Start by marking “O Acordo” as Want to Read:
O Acordo

O Acordo

(Off-Campus #1)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  113,980 ratings  ·  9,707 reviews
Tocante, profundo, engraçado, sexy... ''O Acordo" é um romance que vai te encantar e surpreender a cada página.
Hannah Wells finalmente encontrou alguém que a interessasse. Mas, embora seja autoconfiante em vários outros aspectos da vida, carrega nas costas uma bagagem e tanto quando o assunto é sexo e sedução. Não vai ter jeito: ela vai ter que sair da zona de confor
Published May 1st 2016 by Editora Paralela (first published February 24th 2015)

·  113,980 ratings  ·  9,707 reviews

Start your review of O Acordo
Aestas Book Blog
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

SQUEEE!!!! I loooooved this book!! I was hooked from the very first page and spent the rest of my afternoon laughing out loud, swooning, fanning myself, and highlighting awesome and hilarious quotes non-stop!

So it's about this girl, Hannah, who is crushing hard on a football player. She's not one to usually get this mushy over a guy, but he's caught her eye and she wishes she was on his radar.

The hero is a a guy named Garrett. He's a bad boy hockey player with a bit of a manwhoring reputation around cam
Christy
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars!

photo 341E64BC-4B0C-4A12-93B6-B511532ADC88_zps0b3xkwc2.jpg

What can I say about The Deal that hasn’t been said in hundreds of other reviews… Well, I can say I regret being so late to the party on this one. I had a friend recommend this to me when she read it back in February and every few weeks I would get a message from her asking if I’d read it yet (thanks for pushing, Jen!) I can’t say
Kristen
5–Made My Heart Pitter Patter–Stars

description

Holy smokes! I LOVED this book hard! It's by far my favorite New Adult romance.

I'm not sure what more I can say that hasn't already been said about this delightful and entertaining book; therefore, I'll simply end with a quote from the story that captured my feelings perfectly.

"Tiny butterflies of happiness take flight in my stomach and dance around my heart."

Geri Reads
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-my-loves
5 stars!

See this face?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That's my face while reading this book. Yup. This book made me happy. Throughout the whole thing I was either giggling, laughing, sniffling, blushing, and then smiling and laughing some more.

And I'm not even sorry because heck, with so much shit happening in the world right now, it's nice to find a book that you can unabashedly get yourself lost in.

The Deal was another one of those unexpected reads. Unexpected beca
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4.5 stars!!

description

If only there were more NA romances like this one! This book completely charmed me, and is probably one of the best college romances I’ve read in a while now. While the premise isn’t anything I haven’t read before, I felt like the author took the idea and shaped it into her own unique tale, so trust me when I say it’s not your typical NA roclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
If
Mysza
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-read

Well... I was the lucky one who made it past 4th paragrapgh... And oh boy, am I glad I did, because this book... this book... was Freaking. Awesome!!! This is how NA should be done!!! For realz, I'm gonna do my happy dance here...

- college setting - check
- sport theme - check
- mega! hottie - check, check, check
- very likeable heroine - check
- great plot - check
- enemies to friends to lovers - check
- almost non drama relationship - check
- sexy sexy sexy bedroo
Jennifer Kyle
5 WINNING STARS

[image error]

What an enjoyable read that seriously didn’t bring anything crazy original to this genre but somewhere between the fantastic characters, the banter and the delivery, this story was a huge winner for me. My swooning and laughing while being totally engrossed along the pages of this story has to go to the fantastic writing of a truly talented writer. I need to check out her other books because it seems I’ve been totally missing out!

I loved the plot of our hockey jock, Garrett Graham hSTARS
[image
✦❋Arianna✦❋
4.5 STARS

description

“The Deal” was not my first book by Elle Kennedy, but for sure was the one that I loved the most. It was such an enjoyable read and from the start I couldn’t put it down. It was sweet, sexy and funny and even a little emotional at times and it just made me smile.

