Start by marking “Forgetting the Past (The Forgotten Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forgetting the Past (The Forgotten Trilogy, #1)

Forgetting the Past

(Forgotten #1)

When Ava Emerson wakes up from a coma, she has no memory of the past 25 years. The only things she knows are the confusing stories told to her by her split family and her two best friends, Chase and Skylar. Learning that her husband, Connor, died in the car accident that caused her amnesia, Ava is sad and heartbroken.

When her nightmares become terrifying memories, Ava bec
Published August 8th 2016 by BrenkennBooks, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Forgetting the Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgetting the Past

Coco.V
Jan 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/8/2018)! 💝
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
I am little surprised at all of the four and five stars for this book. Although it wasn’t terrible for a free novel it definitely didn’t work for me. The author’s writing style almost made me stop reading in the beginning. Kennedy uses short, blunt sentences with a lack of the basic “show, don’t tell” technique. She also uses a passive voice that made the novel have this strange formal quality to it. For example,
“On the drive home, Xander and I stop at Vic’s on the River for a cocktail. This was
Christina
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE books with romance, suspense, and angst! This book fits perfectly!!

I fell in love with Ava and her story right away. As the first book unfolded I kept trying to guess where the story was going, or what would happen next. I couldn't read fast enough!

I can not wait to see what happens next in book 2. I don't want to give anything away but I am definitely rooting for a certain pairing! *wink*wink*

Definitely a must read! Recommended to all!
Sherrie Weerheim
Cute

I think this is a good feel good book. I wanted to know if she would recover her memory so I kept reading. It moves quicker towards the end. The author does a great job bringing the characters together. We may not know enough of Connor yet though....and why the dad was meeting Lorraine...
Karen
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I am always looking for clean books that aren't full of cursing or mature content. This is one that meets that criteria.
Lindsey (Linz Readz)
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, arc
*Grateful to have received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

I truly loved this book! I still cannot believe the cliffhanger. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that there was a warning at the beginning of this book, that both the first and second books in this series would end in cliffhangers. I was still not prepared. Usually, I watch the % on the bottom of my kindle gradually get higher and higher. One second I was looking and I was at 60%, then all of a sudden I was at 100% with no warning! I ab
Debbie Scott
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
VERY EMOTIONAL ROMANCE STORY

The beginning of the book was horrific as far as Ava and Connor's marriage is concerned. Having so many things being forgotten was probably good for Ava's recovery. Ava finally following her dream and having Skylar by her side shows both of their characters in how they move forward. I don't want to comment on Xander's role in case of spoilers. Thank you for an engaging book, will look forward to part two, Danny Scott.
Melissa Harvey
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC from the queen of cliffhangers herself. I'll do my best to give a review without spoiling anything. First Ava's husband, if I could meet him in real life I would beat the shit out of him. I have to say this book was different from everything else Brenda usually writes. There was way more suspense then what I'm used to from her and you know what? I loved that. Chase , Skylar, and Ava have been best friends for years but all of that changed when Ava m ...more
Jennifer Summers
Shockingly addictive

This book makes me want to read the next one and the next one.....so on and so forth.
Very well written. Can't wait to read book two
Lisa
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5*

Imagine not being able to remember who you are or anything that has happened in your life. This is reality for Eva when she comes out of a coma after a car accident. It does become apparent that her life was not all hearts and roses before the accident as life with her husband is revealed to be tumultuous.

As she starts to rebuild her life and the relationships around her, her memories start to return bringing confusion and hurt to the surface. Eva and her friend Skylar follow a long
Sylvia Joseph
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love never forgets

