Start by marking “Refrain (Soul, #3)” as Want to Read:
Refrain (Soul, #3)

Refrain (Soul #3)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  717 Ratings  ·  171 Reviews
People dream of a love that runs deep. So deep it feels like it's always been with you, just waiting for the person who'll own your heart and soul forever. So few ever find it, but for Rhyson Gray and Kai Pearson, happily ever after was only the beginning...

One of the biggest rock stars in the world and one of the brightest rising stars make a life together. Sometimes it's
Paperback
Published August 15th 2016

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
REFRAIN IS LIVE!
★ Complete Soul Series Release Week Sale-->
All three books on sale for 99¢ each on Amazon US! ★
MY SOUL TO KEEP (Soul Series #1) * DOWN TO MY SOUL (Soul Series #2) * REFRAIN (Soul Series #3) *#99c each<--

A beautiful, intense, flawlessly crafted conclusion to one of my favourite love stories with an unputdownable narrative that took me on a journey of fear, heart stopping moments and LOVE<-- #6StarLove.

Refrain, the third and final part of this MUSIC themed New Adult R
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
#6Stars #Happiness #BlubberingMess #Perfect #BestSeriesEver
 photo image.jpg1_zpshvaco5zl.jpg

Sometimes an author gives you a gift. A gift of more of a series that is completely magical and amazing. Refrain give us more of Kai and Rhyson. A couple that has truly found their other half. They are kismet, they are special, and they love with all their heart and soul. This book touches your deep down, makes you laugh and cry and most of all makes you Happy Happy!!

This book, this journey of Kai and Rhy, delves into their connection e
Myla
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When I learned that Kennedy Ryan will write a novella for one of my favorite couple, Rhyson & Kai, I couldn’t be happier. Just can’t let go of this couple. But she did more, she wrote a full novel, you are very kind to your readers who clamor for more Rhyson & Kai. Thank you!

Rhyson continuously shows how much Kai means to her, how much he value her opinion, her thoughts, she’s his everything. Kai learned her lesson not to keep anything from Rhyson. And their drama-free relationship, base
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
When I started reading Refrain the first thought that came to me was how much I'd missed Kai and Rhyson. It was so easy to get back into the story of them. It was almost as if they were a part of me. Every emotion I had and went through while ready My Soul To Keep and Down To My Soul came back in a flash and I was enveloped in a bubble of love. Love for these two fabulous characters and the love for Kennedy Ryan's writing.

One thing that has been a constant for me besides Kai and Rhyson's relatio
 • L I Z •
R E F R A I N • 5+ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ARC generously provided by the author. (Thank you.)

photo PicsArt_08-12-09.33.18_zps3a2kpujt.jpg

A beautiful end to a beautiful series.

I was beyond happy to catch up with this lovable couple, and seeing how their relationship had progressed. Rhysons POV was my favourite part, how possessive he is over Kai, he loves that woman something fierce. Their relationship is put to the ultimate test in part 3, with a lot of things trying to get in their way of a HEA.

Rhys & Kai's "once-in-a-lifetime" kind of love has b
Michelle
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta
First things first, I am the original Mrs. Rhyson Grey. I have loved him since I beta read the first Soul book 13 months ago. Now that is clear with everyone, you can also thank me for this book as I badgered Kennedy for more Rhyson.

You might have thought that Rhyson and Kai's story was told but there is more to tell. This is by far the SEXIEST book Kennedy has written. In addition to the sexy times, there is fear, sadness, utter joy, and character development for Rhyson and Bristol.

I loved this
TeriLyn

Soul Series Book Three coming August 15th! A MUST READ continuation of Rhyson & Kai's EPIC love story!

5++++ "Perfect love casts out fear." Stars

These books stand as one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE romance series. My words cannot adequately describe the love affair I have with Kennedy Ryan's writing. So refreshing and evocative and engaging. Refrain comes as the third book in Rhyson and Kai's story and is a MUST READ continuation about what happens after the happily ever for now. This authors bri
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kennedy Ryan has done it yet again. I continue to be amazed by what this woman can create.

It's no secret I love this series,RHYSON and Kai are truly one of the best book couples I've been lucky enough to experience. When I finished book 2, I just knew this story could not be over, and if I'm speaking truthfully I never want it to end. Refrain seals it all together, all the pieces you knew you needed to truly say goodbye to these two have been done and said. The love these two bring to life is b
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Refrain (Soul Series #3) by Kennedy Ryan
4.5 stars!!!

“Perfect love casts out fear.”

This is one of those series that I have adored from the very beginning. There was something about Rhyson and Kai from the very beginning that captured my full attention. They were an adorable couple who had mountains to climb and seemingly had the world against them, yet they survived, team #Kaison. Us readers asked for more and Kennedy Ryan delivered, but not before putting us through the wringer one final tim
Cristal H.
Originally posted on Slow Reader's Blog

"I think my soul knew you before I did. Knew you were the one I should spend the rest of my life with. Getting to know you, becoming your friend, only convinced me of what I think my heart and my soud already knew."

