Start by marking “A Midsummer Night's Fling (Much Ado About Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Midsummer Night's Fling (Much Ado About Love, #1)

A Midsummer Night's Fling (Much Ado About Love, #1)

The show must go on, but the price of admission could be her heart.

Sick of her vagabond life in a Broadway touring company, Nicola is ready to settle down. She wants nothing more than to park her suitcase in California, put out feelers for local auditions, and leave her past firmly behind her.

Too bad her past comes knocking on her door her first day home. All six-foot-thre
Published June 20th 2016 by Jack's House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Midsummer Night's Fling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Midsummer Night's Fling

Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
One of my all time favorite books happens to be a second chance romance set against the backdrop of a Shakespearean theatre production. So, given that, I was a bit skeptical about how a story that sounded so similar would compare. Well I may have went in to this book without expectations, but I'm happy to say that A Midsummer Night's Fling wholly consumed me from beginning to end. It was not only addictive and sexy, but it was DIFFERENT. It's refreshing. This story is entertaining and angsty and ...more
Michelle
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 7bb8c4e0516226ecac3a1d61f825a8_zpsvpjmx83g.gif

A Midsummer Night's Fling by Eliza Walker is a fresh, modern story that was sexy, angsty, sweet, and had the strong raw emotional pull to keep readers like myself entertained. Though this book started off a bit slow in the beginning, I did find the story line to begin to pick up when Ms. Walker slowly added depth and a bit of drama to spice things up between the hero and heroine. In homage to Shakespeare, the drama was the driving force in
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

As someone who spent her high school years as a member of the school's thespian group, I forgot how overly dramatic, back stabbing, hateful and "close" theater people could be but A Midsummer's Night Fling reminded me right away. While I liked this book, I didn't love it; so much of it was dealing with hurt feelings from the past and jealousy and not enough was spent focusing on the here and now. As this was the first book in the series a lot
Jessica
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
As an English teacher, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Shakespeare. And on of my favorite Shakespeare plays? A Midsummer Night's Dream! So when I saw that this book was a fun romance based around actors in my beloved play, I was excited to pick it up.

Nicola is a dedicated actress who is always on the hunt for her next job. The last job she expects to earn, though, is from her ex-boyfriend who comes knocking on her door after not seeing one another for five years. Nicola knows she can't go down that
Jaime Arkin
3.5 - I grabbed this title on a whim, I was looking for some new contemporary romance to indulge in and this showed up in my inbox and I kind a love stories that involve the theater so I dove right in!
I was pleasantly surprised. The writing is solid here, and the story itself was interesting. I feel like fans of the ins and out of the theater world are definitely going to enjoy this, but even those who aren’t as much (like me) will still like it too!

Nicola and Max have a lot of history… not al
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
Eliza Walker you Killed this book! 5 Midsummer Night's Fling Stars!!

photo tumblr_n4la1rHeoY1tz9k69o1_400_zpsdjzd1zif.gif

This book drew me in from the very first chapter and didn't let me go until the very last sentence of the book. A Midsummer Night's Fling was a sexual intense read that you won't want to put down.

Nicola is an upcoming actress who has been touring doing musical plays for the last 5 years after a hard break-up with Max. Just when she thinks she's finally gotten her personal life back on track she is thrown a curve ball when Max
Nicole Smith
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a delightful story. If you're a fan of plays you will just love this one. Nicola and Max have a past. An on and off again type a relationship. They broke each others' heart and have not seen one another in a long time. Now they must work together to bring the Midsummer Nights play to life. This book gives you a look at how a play comes together with rehearsals, costumes designs, and the unpleasant people you sometimes have to work with. Can Max and Nicola work together without their exp ...more
Ann
Marie Force interviewed this Author on her blog and I've received a few emails from Ms. Force hyping this bk. Took the chance on it, but it didn't do anything for me. Just couldn't finish.
Rachel
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars

Nicola is tired of the stress of touring, playing in the chorus while understudying with little potential to lead, constantly changing cities, living out of hotel rooms and suitcases. Though she dreams of staying local, she is floored when she is offered the part of Titania in a premier Shakespeare company. The only catch is she is playing opposite her ex, the man who broke her heart so many times in the past.

Max knows it’s a longshot that Nicola will accept the role he is offering, b
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-arc
4.0 "TITANIA AND OBERON" STARS!!!

My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep,’” she murmured, remembering . “‘ The more I give to thee , the more I have, for both are infinite.’”

I really do not know where to begin with my review to be real honest. It's not because I didn't like it because really it's the opposite. I like it a lot that I even thought why haven't I dig in to Shakespear's when I was still studying? Seriously, Eliza Walker just made me want to read and memorize Shakespea
Rustys
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Before I started reading, I had to switch hats.
I had to remove myself from the world of bad boys, rock stars and dark erotica and place myself into a world dominated by actors, production artists, costume designers and directors.