Despite the simple, not so original plot it was a refreshing read. Even if at first sightclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
“The
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE++++++++ STARS*****
{BR with Mel, Dee, and Sharon}

FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!

photo e41cf085b3faa8bdac438293b90912de_zpstbyqb8ua.jpg

This book was freaking AMAZEBALLS, with a heaping side of AWESOMESAUCE!!!! I don't think there are enough words in the English Dictionary to really express just how OVER THE MOON IN LOVE I am with this story!! This was utterly UNPUTDOWNABLE! I usually take days to finish a book, but this one grabbed on to me so tight and wouldn't let go. It is the bSharon}
FREAKING
Catarina
5 Amazing Stars.

Hannah is a simple girl who just wants her crush to finally notice her. Garret is the hot-shot, playboy, hockey player that needs help with one particular class he’s failing. He knows Hannah’s is the only who can help him, so they make a deal: she helps him pass the class, he helps her winning her crush’s attention by pretending to be interested in each other.
It seems the perfect deal, until things start to look very real and they can’t keep pretending anymore. The problem? Their pas
Katerina
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First read: May 2015
Reaction: It was ok, nothing special.
Second read: February 2016
Reaction: THIS IS SO PERFECT I'M GONNA DIE
Conclusion:

Dear Garrett Graham,
I am so, so sorry for not appreciating your perfection the first time I read The Deal. I strongly suspect that I was not ready to comprehend your otherwordly beauty, kindness and hotness. Perhaps the aforementioned hotness roasted my pathetic excuse of a brain. My heart, my body and my soul are yours. Please forgive me.

It's true
Mo
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Enjoyed this one.

It was smart, sexy, hot.
I adored Hannah, an ordinary girl who wasn't going to be bowled over by the He-man that was Garrett Graham. She was no pushover. She was no "puck bunny"!

“Just out of curiosity,” she says, “after you wake up in the morning, do you admire yourself in tclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Patrycja

Release Date: 24 February, 2015
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

From time to time, I still have the pleasure to read what I call a perfect new adult novel; great blend of heNo
stars
.2015
Kennedy
Release#1
Deal
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
Update November 5th Adding warnings for my friends who expect not only faithful hero but 0% OW activity. Look my warnings at the end of my original review. This is important because this is a book that I recommend all the time to readers who like me hate cheating
4.5 solid stars, rounded because this is a great New adult read, FREE OF CHEATING, barely any slutshaming and the hero is just adorable. I've found a new book boyfriend!

Devin Paisley as Garrett!

Devin Paisley as Garrett!

description

Thank you so much my friends of the safety gang for giving me information of this book. I was about to pass on this one because the author is the same of that rape fest, disloyal hero fest, antiromantic sex-scenes called Paper princess. I can't believe this is from the same author. Where one book seems to be pro-rape, and is 100% inappropiate for a "YA romance" audience, this book was sexy, romantic, funny, smart (for the most part), realistic from the point of view of an abuse survivor and her strugles, full of anti-rape messages, (almost)free of slutshaming, mature but still addictive in spite of the lack of drama and it was definetely a joy to read. In short the word I'm really looking for to describe this book is AWESOME!

Garrett is the ideal book-boyfriend if you were looking for one. He manages to be a tortured soul, manwhore without being a cheater or a disgustingly abusive guy! He was so manly and sweet at the same time. And the best is that he had a very funny side. I laughed so much with his wit and his charm. I love him so much that I got pissed of at Hannah for taking a stupid decision later that hurt him so much, but other than that I didn't have problems with this book.

description

All starts when Hannah, an abuse survivor and an "almost-non-TSTL" heroine (TSTL=too stupid to live) agrees to tutor Garrett in exchange of him helping her to get the attention of her crush. I say almost non TSTL because what I noticed from the two Elle Kennedy books I've read is that her heroines are strong for the first part of the book and later they become obedient and go along with the crap others put on them. For 70% of the book I was like "This is going to be a 6 stars" and it wasn't until the end that I had problems with Hannah because (view spoiler) but I still would prefer to root for Hannah 100000000 times over Ella, the heroine from the other Kennedy book I read. At least Hannah managed to be FUNNY, AND SMART FOR 80% of the book, she didn't slut-shame and she didn't let Garrett set the tone of the relationship or ordered her around. I love that in heroines.

