Start by marking “Burnout (NYPD Blue & Gold, #1)” as Want to Read:
Burnout (NYPD Blue & Gold, #1)

Burnout

(NYPD Blue & Gold #1)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  285 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Sexy-as-sin Police Chief Mike Flannery knows the new arrival to Hopewell Springs is trouble. She has a smoking-hot body and a quick wit…and he’ll be damned if that’s not a turn-on. But this former NYPD cop and small-town heartthrob has been burned before, and there’s no way he’ll let that happen again.

New York City Detective Cassie Yates is on the run. A six-month undercov
Published June 13th 2016 by Entangled: Select Suspense

To ask other readers questions about Burnout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burnout

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3 Stars

Who read this book because they were totally lured in by a hot cover?

What? Have you seen those abs? I'm weak, mkay! But I digress...

I love a good romantic suspense, and aside from the extremely hot cover, I was really intrigued by the blurb here. A tough as nails NYC detective meets small town Police Chief that's running from a painful past of his own? Yes please!

The sparks between these two were instant, but it was a slow burn, which I also appreciated. Cassie may be a cop herself but he
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

I enjoyed this book. Both Mike and Cassie are relateable characters and while there was an element of suspense, there was also a great story of 2 people getting to know one another that was well written and enjoyable to read.

The pacing was strong, the characters well written and consistent and the supporting characters were also fun and added to the story.
1-Click Addict Support Group
This is my first Tee O'Fallon book, and whoa, it most definitely will not be my last. Wickedly suspenseful, with a simmering chemistry between two lovable leads, Burnout proved to be edge-of-your-seat fun mixed with small-town-romance charm.

I love a small-town book, truly. I love the camaraderie between characters, that ‘everyone knows everyone’ feel that makes you feel closer, more involved and invested in the lives of these fictional people. And Burnout had that. The secondary characters were
Beth
Cassie has followed in her family’s foots steps becoming a detective but she’s always dreamed of becoming a chef. When a small town dinner’s chef quits, she takes up the mantle and impresses the tough as nails boss. This gives Cassie the perfect opportunity to fly under the radar you see…Cassie is a NYC undercover detective and is in a self-imposed “witness protection”. While on the job, she is a witness to criminal actions that have painted a big target on her head. Worst thing is someone in he ...more
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
The abs on that cover are the first thing that caught my eye but the blurb was very enticing and anyone that knows me knows that I can't pass up any romantic suspense book. Well, it was worth it because BURNOUT is exciting and steamy, well-written and a great debut for Ms. O'Fallon.

Undercover NYPD Police Detective Cassie Yates is at the point where she's rethinking her current job path and the news that a hit has been taken out on her is one more item in the con column, but until the person who
Bette Hansen
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one! It's a great romance with a great suspense element to it. Mike and Cassie were great characters and I enjoyed how their relationship developed slowly throughout the story. The attraction was there but the build up took a bit which was a nice change from all the insta-love I've read lately.

Cassie Yates has been working an undercover assignment for 6 months. Now that the job is done she finds out there is a hit out on her so she falls off the grid and hides out in Hopewell Spring
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
3.5 STARS!

Burnout is the first installment in the NYPD Blue & Gold series by Tee O'Fallon; and my first book from this author.

I have to confess I didn't read the blurb. The cover was what made me one-click it. I know, I know but have you seen those abs? Sorry but at the end of the day I'm just a horny girl. LOL.

description

After 6 months working as an undercover sting in a bar, Cassie was hoping for a smooth arrest–but now there's a hit out on her.
What do you do when you have a hired assassin trying
Elaine
This is a great start to a new series. The heroine in this story is Detective Cassie Yates and, after six months working undercover, she’s now trying to stay off the radar to stop the hit man who is after her succeeding in killing her. She’s opted not to go to a safe house, is using an assumed identity and has driving off into the unknown. Well, that was the plan! En route she stopped for food in a small town and ended up getting a job working there as the Chef! She’d always enjoyed preparing an ...more
Romance Readers Retreat
The story itself I won't rehash to much. Cassie Yates has been undercover for a while in a sleazy nightclub. When the operation is done and dusted and cassie decides to take off for a break, it seems a hit gets put on her head. Cassie ends up in the town of Hopewell Springs where she meets the town cop Mike Flannery. Mike was unlucky in love before and was used so he has vowed never to love again, well until he meets Cassie but with secrets in the air and things going wrong in town can he walk a ...more
Coral
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plot: 4/5
Characterisation: 4/5
Prose: 4/5
How much I enjoyed it: 5/5

