Start by marking “Royal Affair (Royal Scandal, #1)” as Want to Read:
Royal Affair (Royal Scandal, #1)

Royal Affair (Royal Scandal #1)

One seriously sexy son-of-a-duke . . .

Behind the posh British accent, Dylan Hale possesses a down-and-dirty sexiness. Off-the-charts gorgeous, a ruthless architect . . . and did I mention he's a future duke? Every time we touch, it's wildfire. All need and lust and heat. But Dylan has rules: just sex, no one can know, and in the bedroom he gets complete control. All I hav
Published February 14th 2017 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Royal Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Royal Affair

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Dec 19, 2016 Cristina | CristiinaReads rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
That title doe...

This was quiet an interesting story...

ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review, coming closer to release date February 14th, 2017...
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
Feb 10, 2017 Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover rated it really liked it
:::3.75 Stars:::
ARC graciously provided in exchange for an honest review**

I'm surprised that this is a debut novel! I really liked her writing. It was polished, posh and just what I think a "royalty" book should sound like. As the book kept going I found I was enjoying it more and more. And Dylan Hale was swoonworthy! It had a bit of a twist that I wasn't expecting, and at times it wasn't very original, but Ms. Swift delivered a cute story with lovable characters.

I'm really excited for this auth
Helena Hunting
Jan 20, 2017 Helena Hunting rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic-romance
A stunning debut! Compelling, emotionally intense and full of heat, a Royal Affair will keep you entranced to the very last page.

I'm a slow reader. Very slow. But I stayed up horribly late, ran longer on the treadmill (yes, I read and run) just so I could stay immersed in this story and these amazing characters. And when I got to the end, like an addict, I wanted more. I can't wait for Royal Disaster, the second book in this series.

Royal Affair is self contained. And it's amazing. Dylan Hale wil
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
This was a alright read, but not the best. Seemed a bit too familiar to This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas. It was light (though not too light), easy and fast going. Dylan Hale (30) was hot, kind, sexy, controlling and possessive. Lydia Bell (24, turns 25 in the last couple of pages) was sweet, naive, stupid, adoring and loving. Together they were cute. Though a bit too cute. Overall, the book was predictable and straight forward. Also there was too much sexy and too little story.

“I can’t be a have
Sabrina
Feb 14, 2017 Sabrina marked it as to-read
Fran
Mar 18, 2017 Fran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars, royal-rumble
I don't usually read books like this anymore because, let's face it, I've read about a hundred of this before already. But it's still pretty entertaining to get into once in a while.

What I don't particularly miss about this trope is that it always ends in a cliffhanger. Of course.
Mg Herrera

It's LIVE: AMAZON

description

British-Control Freak in bed-Royalty? Yeah. SOLD.

That’s what I got from the blurb, so of course I requested this one. Who doesn't love a future duke who has as a rule to have complete control in the bedroom. I do.

But the more I read, the more the story reminded me of another one. Wealthy hero who doesn't do relationships. Spanking and stalking included. And a sassy heroine who loves to push the hero buttons. A little familiar, right? Yeah, That’s what I thought. But even though
Beth
What do you get when you match a hot as heck, British - destined to be duke Dylan Hale and a Broolynite, heading to England for a new career in the fashion industry, Lydia…ONE HECK OF AN EXPLOSIVE READ!

What an amazing combination, a BROILING HOT and romantic comedy, Swift explodes on the scene with a roar!

Fabulously strong characters clash societies norms with chemistry that burns up the pages!

Parker Swifts provides a riveting, fun and unbreakable character connections in ROYAL AFFAIR.

I receiv
Lex Martin
Jan 21, 2017 Lex Martin rated it it was amazing
Talk about a debut author shooting out of the gates! This book had me up until four a.m. so I could get my Dylan Hale fix. Once I got started, I could not put Royal Affair down. Equal parts sweet and sinfully hot, this story will sweep you off your feet. And when I say hot, I mean volcanic. Bring a fan.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Feb 14, 2017 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2017
Royal Affair (Royal Scandal #1) by Parker Swift
4 stars!!!

“You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

For a debut book Parker Swift really delivered and I have to be honest and say it did not read like a debut at all, the writing was very accomplished and totally engaging. I love a good Royal book and this is what initially caught my attention, I then read the synopsis and being British reading it was a no brainer and so I dived in.

Lydia Bell is not i
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
4 Crowns

This book was really what I was expecting. Yes, I knew it would be a story about a non-royal and royal with all the restrictions and limitations it implies, but I wasn't expecting the steam and heat.