Another thing that I love about this book is that sometimes you find adult fiction/erotica marketed as New adult reads, but there's barely any references to college life, to coming of age journeys and to trying to find your place while you're studying. Example of this would be At any price by Breana Audrey. It's labeled NA, but in reality it's more adult/erotica/romantic suspense. I love New adult, I love to see the struggles of people reaching adulthood but not quite there yet. This book is new adult featuring college life, full of college/coming of age situations and in my opinion a must read of the genre.

The romance builds slowly betweent these two, but it's not completely free of insta-love. I think it has the right rhythm for you to root for these two to be together, it's fast in a way but still you get to know them really well before anything happens. I enjoyed so much that. This book reminds me a lot of Beautiful disaster with the difference that Garrett never considers cheating throughout the customary separation of the couple that happens in all NA reads. Hannah considers cheating, though! But at the end nothing horrible happens and we get our HEA and closure. No cliffhanger here.

I'm recommending this to romance readers who like me hate TSTLness, cheating heroes, slut shamming and "adult" characters acting like teens. It's been a while since a contemporary romance impressed but The Deal surprised me in a good way, just when I was about to give up on the erotic romance genre.

WARNINGS
There is OW activity twice. Once the same day H talks h for the first time and another when she's still crushing in another guy but she's slowly falling for hero. I didn't mind. My hard limit is when that happens after our couple kiss for the first time. (view spoiler)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Update added at end of review...

4 Sexy Sweet Stars

So I'm gonna preface this shit show of a review with a tangent.

Yesterday I started this detox thing that does not allow me to have coffee.

Which means I have not had ANY caffeine in my system for over 24 hours for the first time since junior high school.

Being that my typical daily intake of caffeine includes 3 cups of black regular, a mid-morning Americano with 4 espresso shots, and an afternoon quad latte...I am hurting like a bitch.

And my brain is in..."rarer" form than normal.review...
Whitney Atkinson
9/3/2018
Updated my review because it was very long and I criticized things that in hindsight aren't as big a deal

TW: Rape (mentions throughout + flashback scene), domestic violence/abuse

Let me disclaim that there was MASSIVE potential here for a good book, but it had so many problems. I began highlighting lines that said problematic things, and I ended up having 147 notes of things that made me cringe or things that made me uncomfortable. If this book went
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister by: Amy | Foxy Blogs
Shelves: young-adult
*Just about 4 Stars* — Great read!

The Deal is the perfect choice when you’re looking for something engaging, sexy, and light—with a lil' dose of depth to trigger your emotions.

YES, those who claim this book contains cliches aren’t kidding. There are certainly plenty of cliched one-liners to go around, but for some reason, I was able to glide right past them.

And… okay …so maybe just about everyone in this book is totally hot, and the storyline was often predictable…

Am I selling you on this book yet?

But, here’s where I think this story trulypredictable…
Am
alyssa
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, 2017-reads
First Read: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Second Read: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Third Read: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

THIRD TIME’S A CHARM 😂 can someone tell me where I can find a guy like garrett from?

Ahhhhh, I LOVE 💙 this series❗Complete trash for Garrett 😍

Lead Male Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Lead Female Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Plotline: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Genre: Sports (hockey) and romance
Will I recommend this book to others?: Hell yeah!
Will I reread this book?: Absolutely!
Overall story summed up in one word: Garrett-tastic! ;)

First Read: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Lead Male Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Lead Female Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Plotline: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Genre: Sports (hockey) and romance
Will I recommend this book to others?: Hell yeah!
Will I reread this book?: Absolutely!
Overall story summed up in one word: Garrett-tastic! ;)

description

"'Are you taking human growth hormones or something? There's no way that huge man monster is fitting inside me!'"