"And what's that? ... "

"That you're mine and I'm yours."

Kennedy Ryan wraps up (hopefully not for the last time) the love story of one of the sweetest couples that I've ever read. I fell in love with these two from the very moment they met a
Alissa
Shelves: favorite-series
Pure perfection!! I read the last page of Down to My Soul and did two things: yelled "NOOOOO" because I didn't want it to be over. Then I politely asked (okay, begged) Kennedy Ryan to please, for the love of God, give us more Rhys & Kai. Apparently I wasn't the only reader who fell so deep in love with this couple and their story, because Kennedy gave us Refrain - her thank you to all of the fans of the Soul series.

I wasn't sure what to expect in this book, but it blew all my expectations o
Stephanie Rose
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Refrain is a beautifully written, hot and intense conclusion to what has become one of my favorite series.

Rhys and Kai are still crazy in love, but not out of the woods quite yet. Everything about them is more intense, their connection, their insane chemistry, and the tension around them. I spent most of this book on the edge of my seat with my heart in my throat. Kennedy Ryan takes us on a wild and very unexpected ride filled with scorching hot scenes and jaw dropping suspense.

Rhyson is in all
Kindling Micky

After basking in the goodness of DOWN TO MY SOUL, I wasn't sure about needing more from Kai and Rhyson; I liked where it was left. However, I quickly enjoyed being in the happy zone with these two.

As the book moved on, I went back and forth in how I felt about the book, some great story, some hit-you-in-the-gut lines but also some unnecessary angst. I did struggle with Rhyson in this book due to his over-alpha control and Kai's capitulation to this at times. This was my last favourite
Bianca
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Just when you thought you understood the deep love between Rhyson and Kai, the author gifts us with this. Her words, these characters, their love? They are a testament to love and how love truly bears all things.

“You keep making me fall in love with you over and over and over. When does it stop?”
“It won’t stop.”

Rhyson and Kai have been through so much to get to where they are now. Their love has been challenged, they’ve faced adversity and heart
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Refrain by Kennedy Ryan 4.5 Stars

“I see you, baby. I live you.”

This is a third and final book of Rhyson & Kai's EPIC love story! Cries…

In the previous two books, Rhyson and Kai went through a very tumultuous journey but they prevailed and finally found their way to each other. Refrain brought back these beautiful characters and their journey to HEA. I did not realize how much I missed them until I started reading Refrain. I just fell in love with these two love birds all over again.

Rhyson
Margie's Must Reads
An epic companion to a timeless love story. Refrain resonates deep in your soul. I cannot imagine The Soul Series without it now, it needed to be told. I live it so much!! #KaisonForever
RentasticReads
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“...this love resounds. It’s loud; so deafeningly loud that all I hear is her. And all she hears is me. We are our own refrain.”

Well I'll be damned. I don't think I'll ever get enough doses of Rhyson Gray. Ever. I'm honestly over the moon that Kennedy Ryan decided to give us one more book of Rhyson Gray and Kai Pearson, and a full-length one at that. It'll never get old. They just keep getting better and better. They make me fall deeper in love each time. And I think this one's by far my favor
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Musical Stars

First off---you MUST read Books 1 and 2 before this book. Secondly---do NOT miss this heart warming series! I am a huge fan of the epilogue, whether it's two days later or two years later. I NEED to know what the h--- happens with the story. This book...perfection. Fans of the story will think they have died and gone to heaven. Seriously. More of Kai and Rhys. No brainer. Read it!

Living their life in the public eye has been stressful on this pair. Deep down in their souls they a
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kelly, arcs, 2016-reads
I'm so ridiculously happy that we got more from Kai and Rhyson! The passion is obviously still there, but as fans, we finally find out what came next for these two beloved characters. And what's more, the hardships and unexpected set-backs that lurk around the corner.

Refrain was packed with ups and downs, joy and heartache, and twists and turns...everything to get your blood pumping! I loved every page in this book, and the anticipation and longing for a HEA for these two was a nail-biter. I don
Giovanna Bovenzi Cruz
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've loved this couple so much from the start of book one, My Soul To Keep. Usually in a series, things start to get mundane, which is definitely not the case here! Kai and Rhys have my freaking heart. By far my favorite book of the series. Then there's that special moment where the title makes perfect sense. My heart was so full. I SWOONED so hard! So so hard! I can't even take it!! I felt like I died twice while reading. There was so much love, just so much love, then came the tears. I literal ...more
Mari
What a journey these two have been one. When you think it's going on way, life throws you curveballs. I have to admire Rhys here, despite his growly, demanding, alpha ways. I actually can appreciate his growth of character and how deep his devotion runs. Both of them. It's definitely not boring and now their story comes full circle. A meaningful one for them. But I'm happy that Grip and Bristol will have them in it hopefully.
Yamina
********Five stars and beyond***********

