Start by marking “Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)” as Want to Read:
Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)

Grave Destiny

(Alex Craft #6)

Grave witch Alex Craft can speak to the dead, and that makes her a dangerous enemy for anyone with something to hide. . . .

Alex is still trying to come to terms with her changing powers and her growing ties to Faerie when a case she’d rather avoid falls right into her lap. A fae prince desperately needs Alex to investigate a politically sensitive murder. She reluctantly ag
Mass Market Paperback, 374 pages
Published April 2nd 2019 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Grave Destiny, please sign up.
Dustina Granlund While she was originally contracted for 6 books, she posted on Facebook that she had negotiated for a 7th book to be released as well so she could end…moreWhile she was originally contracted for 6 books, she posted on Facebook that she had negotiated for a 7th book to be released as well so she could end the series the way she wanted to.(less)
Dennis Davie Just curious but so you think the series can be wrapped up with and/or in the 6th book? I'm looking for a new series to begin shortly (just finishing …moreJust curious but so you think the series can be wrapped up with and/or in the 6th book? I'm looking for a new series to begin shortly (just finishing up a different series right now) but I'd like to know if/when the Alex Craft series is complete. I'm certainly fine with 5 or 6 (even a few more) in a series - but I don't want to get invested into a series that's going to be like 25 books long like some authors generate. While they may very well be great, and I love reading, I also like moving onto a new set of characters and storylines after a handful of books as well. My preference is 5-7 total in a series...by then I'm ready to start burying myself with another character(s) story. :-)(less)

Start your review of Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)
Denisa
OMG OMG OMG!

Ok, so let me tell you a story (a short one this time, I promise!).
It was a good read 'til about 80%, then it became really good and, at about 91%, I couldn't put it down. Problem was, I had to get to work (and, so nice of me, I did). But after about one hour after I started, I kept thinking about the book and what will happen. So guess what I did?
Yup, I was pretending to work while I was reading the book.

Don't know what that says about my work ethic but you know what that says about
Beth
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex wants to find a way to learn more about her powers when she is hired both by the shadow and winter courts to uncover murders that have taken place in the winter court. Alex finds herself, with Dugan and Falin, traversing a tenuous path that has them all in the sights of the killer.

Price writes a strong and masterfully engaging addition to the Alex Craft series. The mystery will keep you guessing till the end while captivating the reader with characters that you just can't help but to route
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

I always know when I open an Alex Craft book I am going to get one heck of an action packed adventure. One that will keep me rapidly turning the pages and engaged the whole way through.

I have loved these characters from the very beginning and even though I once thought myself as not a fan of anything having to do with the fae, this series completely changed my mind.

From the very first page it was obvious this series stood out. The deceit, the lies, the glamour, the mystery, the death
Patricia Huynh
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Update 2:
Ooooooh. EMMMM. GEEE. ***spoilers***

My prayers to the author lord have been answered, because I have never seen a more redefining moment for a series that I loved to pieces prior. BECAUSE HOLY CRAP THAT ENDING. Was. Amazing. Grave Destiny was written well; down the pacing, action, new friendships, sarcasm, political machinations, mystery, and best of all, my desperately greatly desired faerie romance. How DID she do it???

Ya'll, let me tell you, I have been FIGHTING hard core for that fa
Maggie ☘
Aug 31, 2018 marked it as tbr-highly-interested
Based on the winter themed cover I have a BAD feeling Alex will end up with Falin. Even after the events of the last book I still had hope (maybe) for her and Death. And yes, this is one of those lame UF series with still unresolved love triangle until the bitter end, maybe not even then. I don't know if the author herself was even 100% sure who she wanted Alex to end up with, or if it was a later on in the series decision, seems to me like the letter. It was very back and forth, but I always go ...more
Rozus
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
i loved it!!! GREAT ENDING

................................................................

yeah six books!!
pls i need more FALIN.
FALIN x ALEX OTP!!
This isn't the first time that Alex has been asked to investigate a murder that happened in Faerie but this time the potential consequences are all out war between two of the courts so the stakes have never been higher. When it appears that a member of the Shadows has murdered a Winter Court noble tensions between the two reach breaking point. Dugan comes to Alex for help as he wants to prevent a war and along with Falin the three begin a difficult investigation, it quickly becomes clear that no ...more
Melliane
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mon avis en Français

My English review

It’s always a real pleasure to find a new Alex Craft novel, so how can I resist this 6th volume? Well, I can’t and I was really looking forward to finding out what the author was going to propose, and I’m thrilled!