This book was definitely what I needed at the moment. Since Christmas, I was in a reading slump and I wanted something fun and light, maybe a romance novel to get me back into the mood of reading. Looking through my TBR list, I came upon this one and decided that this would be perfect! There were many glowing reviews and of course, I had to see what everyone was talking about. And can I just say, I wasn't in the least bit disappointed with this one. In fact, I'm not in a slump anymore so this worked perfectly!

description

"'I'm hot for you, Garrett. Only you.'"

My first Elle Kennedy book and definitely not my last! When I first started The Deal, I'll admit, it sounded pretty cliche-y, you know? Where the shy and nobody girl has this big crush on the football jock and enlists the help of a friend or some other jock to help get his attention, they fall in love, and BAM! End of story. But, it was just so funny and I had to keep going. Hannah and Garrett has this chemistry about them that just makes me smile like an idiot. If only I knew a guy like Garrett, it'd be heaven... Anyways, this book didn't make me smile or chuckle, but it downright made me howl in laughter. I always love a good romance novel with humor in it :D

Not to mention, those sex scenes were oh so steamy! Garrett is just ahhhhhhh-mazing, especially in bed. *waggles eyebrows*

Plus, I read the majority of this on January 1st, the same day as Garrett's birthday :D

"'I love you, Garrett.'"

"'I love you, Hannah.'"

description

"I don't look back these days. I only look forward."

description

Everything about this book was perfect, from the different characters, to the plot, and the conflict, I enjoyed every minute of it! Garrett is sexy and Hannah is one lucky girl to have a guy like him!
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

There are already a ton of reviews for this one so I'll keep it short and sweet...

Yes to some great banter!

Yes to some smokin' hot sex!

Yes to low drama and angst!

Yes to likable MCs that didn't make me roll my eyes!

Garrett was *sigh*.....I just loved him! He was cocky and arrogant, yet thoughtful and sweet.

This one may have been predictable and not too far outside of the box but it didn't have the added BS that makes me not enjoy the NA genre much anymore!

So Elle Kennedy....

4.5 Stars!

Yes to some great banter!

Yes to some smokin' hot sex!

Yes to low drama and angst!

Yes to likable MCs that didn't make me roll my eyes!

So Elle Kennedy....

jessica
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the whole fake dating to real dating isnt my favourite trope. usually because it deals with childish games, playing 'hard to get,' and making people jealous. im not a fan of those kind of dating tactics (maybe thats why im single) but this pleasantly surprised me.

the highlight of this story is definitely the interactions and chemistry between hannah and garrett. their banter is relatable and i actually believed the feelings between them. it was so adorable to see how they grew into liking
Emma Chase
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Believe the hype!! Purely wonderful - still smiling days later.
LOVED IT!!!
Pearl Angeli
"One day I was telling him to get lost, the next, I'm snuggling in bed with him. Life is so frickin' weird sometimes."

WOW! WHY DIDN'T I PICK THIS BOOK UP EARLIER?

description

The Deal proves to be a huge surprise in the best sense possible. It's such a great New Adult book complete with all the elements that can make you swoon like crazy! I had so much fun reading this book. I have been eye-ing this for about a year now and I have to say that I did regret why it took me so long to dive into it.

I was immediately wrapped up in this
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Elle Kennedy Fans, Hockey, NA, Romance
5 Face Palming, HardCore Loving Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free OMG OMG OMG THIS IS FREE!!!!
Elle Kennedy has been a go-to author for me whenever I wanted something with an easy to follow plot and a very sensual, spicy, sexy man. The woman would be complete, not weak, focused, either on work, relationship... or lack thereof... and have friends to back her up. Real people... with love stories that were HOT! In all of her work I have read...I felt she had a very keen grasp on what worked for these stories. In other words,
Candace
Sweet, Heart-Warming College Love Story

This was a fairly light-hearted and humorous love story with a HEA. Although it was extremely predictable, it was entertaining and heartfelt. Sometimes, predictable is alright and that was the case for this book.

Garrett is a star hockey player at school. He aggressively pursues Hannah, a more reserved music major, after seeing that she aced a test in a shared class. His poor score on the test will drop his GPA and result in him being benched
Rachel Reads Ravenously
11/22/16 edit
I've been rereading romance favorites and I forgot how much I loved this one!!! Makes me want to reread the whole series!
******************************************
February 2015:
4.5-5 Wellsy stars!

