Start by marking “Snowbound at Christmas (Montana Men, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Snowbound at Christmas (Montana Men, #5.5)

Snowbound at Christmas

(Montana Men #5.5)

When a snowstorm pummels the western half of the country, three couples find once off-limits love just in time for Christmas. An unforgettable holiday anthology from bestselling authors Jennifer Ryan, Maisey Yates, and Lia Riley.

Close to Perfect: A Montana Men Novella by Jennifer Ryan

At sixteen, Abigail gave Dex the gift of a lifetime, but the cost of it was more than he e
Published November 15th 2016 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Snowbound at Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowbound at Christmas

Claire Robinson
5 - "You kiss Santa with that mouth..?" Stars!

Three Christmas novellas, by three different authors, all three extremely enjoyable reads.

This compilation for me was the epitome of what I want from my Christmas reading; sweet, seasonal, emotive, with low drama, likeable characters and really easy to get along with writing.

"Santa sent me a snowstorm."

But what mainly drew me to it, was the fact that all three authors are ones I have heard a lot about but never actually read before, so it was a grea
Stacee
I do love Maisey Yates, so I immediately requested this on her name alone.

I have a love hate relationship with novellas. It's never quite enough for me. I enjoyed the banter and chemistry of all of the stories in this collection. And I easily could have read full books from all of them. It was especially sweet to be back in the Brightwater world and see this couples again.

Overall, a quick read with a balance of fluff and angsty times.

**Huge thanks to Avon Books for providing the arc free of c
Lia Riley
Nov 04, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Thanks for checking out my books. Do you need a happy ending? Me too! So why not join my Facebook reader group "Riley's Readers" where we can dish on everything from romance novels to wellness to recipes? Must like cool people, hot gossip, behind-the-scenes peeks, and man candy! Be the first to hear about book news and sales.

Hope to see you there! Riley Reader's Facebook Group
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
Snowed in at Copper Ridge Lodge by Maisey Yates
4 stars

Yates packed lot of feels into this novella! The sparks between Mia and Devlin were electrifying and I loved how their attraction exposed the emotional bonds that tied them together over the years. It made for some sweet, sexy, and very eye opening conversations. I also loved the banter! The sandwich-as-sex metaphor conversation...I was cracking up!

Close to Perfect by Jennifer Ryan

While Dex wasn’t expecting the news of a 9 year old
Suze Lavender
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
-Close to Perfect-

Dex and Abby found real love with each other when they were still in their teens. Unfortunately something awful happened and Abby was forced to leave. Dex never stopped missing her. When after ten years Abby returns he finds out she kept a secret, something that will change his life completely. Will Dex be able to forgive her?

Abby and Dex are both sweethearts and I instantly liked them. They have good hearts and had plenty of undeserved back luck in their lives. They could cert
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfect.
Just perfect.

That's the easiest and most accurate way to describe this trio of holiday stories by three gifted authors. Below, I'll give you a short review of each individual installment, but as a whole, this anthology was constructed exactly right.

Snowbound at Christmas followed a theme that tied the novellas together, without them being associated directly. All can be read standalone—but all are also from series that are as charming, addictive and engaging as these morsels would mak
Deniz
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
A holiday romance collection, where all three stories are based around a couple that ends up stuck in a snow storm?
So my kinda thing.
I love snowy romances. That's no secret.
But I have to confess: I really like holiday novellas. Don't ask me why, I just really do. The setting is just swoony and perfect and maybe its because I met my husband around then? Color me nostalgic, but it works for me. Especially if it's a novella.
Snowbound at Christmas feature three stories. They all part of a cowboy
Erin Lewis
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 star review of Snowbound At Christmas By ((Montana Men #5.5) by Jennifer Ryan, Maisey Yates and Lia Riley
What's not to love? It's the most magical time of the year and also happens to be my most favourite holiday. I love any story that is centred on Christmas; it’s a time for family and friends to get together.
This anthology holds three stories, each written by a different author with a different theme, all cantered around the magic of Christmas. All three of these authors were new to me any
Ann Lorz
There is nothing I love more then holiday stories. They seem to get me in the mood for the upcoming holidays. So far this holiday season Snowbound at Christmas is one of my favorites. Of course that might have to do with the fact that I love Jennifer Ryan's books and loved Lia Riley's Bridgewater series and enjoy Maisey Yates Copper Ridge series.

The part I most like about this book is that two characters I really liked and wanted to know more about got their own stories. Happy dance for that. B
Vicki
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Jennifer Ryan, Lia Riley and Maisey Yates team up in this Christmas anthology that has a storm raging the western US..