Alex needs help to control her powers, but now she finds herself in a story that is completely beyond her control. Dugan and Falin need her to investigate a murder that could well lead to a war. As a team, our three heroes will have to face severa
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars, but I’m rounding up because although it wasn’t to my personal taste, that doesn’t mean it’s not interesting and well written.

Definite mixed feelings on this book. While it was nice to have a new book after a wait of two years, the storyline didn’t tick all of my boxes. When the plotline centered on the case and Alex’s talents as a grave witch/plane weaver, the story was fine. Unfortunately (for me) the case took place entirely in faerie. I’m not a huge fan of the fae by a long stretch
Jen Davis
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this latest installment in the Alex Craft series. Even though there is what feels like an eternity between releases of these books, I am always able to jump back in so seamlessly and fall into the world. Alas, we do not see much of Death this time around. You can thank the events of the last book for that. Instead, this centers on an adventure Alex takes with Dugan, prince of the Shadow realm, and Falin, the Winter queen’s knight.

The story begins with Dugan visiting Tongues for
Kira
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it

The story seems to be ever increasingly rooted in Faerie. Grave magic did play a role in this although it was a small one. I miss it that Alex no longer seems to be straddling two worlds, but it may be a temporary break from that. Rather momentous things happened. Alex’s life will no longer be the same.

My feelings are mixed about how some things have turned out, but it is good that Alex’s path has become more clear. She learned much more about her magic and the history of faerie. Knowin
Shelley
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

Grave Destiny is the sixth installment in author Kalayna Price's Alex Craft series. As a series summary, Grave Witch Alex Craft desperately needs training in being a plane weaver. Up to this point, she's been shooting in the dark hoping that something doesn't backfire and cause even more issues. Trouble has a tendency of following Alex around like bad luck.

*Full Review @ Gizmos Reviews*

Minx
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, fantasy, read-in-2019
Grave Destiny is a turning point in the Alex Craft series and I absolutely enjoyed it! This story was a thrilling read indeed as Alex’s services were engaged by two different sources in order to investigate the most inexplicable murder that she has yet to encounter. To say that everyone was stumped would have been an understatement! What really made it imperative that this mystery was solved as quickly as possible were the political implications that would arise if word was to get out about who ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
I do like historical romance on audio, but urban fantasy I have discovered to work just as well. Some genres to seem to click more and get even better in audio. And this one certainly did just that.

Alex gets a new case. A dead body in Faerie and possible war if a killer is not caught. I never remember who I ship since the wait between books is usually quite long. So Faelan who? Stop crying over spilled milk, Dugan seems juicy! As it is no Alex is not dating anyone (still miss you Death!), Faelan
Kathy Davie
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sixth in the Alex Kraft paranormal fantasy series and revolving around a grave witch who speaks to the dead in Nekros City, Texas, part of a territory that appeared after the Magical Awakening 70 years ago.

My Take
The story uses first-person protagonist point-of-view from Alex's perspective, so everything is only what she experiences: The parties, dressing to kill, chases, murders, deceptions, seductions, contagion, politics, distrust (oops, I already said "politics"), and greater knowledge of ho
Roxanne Rhoads
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't care how long I have to wait between books, I will always swoop up the newest book in this series and read it right away whether I'm in the middle of another book or not. An Alex Craft novel will get my attention.

Grave Destiny has Alex investigating a new case- a murder that occurred in Faerie. A member of the Shadow Court has been found dead in the Winter Court next to a Winter court resident, it's all very odd.

So Alex is hired first by Prince Dugan and then by the Winter Queen to get t
All Things Urban Fantasy
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

GRAVE DESTINY was a fun return to the world of Alex Craft and feels like a large turning point for the series based on some pretty big changes that occur as a result of various characters' actions. Sometimes I get annoyed at books having summaries of what happened in the previous books but there was so much that happened that I didn't mind getting a quick refresher! In general the plot was in the sweet spot where it wasn't so frentic that I couldn't kee
Stacy
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GRAVE DESTINY is up there with my favorite installments of the series.

GRAVE DESTINY is big on Faerie. Not only does it take place in Faerie for a majority of the story, but we learn a lot more about faerie and the people that inhabit it. There are a lot of twists involved as well as mystery. Alex continues to learn more about her powers and her place in Faerie. I enjoyed the action, I enjoyed the characters and I enjoyed the storyline.