Listening to the actors as they interacted with one another, the back stabbing for upcoming parts and even their humor was refreshing.
It was like being a fly on the wall spying on their private world.

This is the romance of Nicola and Max. Madly in love when they
were yo
Pop Fizz Clink Read
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: french-sparkle
This book was truly exceptional! Completely full of detail, attention, charm and spellbinding pages.
Filled with more drama than a soap opera; as the characters of this story act out their rehearsal for a large production of A Midsummer Nights Dream. Their struggles, their emotions, the battle to be perfection.
The drama is a roller coaster ride of words; exciting to read, full of power, & often leaving you breathless.

It has a Shakespearean twist that reminds you of the first movie, play, boo
Mandy Desay
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
As a couple Max and Nicola haven't been lucky in love, they have been off again on again so many times. Now 5 years on Max and Nicola are cast opposite each other in a production of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' realising the chemistry between them is still hot, but can they really stick to just a fling during the production or will they realise that maybe they are more than just a fling.

I wasn't sure at first what to expect with this book, as this was told from a narrator's POV rather than the i
Paula  Phillips
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Five years ago Nicola had her heartbroken by Max, and they went their separate ways with her going to Broadway and touring with the shows. Five years ago though, Max's career went down the loo, and he became blacklisted until a mutual friend of theirs Rita gave him a chance. Now the lead female character for Titania has left the show, and they need a replacement. Enter in Nicola who has moved back home for stability and accepted the role. However when she gets to the theater things aren't what ...more
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
***4.5 Stars***

A Midsummer Night's Fling is the first book in the Much Ado About Love Series. I will say that I am not a big Shakespeare fan. Of course in High School, we read the plays and I have seen a few movies but that is it. I actually watched A Midsummer Night's Dream the night before I started the book. It's not necessary but it did help me understand the characters that the book characters will be portraying in the play.

Nicola has been on tour singing in a few musicals for the last fi
books are love
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

So love the book overall and can’t wait to read the next. I had a few growls here and there but overall I really really enjoyed. The princess bride quotes that were switched as to who said life is pain princess was totally awesome.

What had me growl: Lachlan at the end. He was a wee bit green eyed and just frustrating. Peter Max’s brother he was selfish and irritating at times. What he did to help contribute to Max’s downfall and his attitude when he first
Malissa
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh the angst, all the angst. I am actually not a fan of angst, angst in books makes me an angsty reader and you won't like me when I am angsty, but in some miraculous turn of events the angst in this book just plain works and it doesn't make me want to grab at my hair in frustration on curl my fingers around my book until I am on the verge of bending the cover. Maybe it is because it's a story that revolves around the theater and we expect a certain angsty behavior out of these characters. Maybe ...more
Michelle
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**A Midsummer Night's Fling is the first book in the contemporary romance Much Ado About Love series by Eliza Walker. I think this book will appeal to fans of both new adult and adult fiction, though technically I think it is cast as adult fiction. The characters are young enough that they can fall into either category. A fun fact about this book is that it is from a new publishing house from romance author powerhouse ...more
Christi
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a great debut novel by Eliza Walker. If this is what she can produce with her first book, I can't wait to read more from her. I read this in one sitting and was hooked from the very beginning.  Truth be told, I was a little weary that I might not like it since I knew there'd be some Shakespeare in it, but I wanted to give it a shot after I was asked to read it. Why? First, because it's a second chance romance and I love those and second because I love stories about actors.

Nicola Charle
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
I was in Drama all through high school and it was one of my favorite experiences of that time, so whenever I see a book with play actors come along, I'm always excited to read it and A Midsummer Night's Fling was no different! I just couldn't wait to start it and it did not disappoint. A Midsummer Night's Fling was absolutely fantastic - I completely loved it!

I really liked Nicola - she's a great heroine! She's independent, strong, and although she's passionate, she's not a hothead - she has ver
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Shelves: à-traduire, 2016
Eliza Walker est une toute nouvelle auteure et lorsqu’on m’a proposé de lire son premier roman, le résumé m’ayant plu, j’ai décidé de tenter l’aventure. Il faut croire que je suis dans ma période seconde chance, mais malheureusement pour A Midsummer Night’s Fling, j’ai été un peu déçue par ma lecture… J’en attendais bien plus de ce livre, plus d’intensité, plus de surprises et plus de rebondissements.