"The ice looked so shiny and smooth, until you got close enough to it, and suddenly all the uneven edges and crisscrossed skate marks became visible. That’s me, I guess. Covered with skate marks that nobody ever seems to notice.”

photo the deal.png

This is one of those books that really does live up to the hype! We've all been seeing this book passed around, and normally2015:
Sleepless Readmore
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sleepless by: Rin W. Vitale
She asked me to tell her the three words
every girl wants to hear.
So I whispered,
"I play hockey" in her ear.

5 MOTHER PUCKING STARS ..
Garrett and Hannah

10 Reasons To Date A Hockey Player

1. They have great hands.
2. They always wear protection.
3. They know when to play rough.
4. They can score from any position.
5. Never stop until the job is done.
6. They love to slam bodies.
7. When the play rough they hit from behind.
8. Tremendous stamina and endurance.
9. Good players score more than once a night.
10. All other athletes like to play wiPlayer
1.class="gr-hostedUserImg">
10ear.
whispered,
I ...more

|4.5 stars|

Well, she got the orgasm. She did. And I know I’m going to get the sex. I will. But right now, all I want is for this girl to smile at me again.

I fell in love with Garrett. Big time.

I had so much fun reading this book I'm still smiling like an idiot and my cheeks hurt.

Alright so The Deal tells Hannah Wells' story and how she's going to get her crush's attention. She's in college and she's major in Vocal Performance, s
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
SO. That was surprisingly good. It was definitely NA, but the angst level was low, so it felt more like contemporary, just with coeds instead of professionals. PLUS hockey players.

I bloodydamn love hockey players.

Full RTC.

Pre-review:

YEAH. What now Cinda Williams Chima? V.E. Schwab? Are you happy? Are you proud of yourselves?!

Brandi

4.5 Stars

description

There are tons of kickass reviews for this book and well I'm in slacker mode, so I will keep it short. I enjoyed everything about this one. The characters were great, the sex was hot, it was an all around fantastic read. The story was nothing new, but I still loved it.

4.5 Stars

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
"Sometimes people sneak up on you and suddenly you don’t know how you ever lived without them."

A few weeks ago I was in dire need of a funny and sexy read and so I went to my adorable Gansey and asked her for a book recommendation!
This is what she came up with! *lol*

So let me say this before I continue with my review:

Gansey, I’m not disappointed!! XD
You did an amazing job and I’ll definitely consult you in the future! ;-P Thank you!!! =)
And now let’s move on before I get

• The Friend Zone (Game On, #2)
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
  • The Hook Up (Game On, #1)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1)
  • Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
  • Kulti
  • Punk 57
  • Pretty Reckless (All Saints High, #1)
  • Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
  • Pucked (Pucked, #1)
  • Tangled (Tangled, #1)
  • Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game
  • Paper Princess (The Royals, #1)
  • Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)
  • The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game
  • Now I Can Die in Peace: How ESPN's Sports Guy Found Salvation, with a Little Help from Nomar, Pedro, Shawshank and the 2004
A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently writes for various publishers. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha hero

Off-Campus (4 books)
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • The Goal (Off-Campus, #4)
“Just out of curiosity,” she says, “after you wake up in the morning, do you admire yourself in the mirror for one hour or two?”

“Two,” I reply cheerfully.

“Do you high five yourself?”

“Of course not.” I smirk. “I kiss each of my biceps and then point to the ceiling and thank the big man upstairs for creating such a perfect male specimen.”
407 likes
“Him: Confession: I deleted all the 1 Direction from your iPod when u were in the can.
You’re welcome.
Me: WHAT?? I’m going to kiss u!
Him: With tongue?
It takes me a second to realize what happened, at which point I’m completely mortified.
Me: Kill u! I meant KILL. u. Damn autocorrect.
Him: Surrrrrre. Let’s blame it on autocorrect.
Me: Shut it.
Him: I think someone wants to kiss me…”
276 likes