Dylan is more alpha than any royal I can ever remember reading about. He is confident, attractive, and has complete control in and out of the bedroom. His control leads into his protective nature of Lydia. He encompasses all the attributes readers love abut alpha heroes.

Lydia is the American
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Leigh's review:

I have to admit, I went into this book with a slightly bad attitude. A rich guy, part of the aristocracy, that is wanting a “secret” relationship. One that he warns is just sex, will not lead anywhere, and no one can know about it. Basically, a royal booty call.

Have some self respect, sister!!

And that is completely not what I got. Instead, Royal Affair turned into a sweet and kinky story with main characters I adored, antagonists I despised, and an author that has me stun
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
4.50 Stars
Title: Royal Affair
Author: Parker Swift
Release Date: February 14, 2017
Cliffhanger/Three book series!

I still can't believe Royal Affair Parker Swifts debut novel! Dylan and Lydia’s sexually charged affair will fog up your e-reader screen with all of their royal sexcapades. This book captivated me from the first to the last page.

Dylan is British royalty and Lydia is an “ordinary” woman.
After a chance meeting, the two embark on a sex-with-no-strings relationship. Lydia and Dylan have a
Sophie
Feb 14, 2017 Sophie rated it really liked it
As a blogger, I tend to stay away from trilogies as I struggle to remember the books previously, when the next one releases and I usually don't have time to re-read. However, when I saw the Royal Series I couldn't pass it up. And I am so, so glad I went for it. Parker Swift, where have you been all my reading life! Royal Affair is a fantastic start to a trilogy that I simply cannot wait to finish!

Royal Affair is a well paced, well written book. This book captured my attention and held it from b
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
3 stars!

Well this was interesting! I requested the book because the blurb sounded promising enough to snap me out of my reading slump and it did!

I read this within hours and it was highly entertaining. This was a British version of Fifty Shades of Grey with less BDSM and a royal twist and a Devil Wears Prada combination. The hero is a wealthy son of a Duke who doesn't do relationships and he has a thing for spanking. And stalking. And flying people over and buying expensive gifts. Doesn't ring A
Cocktails and Books
I adored this book. First, Dylan, the hero is British. That alone is enough to get me to pick the book up. Second, he's a Marquess. I do love the aristocracy no matter what era. Third, he's absolutely filthy. Poor inexperienced, naive Lydia didn't know what hit her when she met Dylan.

My only "complaint" about the book is the amount of time we spend in Lydia's head. The POV is her's, so you'd expect to be in her head. But we spent a lot of time there when she was in a "moment" with Dylan. I would
Victoria Denault
Feb 09, 2017 Victoria Denault rated it it was amazing
Dylan Hale. That’s the name of your new book boyfriend.
He’s angsty, alpha and British, so yeah, pretty much perfection. And so is the story. Royal Affair is so addictive, so steamy and so intense it’s hard to believe it’s Parker Swift's debut book. She created a secret love affair between Lydia and Dylan so sexy and exciting I couldn’t put it down. READ IT! You will be royally pleased you did!
Kimmy
4 Royally Amazing Stars!!

First off Ms. Parker Swift what an amazing debut book. Great Job!!

photo F17BC861-A1F2-40E7-B91D-B55C84FC0454_zpseo4rsv5b.gif

Going into Royal Affair I wasn't exactly sure of what I was in for. Once I got started I just couldn't put the book down.

Lydia is spending the summer babysitting for a rich family until she packs up and moves to London to work for a new fashion designer. This all happens after the death of her last living relative, her father. While babysitting she runs into the sexy Duke Dylan.

Dylan is a sexy, hot, a
April ~ The Reading Belles
I volunteered to review an ARC.

DNF at 30%.

I usually give new-to-me authors a chance to redeem themselves at 20% mark but sadly, this story and the characters did not hold my attention as much as I would've like them to. The hero (I don't think he is but for the sake of terminologies, let's give him that) was a selfish prick and I hated him the moment he just went to tell the heroine what to do, where to meet him without so much as asking. I know it had to do with the alpha thing but the guy rubb
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 05, 2017 Bookgasms Book Blog rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
If there is one type of novel that I am loving lately it is the ROYALTY novels. I absolutely cannot get enough of them! Royal affair was such an outstanding debut novel from Parker Swift. It was full of heat, heart and had such an addicting story. I could not put it down!

