Start by marking “Muffins & Biscuits: 50 Recipes to Start Your Day with a Smile (Breakfast Cookbook, Muffin Cookbook, Baking Cookbook)” as Want to Read:

Whether slathered with mouthwatering homemade spreads or savored just as they are, muffins and biscuits are comfort food at its finest. This follow-up to the successful Grilled Cheese Kitchen features 50 recipes for tender-on-the-inside, crunchy-on-the-outside biscuits and melt-in-your-mouth muffins as well as an irresistible assortment of flavored butters, sauces, and ...more
Published March 7th 2017 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Muffins & Biscuits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muffins & Biscuits

Start your review of Muffins & Biscuits: 50 Recipes to Start Your Day with a Smile (Breakfast Cookbook, Muffin Cookbook, Baking Cookbook)
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking, baking
I love making breads.

I've always been good at making biscuits. I usually use my Grandma Ashley's biscuit recipe. I've even dared, in the past, to put my Grandma Ashley's biscuit recipe up against other people's biscuits (see my post from September of 2012, The Pioneer Woman vs. Grandma).

I was happy to snag a copy of Heidi Gibson's Muffins and Biscuits from Chronicle Books at last year's BookExpo in New York City. This week, I finally got a chance to try the recipe I've always wanted to try:
Eric Mesa
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Written by the owner of a bakery, this book has relatively easy-to-follow recipes and beautiful photos of the muffins and biscuits. I've made one biscuit recipe in here and it's already a staple of our weekend big breakfasts. Many recipes end with instructions for variants you could make from the base recipe. If you're looking to expand your muffin and biscuit repertoire, this book is worth having.
Richard Brylczyk
I have been a fan of breakfasts and brunches my entire life. Breakfast breads are the highlight of my cooking and baking experiences. This compilation of recipes is by far the best I have ever encountered. I intend to work my way through the recipes in this book to find my favorites and the unexpected surprises for my palate.
Sierra
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, on-bookshelf, kindle
So many yummy recipes, I cannot wait to try quite a few!
Robin Fox
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must have

Create for Breakfast, brunch, snack, tea, dinner, picnics, outings, and camping. They are Easy and Delicious. You'll be Successful. Complete.
Maca Meillon
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

All the recipes are easy enough and sound delicious. Loved the explanations and the photos. There are many recipes that are very different and original.
Mercer County Library System
This book has great pictures with lots of variety in muffins and biscuits. (Reviewed by Julia, Lawrence Branch)
Robert Register
Liz Pirolo
Nov 26, 2019
Karlissa Kawecki
May 24, 2017

• Without a Trace (Rock Harbor, #1)
  • Mediterranean Diet Meal Prep: Delicious and Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes. Lose Weight, Save Time and Feel Your Best with The Mediterranean Diet (Mediterranean Diet For Beginners)
  • The Easy Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan: 4 Weeks to Jump-start Your Journey to Lifelong Health
  • 7 Days of Christmas: A Season of Generosity
  • Better with Books: 500 Diverse Books to Ignite Empathy and Encourage Self-Acceptance in Tweens and Teens
  • White Bird
  • Merry and Bright
  • Tartine All Day: Modern Recipes for the Home Cook [a Cookbook]
  • One Taste Too Many (Sarah Blair Mystery, #1)
  • The Third Thursday Community Potluck Cookbook: Recipes and Stories to Celebrate the Bounty of the Moment
  • The Shortest Way Home
  • Buddha Bowls: 100 Nourishing One-Bowl Meals
  • From Scratch
  • Sheet Pan Suppers Vegetarian: 100 Recipes for Simple, Satisfying, Hands-Off Meals Straight from the Oven
  • This is Where I Leave You