A few thoughts on the men in this series. Prince Dugan—of t
Theresa
5 Stars... We travel deep into faery throughout this read... Alex and Falin are tasked with solving a murder in the Winter Court... As the plot thickens, so do the pool of suspects converging from multiple courts... In the end betrayal is evident and the fallout will affect everyone in the faery realm... I enjoyed the interaction between Falin and Alex as they navigated this case and continued to learn about one another; their chemistry ranged from sweet to sexy to protective and all of it was G ...more
Jeanny
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Audible version.
I oscillated between ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ or ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ but ultimately decided although the writing was well done it was horribly predictable with 2 exceptions. Ultimately ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ strong stars is the fair rating. I will continue the series.
Snarktastic Sonja
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is so far my favorite of the bunch. Maybe just because of the explosive ending. I was sluggish reading this one and I think it was because I knew it was the second to last book and I'd have to wait 4 months for the final book in the series to come out. Truthfully, this could have been the final book. Well. Except for all those overarching plot points that barely move in each installation and I still have no idea where they are going.

In this installation, we spent very little time with PC an
Allison Sesame
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-or-ya
A quick and fun read. I must admit that I do love me some trash fantasy.
Susan
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grave Destiny is the 6th installment in the Alex Craft series. Seems like I waited forever for this one! Alex is back with Falin & Dugan trying to solve a murder in Faerie. I really enjoyed Dugan and hope to see him more, but I really missed Death! Lots of new characters and answers for Alex kept me turning the pages until the surprise ending. Didn’t see that one coming! Looking forward to what’s next for Alex.

*ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.
Milian Glafira
more than one whole year??? **by the fae**!! how will we survive that long??! how many rereads during ths long horrible wait, and then knowing there's a next book.... ohdear.....
Melanie
My review and an extended sample of the audiobook are posted at Hotlistens.com.

I really love this world that Kalayna Price has created. It features mostly witches and fae. Alex Craft is our main character and is a grave witch. She can raise shades of the dead to help police find out what happened to them and other things.

In this one, Alex has to help the Shadow Prince and the Winter Queen solve a murder of a member of Shadow Court that takes place in the Winter Court. Then there is Death’s boss,
Rebecca
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been with this author since the very first book in the Alex Craft series back in 2010, and because of how much I loved her writing, I even ended up reading her Haven books. I'll admit that I nearly gave up hope there for a while when there was a four year gap between Book 3 & Book 4, but I've read a lot of UF and nothing else was quite like this series, so I found myself always checking up on it even as the years went by.

So this review is actually going to focus on Alex's love life, althoug
Aly
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a great ending to a great series. I wish we had more time with Alex but did enjoy the book. I did very much enjoy the whole series.
● ᴢᴏᴇʏ ●
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fae
Best one in the series - couldn't have ended better!

Hopefully the series continues.
Melindeeloo
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this a lot. Setting this mostly in Faerie was a departure, but it was still a murder investigation amidst all the Fae intrigue.
 Vanessa  B. ☽♡
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
3.5 STARS.

I think it was the best book of the series so far. I like Alex and from all of her suitors I want her with Falin. This time I did get confused because Dugan is way too mysterious and kind of charming.
In Grave Destiny we spend almost all the time in Faerie and we learn a lot more things about the courts and the royals, than in all the other books together. What I missed were Alex's friends..

I think there is going to be one more book in the series and I hope it's not 2 years of waiting
SOS: Serious Over...: [May 2019] "Grave Destiny" Discussion 1 29 Mar 25, 2019 02:26AM

• Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)
  • Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)
  • Spells for the Dead (Soulwood #5)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Demon's Dance (Lizzie Grace, #4)
  • Kicking It
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • American Demon (The Hollows, #14)
  • The Beyond (Devil's Isle, #4)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Deadly Vows (Lizzie Grace, #6)
  • Shatter the Earth (Cassandra Palmer, #10)
  • Wicked Wings (Lizzie Grace, #5)
  • How to Wake an Undead City (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #6)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
USA Today Bestselling author Kalayna Price writes the Alex Craft Novels, a new dark urban fantasy series from Roc, and the Novels of Haven from Bell Bridge Books. Her works have been translated into several languages and are available (or have been contracted for release) in the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, France, Poland, Russia, and Germany. Kalayna draws her ideas from the world around her, ...more

Alex Craft (7 books)
  • Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1)
  • Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2)
  • Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3)
  • Grave Visions (Alex Craft, #4)
  • Grave Ransom (Alex Craft, #5)
  • Grave War (Alex Craft, #7)

News & Interviews