When I finished reading My Soul to keep and Down to my Soul, I had the biggest book hangover EVER. No books have affected me from a personal perspective as much as the Soul Series. I fell in love with Refrain before reading it because it was Pep and Rhys <3
I was desperate to read more of Kai and Rhys's story but I was also apprehensive. I can't describe with words how I felt, I knew that Kennedy Ryan would not let us down but I was wondering how could s
Lucy
Shelves: favorites, topof2016
How do you rate perfection? This was the BEST wrap up to a series I've ever read. The only thing that could have made it better would have been for it to never end.
We meet up with Kai and Rhyson in a state of bliss...they are together, Kai is an artist on Rhyson's label and they are KILLING it.
Of course, Rhyson's obsessive fans aren't thrilled that he has publicly moved on and one of them threatens the couple and throws a real wrench in their happiness.
As we see Kai and Rhyson learn how to bal
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

✿ ✿ ✿ ARC Giveaway! ✿ ✿ ✿
Part of the Shh… Summer Buzz Book Event 2016!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Win ARCs for all the Buzz Books featured!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Books: https://goo.gl/4p43qo
Jun-Sep book, release & ARC info!!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book Calendar: https://goo.gl/78NlrK
All Buzz Books organized by week of release!
❀ Join Shh…: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
Join for direct links to work. GR redirects all non-members to group home.
❀ RSVP: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
❀ Author s
Shamika
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm giving this story a huge round of applause! My love for Rhyson and Kai run deep and I'm pretty sure my obsession has certainly met an all time high. I was impressed with the realness and depth of the story in My Soul To Keep. Then in Down To My Soul, the pure richness of the story and incredible writing blew me away. So now with Refrain I'm completely captivated with this emotional, sensual and beautiful conclusion to this story. The maturity and growth of this couple's journey is on display ...more
Cristal H.
A sweet reread! Kai and Rhyson are still everything.
Aaly
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
*** ARC kindly provided by the author for an honest review. ***

If I could give more than 5 stars I would! This book was so soul searching, intense and passionate. I could hear Kai and Rhys' beautiful song through my bones, just gave me chills. I was so glad the author decided to write a full length novel and not a novella, there was so much more to say and to feel.
A love that resounds. A love that warmed my heart. A love that made me swoon. A love that made me blush. Defying time and space. Jus
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"We always say we want honesty until the truth slips in like a dagger between our ribs."

Refrain was the perfect finale to an incredible series. Rhyson & Kai's love is soul deep, but sometimes love isn't enough. Sometimes life throws hell in the path of your heaven and you have to choose between yourself and the one you love. Kai followed her dreams to be a star, but when she met him her dreams paled in comparison. He became her dream. He pushed his way into her heart. He saw her. Would h
Shannon

Can I just gush and fawn and drool over how dirty and delicious Rhyson Gray is in this book?!? Because Oh.My.Lanta. he is! He's always had this understated alphaness to him, but in Refrain we get to see it come through in all its glory...and it is so, so glorious.

But we'll come back to that...because there is so much more to this story than just Rhyson and his extreme and utter sexiness. Refrain gives us a perfect look into the hea of Rhyson and Kai, although not without a few trials and tribula
Franci Neill
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Music For My Soul Stars!!!

Oh how I love Rhys and Kai and am so thrilled that Ms. Ryan listened to us readers and gave us more of this wonderfully romantic and beautiful couple.

Kai is working on a major project while Rhys is launching his record label which keeps him from home more often than they would both like. However, there's plenty of heat that burns up the wires between them so the adage of distance makes the heart grow fonder applies to our H/h!

And as things seem to be going right in
Kennedy Ryan Books: REFRAIN Cover Reveal + Giveaways! 2 22 Aug 03, 2016 09:12AM
  • Worth Any Cost (Gaming the System, #6)
  • Wait (Bleeding Stars, #4)
  • Stroked (Stroked, #1)
  • Thick & Thin (Thin Love, #3)
  • Epic Love (Epic Fail, #3)
  • Love Amplified (Heavy Influence, #3)
  • Own (Need, #3)
  • Sweet Cheeks
  • Ballistic (Vigilantes, #3)
  • Broken Record (Record, #5)
  • Thief of Hearts (Hearts, #5)
  • Indefinite
  • Anything but Perfect (Hurricane Creek, #2)
  • Fool Me Once (Foolproof Love, #2)
  • Porter (Lovibond, #3)
  • Pursue (Portland Street Kings #4)
  • Untitled (Fairfax, #3)
  • Amped (Trent Brothers, #2)
Subscribe to my mailing list for monthly giveaways & exclusives:
bit.ly/KRList

There's a FB page for inside scoop, exclusive teasers, giveaways, discussions and all things related to my books:

KENNEDY RYAN BOOKS - https://www.facebook.com/groups/68160...

Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KennedyRyanA...

www.instagram.com/kennedyryan1/
www.pinterest.com/kennedyryan
YouTubeChannel: www.yout
More about Kennedy Ryan...

Soul (3 books)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul, #1)
  • Down to My Soul (Soul, #2)

“But now and for the rest of my life, Kai is the living, breathing address that is my home. She’s my entire damn zip code. In” 1 likes