled in all sorts of plots and schemes while solving mysteries. She also has a not common, but not rare ability to raise the shades of the dead for questioning in various investigations.

In this one, there's been a murder in the winter court that imp
Penny Noble
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a treat to be back in this world; I did miss it. I also just read there is one more book which I am very eager for so the story can be wrapped up. Back to this book, Alex is dealing with her new powers when she is contracted to help solve the murder of two faes. But things are not as they seem, and it isn’t long before Alex’s life is in danger once again. Because of the author’s great writing, I enjoyed this book from beginning to end, and I don’t want to say much, but I’m glad the suitor I ...more
B.C. Deeks
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-romance
I love this series! It has a perfectly imperfect heroine, a flawed anti hero, and an intricate alternate universe that becomes more nuanced with each new story. Add the fact that the series weaves in a solid police procedural plotline in each book and I'm completely hooked. In case you're a latecomer- Grave Destiny is #6. Alex Craft is a Grave Witch who was raised as a human. She has set up a small private investigation business to use her ability to interview the 'shades' of the recently murder ...more
 Vanessa  B. ☽♡
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS.

I think it was the best book of the series so far. I like Alex and from all of her suitors I want her with Falin. This time I did get confused because Dugan is way too mysterious and kind of charming.
In Grave Destiny we spend almost all the time in Faerie and we learn a lot more things about the courts and the royals, than in all the other books together. What I missed were Alex's friends..

I think there is going to be one more book in the series and I hope it's not 2 years of waiting
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
SOS: Serious Over...: [May 2019] "Grave Destiny" Discussion 1 21 Mar 24, 2019 07:26PM

• Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)
  • Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)
  • Rise of the Demon  (Kara Gillian, #9)
  • That Ain’t Witchcraft (InCryptid, #8)
  • The Beyond (Devil's Isle, #4)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • The Cold Light of Day (Charlie Madigan, #5)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Demon's Dance (Lizzie Grace, #4)
  • Red Hot Rain (Weather Warden, #10)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Untitled (Persephone Alcmedi, #7)
  • Sin & Salvation (Demigods of San Francisco, #3)
  • Edge of Darkness (Rhiannon's Law, #4)
  • The Sharp Bite of Ritual (Spellcrackers.com, #6)
USA Today Bestselling author Kalayna Price writes the Alex Craft Novels, a new dark urban fantasy series from Roc, and the Novels of Haven from Bell Bridge Books. Her works have been translated into several languages and are available (or have been contracted for release) in the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, France, Poland, Russia, and Germany. Kalayna draws her ideas from the world around her, ...more

Alex Craft (7 books)
  • Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1)
  • Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2)
  • Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3)
  • Grave Visions (Alex Craft, #4)
  • Grave Ransom (Alex Craft, #5)
  • Untitled (Alex Craft, #7)