Nicola est une actrice qui a su faire son trou dans les comédies musicales telles que Wicked, ma
Amy
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Note: I received this book for free from Sullivan & Partners in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. I was not paid to write this. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

A Midsummer Night’s Fling by Eliza Walker is a second chance romance (or perhaps third?) that is filled with Shakespearean references. The main characters are after all part of a summer production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream by one of the premier Shakespeare c
Elle Christensen
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This second chance romance is adorable and sexy at the same time. The cast of characters is definitely intriguing and they keep your attention throughout. One thing the author did very well was to inspire emotion toward them, whether negative or positive, I still had feelings for the characters. The plot is fun and has some unique elements. The outdoor theatre and summer Shakespeare cast reminded me of Shakespeare in the Park, in Central Park every summer.
I also enjoyed the witty nature of the
Badass Bloggettes
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am crazy about second chance romances throw in the behind the scenes shenanigans of theater groups then add Shakespeare’s plays what’s not to like about A Midsummer’s Night Fling.

A Midsummer’s Night Fling a standalone book in the Much Ado About Love series by Eliza Walker. This is the story of Nicola Charles and Max (Maxim) Fiesengerke. These two started their romance as young, high school sweethearts. As their young on again, off again romance went through many changes until it finally ended
Tracey
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

*****4.5 Romantically Theatrical Stars*****

Max and Nicola have what you might call a complicated past. Starting out as high school sweethearts, they loved hard and broke up often, continuing the pattern until they just couldn't. Eight years later, Nicola has put all of that behind her, making a life for herself doing what she loves. Sort of. When Max shows up with an offer that will mean working in close quarters with him again, Nicola does the only logical thing. She says yes...

Like most reade
Kelsey
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Midsummer Night's Fling is the first book in Eliza Walker's new Much Ado About Love series. It is the story of two actors, Max and Nicola. They first met years ago, in high school theater. They fell in love as kids, stayed together for years, and almost got married. But their insecurities and other issues tore them apart. They haven't seen each other in years and now they are costarring in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream together. All of the old feelings resurface and the chemistry bet ...more
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Most times I find myself in awe of anyone who can understand Shakespeare. Then there are those who act the Shakespeare plays, and then I'm completely boggled.

My two Shakespeare plays are A Midsummer Night's Dream and Much Ado About Nothing. And what do you know, they are both in some version of this story's title and the series' name.

Having shared that - I can't really call myself a true Shakespeare fan. I don't think I know most of his plays (only the few really famous ones) and again - they a
Lisa
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lisa by: The Reading Room Blog
I received a copy of this story for an honest review.

Theater is a weakness of mine so when I read the synopsis for Eliza Walker's A Midsummer Night's Fling I knew I had to check the story out. I was happy to find a fun second chance romance that was light on the angst and heavy on heat and happiness.

What I Loved: A Midsummer Night's Fling is an incredibly easy read that I was able to finish in one sitting. Max and Nicola have a wonderful connection and their push/pull attraction had me in turns
Becky
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
Shakespeare, musical theater, and The Princess Bride references? Yes, please!

A Midsummer Night's Fling is a second- (no, wait--third-...er, make that fourth-) chance romance story set in an absolutely amazing-sounding theater among the cast members of a premier Shakespeare company doing--what else?--A Midsummer Night's Dream. Our main characters, Max and Nic, have tried the whole relationship thing--several times--and now are determined to be just friends.

Friends who are playing Oberon and Titan
Romance
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This is so much more than a “fling” this book is absolutely beautiful. Nicola is completely floored when Max comes back into her life. Never did she expect to have a spark ignite into an inferno. That was the beauty of this book, watching Nicola and Max build on a once collapsed relationship. These two fall in love again in the same way they fell the first time, via Shakespeare.

We all love and appreciate Shakespeare, what better way to capture an audience's attention than with his work. All the
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Stuck On You
  • Sands of Betrayal (Kilted Desire, #1)
  • Living Dangerously (Adrenaline Highs, #4)
  • Ashes
  • Dancing with Paris (A Paris Time Travel Romance)
  • Dinner For Two (Queensbay, #1)
  • Stand-In Star
  • Throw Like a Woman
  • Billionaire's Flight
  • Lady in Black
  • Blood Money: A Lucky Dey Thriller
  • Every Move She Makes (Who's Watching Now, #1)
  • You Can't Go Home Again
  • Fix You (Fix You, #1)
  • Vanishing Act
  • Bittersweet Love (Bittersweet #2)
  • 25 Perfect Days
  • Winter at Mustang Ridge (Mustang Ridge, #2)
Eliza Walker, a native of Los Angeles, is the author of the Much Ado About Love Series that begins with A Midsummer Night’s Fling. Her experiences as an actress helped inspire the series about actors finding love amidst the bedlam backstage at a world-class repertory theater. Once upon a time, Eliza met her own wonderful husband when they did a play together.

By day Eliza helps corral engineers fo