Based on the plot, the book is more of a contemporary romance with suspense elements than a straight romantic suspense. So, we get to see the main characters Cassie & Mike fall in love at their own pace. I like how the suspense part of the story blends in seamlessly and kept simple.
Elizabeth Neal
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The stuff has hit the fan. I repeat, the stuff has hit the fan. That's pretty much all Cassie needed to know before she hit the road to keep herself safe. Cassie, a deep-cover cop, has just finished a six month long undercover assignment as a bartender inside a club featuring underage girls. Yeah, I'm thinking there's not enough brain bleach in the world to remove those memories from her brain, not to mention everything those poor girls had to endure. But her part is over and Cassie is contempla ...more
Nikki
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhh, another favorite book that I just couldn't get enough of!! I absolutely adored Cassie and Mike's story, simply amazing. Cops are my ALL time favorite and this one might just hit my top 5 cop book ever!! I was on the edge the whole time wondering what would happen next.

Cassie is such a strong willed detective but she realizes she hasn't been happy for a while, even though she loves the cop job. But now might be her big break into her real dreams... If there ever were a perfect time for an
Kim Vanravenswaay
What does it take to cause a cop to burnout? Well Cassie finds out the hard way that she needs to make a change in careers soon or she might not live to see another day. Where as when Mike's burnout happens he chooses to change locations instead. Both have secrets that are better kept under wraps, but secrets have a way of coming out at the worst times. If you like detective stories or cop stories then Burnout will be a new favorite.
Heather andrews
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like when men will do anything for their women, "when she stood on her tiptoes again and touched her lips to his, Mike knew he would forgive her anything." When asleep Cassie can't be held accountable for her actions, "he slid his arm around her shoulder and pressed her head to his chest. She sighed in her sleep and rested her hand on his crotch." I liked this book, I really loved Mike.
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dom and Daisy met in the 2nd book in the series as the best friends of Gray and Alex respectively, and they had a steamy one night affair before Dom ducked out in the middle of the night.  They have seen each other a couple of times, but Daisy refuses to get involved with him again...okay, that doesn't last, of course!

The threat from the Pyramid syndicate is heating up, and Dom goes undercover to try and take them down.  This involves getting 'fired' from the detective job he has worked so har
jshoptoyoudropyahoo.com
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read

Boy Cassie is Fiesty. Being a detective under cover , she got to leave her home, job, and work and hide. Someone is trying to kill her. Pulling into a small town she helps out as a chef . Mike a policeman been burned by a woman who lied to him. Seeing Cassie he can't fight the attraction any longer . He knows Casie hiding something but the attraction to strong to not give in to temptations
Aleta
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Lots of potential, but I had a hard time taking Cassie seriously as a cop. I’m also not sure why she even became or stayed a cop with as much aversion to the career as she had. Who goes to culinary school and then becomes a police officer? Can’t say it was family pressure if you already bucked them by attending culinary school!

I would read more books by this author, with hopes that her plotting and characters improve over subsequent books, but not at a high price.
BookGirlVlP
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down!! This story was fast-paced with a great cast of characters and a ton of twists and turns. I loved the main characters and the evolution of their relationship throughout the book. This is book is definitely on my favorites shelf. I can not wait to read the next one!
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
Tee O'Fallon is a new to me author, and I'm so glad I've discovered another great romantic suspense writer! Yes, this cover whore was snagged by this lickable book, but once the pages started turning and the mystery started unfolding, I was hooked! Highly recommend!
Charlene
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent storytelling, Typical Ending

I loved the story, the action scenes, and the characters were well defined. However, why does EVERY single romance book end with the lead female being pregnant??? I am so tired of that!!
Rebecca Delio
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exceptional Story