In Close to Perfect, book 5.5 of the Montana Men series by Jennifer Ryan, Dex had everything going for him his senior year in high school. Star of the baseball team, college scholarship, and a girl he's fallen hard for. When an ex tries to frame him for a crime he didn't commit, his girlfriend Abby provides an alibi.. and pays for it by getting sent away by her parents. Ten years
Trish R.

CLOSE TO PERFECT by JENNIFER RYAN

Great love story but it was sooo sad at times I couldn’t believe it. Abby’s parents were so evil for so long. What they did to her for ten years was unbelievable. At 16 years old Abby and Dex really loved each other but when she told the truth to keep him from going to jail for something he didn’t do her life became a living hell. I was so happy when her parents died and she was able to come home again. It was a happy time and a sad time but it all worked out per
Christine (Cagnes)
4 stars - Close to Perfect: A Montana Men Novella by Jennifer Ryan.
Meghan Lloyd
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a great collection of Christmas stories! Usually novellas are frustrating, because they leave me wanting a lot more than what I get. Basically, things go too fast and end too soon. Not the case with these novellas! I'll go over each one in its own little paragraph, a smaller version of my usually long reviews.

Close to Perfect - Jennifer Ryan

Jennifer Ryan is the only author of the three whom I have read before, so I had high expectations of her! She did not disappoint. The story highligh
Cathy
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Close To Perfect by Jennifer Ryan
"Close to Perfect" by Jennifer Ryan is just that - close to perfection! It's a lovely tale of a second chance at love. Dex and Abigail found true love, even at such a young age. Abigail was always sheltered by her father, to an extreme. Despite that, she grows to be a strong and independent woman, although it has cost her much. Dex has worked hard to become the man he wants to be and can be proud of. I have enjoyed Ms. Ryan's works in the past (although not neces
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

Are you in need of some Christmas spirit? Look no further, Jennifer Ryan, Lia Riley, and Maisey Yates are going to help you get into some Christmas cheer with there anthology Snowbound at Christmas. Each story is center in one of there series, and will definitely warm your heart.

In Jennifer Ryan's Close to Perfect we are heading back to Montana to see how Dex found his forever love. If you have read the Montana Men books you remember Dex is the young good looking lawye
Kimberly
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 All the Christmas feels stars!

Close to Perfect:
Dex and Abigail are high school sweethearts who were separated by a horrible set of circumstances. 10 years later Abigail is finally back in Dex's life and has a surprise he is not expecting. What Abigail had to endure is heartbreaking, but the power of love can conquer anything. As always Jennifer Ryan knows how to add just the right amount of angst to a sweet love story. I really enjoyed this story.

Hot Winter's Night:
This is another second chanc
Bambing
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
3 novellas of 2nd chance love
3 novellas of Christmas miracles

Hot Winter's Night by Lia Riley is about Marigold and Kittridge, two young lovers who clung to each other amidst their difficult and painful home life. They were childhood sweethearts, each other's first love, and as they will soon realize, their only (oopps, didn't mean to spill that :P).

I liked both Goldie and Kit. I can relate to Goldie's need to control everything around here, and not rely on anybody but herself. Plus, despite her
Isha Coleman
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Does a person ever get over the one that got away? Maisey Yates, Jennifer Ryan and Lia Riley, show the true meaning of love with their theme of second chances and sacrifices in Snowbound at Christmas. My favorite story by far was Close to Perfect by Jennifer Ryan. It embodies what the season is all about. Miracles, faith and forgiveness. Each
contribution brings magic and hope to tempt readers this holiday or any time of year.

Close to Perfect by Jennifer Ryan - Abigail and Dex had discovered some
Amber Hughes
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**4.5 stars-audible edition** I loved this holiday anthology! I was definitely rooting for these couples and their HEA's. This was also my first introduction to Maisey Yates's writing. I'll definitely be reading more of her books!
Eye in Bookland
Nov 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Recibí este arc de forma gratuita lo cual no afecta en absoluta mi honesta opinión.

¡Reseña por venir pronto! Tenía muchas ganas de leer esta antología solo por la historia de Lia Riley y no me decepcionó.
A.J. Pine
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfect holiday read! Review to come!
Nikki
Sweet short reads.
Nate Brightman
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Originally purchased this little book for the Maisey Yates Copper Ridge story. While I enjoyed it, ironically it may have been my least favorite of the three stores. Could be just because I've been burning through the Copper Ridge series for the past few weeks and I needed to hear some different writer's voices?
My favorite was the story of love refound with Abby, Kelly and Dex. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for seeing a little girl get her happily ever after? Corny as it really is Abby was a s
Cheri
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since I’ve been reading the Montana Men and Copper Ridge series I figured I would be missing out if I skipped this collection. Not only does it have stories from both series (two of my favorite authors!), but I get to try out a new-to-me author in the process. Here’s how it went.