Dylan Hale was absolutely amazing. He was so sexy and will blow you mind! This novel was seriously so fantastic. I have a huge book hangover! I can't stop thinking about it and I finished it days ago! Lydia was such a great matc
Heather andrews
Jan 30, 2017 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
I loved when Lydia's claws came out, “I know you like to call me yours and in the heat of the moment say ‘you’re mine’ and all that, but the reality is, I’m not, and you don’t actually want that. I can’t just be your secret stash of kink forever. I need to, well, I need to protect myself.” I liked Dylan's idea for romance, “now let’s go have some fun, and then I’m going to get you home and give you a birthday spanking— one for each year.” My jaw dropped, and he smiled at my shock. “And you’ll lo ...more
Ilana
Dec 22, 2016 Ilana rated it really liked it
Title: Royal Affair
Author: Parker Swift
Publisher/Year: Forever Yours 2/14/17
Length: 262 Pages
Series: Royal Scandal #1

Overview

One seriously sexy son-of-a-duke . . .

Scarlett Se Leva
Feb 02, 2017 Scarlett Se Leva rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-reads
I have mixed feelings about this book. It was an ok read for me. It reminded me of somewhat Fiftyish. Each time I would read another chapter Fifty came to mind. I enjoyed Fifty better. The thing is the book was still a page turner and a quick read.

I guess the basis of the story didn’t really do it for me. It just seemed like the story was just about sex. I don’t understand how the characters feel for each other. How can you say you love someone when all you do is have sex!!!???. The characters
Michelle
Feb 14, 2017 Michelle rated it really liked it

Royal Affair is the first book in the new adult contemporary romance, Royal Scandal series by author Parker Swift. I really enjoyed Royal Affair. It is the perfect valentines day read, or really a read for any day of the year. It has lots of romance, sexy times, witty banter and great characters. I can't wait for the next book in the Royal Scandal series, because this one sure did brighten my day.

At first, I has no i
Feb 18, 2017 Laura rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

3.5 Stars

I enjoy the royal trope, but there are some aspects of it that drive me insane, namely..fake countries. So, I was glad that this one was set in London. No, I realize this is not something that should really matter to the story, and I realize there are a lot of them out there, very popular ones, set in fake countries.

I liked Dylan a lot. I htought he seemed realistic and oyu can understand the need that he has to protect her from the papar
Isha Coleman
Jan 27, 2017 Isha Coleman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC Review: Royal Affair (Royal Scandal) by Parker Swift

Dylan is every woman's fantasy until he opens his mouth and goes from dream guy to tempting prospect. Royal Affair takes lust, love and royalty and gives it a modern edge with a bad boy lead. I had a love/hate relationship with Dylan. His arrogance frustrated me but at the same time he could easily seduce me into forgetting that I wanted to knock some sense into him. Never have I come across a character practically becomes real before my ey
Jeannie Zelos
Royal Affair,  Parker Swift

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  romance, erotica

So, a debut book I think, can’t find any more by Parker anyway.
Its always a gamble not knowing what writing style you’ll get in a debut book, could be perfect for you or could be something you hate – I got lucky here, I love it.
Actually I’ve had several really good, well written and fun debut reads this year.

Inevitably this will get Fifty comparison. That trilogy has spawned so many others, some good, bu
Cally
Apr 30, 2017 Cally rated it it was amazing
This is the first time that I have read anything by this author and its not going to be the last i loved this book and cant wait to read the rest of the series.

We meet 24 year old American Lydia Hale she is in a emotional state after caring for her dad through his illness which he sadly passed away from so now she has to think what direction she wants her life to go in next. Lydia plans to leave New York and go to London to work with an up-and-coming fashion designer. But before she goes away sh
Leigh  Kramer
Apr 19, 2017 Leigh Kramer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went back and forth about what I thought about Dylan for almost the whole book. He's clearly an alpha but it often verged on over the top, especially because it didn't match his insistence on keeping things casual and secretive. (view spoiler) ...more
Dates With K
Feb 16, 2017 Dates With K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
****4 ‘London Lovers’ STARS****

A hot dominating British royal and a smart vivacious American heat up the pages in Parker Swift’s sexy sensual debut tale of secret friends with benefits…and so much more.  Engaging, witty, hot as heck and a little angsty I thoroughly enjoyed each page and look forward to the continuing journey of the Royal Scandal Series.

“I was out of my element, but for the first time I didn’t mind.  In fact, I loved it.  It was like the moment when you are in the water and sud
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Parker Swift grew up in Providence, Rhode Island and then grew up again in New York, London, and Minneapolis and currently lives in Connecticut. She has spent most of her adult life examining romantic relationships in an academic lab as a professor of social psychology. Now, she’s exploring the romantic lives of her fictional characters in the pages of her books. When she’s not writing, she spends ...more
More about Parker Swift...

Royal Scandal (3 books)
  • Royal Disaster (Royal Scandal #2)
  • Royal Treatment (Royal Scandal #3)