I think to date I have read all the books written to date in this series, each book can be read alone but as I have found it is better to read them in order, the are all exceptional stories.....
Justine Ann
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I could not put this down. I want more. So good. The writing was brilliant and the story keeps you drawn in.
Hazel
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, rom-susp, animals
Burnout is a great romantic suspense book. I loved it so much that as soon as I finished it I went on Amazon to purchase all of Tee O'Fallon's other books. Can't wait to get started.
Ginny Mahnken
Unbelievable. Kept me on the edge of my seat. I stayed up all night to read. Five stars!!!
Hope next book is just as good. Would like to see her bring back all characters to next book. Can't wait! Five Stars!!!!!
Home. Love. Books.
Check out more of my reviews on at Home. Love. Books. - The best place to find your next book! http://www.homelovebooks.com photo synopsisgraphic.png

Man oh man this book was so close to being a five star review for me, I really liked it, I liked it a lot actually. Truth be told I have no idea why I picked out this book, other than I think I was looking for a firefighter book and the title made me think it would have firemen, but it turns out the book was about cops, lots and lots of cops. And it was a fun ride, not at al
Matilde Damkier
I'm having a hard time with this one. On one hand I really liked all the characters, as well as the plot.
My only problem, really, was that I didn't feel the connection between the heroine and the hero - at all. And there were way too many pages about the connection between them, since that was the case.
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What Is It About:
Cassie is a police officer from New York. After completing an undercover operation, it's discovered that she has a hit out on her so she runs. She takes one of her former undercover identities and her former police dog and ends up in Hopewell Springs, where she fulfills her lifelong dream of being a cook. The police chief there is Mike, who feels and instant connection with Cassie but he senses that she's hiding something big from him. As her assassins close in and danger is bei
Yvonne Cruz
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I “discovered” Ms O’Fallon by chance when reviewing Blood Money for Netgalley and became an instant fan.
So I decided to go back to this first book of the series, NYPD Blue & Gold.
This one turned out to be just as good, engaging and one not to missed. Both main characters, Mike and Cassie are well developed, and interesting. The romance, and suspense grasp you by the shoulders and let’s not forget the dog, Raven.
All in all , one not to be missed.
Brigitte
This is the first book that I have read by this author and I really like her style. It sure kept me on my toes from beginning to end.

Cassie has just accomplished one of an undercover stint as a cop in a nightclub in NYC. Everything appears to have gone smoothly but suddenly she finds that she has a price on her head. Instead of going to a safe place, she decides to go in hiding somewhere out of reach until the case is fully resolved. She has her dog Raven for company. Feeling hungry she stops i
Donna Repsher
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this title in exchange for an honest review and here it is: 5 stars.

This is the first novel I've read by this author and the first novel in a new series, and it kept me glued to my Kindle until 4:00 a.m.

Cassie Yates is a NYC detective who has been working undercover as a bartender in a sleazy bar where drinks aren't the main feature--there are underage girls being trafficked, drugged and exploited. When the bust finally happens, she soon learns that someone, she assumes it's
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sequel To Burnout By Tee O'Fallon 2 3 Jan 24, 2017 12:08PM
  • Bound to the Bounty Hunter (Bound, #1)
  • Blow (Virtuous Paradox, #1)
  • Malibu Secrets (Malibu Sights, #2)
  • Her Secret Lover (What Happens In Vegas, #11)
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood, #1)
  • Deceived (Dark Alliance, #1)
  • Engaging the Bachelor (Pulse, #1)
  • The Gun Runner (Mafia Made, #1)
  • Under Your Skin (For Your Love #1)
  • Color Me Crazy
  • The Millionaire Daddy Project (Men of the Zodiac, #5)
  • Stranger in my House (A Murder in Texas #2)
  • Tailored for Trouble (Happy Pants, #1)
  • Broken Play (Birmingham Rebels, #1)
  • Bound Beneath His Pain (Dirty Little Secrets, #1)
  • Gun Shy (SEALs at the Ready #2)
  • You Little Thief
  • Her Australian Hero (The Australians #1)
Tee O’Fallon has been a federal agent for twenty-three years, giving her hands-on experience in the field of law enforcement that she combines with her love of romantic suspense. Tee’s job affords her the unique opportunity to work with the heroic and sexy men in law enforcement on a daily basis. For Tee, research is the easy part!

Besides writing, she loves cooking, gardening, chocolate, lychee ma

NYPD Blue & Gold (3 books)
  • Blood Money (NYPD Blue & Gold, #2)
  • Disavowed (NYPD Blue & Gold #3)