Close to Perfect
by Jennifer Ryan
#5.5 Montana Men

A short addition to this series and it’s heartwarming. We’ve met Dex before, and it’s great to read his HEA. This is one of those stories that it will be a spoiler if I say
Shelley
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Probably 2.5 I love snowed in stories, but I didn't always love the characters.

Close to Perfect: I appreciated that Dex never blamed Abby for not reaching out during the ten years she was hiding from her parents, and that they were able to move on quickly to rebuilding trust and relationships. This would have been better if his ex-girlfriend hadn't been so over the top evil. Abby, Kelly and Dex were great, at least.

Snowed in at Copper Ridge: I liked the set up of this one best, snowed in at his
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Close to Perfect: A Montana Men Novella by Jennifer Ryan
Abigail and Dex gets the best holiday they never dreamed of. Dex gets the most precious of gifts and its not the love of his life, its more.

Snowed in at Copper Ridge: A Copper Ridge Novella by Maisey Yates
Mia Landry and a brooding cowboy Devlin Grayson. Holiday at Copper Ridge Lodge give Mia the chance she had dreamed of.

Hot Winter s Night: A Brightwater Novella by Lia Riley
A Christmas second chance romance in Brightwater with lots of sn
Traci Westling
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bought the book because of maisey Yates name & copper ridge story ! Completely fell in love with Devlin & Mia! Nice little sultry sexy quick read & enjoyed watching these two come to terms with their long time relationship transition! Great Christmas feel! The other two stories by Riley & Ryan were equally entertaining & enjoyable! I'd read more from both of them as well as Maiseys award winning work! Christmas novellas all done beautifully!!:)
Leanna Hiner
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I primarily chose this book because I love Jennifer Ryan. Her story was good but I felt that I would have preferred a longer story. I know her books are normally better than this. In Hot Winter Nights Goldie seemed to hate Kit so much I can’t believe they every got back together. The Maisey Yates book was good, but again this story felt rushed. The characters have known each other for quite a while but their story wrapped up pretty fast. These stories left me wanting more.
Nancy Alexander
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved all three stories: Jennifer Ryan “Close to Perfect”, Lia Riley. “Hot Winters Night”, Massey Yates “Snowed in at Copper Ridge”. I’ve read Maisey Yates Copper Ridge series before & will continue to read her books. This was a first for me for Jennifer Ryan & Lia Riley. Both authors I will also continue to read. All three stories - no cliff hangers.
Sue Stewart
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abigail and Dex's story was indeed a "Close to Perfect" fall-in-love Christmas story.

I wanted to be Mia "Snowed in at Copper Ridge" with brooding cowboy Devlin Grayson. Also a great Holiday story.

Both left me with a big smile and a warm fuzzy feeling!!!!
Jennifer Ryan, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of The Hunted and McBrides Series, writes romantic suspense and contemporary small-town romances.

Jennifer lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and three children. When she isn’t writing a book, she’s reading one. Her obsession with both is often revealed in the state of her home, and how late dinner is to the table. Whe

Montana Men (6 books)
  • At Wolf Ranch (Montana Men, #1)
  • When It's Right (Montana Men, #2)
  • Her Lucky Cowboy (Montana Men, #3)
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
  • Her Renegade Rancher (Montana Men, #5)
  • His Cowboy Heart (Montana Men, #6)
“eye. “Let’s get one thing straight, Mia. You’re safe with me. No matter what. Whether you change your mind about this at the last minute, or you want to go full speed ahead, I promise you I’m going to keep you safe. But I’m not a teddy bear. You sleep with me tonight, and you’re not going to end up peacefully cuddled next to me. There’s nothing soft about me.” He tightened his hold on her wrist, pressed her palm more firmly against his length, and then drew her hand up to his stomach, across the flat planes of his ab muscles, and up to his well-defined chest. “And just because you’re a virgin, because you never met a man who made the kissing good enough to make all that other stuff fade into the background, I’m not going to take it easy on you. I’m going to demand a lot. But I’m going to give you a lot. And if you’re all right with that . . . Then yes, we’ll do this. But if you’re expecting me to turn the lights off and let you leave your nightgown on while I dispense with things quickly and easily, you have the wrong guy.” 0 likes
“Wrath and punishment and sin twisted together without love and forgiveness and acceptance is not God.” 0 likes