This was a great written book, loved it, I think it would be a wonderful book for anyone that has been abused and stayed on and it actually hurt me to know that Ava had memory problems but was able to love and lose again I would loved to have known if her husband had tried to kill her in the accident, was some what jumbled up but a very good read, it brought memories to me as I have a beautiful niece that was in a bad car accident remembers nothing about the accident and is una
Diane
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This was the first book I've read that was written by Brenda Kennedy and it certainly won't be the last. It was delightful to read a wholesome romance addressing issues pertaining to real life. The book was well written and edited to perfection. I had heard this author was the queen of cliffhangers and after reading her book; it's obvious how she earned the title. WOW! The last couple of words of this novel had me searching for the next book in the series. I can't wait to dig deeper into this st ...more
Jessica Means
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nicole
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG...The Cliffhanger Queen did it again! Another great book to add to her belt.
Ava was a woman in love, got married, lived in a big house, followed all the rules and then in a blink of an eye her world was turned upside down. After a horrible car accident Ava was left with no memory and a widow. Ava walked in her footsteps of the woman she once was while married but to her it didn't feel right even though she couldn't remember. Was there something a miss in her marriage that no one knew? Was th
Amy Sperry
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW. Just WOW. The blurb tells you it's going to be a wild ride and boy, was it.

Ava wakes up from a coma and remembers nothing about her life for the past 25 years. Which truthfully terrifies me. Moving on....

Ava starts to live life again, in a new city, with a new business. Until Xander walks in to her life. Which I love the name Xander - possibly from Buffy the Vampire Slayer series.

Know that this is a cliffhanger start to the trilogy so don't get mad when the book ends!

Christy
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I chose this read upon my mom's recommendation. Ava is lead female character - she has been through a lot in her young life, enough that I myself might feel like giving up - but not Ava, she goes full steam ahead. I admire her strength, she's quite a lady. However, the one thing mom didn't tell me was the heck of a cliff hanger ending. I so want to read the other books in this series. I want to see what's in store for Ava and how her future plays out.
deborah hill
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always amazing

This story is incredible. The characters are so believable, the story is unique romance laced with twists and turns. Can't rest til I have book two, got to know what happens next. Highly recommend. This author is incredible, have read every book I find by her and she never fails to bring the best.
Rachel Rigby
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book, I don't want to give any spoilers away but it's about a married couple, on their second wedding anniversary they have a serious accident and the wife has amnesia and doesn't remember anything from her marriage or before that. We follow Ava re-making relationships with the close people in her life, a good little read and I'm looking forward to the next instalment.
Casey
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin with this book.......I have read all of Brenda Kennedy's books and this is one of her best. It is a cliffhanger, so be warned!! Ava has amnesia, Xander has his own secrets, and there's some family drama involved too! I highly recommend reading this book as it is worth the cliffhanger ending!!! Once again, another great book by Mrs. Kennedy!!
Terry
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't Put Down

I give this one a five star mainly cause I couldn't stop reading it. I thought it was well written and like how it gives views from various characters in the book. I chose this book as it was a free download and was thoroughly impressed with it and looking forward to buying the next one when it is released.
Joan Dash
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put ut down

This book was great. The way the characters were described, I felt like they could be my friends. I was sad when it ended. I look forward to reading the next book
Carrie Rosen
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty Good

The story had some predictable areas, but there were other areas that I just loved learning about. I downloaded this one for free but like city enough to maybe download the others.
Carrie Gubish
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

This is a good book but you have to wait for the next one. I hate that lol. A lot going on in this book. Lots of drama and friendships and new interest. This book has some romance no sex.
Kimberly Jean
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great easy read
Victoria
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
sherry beth
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting Novel

Well written, good story. Just felt frustrated with the ending. So we have to read book two to see how it all turns out.
Karen D. Pellett
Excellent

Captivating with a cliffhanger ending. Powerful story within a story that is masterfully woven together. Creative, relaxing, fast paced reading.
Sandy
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

The only reason that I only gave this book four stars instead of five was because of the cliffhanger ending ! Thoroughly enjoyed it .
Lisa  Rockin' Between The Sheets Reviews
Excellent series, I couldn't put it down!
Brenda Kennedy is an award winner, an Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and a Publishers Weekly bestselling author. She is a true believer of romance. Her stories are based on the relationships that define our lives - compassionate, emotionally gripping, and uplifting novels with true to life characters, that stay with her readers long after the last page is turned.

Her varied, not always pleasant backgro

Forgotten (2 books)
  • Living for Today (Forgotten #2)